Create Account

s54 Graphics Contest: Black and White
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2020, 07:30 PM by hewasajazzman.)

What's goin' on graphics people! Carp and Julio have been pretty busy with their real lives lately but they are always thinking of you guys. They recognized there hasn't been a whole lot going on in the Graphics section recently, so... what better time to hold a contest? I ain't got much goin' on so I offered to help out and organize the contest for them. So, uhh... yeah. Here it is!

Theme:
Black and White

Requirements:
Create a "Black and White" Signature for a Player, preferably a Rookie, in the SHL or SMJHL to use on the site!
You may choose to use ONE color in your Signature but it should be predominantly grayscale.
Your Signature MUST INCLUDE: a SHL or SMJHL Player Render, a logo from that Player's team, and Player Name Text.
Signatures should be no larger than 500x500 pixels.

How to Enter:
Please message me, @hewasajazzman, directly on the site with the Signature you would like to enter into the contest.
I would like to encourage you to show off your work, please feel free to post it in this thread (and don't forget to @ the user whose player you used!) but only submissions that are directly messaged to me on the site will be entered into the contest.
The deadline for submitting a Signature to the contest will be one week from today, Wednesday June 17th, at Midnight EST.

Judging:
A panel of 5 judges will each give up to 5 points to each Signature.
Points will be added up for each Signature, giving them a possible total of 25.
The top THREE scoring Signatures will be awarded prizes.
In the event of a tie we will go to a public vote.

Prizes:
Carpy and Julio have been gracious enough to fund this contest so please give many thanks to them!
1st Place- $5 mil
2nd Place- $3.5 mil
3rd Place- $1.5 mil
Signatures that have been submitted to the contest that do not place in the top 3 may be submitted in the "Weekly Submissions" thread for regular grading, counting towards your 4 for the week.

Alright guys, that's about it. Feel free to message me or tag me here with any questions.

I hate the 500x500 limit personally

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Awww yissss

06-10-2020, 08:41 PMNokazoa Wrote: I hate the 500x500 limit personally

i can respect that, but at the same time i believe it makes sense. since the aim is for users to actually use these sigs, the size restriction is so that users dont have huge sigs that ruin the aesthetic of the site. i get that users can just resize the image in their sig but i dont quite see a point in making a sig any bigger when it is being made to be primarily viewed at that size.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2020, 05:06 PM by Nokazoa.)

06-11-2020, 08:47 AMhewasajazzman Wrote:
06-10-2020, 08:41 PMNokazoa Wrote: I hate the 500x500 limit personally

i can respect that, but at the same time i believe it makes sense. since the aim is for users to actually use these sigs, the size restriction is so that users dont have huge sigs that ruin the aesthetic of the site. i get that users can just resize the image in their sig but i dont quite see a point in making a sig any bigger when it is being made to be primarily viewed at that size.

Yea I understand it. I just go for Wider sigs than tall ones, I may get off my ass and make one for this. Maybe I can actually place top 5 this time

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

I'm ready to place last

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

[Image: BKGrppM.png]
for the lovely @Rancidbudgie

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

06-12-2020, 05:47 PMrum_ham Wrote: [Image: BKGrppM.png]
Sick! This contest fits your normal style well haha

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

[Image: wh.png]

my submission for @"thecanadiancanuck"

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

06-12-2020, 05:58 PMreid_sutherland Wrote:
06-12-2020, 05:47 PMrum_ham Wrote: [Image: BKGrppM.png]
Sick! This contest fits your normal style well haha
Thanks dood
Yours is dope as well! Also I'd be lying if I said I haven't been looking for an excuse to make a b&w sig for a while  Ninja

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

[Image: adlrLBu.png]

Mine for @JMacNCheese

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

bumping. only a couple days left to submit people! winners will be announced over the weekend.