Create Account

Pay SHL Coaches

Since tactics in FHM are much more complicated than in STHS, many teams now have coaches that either help out with the tactics or set the tactics by themselves. These people are the backbone of many teams' success in the sim and they deserve to be paid. I propose that we either:

1. Make "coach" an officially recognized role and give them a standardized salary, or
2. Give each team a management budget to pay coaches/scouts, in case a team has more than one coach

Thoughts?

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

yes pay them shl monies

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2020, 11:16 PM by frithjofr.)

Sorry, I missed a whole day.

Basically I just wanted to add my two cents and say that coaches, in FHM, can make or break a team. The sim engine isn't nearly so random as it once was, and the builds of individual players as well as the tactics run on the line and team level matter quite a bit more. That expertise should be rewarded.

Speaking for NOLA, as the coach I spent most of the offseason reaching out to my teammates individually to discuss their experience from the previous season and their expectations going forward. I had a plan in place of how I wanted to build the team, but I was dedicated not to force anyone into any particular build. I was very fortunate to have players on the team willing to work with me towards my end goal, but more than happy to fit anyone and everyone in. I spent a lot of time working with folks to get the build they wanted and make it right, while still trying to field a balanced team. And so far, so good. But it was truly a lot of work.

By now, everybody knows who I am and what I did last season, and Muerto down below touched on it knowingly or otherwise.

06-19-2020, 03:56 PMMuerto Wrote: When coaches are the ones who face the penalties for cheating, then they can get paid

I think that's more than fair, and terms I'd happy accept and *would have* accepted going into the position, even knowing what I know now.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

More money in the SHL economy is good

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

When coaches are the ones who face the penalties for cheating, then they can get paid

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 03:59 PM by goldenglutes.)

06-19-2020, 03:56 PMMuerto Wrote: When coaches are the ones who face the penalties for cheating, then they can get paid

Part of the problem is that currently coaches aren't official, so if this goes through then it makes sense that they can be punished. This should add more accountability to the position.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Also, what about GMs that do the coaching, double pay? (I'll take it)

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

i just want more cash so ill vote for this

06-19-2020, 03:59 PMTommySalami Wrote:

And if they have no coGM, they get triple pay! I agree!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

06-19-2020, 03:59 PMTommySalami Wrote:

Tommy sees opportunity, he strikes

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

06-19-2020, 04:01 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
06-19-2020, 03:59 PMTommySalami Wrote: Also, what about GMs that do the coaching, double pay? (I'll take it)

Tommy sees opportunity, he strikes

Nah, I would just hire canary coaches so if I make a mistake I don't get in trouble.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

I wholeheartedly agree with the second option, some of my management in Anaheim do amazing work for us and I'd love to have some sort of staff budget to pay them with

That being said any paid staff should be held accountable to the rules meaning potential fines for cheating, missed responsibilities, etc

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

06-19-2020, 04:12 PMBDonini Wrote: I wholeheartedly agree with the second option, some of my management in Anaheim do amazing work for us and I'd love to have some sort of staff budget to pay them with

That being said any paid staff should be held accountable to the rules meaning potential fines for cheating, missed responsibilities, etc

agree, it could be seen as an addition to your salary or osmething like that.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

06-19-2020, 04:06 PMTommySalami Wrote:
06-19-2020, 04:01 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Tommy sees opportunity, he strikes

Nah, I would just hire canary coaches so if I make a mistake I don't get in trouble.

Plausible deniability. I like it

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

As a coach pls give me money

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]