Create Account

Re: My Suspension

Hello all, I know none of you are waiting with bated breath at my return, but I thought I'd address my suspension and give my official response. For those of you who don't know, I told a racist to kill himself, which is against our rules of conduct. There are a lot of reasons I chose to do this, but I think they are not relevant here.

First of all, I am in favor of this rule and this suspension.

This rule, and rules like it, reasonably help shape our community into the type of community we'd like it to be. They are necessarily cut-and-dry and cant be applied at the HO's discretion. In that regard, I would like to be part of a community where telling someone to kill themselves is met with suspension. It should be a very rare thing. So I have no issue with the rule being enforced, because it makes our community better.

Second, this was not a "whoopsie", was not done in error. I deliberately broke the rules, knowing full well this would happen, in order to tell a racist to end his life. Given the chance to go back, I'd do it the exact same way. The least we can do is tell racists in our community to eat shit and die. But, again, the rules keep us safe from ourselves and from dealing out our own verbal justice to anyone we don't like at the drop of a hat. So, consider this instance my final foray into harsh and offensive language.

Third, Apologies.

Part of being in this community is representing a team, or two, or three. My posts carry the logo of The Tampa Bay Barracuda, The Carolina Kraken, and the Great Briton Great Britons. I am therefore a representative to these teams, as we all are of our own teams. Furthermore, I care about these teams and the people in them. And so I'd like to publicly apologize for dragging their name along with me in my dealings. I am sorry that I made the teams look bad. As someone who hopes to be a big part of both the Cudas and the Kraken, I know what kind of message one person can send about a team. It was selfish of me to use our community to speak such words.

Finally, I'm sorry to any non-racists who were offended by what I said. Suicide is something that many of us have felt and/or dealt with. Am I sorry if I brought hurtful thoughts to the forefront of your mind.

I am sorry to those mentioned and no one else, but I am not regretful.

Black Lives Matter.

Disrespect The Police.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Always proud to share a locker room with you Bromanov. Keep fighting the good fight and standing up for what you believe in

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020, 01:58 PM by Buster.)

I had put the Black Lives Matter emojis but apparently it autocorrects to three white hands on this website

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

06-12-2020, 01:58 PMBuster Wrote: I had put the Black Lives Matter emojis but apparently it autocorrects to three white hands on this website
Defund the SHL

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Keep being active and involved, standing with you

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

I'd say it's a pretty fucked up thing to tell anyone to kill themselves, no matter how fucked up their opinions are. And encouraging other people to do the same thing here. Big yikes from me, but you do you.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

06-12-2020, 02:02 PMスウェグキング Wrote: I'd say it's a pretty fucked up thing to tell anyone to kill themselves, no matter how fucked up their opinions are. And encouraging other people to do the same thing here. Big yikes from me, but you do you.

whatever makes them feel unwelcome

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

06-12-2020, 03:22 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
06-12-2020, 02:02 PMスウェグキング Wrote: I'd say it's a pretty fucked up thing to tell anyone to kill themselves, no matter how fucked up their opinions are. And encouraging other people to do the same thing here. Big yikes from me, but you do you.

whatever makes them feel unwelcome

That’s an incredibly bad view to have. Imagine someone actually goes and kills themselves. There’s not any reason to be telling someone to kill themself. Education would be better than just telling them to fuck off

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Welcome back!

Your comment did not hit home or ring any kind of bells in my end, so in a way the 7 or how many days you were out was excessive. I still hope you take this as a learning opportunity, words on a screen should not make you feel so heated/annoyed that you think suggesting someone to kill themself is a viable way to send a message. 

As you mentioned, the rules are in place and they are pretty black and white, going to the ´deep end´ makes things harder only for yourself, meanwhile, someone like me is close to choking on their carrot while browsing the forum and stumbling on a suspension thread with your name in it.

You have returned after the suspension, I´m still here - very little got accomplished.

To the end, I would like to say that I´m not a racist.

06-12-2020, 03:46 PMjRuutu Wrote: To the end, I would like to say that I´m not a racist.

hard disagree

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

While I agree that a lot of racists are just ignorant and uninformed that doesn't excuse their actions. But there are people who are intentionally racist. So I stand behind what you said fully. Racism is not welcome here and should be a permaban. You did what you did in the name of what is right and much respect for taking the punishment the site gave to you. I think it was probably hard for those that made the decision because you can't let anything go and risk a slippery slope happening. But glad to see you back and big support from me.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

06-12-2020, 03:46 PMjRuutu Wrote: To the end, I would like to say that I´m not a racist.

you literally said "so-called oppressed African Americans." denying the existence of systemic racism is in fact racist, whether you want to admit it or not

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020, 04:37 PM by CampinKiller.)

The fact that people are defending someone telling someone else to kill themselves is appalling to me. That’s not some “brave stand.” That’s being just as big of a shitbag as the person you’re saying it to

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Suicide is a serious issue but by the same token the world would be better off without racists and discriminators the suspension was unfair imo

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

06-12-2020, 04:28 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:

you literally said "so-called oppressed African Americans." denying the existence of systemic racism is in fact racist, whether you want to admit it or not

Say it again, louder for the people in the back.

The excuses feel like a Community episode..

[Image: MS0WGLf.png]

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa