Create Account

S54 PT #4 - Cooking Show
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 12:36 AM by hotdog.)

In the past few months we've seen a trend, hate it or love it, of people sharing recipes in otherwise drama-filled threads on the site. Whether you're a talented chef like Gibbles or Vilde or a 23 year old who can't even cook pasta, the entertainment value of your player cooking has been determined to be quite high, and a television station has approached your player to offer them their very own cooking show!

Written option (150+ words): What is the name of your player's cooking show? What type(s) of food will they cook? Will they invite on any special guests? Describe the show - either the overall concept, or the details of a single episode.

Graphic option: Create a logo for your player's TV show. The logo must be tv-show-logo quality, must be original work, and must include the name of the show.

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.
You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, June 21st at 11:59pm ET.
Affiliate claims from either PBE or NSFL are accepted! (if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.)
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 11:57 PM by Zomp.)

Ethan Price's would one hundred percent have to be..- 'Ethan's Price Pasta Experience'. This is due to the fact that Ethan Price is absolutely terrible at anything involving pasta. He would not have an guests at all for as he does not want to bring anyone to food poisoning. As a result a result, he would keep his delicious trays of easy mac and and various other pasta dishes all to himself to enjoy. With this in mind, I believe that my player could easily be an extremely entertaining experience for anyone who's watching. Due to being the terrible cook that he is, it might be a nice change of pace for most people who are constantly watching master chefs in action. This is one of those shows that you'll have to keep an eye out for, for as you never know if the Food Network channel might pick him up to try and increase their viewer count ones of these days.

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 09:58 AM by sve7en.)

Jimmy is a surprisingly good cook for a 21 year old and has actually been used by the Carolina Kraken social media team in their new piece called "Captain's Kitchen". The show takes Wagner and a pair of guests he's brought on and gives them fan voted pared down recipes with little detail to cook much like on The Great British Baking Show. After cooking, the three dishes are judged blind by some of his Kraken teammates and the winner walks away with bragging rights. Each episode wraps up with Wagner cooking and narrating a fully detailed version of the recipe for fans to try at home as well. So far, Jimmy has bested Velveteen Dream and Adam Friedland in making hot chicken as well as Dwight Knight and rookie Connor Hutton in making chicken tikka masala. When he hosted his Anaheim friends Strom Chamberlain and Emilia Bergman he met his match though, coming in third when making peanut butter swirl brownies.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2020, 02:54 AM by hockeyiscool.)

^ ^ ^ That Jimmy guy is full of crap, and has an ego. He invites us over for some beers and has us cook food we have never prepared and calls it a competition...What even is a Tikka!?!

Glad that's out into the air.

If I were to have a Cooking show I would call it, A Knight at the Round Table. Starting out we would cover the basics, the show would be geared towards low budget meals. The first episode would start with a welsh classic in Cawl. The English equivalent is soup. Usually it's vegetable stew with either lamb or beef. 

The recipe that I would be showing is a coveted family recipe that has gotten us through a lot. 

Ingredients: 
  • tablespoon of lard or bacon fat
  • 2 large onions (thickly sliced)
  • 1 medium rutabaga (peeled and cut into 1 inch/2.5 cm cubes
  • 4 large carrots (peeled and thickly sliced)
  • 4 leeks (cleaned of all sandy grit and sliced)
  • 1 pound/450 g of beef brisket
  • 1 pound/450 g of smoked bacon
  • 1 bay leaf
  • Sprig fresh time
  • 1 pound/450 g of potatoes (peeled and quartered)
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
Steps to make it:
  1. Gather the ingredients
  2. melt the lard or fat in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over high heat, making sure not to burn the fat.
  3. Add the onions, rutabaga, carrots, and leeks to the hot fat and brown for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon.
  4. Raise the heat and add the beef to the pan and brown on all sides. Return the browned vegetables to the pan with the bacon pieces and bay leaf and thyme.
  5. Cover the meat and vegetables with cold water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 2 hours, or until the beef is tender
  6. Remove the beef from the pan and reserve.
  7. Add the potatoes and bring back to a boil and cook for another 20 minutes or until cooked.
  8. Meanwhile, once the beef is cold enough to handle, cut into 2 inch/5 cm cubes and add back to the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes more.
  9. Season well with salt and pepper and serve while blistering hot. 
    Enjoy!
This recipe is great because you can turn it into two separate meals. Having the broth just by itself as a soup, or an appetizer, followed up by the meat and veg.  or you can just eat it all together. It really helps to stretch the budget. I really encourage playing with different root vegetables to use in the recipe. Maybe throw in a celery knob or sweet potato to add some varied flavors. Definitely worth while playing around with it, as that's one of the great things about food. Even if you don't like it, it's a learning experience.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 12:20 AM by JamesT.)

Code:
Written option (150+ words): What is the name of your player's cooking show? What type(s) of food will they cook? Will they invite on any special guests? Describe the show - either the overall concept, or the details of a single episode.

For some reason I got approached by a television company to have a cooking show even though I struggle to make my own food. Perhaps the reason they want to have a cooking show about me is to see the struggles of a SHL hockey player. 
The name that would make sense for my cooking show would be "Kitchen Nightmares with James Truong". The types of food that I would like to cook on the show would be basic foods that have easy to follow recipes such as fried rice, ramen noodles and sandwiches. 
Special guests that would appear would be my fellow  Blizzard teammates such as @"TommySalami" @karlssens @Nokazoa @caltroit_red_flames @C9Van and @Emiko to try out my disastrous meals. If they don't get sick or poisoned that is a win my books! 
I expect the overall concept of my cooking to be mostly myself being lost in what to do and lots of memes of my frustration to be trending on social media. 
Code:
164 words

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2020, 11:11 PM by Nhamlet.)

The name of Minamin’s cooking show is “Minamino makes meals”, it’ll be a short instagram and youtube based series where Minamino looks to demonstrate his journey of learning how to cook and take care of himself. The big focus is around simpler starter meals, using multiple variations of the same ingredients into different recipes. Lots of basic cooking tips throughout as well, just kind of treating all the viewers as wanting a lot of hand holding as they develop the confidence to step into the kitchen despite the lack of their own experience, and try things with a revelation that they can make delicious food that doesn’t break the bank, isn’t hard to shop for, prep and cook.

There will be different cuisines as well, naturally a lot of Asian variety given Minamino’s background but being able to touch on all sorts of classic from making different types of stir-fry, making your own broth for variety of soups like Pho, Ramen, soba etc. or even delving into the different kinds of rice, spices etc. Just anything and everything will be touched on for the sack of giving a small taste for anybody introduced to get into cooking.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

The name of Name Redacted’s show would be “Classified Cooking with Name Redacted.” The show, like all of his others, would be very shitty public access quality. The main premise of the show would be that he would invite one SHL or SMJHL player on per week. He would pick a recipe and make it for the guest. Then, the guest would be given the recipe and would have to try to recreate the dish. The only issue is, some of the ingredients would be redacted. The guest would need to go through the giant pantry of herbs, spices, and vegetables and try to figure out what was in the original dish. The guest would then cook up the dish and Name Redacted would try it, then grade the guest on their accuracy. Most of the time they will mess up and it will just be a laugh. But if the guest ever gets it right it is obvious that they are a spy and need to be memory holed.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 10:34 PM by Zombiewolf.)

My name for my cooking show is "Sharing recipes in a thread that has nothing to do with food is stupid" more to come soon!

Yes my cooking show will be basically who can come up with the worst tasting foods but are presented to look elegantly. I want to see the most garbage tasting foods on my cooking show but look like it should belong in a fine dining restaurant. Food that would make Gordon Ramsey praise it on its appearance but that immediately throw it up. I will for sure have special guests and invite any SHL or SMJHL player onto my show. Right now I am considering bringing Steve Harrington on my show because I think he will do very well. I might have to come up with a different name though because "Sharing recipes in a thread that has nothing to do with food is stupid" seems kind of long and does not really roll off the tongue very well

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Come on down to Knox's Booth! Here you will find the food truck of all food truck's that offers tasty and hearty food that all can enjoy. Knox's specialty will be a mix of, "on the go," sandwiches like gourmet grilled cheese's with any kind of topping you can think of. Also, on the side we will offer amazing dishes such as mac and cheese (ala efiug style) as well as a variety of toppings to go on either your sandwich or your side dish... hell you can even get your side dishes loaded on your sandwiches. The show will be reality based with cameras both in the kitchen and out front catching the responses of customers who enjoy their tasty meals. We will also feature a weekly guest from each team, who we will create their very own sandwich for in the style of their team or hometown. My mouth is watering just at the thought of this food truck and I'mma head to the kitchen right now to get me something good.

179 words

[Image: p82ugau.png]

06-15-2020, 12:18 AMZombiewolf Wrote: Fucking hell

My name for my cooking show is "Sharing recipes in a thread that has nothing to do with food is stupid" more to come soon!
Ingredients
  • 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
  • ¾ pound lean ground beef
  • ½ cup minced onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
  • 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
  • 2 (6.5 ounce) cans canned tomato sauce
  • ½ cup water
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil leaves
  • ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided, or to taste
  • ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 12 lasagna noodles
  • 16 ounces ricotta cheese
  • 1 egg
  • ¾ pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
  • Step 1
    In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
  • Step 2
    Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
  • Step 3
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  • Step 4
    To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
  • Step 5
    Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 01:22 AM by 5ympathies.)

My cooking show would be called the early bird special. (is it because I'm doing this weeks PT early because I slept thru the deadline of last weeks' because I have covid/because I left the writing of it too late in the week?) No, it's because I never procrastinate with anything I ever do, writing PT's being one of those things, and apparently cooking shows being the other. My show is basically just a rip off of Serge Ibaka's show where I invite fellow New England player to help me cook some dishes and try new foods. The only thing is that instead of disgusting shit, we make food that I actually want to eat because this show is actually just a mukbang but with enjoyable food. If people don't want to watch it because theres no drama, that's fine with me, I don't really care, I still end up getting to eat pretty decent food.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 02:29 PM by _Blitz_.)

Danny Marston has been invited to host a show called "Syrup Sweet". 

The idea is that each episode has Danny making a different kind of syrup and a dish to go with it. The first episode, he boils down and sweetens an apple-cinnamon cider and makes pancakes. The second episode is strawberry vodka syrup, with real strawberries, and waffles.
The catch is that Danny is not a very good cook. "Kitchen Disaster" wouldn't be an unfair assessment.

There's lots of mis-measuring, over-boiling, poorly cracked eggs, dropped eggs, over-mixed batter, and pained looks at the camera. The most commonly uttered phrase in filming aside from "Oh no," is "Cut to Rudy?". The camera cuts to the living room, where Danny's dog is living his best life while Danny figures out how to fix the problem.

There's always at least one guest at the end. With most of the 'Crows living within two blocks of the Enterprise Center, it's not uncommon to see members of the team drop in. As the season goes on, visiting team friends like @Geekusoid, @notoriousTRON, @Mutedfaith, @RedCapeDiver, @mdubz, @jeffie43, @honkerrs, and @Dextaria also stop by to say hello and talk about the games, stories from the locker room (nothing too personal), and how they got started in hockey. And eat whatever syrup-soaked concoction Danny's been working on.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Somehow I have been given a cooking show, even though I really only know how to make toast and grilled cheese. I can also make orange chicken from Trader Joe's (which is absolutely gas). The show's name will be Scott's tots, because anything with "rot" in it probably wouldn't do well as a cooking show. I guess I'll teach myself how to cook on the show, and maybe like make special tater tots? I don't know, this is a tough one. I've seen some tater tots with like sour cream, that melty nacho cheese thats also really good. Could whip some of that up and call it a show. I could have guest stars from my teams on, mostly the Canadian guys because listening to them talk is funny. I feel like I could put together a decent show, some other names could be Cooking with the Knoots or something.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Gabe Johnson is known to be terrible at all things. Generally his ability to just flat out suck is only attributed to hockey situations such as playing defense or winning medals with Canada, but it's less publicized that he really just has zero natural talents. Having caught wind of this, a television network approached Johnson to see how he could cope with being taken on the ice and put into the kitchen. The answer, obviously, was terribly. Of course, the purpose of the show is not for Johnson to show off unexpectedly astute cooking ability, because anyone in the know would already assume he is terrible at it. The show was specifically designed for Johnson to be given very meticulous and tedious dishes to make just because he would obviously botch it completely and scramble around helplessly during the process. Various other SHL players that are close to Johnson are invited as guests to spectate and heckle him as he embarrasses himself just like on the ice. That was the birth of "Cooking Gone Wild" featuring Gabe Johnson. (178 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Back in Anchorage Darnell hosted a public access cooking show called Cooking with Chef Darnell, where he famously (infamously?) prepped several draft-day recipes with and for some of the Anchorage boys. Most of his cooking would probably be in that vein, nothing too fancy, accessible cooking that your average guy or gal could knock out with just the instructions provided on the show and ingredients available at the average supermarket. Most of the episodes would probably guest star a teammate from either NOLA or Anchorage cooking their favorite dish with Darnell. Two options I can think of, where the teammate makes the dish first and Darnell improves on it, or where they make an improved version of the dish together from the start. Each have slightly different feels, with the former seeming more like a competition, which would probably make for better TV and higher ratings, but would take away from the educational and instructional part of the show.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]