Create Account

S54 WFT #3 - Make the Case: SHL Player Poll Edition
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2020, 10:27 AM by Count Chocula.)

Everyone's Favorite SHL user is clearly @JNH, I love that little bastard. He is not only one of the greatest GMs of all time, but he is also just so damn cute and adorable. He is the type of guy that would make even Don Juan question his sexuality after being near him.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Best produced media: Smalinowski7

Agree, Smalinowski regularly puts out some of the most detailed info I've seen.  All those graphs & charts for the entire league really helps the players & GMs.

[Image: uxBTBCX.png]
Berserkers norway

Quote:Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy

Against

For me favorit SHL user is a bit special because i dont like to name one but a whole team! I love every member of the Toronto North Stars! Everyone is just an awsome person!

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy

THIS man, this absolute unit quickly became one of my favorite people of all time to be around on this site. The passion and dedication to his user, his teams, and the SHL at large is almost unbelievable. He is an enjoyable guy in the locker rooms as well.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap

Ah, good ol Acsolap. This guy, to me, is the ultimate bro. I have had the distinct pleasure of having both of my players on the Anchorage Armada and he's always a great guy to talk to. He runs one of the best locker rooms in this league and I would recommend him to anyone getting involved with this league. Just a great all around guy, what you want in the GM.

Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

I did vote for these guys in the poll. No disrespect intended to other well-managed teams like CGY, LAP, MAN, EDM etc but over the last while BUF has been doing everything right, They built their team mostly through the draft and have managed to encourage the players to buy in and get good. They have developed a decent culture of 'us against the world' akin to the Renegades of the past, building a strong LR culture. Because of this they also are able to make trades from a position of strength and always seem to get really good value in their dealings. From the technical side they seem to be able to have a solid understanding of the sim engine and how to get the best results in the games. So, all in all, there isn't much to argue against this poll result and I'd say it's valid!

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

The most dedicated user is without a doubt luketd. The sheer amount that he contributes to the site such as being a gm, producing quality media, founding the SHN, and being a rookie mentor helps make the site a more fun experience.

[Image: vDWeWJB.png]
Sig By Carpy48
Selected #14 Overall to the Colorado Raptors
Selected #9 Overall to the Calgary Dragons
Finland Dragons Raptors
[Image: zdXC6eb.png][Image: 8b7dmkE.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2020, 12:33 PM by acdangel.)

As one of the only users on the list I know personally, I'd say I'm for having a drink with @Acsolap. Assclap, as he's known in select circles, is an interesting dude. Always down for a vaguely British reference in the NEW LR, Assclap is the man. Plus, I'd like to drink with pretty much anyone so that works too.

[Image: danglechek.png]

Code:
Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke

I'm not sure which one they would fall under but I'd argue the folks that put together Hockey Talk Tonight are certainly deserving of a 'best of SHL' title for their podcast/media/talk show. The quality of the audio and visual components set them above the rest from what I've seen.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

Most dedicated SHL user: luketd
FOR - Luke does so much for this site that people don't see, plus he is a committed GM, a good guy, and always around if you have a question or need something.

Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap
Against - Not so much that I'm against A Complicated System of Levers and Pulleys, but I think that getting a drink with someone like Eggy would be more interesting, plus I really just wanted to spell out Acsolaps name.

For - Dude is a bro, such a good bro, the best bro. But honestly, his content has been unreal. So glad to have Jukes in my LR and we get to see all the charts and graphs before. THIS MAN GRAPHS!

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Code:
Best at graphics: Wasty
I definitely agree with this one here. There are a lot of great graphics makers here on the SHL, but there is nothing that compares to a great and always sharp looking @Wasty sig. His skills in the graphic department are of very high standards and in my opinion, there is nobody better on the SHL.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Code:
Best at graphics: Wasty
FOR

Well, since I'm here I watched graphics thread a lot. And Wasty's graphs are the best. Sigs looks very professional and great. I would like to have on of his sigs.

Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

I once was part of the team when they weren't as good as now. The managment change and the comeback of a lost one has turned them around and they always have high draft picks. Don't know how they get them always.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

I haven't really had a lot of contact with anyone in this group outside of Gecko and he got my vote. Dude is a pleasure to have around in an LR and was well deserving of the win.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Best Graphics: Wasty

Every piece of graphic I've seen him create has looked fantastic. There is a lot of guys on here that are very talented too so it's saying a lot that he got the majority of the votes for this.

[Image: O8HREwL.png]

Raptors Canada pride
Player Page - Update Page