Create Account

PGS Replacement

PGS big succ but I’ll take my 15 teps and go

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

06-20-2020, 08:11 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
06-20-2020, 07:19 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: Perhaps offer more TPE for a Deep Dive of another team aside from your own?

I don't like the idea of rookies being forced to write about other teams if they want to earn more TPE. Making the task more open to other/multiple teams rather than focusing on one sounds nice, but a lot of people are way more comfortable just writing about their own team for these kinds of tasks and I don't think they should be penalized for that.
That's fair. It was an idea for an incentive. It definitely has its flaws.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

06-20-2020, 08:23 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote:
06-20-2020, 08:11 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I don't like the idea of rookies being forced to write about other teams if they want to earn more TPE. Making the task more open to other/multiple teams rather than focusing on one sounds nice, but a lot of people are way more comfortable just writing about their own team for these kinds of tasks and I don't think they should be penalized for that.
That's fair. It was an idea for an incentive. It definitely has its flaws.
I do get the overall sentiment though for sure, I think the option to deep dive into something involving a few or all teams would be nicer than it specifically being focus on a single game or team.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

06-20-2020, 08:36 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
06-20-2020, 08:23 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: That's fair. It was an idea for an incentive. It definitely has its flaws.
I do get the overall sentiment though for sure, I think the option to deep dive into something involving a few or all teams would be nicer than it specifically being focus on a single game or team.
Perhaps a variety of options, including some apples to apples comparisons? For example "Who is your team's greatest competition in your division?" or "Which teams are the most similar in the West and East?" could be suggested themes, if you go that route.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

06-20-2020, 06:08 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: PGS ARE GONE

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13259518]

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

i didn't even know PGS were a thing when i was a rookie

06-21-2020, 08:24 AMefiug Wrote: i didn't even know PGS were a thing when i was a rookie
Efiug

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

back in my day we wrote PGS uphill both ways

and we liked it

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Seeing how there are already people/rookies who dont buy seasonal personal training because they dont have the time/interest in writing media, I feel like this would eat into the diversity of people posting actual media even more.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

06-20-2020, 07:04 PMsve7en Wrote: So, while the PGS system definitely needed some TLC, I think the replacement misses one key part of what was so good about the PGS system. It started getting rookies in the league looking outwards at other players in teams across the J. While it wasn't a lot, it does get people to start having some knowledge of the site and J. A number of us have been talking in Carolina's LR, and think that making the replacement retain some focus outside of their own team is worth considering.

Personally, I think that it is worth considering that the work should expand beyond just the user's team, so focus on a game is still possible but focusing just on the 20 players they're familiar with isn't as doable.

can confirm, writing a bio about Mike Izzy forced me to learn some history about the [red team i cant remember which one] and his long tenure as a player. It was really eye opening.

However, this new plan seems to be exactly that, so im not sure what the issue is

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

06-21-2020, 11:34 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
06-20-2020, 07:04 PMsve7en Wrote: So, while the PGS system definitely needed some TLC, I think the replacement misses one key part of what was so good about the PGS system. It started getting rookies in the league looking outwards at other players in teams across the J. While it wasn't a lot, it does get people to start having some knowledge of the site and J. A number of us have been talking in Carolina's LR, and think that making the replacement retain some focus outside of their own team is worth considering.

Personally, I think that it is worth considering that the work should expand beyond just the user's team, so focus on a game is still possible but focusing just on the 20 players they're familiar with isn't as doable.

can confirm, writing a bio about Mike Izzy forced me to learn some history about the [red team i cant remember which one] and his long tenure as a player. It was really eye opening.

However, this new plan seems to be exactly that, so im not sure what the issue is

The way it was presented leaves open the chance to write exclusively about the team you're on, which I think is a notable flaw considering the current PGS makes you look at other teams and players.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

06-21-2020, 11:38 AMsve7en Wrote:
06-21-2020, 11:34 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: can confirm, writing a bio about Mike Izzy forced me to learn some history about the [red team i cant remember which one] and his long tenure as a player. It was really eye opening.

The way it was presented leaves open the chance to write exclusively about the team you're on, which I think is a notable flaw considering the current PGS makes you look at other teams and players.

yeah i suppose that's true. It is difficult to understand the league if you only know about your team

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

06-21-2020, 09:36 AMGrapehead Wrote: back in my day we wrote PGS uphill both ways

and we liked it
We didn't have any text based forums either, it was all into stone tablets.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

06-21-2020, 11:06 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Seeing how there are already people/rookies who dont buy seasonal personal training because they dont have the time/interest in writing media, I feel like this would eat into the diversity of people posting actual media even more.
They way I looked at it was this is in the media section, just worth TPE instead of money. Hopefully people with want to read the articles now and they are more diverse and a higher quality. I don’t think it’ll make matters worse in that regard.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]