Create Account

jRuutu Punishment

06-23-2020, 03:25 PMSlashACM Wrote:
06-23-2020, 12:20 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Twink: A "twink" is usually considered a homosexual male with attractive, boyish qualities

The post in question: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2821801

Made by someone who, as I recall, has previously been suspended for homophobic comments. But when he's a teammate that doesn't matter

STFU bootlicker

lol, grow up

Thank God I don't share a locker room w you

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

06-23-2020, 03:35 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
06-23-2020, 03:25 PMSlashACM Wrote: STFU bootlicker

lol, grow up

ok

06-23-2020, 03:35 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
06-23-2020, 03:25 PMSlashACM Wrote: STFU bootlicker

lol, grow up

Don't speak too soon

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

06-23-2020, 03:40 PMSlashACM Wrote:
06-23-2020, 03:35 PMCampinKiller Wrote: lol, grow up

Don't speak too soon

K

PatriotesUsaWhalers

06-23-2020, 02:11 PMBDonini Wrote:
06-23-2020, 01:57 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Well i mean, we can agree to disagree, i know there are several other people who also think that it's fucked up to say "stfu twink" because it is a term for a young-looking gay man, and telling someone to shut up and adress them as such makes it look like it's an attack, even if it's said in a playful way like it was now(which nobody who doesn't know that they are friends would). I've definitely heard people use twink as an insult on multiple occasions and had to look the word up when i was younger, so i guess maybe i'm just being influenced by real life events.

And i didn't imply that you were ranking, i was saying that i kind of did and i don't like doing it. And i wouldn't say its "easy to see", as i wrote earlier i know several people mentioning it being a bad look. But you do you.

[Image: 463ebs.jpg]

hey bud, just because one or two gay friends on this website are okay with using twink that way doesn't mean we should condone using it that way. There's more than 2 people in this community and a hell of a lot more than that in the places we are recruiting. We have to consider how this language can be construed.

We can draw the line before or after twink and that's fine, but this argument in and of itself is infuriatingly illogical. It's the epitome of "boys club" behavior. I'm part of plenty of communities that are okay with using slurs we've outlawed here for the same exact reasons you've said twink is just fine. The result is that insensitive language is encouraged and thrives, to the point where people feel unwelcome.

As for me, if one thinks HR would have a talk with one for something one says in the SHL, then I'd consider it off limits.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

06-23-2020, 03:58 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
06-23-2020, 02:11 PMBDonini Wrote: [Image: 463ebs.jpg]

hey bud, just because one or two gay friends on this website are okay with using twink that way doesn't mean we should condone using it that way. There's more than 2 people in this community and a hell of a lot more than that in the places we are recruiting. We have to consider how this language can be construed.

We can draw the line before or after twink and that's fine, but this argument in and of itself is infuriatingly illogical. It's the epitome of "boys club" behavior. I'm part of plenty of communities that are okay with using slurs we've outlawed here for the same exact reasons you've said twink is just fine. The result is that insensitive language is encouraged and thrives, to the point where people feel unwelcome.

As for me, if one thinks HR would have a talk with one for something one says in the SHL, then I'd consider it off limits.

First of all, don't "hey bud" me.

Second of all, pal, I've already explained how the word is not a slur. The word literally comes from gay subculture and has no history of being regularly used in an oppressive or derogatory way and that's why to the majority of the gay community, including myself, it's not considered to be an offensive word. An individual person might choose to find it offensive and if that's the case they could pull Slash aside to explain to him why it bothers them and ask him not to keep using it but the league shouldn't take action against him for using a word that the affected community largely deems to be inoffensive.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

06-23-2020, 04:17 PMBDonini Wrote:
06-23-2020, 03:58 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: hey bud, just because one or two gay friends on this website are okay with using twink that way doesn't mean we should condone using it that way. There's more than 2 people in this community and a hell of a lot more than that in the places we are recruiting. We have to consider how this language can be construed.

First of all, don't "hey bud" me.

Second of all, pal, I've already explained how the word is not a slur. The word literally comes from gay subculture and has no history of being regularly used in an oppressive or derogatory way and that's why to the majority of the gay community, including myself, it's not considered to be an offensive word. An individual person might choose to find it offensive and if that's the case they could pull Slash aside to explain to him why it bothers them and ask him not to keep using it but the league shouldn't take action against him for using a word that the affected community largely deems to be inoffensive.

bud I'm telling you you're wrong.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

BUD

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

06-23-2020, 04:33 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
06-23-2020, 04:17 PMBDonini Wrote: First of all, don't "hey bud" me.

bud I'm telling you you're wrong.

ok twink

Hey Donini, how's it goin

PatriotesUsaWhalers

06-23-2020, 04:50 PMCampinKiller Wrote:

Hey Donini, how's it goin

not bad CK, how about you?

06-23-2020, 04:57 PMBDonini Wrote:
06-23-2020, 04:50 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Hey Donini, how's it goin

not bad CK, how about you?

Pretty good unless this cold is actually the corona, then less good. But overall alright

PatriotesUsaWhalers