Create Account

S54 SMJHL PT #4 - OT6

I picked 5 players from 5 different teams.

C - Mack Daddy - Colorado Raptors. We need to have our own player on the list so here I am.
LW - Theo Kondos @Ohtaay - Anchorage Armada. Cool dude that I don't really know but it would be fun to have a player on the same team as him. When he is active I feel like his players are always great.
RW - Simon Takshak @GeckoeyGecko - Kelowna Knights. It's amazing that someone who is 300 pounds and only 5 feet tall can play in our league and it would be really fun having him on my line.
LD - Axel Foley @Mazatt - Carolina Kraken. Great dude from my draft class and a great Alberta born boy. I think he has a big future with this new player and he picked me so he has cool points.
RD - Kolja Kekkonen @WannabeFinn - Detroit Falcons. Super active and helpful dude that has this thing down to a science now. I feel like we would win together.
G - Cale Amundsen @Wally - Newfoundland Berserkers. This dude is a great goalie and it would be fun to play with someone who joined the SHL around the same time as I did.

We would be unstoppable.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 06:04 PM by TheSparkyDee.)

Zakkira Diporov first year is almost over. He has been seeing the other players from all the teams. He recently was asked the question, if you could choose 5 players to play with from other teams who would you choose? He had some interesting reasons why he chose who has chosen. 

Mack Daddy from the Colorado Raptors, because his name is awesome! Reminds him of what the ladies call Zakkira in Detroit at the Clubs.

Slimey Snail from the Vancouver Whalers, Zakkira told us that he use to have a bet snail named Slimey, until his mother ran it over with their families tractor on his farm. 

Grapefruit Lizard from the St. Louis Scarecrows, the name is “fun”, we didn’t know what they meant so he said, “what kind of name is Grapefruit Lizard, Russian have crazy names but that’s just wacky. I love it.”

Panda Panico from the Carolina Kraken.. well all he said was Panda Express. And then whispered “I’m hungry”. 

Peter Ramsey from Kelowna Knights he reminds Zakkira of Chef Gordon Ramsey, Zakkira’s favorite chef, he loves when Gordon yells at little children. He screamed out “ITS BLODDY DELICIOUS” 

TheSparkyDee @ 3IdiotsSports on Twitter ??

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

RW- John Amsel STL
    First thing's first I haven't known John for too terribly long, but we're part of the same draft class and have become close friends off the ice.  It's certainly my hope that this isn't the only time John and I get to play together.
C- Hubert Andrews ANA
    Not only are we part of the same draft class, but off the ice we run a (semi) weekly podcast together and are great friends.  I've known Hubert for over a decade now so getting the opportunity to play alongside him professionally is a dream come true.
LW- Stan Hanson ANC
    At some point you'd want to actually produce in a game of hockey and the other forwards while great guys just haven't produced at the SMJHL level yet and that's where Stan comes in.  I've never had the pleasure of conversations with him, but from what I've heard and observed he seems like the perfect guy to come bring this group of forwards together.
LD- Yours truly Teddy Park KEL
    If this group of guys is getting together, then I am 100% getting on the ice too.  I wouldn't miss out on an opportunity to play with these guys!
RD- Jack Kanoff DET
   Jack is a guy that plays a totally different style of defense and I think we would really compliment each other well on the ice.  Where I thrive on shutting opponents down and doing the dirty work Jack has a nose for the net and will be able to support the forwards better than I am able to.
G- Nicolae Antonescu STL
    I love a goalie that is able to make the most of his opportunities and this season Nicolae has been able to do that.  He's playing less than half of STL's games, but has a stellar .932 SV% with a couple shutouts to boot.  I really believe that Nicolae will have an awesome career and I certainly don't want my guys trying to score against a brick wall.

Word Count: 334

I decided to take Ryu and throw him with a group from a group of Rookies from each of the Teams of the Eastern Conference, as he will have the opportunity to play against them much this year so there won't be any any riffs with him and the rest of the team.  

LW - Ryu Jones  Outlaws
At left wing I have to select myself, enough said.
C - Walton Stromberg  Timber
With 7 Assists so far this season, Walton knows how to distribute the puck to get goals.  He also is heavily involved on the defensive side of the ice with 26 Hits and 34 Shots Blocked.
RW - Liam Slate  Berserkers
With only 3 Rookies on Newfoundland, it made for a limited selection from them.  I went with Liam Slate as he has 6 Goals and can bring some offensive power on the opposite wing from me.
LD - Alex Foley  Kraken
Alex Foley is a great addition on both sides of the puck.  He has 7 Assists as a Defender, and has recorded 34 Hits and 22 Shots Blocked while in the defensive zone, which brings great balance to the team.
RD - Kolja Kekkonen  Falcons
Representing Detroit is Kolja Kekkonen, who has 35 Shots on Goal, so even as a Defenseman he isn't afraid to take the shots which will lead to scoring opportunities for the rest of the team.
G - Nicolae Antonescu  Scarecrows
Rounding out the team is Nicolae Antonescu in goal.  He has put up an outstanding record of 8-4 in 13 games played, putting up an amazing 0.928 Save Percentage and even getting 2 shutouts during that time.

Quote:247 Words, not including names and positions.

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

So I decided to build an entire lineup of rookies with the caveat that they had to be the player taken right after the actual Anchorage Armada draft pick. I lucked out and managed to get one centre, two wingers, two defencemen, and a goalie. I won’t worry too much about which side they all play on because it’s lame that way.

GOALIE

Knights
Peter Ramsey

Taken 19th overall Peter Ramsey has quickly established himself as a solid goalie in juniors. Boasting an 8-0 record for the Kelowna Knights, as well as only allowing 9 total goals, Peter would be a fantastic addition to Team TURG.

DEFENCE

Scarecrows
Colin Lambert

Knights
Teddy Park

Colin Lambert, (7th overall) and Teddy Park (29th overall) would make up the defensive pair for Team TURG. Teddy Park sits at 14 points as of posting with Colin Lambert sitting at 15. Both defencemen also have a positive Corsi rating which TURG says is very important.

FORWARD

Armada
TURG TURG

Knights
Stan Q. Next

Knights
Jonathan Lillehammer

Considering the Knights were lined up to pick after the Armada in each round of the draft, it’s no surprise to see so many Knights rookies on Team TURG. Of course, no Team TURG is complete without the man himself. Having the most goals of the players on Team TURG, a majority of the offence would come from him.

His linemates, Stan Q. Next, and Jonathan Lillehammer aren’t slouches offensively either. Stan sits at 3 goals and 3 assists as of posting as well as tossing around 17 hits.
Jonathan Lillehammer has 3 goals and 9 assists with 19 hits for Kelowna so far this season. Both players have a PDO above 100 but have a relative Corsi% in the negative. Still, TURG is certain that this line could be a solid force in the league.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

[Image: 67D55iX.jpg]

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2020, 02:20 PM by WannabeFinn.)

LW - Jaska Seppala Knights : Zombo is my good frend and he is a stud sniper boi. He would score lots of goals for my team and we would have a gud time together.
C - Alexander Roach Timber : Faelax is also a good frend and I think he plays a highly underrated two-way game. He would be a strong player to have down the middle for my team.
RW - Steve Harrington Berserkers : Lime is a fucking tool but he has a good player and feathery flow. I mean it btw. You're a tool. Idiot. @"NeonLime"
LD - Erben Kasius Scarecrows : My good frend Spec. He's got a player that I think would complement mine well as a pairing.
RD - Kolja Kekkonen Falcons : Well duh, I have to be on my own team.
G - Name Redacted Whalers : He's a good goalie and he has a good name even after the change. I think he would be able to help us win games.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

[Image: MtQAVVu.png]

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2020, 06:10 PM by DELIRIVM.)

So my player has been a high assist player and has found his own as a playmaker. So I thought the idea of building a high scoring team around him, using his strength with other players, would be the way to go. 

Center: Daniil Nikiforov Whalers 
Well, this is me. Definitely the weakest player on the squad. I think the Nikiforov has the passing skills to set up the other guys on this list and probably ends up with a buttload of points.
Left Wing: Jaska Seppala Knights 
Who wouldn't want to play on a line with the best goal scorer and top three point getter in the league. Seppala is also hitting machine for putting up so many points. Only one player is better at hitting in the top three and that is his teammate Rotticus Scott. 
Right Wing: Jimmy Wagner Kraken 
Rotticus Scott would have been an easy choice here but Wagner pulls the trigger more often than Scott and has put in one more goal this season. He also stands out with the highest OGR of the top players. He would get a lot of chances to shoot with Nikiforov at center.
Left Defense: Adam Friedland Kraken 
Talk about a high scorer. When compared to the forwards Adam Friedland is a force to be reckoned with in the SMJHL. His 33 points in 34 games, only 4 points back of a winger, has to make him an easy include on this list. Friedland just makes any lineup deadlier with his inclusion. He's a big time player.
Right Defense: Ben van Dijk Kraken 
The top scoring RHD in the SMJHL is another easy include on this list. 25 points, 56 hits, and a sexy +16 means that van Dijk can play in any lineup and would excel filling any and all gaps left in the lineup. Think he and Friedland would destroy other teams offensively and lock them down defensively. 
Goaltender: Cale Amundsen Berserkers 
I don't think there is another choice out there for goaltender. Far and away the best goaltender in the SMJHL this season Amundsen has put on a clinic. 23 wins and only 5 losses. Along with a .923 save percentage and a 2.07 goals against average. Who else would you want between the pipes in S54?

382 Words

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

I wanted to pick another Center from the SMJHL that I'd enjoy on my team so there's an additional player here (since I still included myself). Each player has killed it so far or has at least shown reasons as to why I'd pick them for my team. Their stats also speak for themselves and I'm interested to see where they all go with the season currently still going on.

Left to Right: 
Ryuuji Minamino (RW) | Bobby Bergen (C.) Jaska Seppala (LW)Luciano Vessort (RD) | Cody Spinka (C - Me) | Adam Friedland (LD)Cale Anundsen (G)

[Image: H6V0s6n.jpg]

[Image: lOtAKmL.png]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]

One of the key parts of hockey is having control over the puck as much as possible. With this in mind, I've built a team that focuses on as many takeaways as possible, focusing on the players with the post takeaways as per the SMJHL Index.

Center - Taylor Johansson  Outlaws
Tied for the lead in the SMJHL with 24 Takeaways, Johansson also has 26 points on the season and a GR of 72.

Left Wing - William Hartmann  Whalers
Hartmann is on a suffering Whalers team but has the honor of being the Left Wing with the most Takeaways in the SMJHL with 20. 18 points and a solid 69 GR (nice) make him a good choice for LW.

Right Wing - Steve Harrington  Berserkers
22 Takeaways for the NL Right Winger has earned him a spot on this roster, and his 71 GR and 24 points don't look too bad either.

Right Defense - Rikard Bjerg  Timber
Hey look, it's me. The Ice-Bjerg has 20 Takeaways so far this season, which is pretty respectable on this team built for just that.

Left Defense - Ambacas Cuddles  Kraken
Cuddles is tied for second in the league in Takeaways at 23. His GR isn't great, but as a Stay-at-Home defenseman, his low OGR doesn't really matter.

Goalie - Cillian Kavanagh  Knights
Kavanaugh is having a great season with Kelowna, and for a team built for takeaways, hopefully the Goalie doesn't have to face too many shots. His 69 GR (nice), while not the best in the league, is hard to pass up.

Code:
~250 Words

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

I base this list on the names that sound the most like they could be serial killers, but they aren't convicted. Yet.

LW
Sven Svenson  Raptors
This is a name of someone who wants to appear Swedish but really is not. The question is, who really is he? I would dig into his roots and see what comes up.

C
Walton Stromberg  Timber
Ok, it's me. But who names their boy Walton? Can't come from a healthy background.

RW
Liam Slate  Berserkers
This one is pretty obvious. Sounds like he could be an executioner by trade, but also on his pastime.

LD
Bradley Barkov  Raptors
If he is not a cold-blooded silent assassin, then who is?

RD
Renji Atake  Berserkers
Even though he was born (officially) in Winnipeg, he has to be a Japanese yakuza gang member. The Winnipeg background is probably something to just throw people off. Has anyone ever seen his tattoos?

G
Ryan Anthony  Whalers
Always be suspicious about people who's first and last name could be flipped and it would still make sense. Again, looks like an attempt to purposely blur his identity. What is he hiding?

[Image: sulov.gif]

My team consists of high scoring players.

Center - Rocco Berni  Knights
Berni is highest scoring center in the league. He is also a good playmaker with 21 assists this season. His game rating is 70, which is a really large number.

Left Wing - Jaska Seppala  Knights
Another Kelowna player. Seppala, just like Berni, is highest scoring player in the league with 35 points (18+17) in 34 games. Seppala is a really talented player in offense. He can score goals and also make great assists.

Right Wing - Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind  Raptors
My player probably will be the weakest part of this team but in such a great company Asclepius might be quite a good player. He has 7 goals and 6 assists in this season so not that bad for a rookie.

Left Defense - Adam Friedland  Kraken
This was an easy choice for me. Friedland is 4th best point scorer in the league. Pretty immpressive for a defender. He is also not bad at defense with rating of 64.

Right Defense - Ben van Dijk  Kraken
Another Kraken in defense. van Dijk also is one of the highest scoring defender in the league with 4 goals and 21 assist.

Goalie - Cale Amundsen  Berserkers
Amundsen might have a lot of work in this offensive team but I know he will be great. He has a great save percentage this season and incredible game rating - 71.

(232 words)

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

as many people know this league is a big one so too decide between what 5 players i would want to play with was a semi hard task but here we go:

ArmadaStaring with defense i would like to see Ulrik Bergstrom playing right defense because of his high level play on the ice. The Anchorage star is always a stud when it comes to blocking pucks and getting in passing lanes any team would be happy to have a beast like him on their side'

ArmadaStarting at Left Defense i would like to have another anchorage stud in Igor Victory playing beside his teammate because the way the two of them play together is like no other, they always know where each other are on the ice and we rarely ever see mistakes made between them. The passing lanes are always closed down and shots are always blocked

KnightsNow its time for a goalie who can make or break the team from being on or off but a guy whose always on and seems to have no off days is Peter Ramsey from Kelowana knights the young stud has taken the minors by storm and is the reason they get some of the big wins they do.

BerserkersAt center i would like to play with Guy LeGrande from the Newfoundland Berserkers who this season is currently sitting at 10 goals, and 17 assists for 27 points total. a good center is one who can lead the team but also play around his teammates scoring big goals but also setting up game winners such as he does.

KnightsFinally at Left Wing i would have Jaska Seppala as my winger because in 34 games this beast has put up 35 points having 18 goals and 17 assists. Any team would be happy to have a guy like this who has proven he cant be stopped.

Forwards:

C-Edward Williams  Falcons   @Aephino
Despite not being able to live up to the expectations of his previous season, Williams is still a good player in this league. Williams is hard hitting and will be able to finish on chances that Vitecek sets him up on.

LW- Eric Hudon  Scarecrows  @EricNCSU
At Left Wing I have Eric Hudson. Hudson has been a shot blocking machine this year for the St. Louis Scarecrows, and has put up very respectable numbers too. On this team, Hudson will have to use his shot blocking talents to be a well rounded two way player.

RW- Vitek Vitecek  Kraken  @MegaSkuci
Vitek will have to play on his off wing for this to work but he is a very intriguing player nonetheless. Vitek has shown he is a solid playmaker this season averaging almost a point per game for the Carolina Kraken.

Defencemen:

D- Johnny Shuffleboard  Whalers  @mee
Fellow draft class member, Shuffleboard was chosen at third overall and through this far into the season, he’s shown why. Shuff has put up fifteen points on a bad Vancouver team from the point and is playing nearly twenty minutes a night. His high risk high reward play style will bring up some major issues on this team though.

D- Terrence Smith  Raptors
This is me, and with Shuff running around and producing offensive chances like he does. My role will be to hold down the fort and to make sure Name Redacted isn’t left out to dry.

Goaltender:

G- Name Redacted  Whalers  @Skeleton Party
Being one of the only bright spots on a young and struggling Vancouver team, Redacted has put up respectable numbers while still playing for the bottom team in the Western conference. Redacted just needs a solid team in front of him to see him blossom into a top goaltender in this league.

[Image: IYqjgDl.png]