Create Account

Pay SHL Coaches
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2020, 10:40 AM by PremierBromanov.)

06-20-2020, 08:13 AMSegi Wrote: I can see the cap circumvention argument against paying scouts and other behind the scenes helpers, even though it would be nice to have.
But for coaches, I think this would be very doable. Teams get to assign coaches who are the ones submitting the lines. A GM can of course do the job himself if he wants to. Whoever does that job receives like $1 to 2 M per season. If a team submits illegal lines, it will be the coach who is made responsible for it. We could still hold GMs accountable in some way for their coaches of course.
shifting responsibilities around doesn't sound like a bad idea. And thats not sarcasm

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

RAISE THE CAP

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

HO pls respond

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

06-20-2020, 09:48 AMMook Wrote: Do teams still pay scouts for logging on every 28 days or less?

I doubt it, I never heard of that back when I was a GM

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

06-21-2020, 12:28 AMFlappyGiraffe Wrote:
06-20-2020, 09:48 AMMook Wrote: Do teams still pay scouts for logging on every 28 days or less?

I doubt it, I never heard of that back when I was a GM

It was usually an added bonus in their contract, '2M Management' or something along those lines. No matter, coaches could easily be used as a 'fluff' role and abused so there needs to be some sort of accountability for it which would be pretty hard to do

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

06-20-2020, 02:28 PMcpetrella Wrote: RAISE THE CAP

This is a smart statement and should be listened to

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

not reading the whole thread, so forgive me. Where do you draw the line for coaches responsibilities (if they were to be made official) hypothetically, a coach on team A may have different responsibilities then on team B. There would either have to be a set definition for the league as a whole in regards to the responsibilities of a coach, otherwise it would have to be clarified on a case by case basis per team which sounds sloppy. I'm essentially implying that if it's believed a coach were the one who were to make a mistake, but it was the GM who actually made the mistake (OR vice versa) that's a problem.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

We pay way to many people as is. I wouldn’t give coaches a dime. It’s an unofficial position.

You want money, write media

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

*too

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

07-06-2020, 06:44 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: We pay way to many people as is. I wouldn’t give coaches a dime. It’s an unofficial position.

You want money, write media

This basically, that or ask for a higher salary from your GM.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]