Create Account

PGS Replacement

[Image: SMJHLLogo4.png]

FHM has left something to be desired for the Post Game Shows. SMJHL HO acknowledged the issue and came up with the solution. The PGS team is fully on bored for the change!

We polled the S54 and S55 players about how they felt and took their replies to heart! An overwhelming 89.3% said they wanted to see significant change. Of those, 76% said to abolish it completely. After a lot of conversation with the S55 rookies, we came to a proposition. PGS will be turned into (name TBD):

The concept is as follows:
A season-long opportunity to do a deep-dive on a game or team of your choice from before the trade deadline. It could be an analysis of team tactics, players, team management, a game or series of games, etc. It would be 5 TPE for 500 words. Rookies can do a max of 2 articles. They would have from game 1 for the preseason until the SMJHL Trade Deadline to write and post their articles in the PGS area. (To be renamed and reorganized)

Huge thank you to @AgentSmith630 for the bases of the idea. And to the S55 discord for helping work out the issues.

This change takes effect for S55. Don’t worry the rest of the TPE was absorbed into the new PT schedule!

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

PGS ARE GONE

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13259518]

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Let’s go!!!!

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nice

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

in before the "back in my day" posts about PGS

ooh i like this idea a lot

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

My heart... it's broken. :(

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

06-20-2020, 06:06 PMBadWolf Wrote: The PGS team is fully on bored for the change!

And S55 was fully bored with PGS.

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/wiqZK8C.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/6QlU4ci.png[/img]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

F

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Deep Dive is an early front runner for the new name! If anyone has any other suggestions lmk

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

So, while the PGS system definitely needed some TLC, I think the replacement misses one key part of what was so good about the PGS system. It started getting rookies in the league looking outwards at other players in teams across the J. While it wasn't a lot, it does get people to start having some knowledge of the site and J. A number of us have been talking in Carolina's LR, and think that making the replacement retain some focus outside of their own team is worth considering.

Personally, I think that it is worth considering that the work should expand beyond just the user's team, so focus on a game is still possible but focusing just on the 20 players they're familiar with isn't as doable.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I would definitely want to see the players looking outward at the other teams and players and getting to know them. At the time I joined, this wasn't emphasized. It made me really, really lost when it came to things like actual TPE collection (3on3s, Primetimes, etc.) where I had no knowledge of how good or bad a team was. I had to randomly guess or plagiarize another answer.

I don't want our younger guys to suffer from this.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

Perhaps offer more TPE for a Deep Dive of another team aside from your own?

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

These are all good ideas, I’ll chat with the PGS team about the possibilities of making it about other teams/ maybe rework the TPE like blitz suggested

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2020, 08:11 PM by Gwdjohnson.)

06-20-2020, 07:19 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: Perhaps offer more TPE for a Deep Dive of another team aside from your own?

I don't like the idea of rookies being forced to write about other teams if they want to earn more TPE. Making the task more open to other/multiple teams rather than focusing on one sounds nice, but a lot of people are way more comfortable just writing about their own team for these kinds of tasks and I don't think they should be penalized for that.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]