Create Account

S54 PT #5 - Parent's Day
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2020, 12:04 AM by hotdog.)

In the USA and Canada, at least, last Sunday was Father's Day - a day "honoring fatherhood and paternal bonds, as well as the influence of fathers in society" (funny description from wikipedia). Since there was no PT around the time of Mother's Day last month, we'll group these two together for a celebration of parents of all sorts, henceforth referred to as Parent!

Written task (150+ words): Is your player a parent? If so, what'd they get for Parent's day? Did the kids do anything special? If your player has parents, what'd they give their parents for Parent's day?

Graphic task: During the intermission of one of the games, someone has rented a spot on the arena's Jumbotron to send a special Parent's day message to their SHL star Parent, who's playing in the game. Show us the Jumbotron screen with the special in-game message to that SHL star.  

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.
You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, June 28th at 11:59pm ET.
Affiliate claims from either PBE or NSFL are accepted! (if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.)
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

First

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2020, 03:46 PM by sve7en.)

Code:
190 words

Family holidays during the season are rough for the small Wagner clan, with Jimmy leading the Kraken on the east coast, Sara taking classes and running the indoor events for USC on the west coast, and their dad across the Atlantic back home in Perg. Parent's day is especially so, given the loss of the kids' mom, Theresa, right before Sara's first birthday.

Jimmy initially wanted to bring their dad over to America once he was established in the States, but the elder Wagner was more reluctant to leave Austria than his two speedster children. This year for Parent's day, Jimmy paid the expenses for their dad to come over and see Los Angeles in person for the first time. The three of them went to the beaches, toured the Trojan campus and athletic facilities, and visited the Los Angeles Memorial Collisieum where Peter got to see where his wife raced her last races before her injury and retirement. It was a somber time for the three, but they all enjoyed getting to feel closer to Theresa even if she was at rest thousands of miles away.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

In my opinion, Aaron Wilson, father of WannabeFinn is the best dad on the SHL.

[Image: 3.png]

[Image: Jepox.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2020, 12:19 AM by Faelax.)

My father used to play back in high school, which is fairly common in Minnesota. Although he never went pro like I am, he still is a good skater and not a bad shot. However, I would avoid asking him for help playing defense. What I have heard from talking a couple of his beer league teammates is that he tends to, slack off a lot in that department. But I did learn a lot from him when it comes to shooting technique, and he was the one who got me into ice skating and hockey in general. So I suppose I owe my love for the game to him. I helped pay it back a little bit by getting him a brand new pair of skates for fathers day. After getting him a new stick last year, soon enough he will have a whole new set of gear from me.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

I am not a parent, but I do have a parent currently playing baseball! My dad was playing for the Miami Marlins on father's day, so the whole Rotti clan flew down from their respective team locations to watch their dad play. Rotti Jr, Rotti III, and Rotti IV all sat behind the dugout and surprised their dad when he ran out to take the field Sunday afternoon. I gave my dad the puck from my game winning goal against the British Isles in the S53 WJC, along with my jersey and stick. They're one of my prized possessions, as that was a big moment in my career, and my stock really rose during the WJC when Canada won gold. We all went out to dinner at a steakhouse to give our dad gifts for father's day, and it was nice to see my family members who all somehow play different sports and have the same dad and name!

[Image: rotti.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2020, 10:17 AM by Lime.)

Steve Harrington is mother to like 6 kids. The greatest gift they can give him is cheering him on at his home games. He teaches them all how to skate and hopes that one or more of them will someday become an SHL player. But what he actually received was an ice cream scoop, a baseball bat, and a new pair of sunglasses. Why people keep giving him baseball bats when he plays hockey nobody will ever know. The sunglasses are nice though, because he broke a pair on the ice a couple weeks ago. The one thing Steve does not want for parent's day is another wacky life-threatening adventure. He can't risk injury and having to sit out games when the Berserkers are trying to win a Four Star Cup. But those kids are always up to something, and we will have to see if there is another season of their crazy antics.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

My parents have always been the biggest influence on me. They taught me everything I know. They were the ones who first introduced me to the ice. They deserve all the credit for how far I have gotten as a player. They were unable to be with me at the draft stage when I was officially drafted to the SHL. It was a once in a lifetime moment and they missed it because of outlying circumstances. That day, as I collected the jersey and hat, I made sure to sign them. I would get many more down the line but these are special. I took them back to my temporary home in Vancouver and packaged them up. My parents had always collected little bits of memorabilia from when I was younger. Now on Parent's day, they received the package containing my draft day jersey and hat, both signed. They sent me a picture of it shadowboxed on the wall right next to all the others over the years. Sometimes the best gifts are the simplest.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

No, my player is not a parent (even though on some days, like when it comes to cooking dinner, he feels like an overall TOR 'team'-parent sometimes, being pretty much the oldest player on the team), but does have his parents at home.

For Mother's Day Harry usually sticks to the good old 'flowers, bottle of wine and/or chocolate' gift. You can never go wrong with that and so far he hasn't heard any complaints about it. Obviously whenever he is around during that time of the year, he takes his mother out for breakfast too. Father's Day is different in different countries. In Finland and in some other Nordic countries it's celebrated in November, so Harry doesn't really celebrate it while he's in North America like the others do. Since the Finnish Father's Day usually in the middle of hockey season and he's rarely home, he sends his dad some nice coffee or craft beer gift set. Every now and then he's also gifted him one of his old goalie masks, for example the last one he wore playing for the Lethbridge Lions (now a collector's item for sure). Harry hopes to be able to get him a special gift one year: the jersey he wore while winning the Challenge Cup.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

I have no children so how am I supposed to do this pt

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2020, 03:33 AM by hockeyiscool.)

[Image: oYkoeyA.png]

Strom isn't a parent, but perhaps one day he could be.  For Parent's Day, Strom flew home to St. Louis and took the two out for a night on the town.  Since Missouri is open again (mostly) from quarantine, they were able to start off with a nice dinner down on the landing at the Spaghetti Factory (his dad's favorite), and followed it up with a visit to the Cheesecake Factory (his mom's favorite).  He's always wondered about their fascination with restaurants that had "factory" in the title.

After that, Strom and his father hit Forest park for a round of golf, and well...the lack of experience in the sport definitely was showing its true colors.  Regardless, the day was warm and relaxing and it had been since the off-season since Strom had last visited so it was well overdue.  Knowing a knack for trinkets, the last thing Strom gave his father before heading back west, was a custom engraved pocket watch (manual wind of course because he's old fashioned)...emblazoned with the Outlaws' S52 championship and an inscription that states "This would never have happened, had it it not been for you supporting me all of those years.".

06-22-2020, 12:41 AMZombiewolf Wrote: I have no children so how am I supposed to do this pt

Do you have parents

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2020, 02:35 AM by Evoner.)

Parents' day is such an amazing day to thank the people that raised you and become someone that could support them. So as my career grows as a hockey player so does my pay check and thankfully being on such an amazing team as the Vancouver Whalers, they all have good morals and understands the importance of family. That's why the team feels so much like a family so they understand that sometimes you need some R&r and unwind with the people that supported you since birth. So i got my parents a nice dinner in a great restaurant and introduced them to my family on the ice. My parents tend to get worried about accidents and what ifs but showing them the supportive group of people around me eases their worries about me. You can never take away a parents feeling of being worried about their kid no matter their age or occupation. But after showing them my team, they were happy and supported me in my endeavors.