Create Account

S54 SMJHL PT #3 - Pre-Game Playlist

[Image: pJmTnYK.png]

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

codeine crazy - future

come on now this song just bumps man. come on you know the boys finna get hyped up to this shit. you put this on and yeah wowie look at the boys bump. yeah man this song is on the list for sure you know it man. good stuff here.

broke as fuck - ybn cordae

another banging song and its also pretty topical because dmills is a dick and shafted me on my contract negotiations. i have no money thanks dmills you dick head. song is good tho for real.

boogie - brockhampton

oh come off it. come on now really? boogie is on here? come on. yeah this song is a slammer. I put this song and we go slam slam. really love this one boys like it, i like it, in turn the boys like it. good song.

dreams and nightmares - meek mill

yes man yes. ayy step back throw back. this song is a classic hyper jam no doubt. little whaler boys jam to this one. like this ay ay ay haha. man this is just a good song. impossible not to get excited hearing this one on god bro.

i aint got time - tyler the creator

booop booop boop yep thats riight. tyler makes the list! i aint go tiiiiime haha yess. good stuff tyler. yeah this song is good and the boys like it

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

hard rock hallelujah - lordi

the kid from Finland has to represent his country with some LORDI. Great rock song to pump the gang up.

how to be the man - riff raff

a song about being the best. which is what we tryin to do in Maine.

click click boom - saliva

another great early 2000's pump up, tryna get the boys fired up ready to score a billion goals with this tune.

that roses remix by saint jhn

great tune that has great vibes. another one that gets the boys going

914 - pete rock ft. styles p / sheek louch

a hard rap song that gets the maine boyz fired up. what a heater.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

1.Seven Nation Army - SKALD

A Scandinavian take on seven nation army provided by yours truly , The Godmother. This is a bit of a starting tune to the playlist, putting the team into a fighting mood.

2.Tax Collector, G_P_5, DOGLAND

Okay bear with me. Who doesn't want to get pumped up listening to some Russian harbass? Perfect song while in the tunnel waiting to step onto the ice to get the blood flowing

3. Wolf Totem - The HU, Papa Roach

This song is just perfect and you can't tell me otherwise. Perfect if you are facing a rival and great to blast in the locker room as you are preparing to do battle on the ice. The team tends to react positively to this song as it addresses facing your enemies as a team.

4.I Won't Back Down- Johnny Cash

Let's slow this one down. The team takes positively to this song as it talks about never backing down no matter what you face. Even if we are down by 3 with 5 minutes to go, never back down.

5. Northwest Passage - Unleash The Archers

Eh this one is a stretch, I just added it because I love the song. It talks about adventure, and I apply it to the adventure of finally winning the four star cup at the end of the season and the challenges that need to be faced to get there.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2020, 08:42 PM by Cyanide.)

How You Like Me Now - The Heavy

This songs instrumental and pace gives the team a nice song to listen to while getting into both their equipment and the game time mindset.

Through the Fire and the Flames - DragonForce

With most of the team growing up in the 2000's, Guitar Hero was a part of many of their childhoods. This song brings back great memories and a competitiveness to the team.

Can't Stop - The Red Hot Chili Peppers

A reminder that the team will have to play their best for the full 60 minutes to win the game.

Reckless Paradise - Billy Talent

This song is a favourite for the punk rock fans in the locker room. The song is a favourite for the coach while he pumps the team up.

Come Together - The Beatles

This song is a gentle reminder to the team that no matter what happens, that the entire group is in it for the long haul.

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

Walk the Line - Johnny Cash: As an opener, nothing is more appropriate than the man that embodied the outlaw culture than Johnny Cash, and Walk the Line was a no brainer. It's moderate tempo is great for an LR soother.

We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister: Something a bit heavier, but not by too much. Getting that rebellion into their mindset takes time, and what a better song to do that than this classic?

Master of Puppets - Metallica: Right after, the boys need to get pumped, and what better way to do that than a bit of heavy metal? Good tempo, heavy instrumentation, and overall just a fun song to listen to, it's perfect as a way to get hyped for the game ahead.

The Final Countdown - Europe: The song is pretty meh all things considered, but it's a time to get ready for the game ahead. Take time to think, then it's out onto the ice.

Raise a Little Hell - Trooper: If there's anything that represents the outlaws, it's this. If you don't like things, why don't you change it? Just raise a bit of hell and we're on the road to greatness.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

1. For Whom the Bell Tolls, Metallica: Kelowna players get hyped for the coming game with this classic, chosen for its fast paced beat and ability to drive the boys to be ready to run through a wall and get a big win
2. Enter Sandman, Metallica: The walkout song for the players, Enter Sandman is chosen for the same reason Mariano Rivera entered games for the Yankees to it - it lets everyone know that the best have arrived, and it's time for domination
3. Purple Lamborghini, Skrillex & Rick Ross: This song gets everyone fired up with its incredible beat. Requested specifically by the rookies of the Knights, it's their contribution to the pregame ritual
4. Hot N*gga, Bobby Shmurda: A more relaxed but still upbeat song, this song was chosen for its ability to relax, but also get everyone pumped
5. Master of Puppets, Metallica: Another Metallica song, this is a choice from the coaching staff, as its incredibly fast paced chords gets everyone ready for war

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

It was Kharlamovs turn to pick the pregame playlist.

Call me Maybe(Carly area Jepsen)- This song was to break the mood, most players have spent a while thinking about the game all day and could use a laugh. The song is a bit of a meme but does the job perfectly, fun sing along with a few of the players.

Life’s been good(Joe Walsh) - Next is a background song, one that plays while the guys work on getting dressed. It’s a longer song so it gives them a good chunk of time to do so.

Ecstasy of Gold (Ennio Morricone) - This next song brings the room into a bit more of serious mood, the build up in this song despite its lyrics helps focus the energy in the room as the players finish the last bits of their equipment.

Can’t Hold Us(Macklemore) - this is a classic I can do anything song, one that can inspire anyone to go out and do anything. This song channels the focused energy of the last some and shifts it to motivate the team that they can do this, that they won’t stop us.

Knocking at the Door(Arkells) - the last song is similar to the one before it in it’s a pump up song. This time shifting the we can do it, to a we will do it. We are right here knocking at the door(the locker room one) to get out there and show the world we will win this game.

Atlas, Rise - Metallica
Gangnam Style - Psy
Dance Monkey - Tones and I
Baby - Bieber
Freebird - Skynard

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

1.) 9 to 5 –Dolly Parton
We're starting off with the queen of country herself. The boys file into the Outlaws locker room and get slapped by this banger and check whatever emotional baggage they had at the door.
2.) Levels –Avicii
An immediate change of pace that keeps the lads on their toes and builds on those positive vibes.  Impossible to have a bad time while listening to this one.
3.) Rella – Odd Future
Curve ball number two. A weirdly aggressive energy fills the locker room and the outlaws aren’t entirely sure how to direct it but the energy is definitely there. At this point tables start to get flipped, smelling salts are getting tossed left and right, there is a medium sized fire in the trashcan.
4.) Lord knows – Meek Mill
The boys quickly shift and put a lid on that energy and appear to cool off a bit. For now it’s just a simmer. They’re sitting in their lockers, finishing up taping their sticks, retying laces and all the other superstitions out of the way.
5.) Wanted Dead or Alive – Bon Jovi
Not only does the opening sound just like the opening to the first mighty ducks movie, but it also reminds the boys that they’re outlaws. All of the different vibes combine into a kind of focused trance and they head for the tunnel.