Create Account

Harry Potter and the Falcon's Curse Part I: Introduction
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2020, 11:20 AM by Mediocre_Fred.)

Harry Potter and the Falcon's Curse
Part One
Introduction
The Simulation Major Junior Hockey League's Detroit Falcons have had a very troubled history through their many seasons as part of the league. I'm sure there are some great resources you can use to learn about that greater history, but this will not be one of them. The purpose of this series is to take a deep dive into the passed few seasons to see why and how the Detroit Falcons went from being a mediocre-team-at-best, to being an unstoppable powerhouse of talent, and then to being the laughing stock of the simulation hockey world, all in the span of three seasons.
But first, a short introduction of myself for those that have never heard me: Hi, I'm Mediocre_Fred. My current player is Left-Winger Extraordinaire Frederick Wanesly of the Season 53 draft class. I joined up with the Simulation Hockey League in January or February of this year, back before everything went crazy in the world. I was drafted to the Detroit Falcons as the first pick of the second round of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League draft. Not too shabby if, I say so myself. I've made some pretty okay media in my time here and I believe my activity on the site was a large factor into why I was picked first in the second round of the Simulation Hockey League draft by Tampa Bay. Am I the first player in SHL history to be drafted as first pick in the second round for both the SMJHL and the SHL? I don't know, but I like to imagine I am. I've continued to grow my player these past few months and seasons and look forward to a nice, long, and prosperous career as I finish out my time with the Falcons and move up to the big boy league with the Barracudas. I've made a lot of great friends in my time here and I hope to make even more as I continue to actively participate in the SHL. But most importantly, I am not a writer by any means, so if you get bored reading this series, that is okay and I will not be offended, but if you have any tips, let me know!
So what's this all about then? First of all, let me make one thing clear: this is not meant to be a criticism of anyone on the management of the Detroit Falcons. Tig and his staff are some of the coolest and hard working people I know and I appreciate everything they do. This is meant to be a mostly light hearted look, but it may be heavy at times (I don't know yet, I haven't written much at this point). No, this is not a criticism, but an exploration of the strange events surrounding the Falcons during the past three seasons of the  SMJHL.
What do Harry Potter, an All-Star goalie, sourdough bread, PokeBot, Herman, and Alex Trebek have to do with the rise and fall of the Detroit Falcons? Let's find out.
The next part will be coming in a couple of days probably...
[524 words, ready for grading]

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

Sneak preview: I f***ing hate Alex Trebek and he hates me.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

Hermann!!

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

06-22-2020, 11:20 AMMediocre_Fred Wrote: Sneak preview: I f***ing hate Alex Trebek and he hates me.

The entire discord community feels this way

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Fuck Trebek all my homies hate Trebek

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2020, 12:44 PM by PremierBromanov.)

Cudas dont go scree they go BORK

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Hehehehe this is gonna be epic

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]