Create Account

S54 SMJHL PT #5 - Highlight Reel
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2020, 07:40 PM by DonutDefender.)

Fights

Alex Marshall’s highlights have to include his fights. With three fights on the season, they are all going to be included, but the most memorable one is the fight that he won, which would be shown in its entirety.

Booming Hits

Despite being on the 4th line, with limited minutes all season, Marshall still finished the season with 72 hits, good for 4th on the team. Had he played the full 50 games; he surely would have passed Bjerg to make the top-3. Some of his most notable hits, where he catches someone with their head down in the neutral zone, will be included in the highlight package.

First Goal

While it may have been an underwhelming season for Marshall, he still managed to score 4 goals, and get 12 points. Of those 4 goals, his first SMJHL goal was the most notable. This goal will be shown in it’s entirety, as it serves as a great moment for the young Marshall.

(163 Words)

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

#1. The first highlight of the season would have to be during the corona pandemic when during the lockout the st louis scarecrows decided they would play the cookie game within the team, the way the boys stroked their chickens was like no other with some of the boys blasting a load right onto the cookie and it came down to the end between Colin Lambert and Brandt Underton it came down to the last few second when Brant was finally able to bust onto the cookie which made it Colin Lamberts time to enjoy the cookie. With one great big bite and extra warm frosting he ate it and swallowed it just fine without gagging it was questionable but hey its 2020 and this is hockey eh.

#2. The second favorite highlight would have to be when i young logo scored my first goal because i am an elite winger in the league and can score on all these clowns.

#3. It would be when i wrote all those fire songs and slapped them in the threads and my random freestyles i be sending to the boys on the team

It has been a memorable first season in the SMJHL and North America in general for Lassi Suhonen, with his Newfoundland Berserkers tying for most points in the league after a successful season. It has also been a season full of highlights, both on and off the ice.

The first major highlight for Lassi would be signing his contract with Newfoundland after going undrafted. The Finn thought he would have to play out the season in Europe before getting the call, and he was ecstatic that his team of choice came after his signature.

Another big highlight for Lassi would be his first career goal, which came during a game away in Denver to the Colorado Raptors. Lassi opened the scoring at 7:33 of the first period, with assists from Mattias Birdstrom and Niccolo Livius. The Berserkers would go on to win the game 4-2, and Lassi treasures the puck he scored with to this day.

Finally, the third major highlight for Suhonen came in a home game on the Rock against the Carolina Kraken. Suhonen scored and added an assist in that game, good enough for first star honours - the first time he had ever managed that feat.

Code:
Words: 200

Coming into his first SMJHL game after being drafted, Big Terry thought that he knew what was coming after his time last year as a DFA. This proved to be wrong however as early into his first game against the Vancouver Whalers, Smith returned to the defensive end to retrieve a puck. Without checking his shoulder, the last thing Big Terry saw was the plexiglass as a Whalers player swooped in and left Smith flat on his back. When talking about the incident now Terry says “It’s something I’ll never forget, it was a welcome to the league type of moment for me.”

In previous years, Terry has been an offensive prowess. However, after shifting into a more defensive role with the Colorado Raptors, Smith was left with only four assists through the first thirty games of the season. This changed early in a match against the Newfoundland Berserkers. Off the cycle, Aumy Jr. collected the puck off a failed clearing attempt by the Berserkers. Then, Aumy passed it to his defensive partner, Big Terry who unloaded a shot on the screened Admundson. It beat him and clanked off the post for the first goal of Big Terry’s career.

In a normal game against the Maine Timber late in the season, Big Terry seemed to have an edge as he showed explosive skating and excellent puckhandling throughout the game. This included a play where Smith rushed up the ice burning multiple Timber players and fed a teammate backdoor for an easy tap in goal.

[Image: IYqjgDl.png]

The biggest highlight of the season for Rikard was before the season really even began. Being drafted #2 OVR to the Timber will forever be one of the highlights of his career. Having spent time with them as a DFA in the previous season, he already had a connection to the HO, but he was surprised that he was taken so early in a class full of other potential stars. 

Bjerg's first goal as a Timber came in the preseason versus the Carolina Kraken. Somehow he found himself with the puck behind the defense on a breakaway and managed to convert it. As a stay-at-home defenseman, Bjerg isn't going to get many opportunities to score (which is fine by him, that's what the Forwards are for), so being able to score in this manner will definitely stick out in his highlight reels of the future.

Will Windsor is usually looked at as the Timber's go-to man to block shots on the ice before they get to goalie Leo Bloomfield, but Bjerg has had a few games where he's shone in that particular spotlight instead. Two games stand out for him, each with 5 blocked shots. His most memorable one was against the Kraken in which it could be argued that in the 2-1 win for the Timber, those blocked shots came at some pivotal moments to help secure the game.

Code:
239 words

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Balzams had quite a few good memories and highlights over the season, so here are a few of his favourites.

Coming to Saint Louis from Latvia was a huge step for Balzams, and quite a memorable one. Growing up in a very small town in Latvia, he big city was a sight to see. Now after a full season in the town, he feels much more comfortable with his new lifestyle that has come with his new home.

Balzams first goal came as a surprise to not only himself, but to just about everyone in attendance. Balzams ripped a shot from the point while on a breakaway. The catch was that the crows were on the PK at the time. Everyone was stunned, including Balzams himself. He planned to crash into the boards as a celebration for his first goal, but instead ended up mauling his teammates out of happiness instead.

While this was more of a team moment than an individual one, the Crows clinching a play-off stop elated Leonids. Not only would he be playing in the post season as a rookie, but many of his rookie teammates would as well. Along with many old stalwarts of the squad, its hard for him not to smile at the season that has past so far.

216 words

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

The three big highlights Kharlamov had this year are simple, being drafted, first goal and first win. Starting with number 3. First Win, it was four games into the season and Kharlamov was getting used to the league. He took a quick penalty and felt bad and tired to clean up hos game in the effort to help his team get their first win. He remembers watching his team comeback from 2-0 down to win in the shootout. Number 2 is being drafted, this could have been number 1 if the ranking was higher but even going #69th it was a huge happy moment. To finally get his chance at playing in the SMJHL was something he’ll never forget. The biggest moment for Kharlamov is his first goal. It was the first game of the year, it was against the big rival in Detroit. Kharlamov was buzzing that game putting up 3 hits, but he made a huge impact as in the early part of the second period, Grapefruit Lizard saw him open just above the circle and passed to Kharlamov who then took a stride and launched the puck right past A Jobin to tie the game.

[Image: OqBxEVw.jpg]

Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows  Cody Spinka's first goal as a St. Louis Scarecrow!  Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows

[Image: lOtAKmL.png]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]

Warm Welcome to the Raptors Family
Asclepius was a bit nervous before meeting his new team in Colorado because his English skills weren't that good but he was really warmly welcomed in this team. Asclepius really loves spending time with his team.

First Star of the Game
Who doesn't like to be announced as a first star of the game? In the shootout win against Detroit Falcons, Asclepius was named as a first star of the game for the first time in his career. Asclepius scored a goal, a game-winning shootout goal and an assist.

First Hat-Trick
First hat-trick is special for every hockey player. Not every hockey player can achieve this in the whole career but Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind did it in his rookie season. In this game Asclepius helped Colorado Raptors win over Kelowna Knights in the shootout. On top of that, Asclepius also scored a shootout goal which unfortunately doesn't count as a goal in statsheets. He was also named as a first star of the game.

(170 words)

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

[Image: xZg40Ov.png]

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Man Jason Desrouelaux had an unbelievealble highlight reel during the Season 54 Simulation Major Junior hockey league. Where do I even begin to tell the story of the really good ice hockey player jason desrouelaux. Highlight one was his first career goal. Man what a goal it was. Against the detriot falcons, Big jason recieved a wicked pass from his good teammate Devin Basher. He got the puck and fucked it past the goalie with a mega slam slap shot. Unreal goal, and it was his first. Amazing stuff. His second highlight was when the vancouver whalers finally won a game. It took them a while because they are a really bad team, but when it finally happened we all celebrated like yay. His 3rd best highlight was when he made this super dope pass over to his team Devin basher. he did a little wam woom spinner into a flick of the wrist pass and it settled right on big bashers stick. crazy man seriously. basher didnt score

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Jesse Seppanen's highlight for the season would be meeting his new teammates and getting to know more people within the hockey world. Coming in, Seppanen only really know players in Finland - he know of other players, but didn't know them personally. Now, with playing in the SMJHL, Seppanen has met a lot more players. Even though his English is a little broken, he still managed to make a few new friends.

The on ice stuff is cool too, like scoring his first goal, and winning his first fight, but the thing that Seppanen really looked forward to was meeting new people. Seppanen wants to be a solid locker room guy, and a solid on ice guy. With that being said, having a tight knit bond with his teammates builds trust, in the locker room and on the ice.

Maybe the real 4 Star Cup we win is the friends along the way.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Joorgustraad has had quite the first year in the juniors, and it helps that it was quite eventful.

First, his first point. It was during a play conversion, watching teammate Chet Hiller. After finding the correct time, he passes to Hiller, who then passes to Tambo before he hits the goal. It was a moment to be proud of for him, and it helped a lot for his cause to show he was a top prospect.

Next, his first goal in the juniors. He performed a routine poke check but managed to get the puck himself. He immediately began to push forward, and before he knew it, he was in a one on one with the goaltender. He performs the dangle and gets it in the hole between the stick and goalie. The crowd goes wild, and gets his welcome to the SMJHL. It was also the lone goal for the game, winning against the Kelowna Knights 1-0.

Lastly, during their final game in Newfoundland for the season, they had hosted a Lethbridge Lions Alumni Night, and his cousin Joln, who had recently announced his retirement, was at the game. During the ceremony, the captains of each team were asked to shake hands, but Anaheim Captain Rhys Prichard actually motioned for Joln to come out to be the outlaws representative instead, shaking his hand and sharing a hearwarming moment with his cousin. The moment proceeded to be upvoted over 10,000 times on r/SHL.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

My season started off with a bang when I was drafted 4th overall to the Detroit Falcons. I think I deserved to be a top 3 pick, but I could not be more pleased with being able to go back to Detroit.

Meeting all of the guys in the room and getting to know them over the course of the season was special. We have a great locker room culture and it really shows. I think I will always be friends with the guys that I have played with here in Detroit.

Lastly, it was a huge moment for myself and for the rest of the Falcons when we clinched a playoff spot. We had a tough season on the ice, but once we clinched that playoff spot we could put all of that behind us. The only thing that matters now is how we play in the postseason, and I certainly believe we have the roster to go deep.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

The first highlight of the season for me would have to be the draft. I was 100% not expecting Kelowna to pick me up in the draft, but boy am I happy that they did. They all welcomed me with open arms and I was ready to get started.

Training camp with the team was the next highlight. I got to know my teammates, GMs, and coaches on the team and how they all were as people and as players. As a projected backup goalie, I was the one that took the slapshot practice and received countless bruises then, and even throughout the season.

The last highlight of the season was the end of the regular season. 10 wins. 11 starts.1.35 Goals against average. .942 Save percentage. This was my stat line in my inaugural season with the Kelowna Knights. Completely unbelievable numbers, and I have nobody to thank but the team in front of me, and cannot wait until these playoffs.

Knights

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -