Create Account

HIRED: SHL Budget Director and Updating Head
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 02:35 PM by nour.)

Hey SHL Homies,

Big thank you first of all to @Serpe x 13 and @Blastmeaway for their time, effort and hard work as the SHL Budget Director and the Head of Updating respectively. Both of these guys have done a lot to bring some fresh ideas, streamlined processes, and quality of life changes to these jobs that have been really helpful to their efficiency. They’ve been great members of the site and great leaders, and we wish them the best in their future on the site following their tenure in these positions.

Now, onto the hiring and a little explanation of what these jobs entail and their requirements!

SHL Budget Director: The SHL Budget Director is responsible for the maintaining and tracking of all SHL Team Budgets, ensuring that they remain cap compliant, ensuring the contracts they offer are legal per the rulebook, and being Head Office’s first point of contact for issues regarding the SHL Salary Cap. You MUST be somewhat proficient in using Google Sheets and available on a semi-frequent basis to keep the sheet up to date. Pay is $5,000,000 per season.

Shl

Updating Head: The Updating Head is responsible for overseeing the player updating team and updating Google Sheet, ensuring that all of the updates are done efficiently, quickly and accurately, and is Head Office’s first point of contact for issues regarding player updating. You MUST be extremely proficient in Google Sheets as the Updating Sheet is rather in depth and complex, so we need someone who can step in to pick up where blastmeaway left off without a hitch. This is a job that will be seeing some overhauling with Head Office so expect the application process to be thorough. Pay is negotiable.

Shl

If you have an interest in one or both of these jobs PM either me or @SDCore here or on Discord, and include the following:

Code:
When did you join the SHL:

What is your activity level from 1-10:

Past job experience on the site:

What are the biggest problems facing the SHL Budget/Updating and how would you fix them:

What are some new ideas you feel you can try to bring to the job:

Any other notes you want us to know:

Apps will close on June 30th, 2020

Thanks so much everyone, and on behalf of the SHL Head Office,
nour

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

what if blast and serpe just swapped jobs

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

06-19-2020, 04:26 PMNhamlet Wrote: what if blast and serpe just swapped jobs

RIP updating

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

06-19-2020, 04:26 PMNhamlet Wrote: what if blast and serpe just swapped jobs
Don't you put that evil on me, Ryuuji Minamino.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Applied.

Cheers

06-19-2020, 05:18 PMGCool Wrote: Applied.

Cheers

:zoomeyes:

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

post updated with deadline (i forget it hehe)

Cheers

Lol. Yeah, come be updater head again so you can yell at people, then not do anything, then go MIA and force someone else who didn't want the job in the first place to do it for several seasons because you destroyed the department. Hopefully your next successor does half as well as Blast did.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

06-20-2020, 12:06 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

Cheers

Lol. Yeah, come be updater head again so you can yell at people, then not do anything, then go MIA and force someone else who didn't want the job in the first place to do it for several seasons because you destroyed the department. Hopefully your next successor does half as well as Blast did.

Really just a harmless joke -- some friends I know IRL found this game coincidentally, so they told me to post.

I don't need to explain to you just how off-base that is. My tenure as head was short, it was sort of given to me as a favor and I did what I could. I definitely did stuff, and Blast was good!

06-20-2020, 08:46 AMGCool Wrote:
06-20-2020, 12:06 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Lol. Yeah, come be updater head again so you can yell at people, then not do anything, then go MIA and force someone else who didn't want the job in the first place to do it for several seasons because you destroyed the department. Hopefully your next successor does half as well as Blast did.

Really just a harmless joke -- some friends I know IRL found this game coincidentally, so they told me to post.

I don't need to explain to you just how off-base that is. My tenure as head was short, it was sort of given to me as a favor and I did what I could. I definitely did stuff, and Blast was good!

Miss u bb

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

06-20-2020, 09:35 AMMook Wrote:
06-20-2020, 08:46 AMGCool Wrote: Really just a harmless joke -- some friends I know IRL found this game coincidentally, so they told me to post.

Miss u bb

Hey buddy, long time. Good to see both sides of the line I'm on checking in after one post in jest. Heh. Hope you and yours are well -- can you believe SmallBall is finally dead?!

06-20-2020, 10:53 AMGCool Wrote:
06-20-2020, 09:35 AMMook Wrote: Miss u bb

Hey buddy, long time. Good to see both sides of the line I'm on checking in after one post in jest. Heh. Hope you and yours are well -- can you believe SmallBall is finally dead?!

Everything is great! Just had our 2nd kid on Thursday so it's a busy time right now having to balance a 5 year old and a newborn but it's awesome. 5 weeks until I move too so I'm pretty swamped the for the next while

I heard from GB that commish finally called it, was a sad day lol also we are pretty sure Smith either got sent to jail or passed away, haven't talked to him in years and and GB and I talked to him almost daily, so of you are aware of anything lemme know, miss that motherfucker

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

06-21-2020, 08:33 PMMook Wrote:
06-20-2020, 10:53 AMGCool Wrote: Hey buddy, long time. Good to see both sides of the line I'm on checking in after one post in jest. Heh. Hope you and yours are well -- can you believe SmallBall is finally dead?!

Everything is great! Just had our 2nd kid on Thursday so it's a busy time right now having to balance a 5 year old and a newborn but it's awesome. 5 weeks until I move too so I'm pretty swamped the for the next while

I heard from GB that commish finally called it, was a sad day lol also we are pretty sure Smith either got sent to jail or passed away, haven't talked to him in years and and GB and I talked to him almost daily, so of you are aware of anything lemme know, miss that motherfucker

Aw man, that's great to hear. Congratulations.

But yeah, I had assumed the worst for Smith for years. After that strange disappearance when we were all still using the SB.org chatroom ... sort of the beginning of the end. I still catch JWizz on Facebook from time to time, and me and Wilson/Winston/Zaitsev/whatever his name is here now still talk, but that's about it for me.

Baggans is still a piece of shit lmao

bump

06-23-2020, 03:57 PMnour Wrote: bump

I'm sorry were you looking for Baby Bump's instead?
https://www.google.com/search?q=baby+bum...e&ie=UTF-8

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]