Create Account

Diary of a disrespected recreate, Day 5

Day #5 now since creation & Slava Petrov, like many of his brothers, remains unsigned. That's fun, right? Now, I knew coming in that it was pretty unlikely to have teams beating down my door to sign me for basically a week long trial, much less a contender like I would've ideally preferred, but never in a million years did I expect radio silence. The few interactions I've had so far with GMs have only come after expressing my displeasure with not hearing from anyone in mutual Discord servers & none of them have followed up about a potential signing. For the teams that have no space to roster a DFA, I understand your predicament & bear no ill will toward you. For the teams that are still signing players, what's the deal here? Maybe you don't have a spot for a speedy winger & that's totally fine, but I'm getting quite frustrated with being left in the dark.

The most puzzling & mildly infuriating part of this though, and the biggest reason I'm writing this (aside from the money), is what I saw this morning. One of my brothers was finally signed (what took you so long?) by Kelowna alongside another winger. Really, of all teams the Knights are the one who apparently had the space to add another winger, but chose someone other than myself? Absolutely nothing against Al Gringo, I love him dearly, but Kelowna was the first team to take a chance on me nearly 4 years ago. Kelowna was where I made a name for myself with my first player.

During my 3 seasons in Kelowna (S31-33), the team won back to back Four Star Cups in S31-S32 & reached a third final in S33, only to lose in a Game 7. That's all great, but what contributions did I actually make to that team? Let's take a look at the tape, shall we? In Season 31, I was named the team's top rookie on the league's top team, recording about half a point per game. Ahead of Season 32, I was named alternate captain by the GMs, normally an honor they would've held a public vote for, so obviously I was doing something right in the locker room. Got off to a slow start on the ice that season, but peaked at the right time & was named Knights Playoff MVP on yet another championship squad. Fast forward to my final season as a Knight as I'm handed the waffle iron from former captain Alex Light & named captain myself. Incredibly honored, I continued to represent the green & gold the only way I knew how & helped the newer guys find their way in the league. Albeit, maybe a little more egotistically that I would've liked in all honesty because of how well my player was performing. From the player side of things, I won the team's playoff MVP for the 2nd consecutive season & was named a finalist league MVP. On the user side, I was given awards for best leadership & most embodying knighthood.

I know this article is probably coming across a bit more aggressive than I typically am, so it may not show my best side, but given my track record in sim leagues in general, this league specifically & especially the Knights, don't you think I should've been shown a bit more respect here? After everything I did for the team my first time around, including being inducted into their Hall of Fame, they sign a first gen winger over me? Needless to say, I miss the good ol' days when Jenny & EJ were in charge. Thanks for reading.

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

k

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

is there some kind of rule I missed that says now that Kelowna signed those two people they aren't allowed to sign anyone else ever again like was today the last day or something?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

06-22-2020, 12:43 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: is there some kind of rule I missed that says now that Kelowna signed those two people they aren't allowed to sign anyone else ever again like was today the last day or something?
Teams can sign unrostered DFAs, but they can only do so once all teams have said they won’t roster more DFAs.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

06-22-2020, 12:51 PMthecanadiancanuck Wrote:
06-22-2020, 12:43 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: is there some kind of rule I missed that says now that Kelowna signed those two people they aren't allowed to sign anyone else ever again like was today the last day or something?
Teams can sign unrostered DFAs, but they can only do so once all teams have said they won’t roster more DFAs.
oh so this is a bold strategy to remain unrostered say no more Tongue

Hi @ckroyal92, we mean no disrespect to any of the DFAs but this is the rule we are operating under: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=107412

We have a full roster and are waiting for the last teams to finish up signing players to their active roster. We haven't done a lot of outreach yet because we don't have space, so we want to give the teams that do have space/ice time a chance before we start trying to seduce available DFAs.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

[Image: 200.gif]

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

06-22-2020, 12:56 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:
06-22-2020, 12:51 PMthecanadiancanuck Wrote: Teams can sign unrostered DFAs, but they can only do so once all teams have said they won’t roster more DFAs.
oh so this is a bold strategy to remain unrostered say no more Tongue

We just rostered him solely because of this article.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

[Image: tenor.gif]

06-22-2020, 10:34 PMJNH Wrote:
06-22-2020, 12:56 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: oh so this is a bold strategy to remain unrostered say no more Tongue

We just rostered him solely because of this article.
I mean, I have a baby, I know the tantrum does occasionally get you what you want, it’s just never my first strategy

Poor guy

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

06-23-2020, 08:32 AMsköldpaddor Wrote:
06-22-2020, 10:34 PMJNH Wrote: We just rostered him solely because of this article.
I mean, I have a baby, I know the tantrum does occasionally get you what you want, it’s just never my first strategy

But at the end of the day you still love em. <3

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]