Create Account

S55 Expansion Rules

06-16-2020, 07:52 PMluketd Wrote:
06-16-2020, 07:40 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote: also for @sve7en

We have decided we are not going to make the protection lists public, but Current J Gm's are free discus their own protection lists if they wish.

boo
You are free to speculate or even ask the GM's. Use some journalism and get the scoop. We just don't want to make it mandatory to reveal the lists if GM's don't want to similar to how we don't public post trade blocks.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

06-16-2020, 08:02 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
06-16-2020, 07:52 PMluketd Wrote: boo
You are free to speculate or even ask the GM's. Use some journalism and get the scoop. We just don't want to make it mandatory to reveal the lists if GM's don't want to similar to how we don't public post trade blocks.

making my work harder eh? though the difference between and expansion list and trade blocks are 2 completely seperate ideals. I would also like the call up threads made public too :eyes:

In my eyes it would help the league in the search for good media

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

06-16-2020, 08:05 PMluketd Wrote:
06-16-2020, 08:02 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: You are free to speculate or even ask the GM's. Use some journalism and get the scoop. We just don't want to make it mandatory to reveal the lists if GM's don't want to similar to how we don't public post trade blocks.

making my work harder eh? though the difference between and expansion list and trade blocks are 2 completely seperate ideals. I would also like the call up threads made public too :eyes:

true sports investigative journalism on the site? my god

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

06-16-2020, 07:31 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
06-16-2020, 07:27 PMroastpuff Wrote: I feel like this puts an undue burden on the expansion teams, and will limit their competitiveness in the first few seasons.

5 players - which, let's be honest, aren't going to be necessarily the best players from the current teams as those will be protected - plus 10 brand new 155 rookies, and then IFA players which they're going to have to bid against established teams to gain their services. This is a hard road to climb for the expansion GMs and seems to be an unnecessarily imposed handicap.
Speaking as one of the first draft picks and former GM of Anaheim. We built a championship team in 3 seasons based on our drafting. The SMJHL has a fast turnaround for being able to be competitive, outside of sim luck. All it takes are 2 really good drafts to build up a great team. The expansion draft is meant to give them a small start to an active LR but it not meant to make them a championship team out of the gate.
This was possible because of STHS, FHM makes the challenge a bit harder. But the turnaround for players is like 3 seasons as well so I don't see it being a big issue if teams only get 5 picks. I do see how the GMs can be upset though.

[Image: 336.jpg]

HO had a solid dialogue with all the GMs of the existing teams so I’m pretty happy with how this turned out.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

06-16-2020, 08:08 PMByrdeMan Wrote:
06-16-2020, 07:31 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: Speaking as one of the first draft picks and former GM of Anaheim. We built a championship team in 3 seasons based on our drafting. The SMJHL has a fast turnaround for being able to be competitive, outside of sim luck. All it takes are 2 really good drafts to build up a great team. The expansion draft is meant to give them a small start to an active LR but it not meant to make them a championship team out of the gate.
This was possible because of STHS, FHM makes the challenge a bit harder. But the turnaround for players is like 3 seasons as well so I don't see it being a big issue if teams only get 5 picks. I do see how the GMs can be upset though.
It wasn't possible just because of STHS. We had fantastic drafts and an extremely active team(12+ Capped players) going into the post-season. This is pretty much the exact position Detroit was in last season where they had 2 seasons of solid drafting that lead them to being an amazing team and winning the first FHM 4-Star.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

06-16-2020, 08:05 PMluketd Wrote:
06-16-2020, 08:02 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: You are free to speculate or even ask the GM's. Use some journalism and get the scoop. We just don't want to make it mandatory to reveal the lists if GM's don't want to similar to how we don't public post trade blocks.

I never thought about the call up thread being public. I can bring it up with HO of how to do this practically without making it harder on the GMs

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

06-16-2020, 07:40 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote:
06-16-2020, 07:26 PMluketd Wrote: we need to write SJHN articles :eyes: please
also for @sve7en

We have decided we are not going to make the protection lists public, but Current J Gm's are free discus their own protection lists if they wish.
Now we can just make more articles speculating on protection lists Wink

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Go Nevada.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

06-16-2020, 08:30 PMBadWolf Wrote:
06-16-2020, 08:05 PMluketd Wrote: making my work harder eh? though the difference between and expansion list and trade blocks are 2 completely seperate ideals. I would also like the call up threads made public too :eyes:

I never thought about the call up thread being public. I can bring it up with HO of how to do this practically without making it harder on the GMs

So nobody brought this up before???????????
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=104074

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

06-16-2020, 11:06 PMNhamlet Wrote:
06-16-2020, 08:30 PMBadWolf Wrote: I never thought about the call up thread being public. I can bring it up with HO of how to do this practically without making it harder on the GMs

So nobody brought this up before???????????
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=104074
My apologies for missing this, I don’t tend to see things if I’m not tagged. I’ll try to make a better effort to browse that forum more regularly.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]