Create Account

S54 SMJHL PT #5 - Highlight Reel

1. First SMJHL Goal- Everyone remembers their first right? Mine came in a big win over Vancouver early in the season. The handwriting on the tape wrapped around the outside of the puck may not be legible but it will still look pretty amazing sitting on the mantle back home.
2. I rode the high from that first goal for a while, as I didn’t score again until much later when I opened up the scoring in a tilt against Colorado. No tape on this puck but when you score two goals in a season you are able to remember them both vividly.
3. Making the playoffs as a rookie is a huge milestone. Less of a personal milestone as there is a locker room full of teammates putting in the work too but being competitive in the league was always the goal from day one.
4. I ended up with 37 shot blocks so I like to imagine there was at least one I really had to lay out for and would qualify as highlight reel material.

It has been an amazing year first and foremost being drafted in the 6th round 51st overall to the Maine Timbers! It has been a new and exciting experience to join the SMJHL. This is the first step in my career aspersions. The team has been welcoming and created a new family like atmosphere for me which has helped me grow as a hockey player and individual.
I will never will never forget my first assist in the SMJHL. I was rushing up the ice and faked out one defender before making a pass to Alexander Roach who was able to walk in and go bar down! He collected the puck after his celly to give to me for my first career point! 
One of the most memorable moments from this year is when I was able to lay out Dwight Knight when he tried to make a move coming down on me 1 on 1. He thought had gotten around me but I was able to throw out the old hip check and made him to ass over tea kettle and land flat on his back. The whole arena went crazy and the boys on the bench went absolutely crazy over it! Definitely one of my favorite moments from this season.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran,