Create Account

PGS Game #1 - Vancouver Whalers vs. Colorado Raptors

Statistical Difference - 123 words

If you were just to look at the Team Statistics for this game before the Final Score, one would think that the end score would be much closer than it ended up being.  Colorado Raptors won more face-offs, out shot, and out hit than the Vancouver Whalers, but were unable to put all of that together to put a single point on the scoreboard.  Vancouver was able to take those limited opportunities and convert them into 4 goals on the day for the victory over the Colorado Raptors in the first game of the season.  Something that cannot be put into the Box Score is the home crowd that was loud from the start, but once the goals started coming, they became deafening.

Tale Between the Pipes - 142 Words

The difference of the two players playing between the pipes for each team was the biggest factor for each of these teams during the game.  Vancouver Whalers net minder, second year player Name Redacted, was a stalwart force for the whole 60 minutes.  He was able to save all 32 shots that the Raptors put towards his net, starting off the season with a Shut Out is always a huge boost for the team.  While the Colorado Raptors Goalie, fourth year Samat Beibitzhanov, started out with a good first period, stopping all 5 of the Whalers’ Shots on Goal, but it only took 50 seconds into the second period and the Whalers were able to get the first score of the night.  Samat ended the game only stopping 21 of the 25 total shots on goal for a save percentage of 0.840.

Rookie Assistance - 120 words

The Rookie class for the Vancouver Whalers didn’t take long to have their presence be known to the rest of their team.  Combining for 6 of the team’s 7 total Assists, the Rookies were instrumental in getting the puck to the right places so that the Whalers could get the puck past Beibitzhanov.  Leading the Rookies for Vancouver was Domenic Alessandrini and Johnny Shuffleboard with 2 Assists a piece, and then Wile Coyote and Devin Devin Basher with an Assist each.  The lonely Veteran Assist coming from Slimey Snail on the team’s second goal of the day.  This is a great sign for the future of this team, as the Rookies will only get more involved as their careers progress.

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/wiqZK8C.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/6QlU4ci.png[/img]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2020, 01:17 PM by Gooney.)

Comment 1 - Player of the Game

Oh boy player of the game is always a tough choice. This was a very good for many players in this game. Bryce McMahon had a very strong game for the Vancouver Whalers its hard not to give him the Player of the game but it my mind it has to go to Vancouver Whalers goalie Name Redacted. Name Redacted played out of his mind in this game bro on god. Stood on is head for the Whalers. Guy is just really good at hockey man I swear. He had a shutout on 32 shots against from a very strong Raptors team. Good Job Redacted.

Comment 2 - 3 Stars of the Game

3rd Star - This is going to go to my boy, my man, the one and only Johnny Shuffleboard. This guy is just a stud dman for the Vancouver Whalers. He just plays such a good clean game. He had 2 big time assists for the whalers. including one on the game winning goal. Good showing from Johnny

2nd Star - What a showing from Bryce Mcmahon. 2 big time goals for his hockey club. Very easily couldve been the 1st star but no.

1st Star - Big time game from a big time goalie. Name Redacted stood on his head. Good job name redacted. Such a good goalie.

Comment 3 - Turning Point of the Game

There was a lot of crucial moments in this game. Including numerous big time stops from the one and only goalie Name Redacted. You couldve picked any number of one of his big time saves to plug into this slot. But I am going to go with another moment which i thought was huge. Just 50 seconds into this matchup, Ryosuke Sato of the Vancouver whalers scored a big time goal. I believed this goal put the Whalers into the driver seat for an easy win. They used the eneergy and rode it all throughout the game. Was just a beauty goal, set up domenic Alessanrdini and Johnny Shuffleboard. The raptors could not recover.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

C1
The Importance of a Win
Both the Vancouver Whalers, and the Colorado Raptors come into tonight with.. less than favorable records. The Whalers sport a 1-6-0 record, while the Raptors present one of 2-2-1. Rough start to the season for both teams, and it is quite clear that each team could use the two points that are up for grabs tonight. And just to make the game a little more interesting, it is a match up between two teams of the same conference. The Whalers ended up grabbing the win tonight, boosting them to 2-6, while the Raptors drop to 2-3-1 on the season. The Whalers will need to keep playing like this if they expect to have any chance of catching up to a team like the Knights. 
Code:
124 Words

C2
How to Get Away with Murder Petty Theft
Lets be honest, the Vancouver Whalers did not play as good as they could've. Especially considering Name Redacted's poor start to the season so far, they needed to play with a little more urgency than was shown tonight. Colorado looked much better in the post-game stat-line, but Name Redacted played what could very well be one of the better games of his season. Grabbing the shutout facing 32 shots tonight, he made it easy for the guys in front of him to play how they did. So with his first shutout of more coming, Name Redacted will earn the first star, and the win for the Vancouver Whalers tonight. 
Code:
109 Words

C3
The Three Stars
Your third star tonight.. from the Vancouver Whalers.. Johnny Shuffleboard! Shuffleboard was the 3rd overall pick in the recent draft for the Whalers, and this game just goes to show what they saw in him. He grabs two assists, both in the second period, to help the Whalers to a 4-0 victory.
Your second star tonight.. from the Vancouver Whalers.. Bryce McMahon! With 2 goals tonight, coming back to back in the second period to put the Whalers up 3-0, McMahon had himself a good game offensively, and made Allesandrini and Shuffleboard look great.
Your first star tonight.. from the Vancouver Whalers.. Name Redacted! He played great all game, and made the big saves that needed to be made. The Raptors out shot the Whalers, but he made sure that didn't make a difference in the game. 
Code:
137 Words