Create Account

S54 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 02:21 PM by Gwdjohnson.)

Outlaws ANAHEIM OUTLAWS Outlaws
VS
Kraken CAROLINA KRAKEN Kraken

The S54 SMJHL finals are upon us, and we will see the Anaheim Outlaws face off against the Carolina Kraken for the Four-Star Cup. As is tradition, these finals will come with a bunch of TPE available for you guys, in the form of Championship Week!

Here's how this will work: there are several tasks, each of which is worth varying amounts of TPE for putting in a little effort, for a maximum of 12 possible TPE total. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like.

ONLY S54 SMJHL ROOKIES (S55 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline and are going into the S55 SMJHL Draft, that's not you.

You may claim affiliation from an NSFL or PBE PT for 2 of your 12 TPE total

Code:
Task #1 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 150+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
Task #3 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the Outlaws and Kraken, and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less?
Requirements: 150+ words.

Code:
Task #6 - 2 TPE
Who would win in a fight between an actual real group of Outlaws (I guess bandit-types based on their logo) and the fabled Kraken? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.
Requirements: 100+ words.

Code:
Task #7 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

Code:
Task #8 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50 words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B. Strom Chamberlain has been lights out during these playoffs for Anaheim, but Carolina has had no problems lighting up goalies standing in their way these playoffs. Will hot goaltending or hot offense win out these finals?
C. You're in another timeline where Kelowna and Newfoundland are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped even get our finalists into the playoffs here. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

Code:
Task #9 - Latecomer Special - 2 TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to [TEAM] on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Briefly make the case why this player deserves it over any other. Otherwise, make a graphic showing your pick for series MVP.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Includes a player render and 3 stats highlighting their performance in the finals.

Code:
Task #10 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE DOES round up, contrary to what the post first said following feedback lol.

Post that you did the trivia, plus your verification word from the form, in your reply in this thread
LINK TO TRIVIA FORM

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: 7 full days after the Four-Star Cup finals are over, so July 18th at 11:59 PM Eastern

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2020, 01:24 PM by SFresh3.)

Quote:Task #1 - 2 TPE

Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
[Image: 3TWtdLi.jpg]

Quote:Task #4 - 2 TPE

Make a dream team of players from the Outlaws and Kraken, and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
So for this, I'm aiming to create a full 20 man roster with an even mix from both the Anaheim and Carolina team rosters based on their Regular Season statistics.  

For the group of Forwards, I went with the 6 highest Point scorering Forwards from each team.  From Anaheim that would give us Rikard Hammarberg, Taylor Johnasson, Ethan Price, Ziggy Tambo, C.T. Carragher, and Ryu Jones, and from Carolina are Jimmy Wagner, Vitek Vitacek, Keith Lee, Dwight Knight, Bobby Bergen, and Linus Grimstad.  

Then for Defenders I wanted the ones that would lay down the most hurt, so I picked the top 3 Defenders based on Total Hits.  From Anaheim are Emilia Bergman, Ulrik Bergstrom, and Harry Walker, and Carolina brings Ambacas Cuddles, Adam Friedland, and Ben van Dijk.

Finally for Goalies, I went with the best Save% from both teams, which gives me Strom Chamberlain from Anaheim, and Frans Eller from Carolina.

I then put them into line pairings based on each group's statistic I pulled them by, and tried to mix up lines so it wasn't all of one team.  The results are as follows:

LW                              C                                      RW
Vitek Vitacek     Rikard Hammarberg             Jimmy Wagner
Dwight Knight           Keith Lee                         Ethan Price
Ziggy Tambo        Taylor Johansson                C.T. Carragher
Ryu Jones                Bobby Bergen                 Linus Grimstad

LD                                  RD
          Ambacas Cuddles             Emilia Bergman
           Adam Friedland               Ulrik Bergstrom
             Harry Walker                   Ben van Dijk

G
                                  Frans Eller
                            Strom Chamberlain
(234 words)

Quote:Task #7 - 3 TPE

It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
Once the 4 Star Cup Finals are over, Ryu will take a week off to head back to Seattle to stay with his family before getting back on the ice for some international competition.  After those seven days, Ryu will be heading to Tokyo, Japan to start training with the World Team for the World Junior Championships and the Japan National Team for the International Ice Hockey Federation.  It will take a couple weeks to gel with all of the new players, as there aren't any Anaheim players on either the World Team or the Japan National Team.  While not on the ice training with the exceptional talent and the great coaching staff, Ryu has been on a couple Zoom calls with different SHL General Managers going through the interview process for the upcoming SHL Draft.  On the weekends off, Ryu travels by Bullet Train to his old hometown of Kobe where he meets up with his mother's family to catch back up with them since it's been about 8 years since he's been back to Japan.

(177 words)

Quote:Task #8 - 1-4 TPE
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped even get our finalists into the playoffs here. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?
A.  At first I would have said Velveteen Dream, but I recently found out he had to go and get his name changed to a very basic name in Keith Lee.  So instead, I will have to go with Dwight Knight.  I'm a big fan of the rhyming convention he went with in his name. 
(54 words)

D. You only need to listen to all of the MVP conversations around the league to find out each team's key performer in the regular season that helped push them over the top and get them to where they are today.  For Carolina, it is Co-Points Leading Jimmy Wagner, with his 24 Goals and 29 Assists definitely got the Kraken many Wins in the regular season.  For Anaheim, it would be Rikard Hammarberg, with his 14 Goals and 30 Assists while playing on the 3rd line, but it was his insertion into the Power Play Line 1 mid-season that reinvigorated that group and helped the Outlaws in that department.
(108 words)

Quote:Task #10 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE does NOT round up.

Post that you did the trivia, plus your verification word from the form, in your reply in this thread
Trivia

2+2+3+1+1+3 = 12

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2020, 08:19 PM by Fluw.)

Task #5 - 3 TPE
How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less?

If the match ups had been different this is how I see this first round looking. My alternative history first series would have been Colorado vs Anchorage and since I play for the Raptors I already know this would be a favourable match up for my team as I personally feel we have had their number most of the season but I could be wrong. Second series would then be Carolina vs Anaheim because why not make the finalists this year face each other, that could be some interesting competition. The third series would then Kelowna and Newfoundland although I still expect Newfoundland to win this easily. And finally it the next series would be St. Louis vs Detroit and I have this feeling inside that we would see St. Louis moving on. The second round would look something like this, Colorado vs Carolina, Newfoundland vs Detroit. I personally feel that this would be the most evenly matched sets of games. (161 words)

Task #6 - 2 TPE
Who would win in a fight between an actual real group of Outlaws (I guess bandit-types based on their logo) and the fabled Kraken? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.
Requirements: 100+ words

Oh this is an easy one, first of all we would have to set the battle field for the battle. Considering the outlaws are land based and would tend to take a western style theme, we would require a desert next to a coastline. The outlaws are riding down the dirt road along the coast when a kraken bursts out of the ocean and attacks them. So what happens? I personally think the Kraken absolutely destroys them, but I can tell you if the Outlaws manage to drag the Kraken onto land somehow the fight could easily transfer into the favour of the outlaws. But that second scenario is not likely, expect the kraken to win. (116 words)

Task #8 - 1-4 TPE
B. Strom Chamberlain has been lights out during these playoffs for Anaheim, but Carolina has had no problems lighting up goalies standing in their way these playoffs. Will hot goaltending or hot offense win out these finals?
C. You're in another timeline where Kelowna and Newfoundland are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?

A. Of course I have to give it to my boy MCP, Joorgustraad DuBolk. That name is just one that stands out to me out of the rest of them, yeah I know we were teamates once upon a time but something about the DuBolk name just does it for me and I always just picture playing on the same team as him again hearing Kristjansson passes it to DuBolk. Just lovely. (71 words)

B. I personally believe it will be a mix of the two, and honestly while Strom may be playing lights out for Anaheim my money is on Frans Eller to take Carolina on to win the cup. I mean the Kraken just beat Newfoundland and they were my favourite to win it all so I am confident the Kraken both offensively and goaltender wise will overtake the outlaws. (69 words)

C. First off that would make my predictions completely correct! I honestly feel that in the Newfoundland series with the Kraken it turned into a goaltender battle and Cale couldnt keep up with Frans Eller which ended that series. In this alternative universe Cale is completely lights out and out performs Eller. In the second series I have absolutely no idea. Way too much went wrong for Kelwona as they got dismantled in 5 games and only managed to squeak out one win, so I feel that it was a team effort and I can't single out any player. (101 words)

D. They key to success for the Kraken has been there hot goalie Frans Eller. With him in net they are likely to win the cup, that is my honest opinion and I was hoping that he would lose the last round. If Eller keeps up his play I think the cup belongs to the Kraken. As for the Outlaws I don't really fee like I can single out a player as I stated in my previous section I feel that it would not be fair to the team. I honestly did not expect the outlaws to make it out of the first round and that team is just showing up on every part of the ice. Offense is firing on all cylinders, defense is clamping down hard and the goalie is hot. (132 words)

Task #10 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE does NOT round up.

Apples

TOTAL CW TPE: 12

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2020, 11:20 PM by AgentSmith630.)

Task #6 - 2 TPE
This fight has already been portrayed on the big screen in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. While it can be argued that the Outlaws are not exactly pirates, they fit the bill pretty closely, and I think they would fare just as poorly against the Kraken of legend as the pirates and other ships did in the movie. There’s no Davey Jones to control when the beast attacks or backs off in this world, so even if the Outlaws have some sort of Jack Sparrow type hero to help, they still get ripped to shreds and devoured. Victory for the Kraken in this fictitious battle! (107 Words)

Task #7 - 3 TPE
The Maine Timber locker room was a somber place at the beginning of the playoffs, but due to the efforts of many players, especially Captain Kalishnikov, almost everyone is hard at work preparing for next season, when every team is making the playoffs and Maine will have their chance to shine in the spotlight. As a Season 55 SHL draftee, Bjerg is doing his best in interviews and working out with prospective teams in the hope of following in the footsteps of teammate Mikkel Asmus Sondergard and being selected #1 Overall. While this takes a decent amount of time out of his schedule, Bjerg is also looking forward to again playing for Sweden in the WJC alongside fellow Swede and teammate Alexander Oscarsson. The team is looking excellent this year and the word around that locker room is that there is gold shining in the eyes of the HO for both the IIHF and the WJC teams. (157 Words)

Task #8 - 4 TPE
Juan Hunna-Pussent, who is a Left Wing for the Outlaws. It’s rare that we don’t know where a player is from in order to track their lineage, but it’s clear that “Parts Unknown” has what it takes to produce championship-caliber hockey players. His name tells how much he gives every single game, and it's obvious that Anaheim has benefitted from him being on their team. (65 Words)

Carolina has the best of both worlds coming into the finals, with a red hot goalie in Frans Eller and an offense that just put up more than 35 shots on the top team in the league at home in game 7. If Carolina can continue with their heat on both ends of the ice, it won’t really matter how well Chamberlain plays. (63 Words)

Newfoundland: They make the finals because Jimmy Wagner doesn’t spend 8 hours a night going over film and devising tactics to beat the hottest team in the league. They make the finals if Frans Eller doesn’t do Frans Eller things and keep the opposing league leader in points from having much of an impact all series.

Kelowna: They fell apart. Anaheim had their number. Either way, in order for Kelowna to come away with this series, both of those things had to not happen. Kelowna showed up as they did in the regular season and played lights out because that’s the only way they beat Strom Chamberlain and the Anaheim offensive machine. (112 Words)

Jimmy Wagner has my vote here. The man bleeds Tenne and Eerie Black, and has put more effort into being an excellent Team Captain than I thought possible. Not only does he lead his team in effort, but his stats show why Carolina has made it as far as they have, and it wouldn’t be farfetched to have him be winning season MVP. It's not hard to see his efforts in the success of this Carolina team, both on and off the ice. (83 Words)

Task #10 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE
Completed
Verification word: Bjerg

12/12 TPE

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2020, 08:20 PM by Ohtaay.)

Task #1 - 2 TPE
[Image: Task1.png?width=1024&height=907]

Task #3 - 3 TPE
[Image: Task3.png]

Task #6 - 2 TPE

Outlaws, and a Kraken in a fight you say? I think it is pretty easy, the Kraken. If they were going fight, it would have to be water which would already give the Kraken the big advantage, since the Outlaws would be away from their home turf. The Kraken would be able to use the whole sea, just waiting and watching the Outlaws float along. The only way the outlaws have any chance is if they have some explosives and multiple boats. They would need to bait the Kraken with one boat as a decoy, and when it attacked use the explosives on it. However, quite frankly I think the Kraken is to hard to beat.
Code:
116 words

Task #8 - 2 TPE

The battle that has gone on forever, hot goaltending vs offense. Now you need a good goalie to win the series, but you don't need a hot goalie. A hot goalie may steal your team a game or two. However, if the other team's offense is constantly better, the constant attack and shots towards the net will come out on top.
Code:
61 words

I mean the main thing that went right is that the won more games then they lost. How does that happen you may ask? Well they scored more goals, and stopped more shots. Ultimately Kelowna struggled against Anchorage and could very well be out in the first round. Newfoundland is a surprising outcome though and should have played better hockey.
Code:
60 words

Verification word: Oats

Total Tpe = 12

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Task #1 - 2 TPE
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC: Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Introducing the best giveaway by the Armada franchise history, and possibly in all of sports: The Armada toilet seat. Yes, the toilet seat. Decked out in the Armada Blue and Grey colors, it features a gold trim around the outside of the seat. The best part is this seat is heated, and can be worn during the game! Think of it like the best gold chain you've ever worn, but it's a multi purpose toilet seat. All seats were signed by the entire Armada roster, in brown sharpie, on the underside. This is only available for the first 1969 fans that arrive to the game, so it's an extremely limited giveaway, but one for every die hard Boat Ganger.

Task #3 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

The Armada selected Igor Victory to help out at a local BBQ fundraiser this year, which benefited the local Iditarod unions, who are in charge of setting up the course, providing grooming for the dogs, providing heating for fans, amongst other responsibilities. The event was held months in advance of the race itself, on a beautiful September afternoon. The menu that day was maple baked beans, chile rubbed corn on the cob, wedge salads with whale bacon, elk burgers, bear sausage, and of course, Hot Dogs. Victory was in charge of manning the hot dog station. Being that this was his first American BBQ, Victory was amazed by the vast amounts of food people were eating, and the booze they were drinking. It wasn't long before his fellow rookie, Sven Gunnar, was three sheets to the wind. So it was up to Igor to hold down the Hot Dog station, and Sausages while Sven eventually passed out on the tennis courts. In the end, Victory loved his first American BBQ, and they raised just around $6325 for the ISIS (Iditarod Sled Ice Services) union 12.

Task #6 - 2 TPE

What is an Outlaw? A fugitive on the run. Lucky for this group, that doesn't just apply to the Wild Wild West. There happens to be a few iconic Outlaws from history, William Wallace, Robinhood, Poncho Villa, Lando Calrissian, Han Solo, Zorro, Arthur Morgan, Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, but can these outlaws actually take down the Kraken? The giant squid and octopus cousin is said to have taken down 3 ships all at the same time, 2 tentacles on each, and 2 to spare. Seeing as most of these outlaws never spent much time on ships, and most are fashioned with pistols, and swords, it's highly unlikely that any of them are not going to be sea sick, and have their bullets do much damage. The only plausible way this group of outlaws takes down the Kraken, is if Zorro sacrifices himself, jumps and slides down one tentacle and straight into the mouth of the kraken. But seeing as the tentacles are fitted with giant suckers, and the beak of the Kraken is sharper than an Eagle's talon, there's a fairly low chance he makes it in alive long enough to stab the heart or brain of the Kraken. In reality, Zorro would be eaten alive, and immediately put the disposal by the stomach acid of the Kraken. Kraken 1, Outlaws gone.

Task #7 - 3 TPE

Igor Victory, after finishing his rookie year and first trip to WJC, is making his way back to Tampere, Finland. He family owns a camp not too far away in the town of Bromarv. He'll spend his first couple of days back celebrating Midssummer, the celebration of the Summer Solstice. His family and friends circle is tight knit, and everybody wants to spend time with the hockey hot shot back for the summer, so they all spend it at his cabin. For two weeks it's going back to nature, enjoying the outdoors, foraging, swimming, trips to the sauna. Then it becomes training time, his real vacation is only those two weeks. After that it's back to hitting the gym, and ice every day. He'll be working with Temmu Selanne's former skills trainer, who will be introducing Igor to as many new skills as he'll be able to take in.

Task #10 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE does NOT round up.

Trivia done.
Dope.

Total TPE =12 (13)

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2020, 12:38 AM by Ohtaay.)

Fk mobile.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Task #1 (2 TPE):
My idea for the fan appreciation day item would simply be a rally towel. I know it’s not creative, but I love these things. I would place one in every single seat, allowing every fan the opportunity to waive it around during the game, in support of the team. I will have these given out on every home game. The towel will be white, with simply the logo on it. Perhaps we can sell these towels to fans outside the arena as well. I’m sure fans would be interested in acquiring them and being able to bring them home and cheer on their team, with the rally towel from their own home.

Task #2 (3 TPE):
I am going to be comparing the two goalies that will be matching up against each other in this series. That is, Frans Eller for the Carolina Kraken, and Strom Chamberlain for the Anaheim Outlaws. During the regular season, Eller played an insane 44 games. With so many games played, you had to wonder if that was part of the reason for his poor statistics. He was the 6th best starter, with a 0.909 save percentage, despite leading the league in wins. It looked as though Eller might be one of the weak points of a good Carolina team. Meanwhile, Chamberlain had an even worse time. He ranked at the bottom of the league in terms of save percentage between the 10 starters, with just a 0.903. Playing 10 less games the Eller, there wasn’t much excuse for Chamberlain, and he would be heading into the playoffs as the worst of the 2 netminders. During the playoffs though, it’s been a completely different story. Eller has been awful, with an 0.883 save percentage. It appears as though we were right when we said the goaltending was Carolina’s biggest weakness. Chamberlain, meanwhile, has turned a corner. He has been far and away the best goalie in the league during the playoffs, posting an outstanding 0.942 save percentage. Heading into their matchup, it’s essentially the goalie in the worst form, versus the goalie in the best form, which leads me to believe that Anaheim is going to have the edge in this series.

Task 4 (2 TPE):
C: Ethan Price: Price has been dominant throughout the playoffs, scoring 8 goals and picking up 7 assists for 15 points, in just 10 games. He’s second in the league in playoff scoring, and first in points per game. He might just be the best offensive player in the league right now, which is why we have to take him.
LW: Patrick Twist: With our team having 2 big time goal scorers, we needed a playmaker. That’s where Twist comes in. He had 10 assists in 13 games and was a +11. He should be a great addition to this top line.
RW: Kriss Darzins: While he may have been knocked out in the first round, Darzins scored 7 goals in 7 games, and picked up 3 helpers, for a total of 10 points in 7 games. He did all he could for St. Louis and would be an excellent choice for this team.
LD: Juuka Timonen: With 9 points in 14 games, he is a big-time contributor offensively, and being a +12 shows he isn’t a liability on defense.
RD: PBJ Souppan: Practically identical to Timonen. 10 points in 14 games, and he is a +11. This top pair out of Newfoundland are my top picks for the defense.
Goalie: Strom Chamberlain: He’s been lights out in the playoffs and was the clear choice to take here.

Task 8 (3 TPE):
B: I believe that hot goaltending will prevail in this matchup. Carolina hasn’t gone up against a goalie in this good form yet, and Chamberlain has got an excellent defensive group in front of him to help him out. He’s got a 0.942 save percentage, that is MVP caliber stuff. I expect him to keep it up and lead Anaheim to a championship.
C: Newfoundland win a tight series in game 7, thanks to an outstanding performance from Ryuuji Minamino. He has been their best player all playoffs, and the leading scorer in the league all throughout, and his OT goal secured Newfoundland a spot in the final. As for Kelowna, their top line hasn’t been producing, but their depth steps up in this series, and the likes of Tres Sombreros, Stan Q. Next, and James Hagan score big goals that motivate the team to get past Anaheim.
D: For Anaheim, Ethan Price was their key player. He scored 22 goals, 10 of which on the powerplay, being good for 4th in the league, and making their powerplay incredibly dangerous. For Carolina, it was Adam Friedland. He was far and away the best defensemen in the league this season, putting up an insane 42 points, while being a +30, which was the highest +/- in the league.

Task 10 (3 TPE):
Donut

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 07:26 AM by CaptainCrazy.)

Task #1 - 2 TPE
[Image: pngtree-3d-crystal-ball-snow-scene-music...944334.jpg]

Task #3 - 3 TPE
On Friday, July 17, a charity hockey game organized by the Colorado Raptors will take place with the aim of collecting funds for the local children's hospital. It will be attended by Colorado Raptors hockey professionals Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind, Mack Daddy, Juni Panda, Lord Raiden, Gudmundur Kristiansson, Samat Beibitzhanov, Aumy Jr, Terrence Smith and Sven Svensson.
The charity event will take place in the Colorado Raptors Arena and is scheduled to start at 2:30 p.m.
As part of the charity event, there will be both a hockey game and a variety of interesting and athletic activities with hockey elements, not only for the big visitors, but also for the small ones.
“Everybody wants their and their surrounding children to be healthy, yet there are times when small cuddles get to hospitals for a variety of reasons, including with a severe state of health when they need special treatment. Flare-ups or emergency situations often occur during treatment, which require a very rapid response, enabling the child to receive the necessary medical treatment. This charity also wants to help and donate funds to the children's hospital to help save the lives of children and improve the time spent at the hospital of children and their parents. We call on all those who do care about child health and who want to spend good time on Friday to participate in this event in order to help those who need it most,” says Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind, the Colorado Raptors player.

(246 words)

Task #7 - 3 TPE
Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind has a very busy off-season. He trains hard every day. He wakes up at 7 a.m. every morning because there is a 3-hour long morning ice training which is mandatory for every Colorado Raptors player. After this training players have 2 hours free time where they can do what they want. At 1 p.m. Raptors have 2 hours long training session in a gym. In the evenings, coaches offer an hour-long individual workout on the ice, which Asclepius always uses to better prepare for next season.
As a one of the draft prospects, Asclepius has had some meetings with SHL general managers this off-season. He has had meetings with Manhattan Rage, Tampa Bay Barracudas, New England Wolfpack and Winnipeg Jets scouting teams. Some teams also invited Asclepius to pre-season training camps, in which Asclepius has proven himself very well.
Tonight Asclepius will participate in a charity event organised by Colorado Raptors at a local children's hospital.

(159 words)

Task #8 (A) - 1 TPE
I really like to create interesting names for my players (Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind, Gvidas Kazlauskas and Miervaldis Frīdrihs Ozoliņš) so this was an interesting task for me. The clear winner for me is Anaheim Outlaws defender Jöörgüštrâäd DuBølk because I have no idea how to pronounce that name. I like to call him "Jogurts Bulka" which, in translation from the Latvian, means “Yogurt Muffin".

(64 words)

Task #10 - 3 TPE
Verification word - Wind

Total: 12/12 TPE

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 10:52 AM by rum_ham.)

Task #2 - 3 TPE
[Image: wPYHnuc.png]

Task #7 - 3 TPE
Colin Lambert was staring out his back deck into the woods from his home in Definance, Ohio. His eyes look dark and depressed. His stubble is rough. The cigarette hanging loosely from his mouth has dropped ashes all over his carpet. He's depressed. Not only because the St. Louis Scarecrows have been defeated in 7 games, but because when he returned home, his childhood coach was dead. Colin produces a flask out of his robe and is about to take a drink until -- Danny Marston, GM of St. Louis bursts in. He has some new information about his coaches death... it was a murder! The Carolina Kraken as a collective entity murdered Colin's childhood coach. The only way to stop them is to beat them to a pulp next season. *Cue "Till I Collapse by Eminem"* This kicked Colin into gear. Now he is working harder than ever in the gym, angry and determined. He's coming for the Four-Star Cup next season, but more importantly, he will sought out to seek revenge on the Kraken for murdering his beloved childhood coach.
Code:
182 Words

Task #8 - 1-4 TPE
a. Best name would have gone to Bud Light Lime but... The award for best name in the series belongs to the backup goalie for the Kraken, Blunt Man. He's a man who speaks his mind, and alters it as well, through the use of dirty illegal drugs. Legend has it that he has a THC vape pen that he rips on the bench when he's not playing.
Code:
67 Words
b. I think it’s going to be a tight series. Eller for the Kraken can sometimes go cold, but often when he does, the Kraken offence makes up for it. I think this series will ultimately come down to the goalies. I think the playoff MVP will be a goalie regardless of who wins.
Code:
53 Words
d. The Outlaws MVP of the season for me has been Strom Chamberlain. He’s been able to steal games for Anaheim when their offence wasn’t up to par. For the Kraken it is Jimmy Wagner. He has steadily led the offensive charge for the Kraken this year. Not only did he tie for most points in the league, but the next closest player on the team was behind him by 9 points, showing that he made the players around him better.
Code:
80 Words

Verification Word: fisto

TPE (12/12)

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Task #1 - The Tripple-Headed Alex T-shirt  2 TPE
During the S54 season, one line in Maine stood out and became a fan favourite. Unlucky for them, it wouldn’t last as long as many people had hoped. The trio of Alexander Roach, Alexander Oscarsson and Kyle “Alex” Sutton have played their last game together with the centerpiece of it all, assistant captain Roach, leaving the team for Quebec. In the game of his return next season, Maine will be handing out T-shirts with the trio on them. To celebrate a fun line during yet another painful season, but also celebrate the impact Roach had on the team. Although unsuccessful, many young players cite him as a great leader and being a big inspiration for their future in the SMJHL.

120 words.

Task #3 - The Plant-a-seed Foundation
  3 TPE
Maine is very rich with their green landscape, their beautiful forests and wonderful nature. However, to keep it that way while maintaining the growth of the state is not an easy job to do. The Plant-a-seed Foundation was created to combat what could end up being awful deforestation and the death of Maine as a state. Since its creation in the late 90’s, the Foundation has grown to reach way beyond that. They now help with projects in areas that have no forests at all down in Africa. And it was at one of the fundraisers for this cause that Alex Oscarsson and the other rookies found themselves at just before they left for the WJC.

They were there representing the proud Maine Timber, doing some fun shooting and skill competitions. They helped out organizing the same event for the kids who showed up. Adrik Baranov (@Jorec) and Rikard Bjerg (@AgentSmith630) were some of the standouts in the competition. Alex mostly spent his time writing autographs to the kids, while Jesse Seppänen (@crutch) spent most of his time with an awkward Finish smile in the corner.

A wild Captain Kalashnikov (@suavemente) was also spotted during the event. He spent most of his time hugging some trees.

206 words

Task #4 - The Finals Dream Team
  2 TPE

Goalie - Strom Chamberlain, Anaheim Outlaws
The S52 goalie has been great during the playoffs. Beyond that he has some really good experience in the playoffs and has shown himself to be a potential MVP for the entire playoffs.

Left Defense - Sven Yxskaft, Carolina Kraken

The former captain of the Vancouver Whalers came in a remarkable trade during the season, and has been nothing short of excellent. In the Game 7 vs Newfoundland he was once again one of the best players on the ice, having 1 assist and an incredible defensive performance.

Right Defense - Ulrik Bergstrom, Anaheim Outlaws
Another Swede, another incredible player. Bergstrom has been great all year long for Anaheim, and in his final season in the J he sees himself as one of the true veterans of this team. A fantastic player who will be pairing up with Yxskaft at the WJC after the finals.

Left Wing - Dwight Knight, Carolina Kraken
The S54 forward has been great all year long for Carolina, and will be the youngest inclusion on this list. His level of play has been amongst the very best in his class, and he should be considered the best natural left winger in this series.

Center - Rikard Hammarberg, Anaheim Outlaws
I just love my Swedes. But, I don’t think this is a controversial pick at all. Some might say he should’ve performed better in the postseason, but I don’t think that take away much from his extremely solid regular season. If Anaheim are to win, Rikard will have to be one of the big reasons for it.

Right Wing - Jimmy Wagner, Carolina Kraken
It’s insane that he has an entire year left following the conclusion of these playoffs. Jimmy was one of the best players in the entire regular season, and has a really strong case for playoff MVP if Carolina ends up victorious. The easiest decision on this list was just picking Jimmy.

325 words

Task #6 - Outlaws vs The Kraken  2 TPE
In a straight up fight, who would win? Well, the circumstances depends on who will stand victorious in this. If anywhere close to a bigger body of water, it goes the way of The Kraken 100% of the time. If on land, it becomes evenly matched. The Kraken can of course still flail his arms and be an insane menace, but the Outlaws are in their prime element. I’d still get the edge to The Kraken from size and strength alone over a numbers advantage that the Outlaws have. Taking it to the skies however, The Kraken can’t be there so he’ll just fall to his death. The End.

109 words

Task #7 - Offseason for Alex Oscarsson
  3 TPE

In what would be him hard preparing to stay in shape for the WJC, and follow that up with training camp, he would find himself with even more work. The fedhead, @StamkosFan and GM of the WJC team @roastpuff reached out to him.
“Yo Alex, do you wanna help out organizing the WJC team? You’ll get the fancy title of Co-GM, and all you have to do is listen to what puffer says. So what’ya saying?”

He will however not be getting a tighter schedule because of his new commitment. In speaking to his Maine Captain, Valentin Kalashnikov, to ask for advise on how to juggle it, he responded with: “Drink, and train even harder. Train while you GM, you will get strong and heavy and can drink more.” I’m not sure what else could be expected if I’m being honest.

So since the playoffs ended, Alex has spent time training even harder, while helping out roastpuff with the duties of running a team that wants revenge in the finals.

170 words

Claiming 12 TPE

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 08:43 AM by Jogurtaa.)

Task #1 - 2TP
[Image: QzyQwsf.png]

Task #2 - 3TP
[Image: YbO9xMT.jpg]

Task #4 - 3TP
[Image: FCVZE9q.png]

Task #10 Trivia - 1-3TP
Verif. word - FOOD!

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2020, 03:09 PM by Southie.)

Task 3:

Code:

Code:
Task #3 - 3 TPE
Requirements:

Is your friend too lame to listen to good old fashion heavy metal on his own? Do they think that Harry Styles and Drake are the pinnacles of musical achievement in the modern age? Then contact Sven Gunnar's Brutal Gas Chamber Of Extreme Vegenance For Nerds today. Here at SGBGCOEVFN we specialize in turning your lame-ass friends into real hardcore death marines by subjecting to hours of sonic based torture that would break even the strongest person.

Some of our most popular methods include Burying a person alive inside a coffin while Buried Alive By Venom plays over and over again for five to six hours, forced renditions of Angel Of Death By Slayer and the destruction of all non-metal band memorabilia your friend owns while we blare  Walk By Pantera on loop outside of their home from two very large speakers. Once your friend has completely broken as a person due to the large amount of punishment we've forced them to endure, will gift them Megadeth's entire discography and a free Venom t-shirt of their choice.

Code:

Code:
Task #7 - 3 TPE

Sven's going to spend the off-season doing exactly what he did during the regular season. He's going to drink a lot,  listen to World Painted Blood on repeat, maybe try to find a copy of  Welcome To Helly on vinyl on eBay because he's really been getting into Venom recently but other than that there's not a lot for Sven to do in Alaska. Maybe he'll take a trip back to Sweden, go to a couple of death metal shows and drink a whole truckload of brännvin. Sven's pretty happy with how this season turned out from a statistics perspective or at least he seems that way on the rare occasion that he's actually sober. So he doesn't really see a whole lot of reason to change what's been working for him so far.

He will try to catch an Orbit Culture show when the concert season opens back up again. He's really been getting into their work recently.

Code:

Code:

Slayer
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2020, 04:35 PM by Mazatt.)

Code:
Task #1 - 2 TPE
Requirements:

Going into next seson the Kraken will be introducing bobble-head nights for the returning players of the Season 54 deep run! Among these fantastic gifts will be Wagner night at the Spectrum Centre against the visiting St. Louis Scarecrows. Fans entering the arena will get a fresh Jimmy Wagner bobblehead, with a soundbox of the radio announcers description of his game 6 heroic overtime goal inside the head! Along the base of the bobblehead will be the information of the goal, date, score, team against, as well as an enscription of "WAGSGANG" along the front portion of the base. When Newfoundland comes to town next season, Adam Friedland's bobble head will be handed out to the fans attending the game. The bobble-'hands' will depict the Kraken's leading defensive scorer beating down on an un-named Berserker player. In a trendy twist on bobble heads, Friedland's head won't move, instead his hands will shake and wiggle into his opponents face! Fun for the whole family!

Code:
140-ish words

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Requirements:

Forwards: The Kraken have a lot of top end talent to deal with alongside strong depth beyond their top 6. Obvious choices from Carolina include Dwight Knight, Jimmy Wagner, Keith Lee, Bobby Bergen, Vitek Viticek, and Kwame Dakari. The entire Kraken top 6 was great at producing points, including MVP candidate Wagner, with Viticek and Dakari being excellent goal scorers. The rest of the lines can put up great amounts of points alongside defensive presence--a mix of which should also have Keith Lee in contention for MVP this season.

Looking at Anaheim's roster they boast excellent top centremen in Rikard Hammarberg and Taylor Johansson. They can score and defend which make them prime candidates for the top line on any time. Especially with Hammarberg being an MVP candidate himself. Anaheim has a lot of great scorers in general that are also boasting high DGR, such as Ethan Price and Ryu Jones who I'm going to include here. Finally, we need another centremen as I want to match lines and I opted to take C.T. Carragher because he was third best for Anaheim and I didn't want to have imbalanced team representation. Finally, I settled on Stacimir Petrovic because of his strong defensive game that would fit on a 4th line.

The lines I came up with are:

Wagner - Hammarberg - Viticek
Easy scoring line. Just, easy. Two guys in Wagner and Hammarberg that can create their own chances and are MVP's for their team due to their strong two-way play, alongside Vitek Viticek who is a fantastic goal scorer and would create fantastic spacing for his linemates. Teams wouldn't know who to cover.

Price - Lee - Johansson
This is the de-facto shutdown line for this team. Lee and Johansson are among the best possession players in the league and there would be ltitle opposing teams could do to get the puck from them. Price is also a strong defensive influence for Anaheim and would benefit from the scoring touch of the two players around him. If Lee reversed his lack-lustre luck from last year other teams would be in danger.

Knight - Carragher - Dakari
More of a scoring line here which features premier goal scoring talent in Kwame Dakari and Dwight Knight. (18 goals in 41 games and 19 in 50 respectively). Both of these players are better knwon for offensive production rather than defensive skill, which is why Carragher is going to anchor their defensive play. Of course Carragher is also a scorer but his defence is what gives him a spot in this lineup as he is a graet insulator to spring offense to his linemates.

Jones - Bergen - Petrovic
Gotta be honest I don't know too much about these guys. Bergen is a certified goal scorer that can control the pace of play while Ryu Jones is a high scoring rookie winger. Petrovic is an okay scorer but is able to defend pretty good. This is a line coach would send out there to maintain possession in the offensive zone but can also defend the neutral and defensive zones effectively.

Defense: Carolina has a lot to choose from for defence. Two 425 capped D-men in Yxskaft and Cuddles are obvious choices, while Friedland was also the top-scoring d-man this season. Ben van Djik also put up points, while Axel Foley and Connor Hutton had solid production as rookies, but for a balanced lineup I want to stick with three from each team.

Anaheim didn't have as much prolific scoring from the backend that Friedland provided but they do have great options for any team. Harry Walker and Emilia Bergman are two great defensive players, with Bergman eclipsing 100 hits on the season, which land them a spot on this team. Then the obvious choice for top defensemen from Anaheim--James Leblond. Had their third highest DGR at 69, sitting behind Johansson and Hammarberg. Plus, he was their top scoring defensemen.

Cuddles - Yxskaft
Shutdown pairing. These guys are great defensively and can shut down anyone.

Friedland - Leblond
These guys are gonna score against anyone in the league. They put up big points, bruise the opposition, and will defend well.

Walker - Bergman
Shutdown pairing 2, electric boogaloo. Not much more I can add beyond teams can't score.

Goalies: As if it wasn't enough that we had a team that control play from all sides of the puck, we have two of the best goalies in the J representing this squad. First up is Strom Chamberlain--he's been fantastic these playoffs, shutdown all teams offenses, and already led them to a cup in the past. Hard not to give him the nod as the starter. Next up is Frans Eller who has been mired by inconsistency these playoffs, but put up a clutch shutout against Newfoundland in game 5 to put Carolina up 3-2. Either goalie can steal a game or even a series and having either option as a backup is a testament to how good this team would be.

Code:
800-ish words

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE

If the team matchups were different I'd assume we're looking at a bracket off

Carolina - Detroit

St. Louis - Newfoundland

Kelowna - Colorado

Anaheim - Anchorage

In a stuation like this I'd figure Carolina, Newfoundland, Kelowna, and Anchorage would be moving on. The first three seem typical, Carolina gets revenge against Detroit for last year and were straight up better, St. Louis runs into another team built like Carolina with stronger playoff goaltending , Kelowna is good, but the last pick? Let me explain. To end the season Anchorage became dominant. They controlled possession and the score of games. Anaheim is built from Chamberlain out, but a possession team like Anchorage would be hard to crack and I believe that series would go to seven games and would be anyones series after that. I was one of the people who put Anchorage winning in the last primetime and I think I had them upsetting Kelowna but I'm not sure--either way they were one of the best teams down the stretch and I fully believe they could beat any team.

These matchups would similarly matched to the ones we saw already. If anything Carolina would finish in 6 games instad of 7, while St. Louis and Newfoundland would definitely go the distance. Kelowna might have an easier time with Colorado, i.e. 5 games, but Anaheim and Anchorage would go to 7 imo.

Code:
200 words

Code:
Task #8 - 1-4 TPE

A. If I had to pick someone it would be Vincent Wolfe or Blut Man. Mans is named after an animal, kind of hard to beat that, and Blunt Man is a Blunt man. Heh. After that there aren't a lot of great names on either squad here. I like the sound of Jimmy Wagner, and Joorgustrad Dubolk is weird, but nothing stands out to me as a top tier name. Chamberlain is up there but his name of Strom weird me out cause I always think I spelt it wrong. I can't commit to giving him best name just because of that.

Code:
100 words

B. I might be a little bit biased here but I think goal scoring will come out on top. Carolina has come on strong against many great goalies these playoffs, they chased Nicolae Antoneescu who was the top rookie tender, they were able to beat first team all-star Cale Admundsen by spotting 5 goals in games 5 and 3, as well as 4 goals in game 7. They are such a high powered offensive team that controls play well and utilize puck possession. I think this series goes to 7 and at that point it's anyones game, though.

Code:
100 words

C. For Newfoundland to end up in the cup finals it would've been a stronger PK, because without the powerplay goal (2 powerplay goals?) scored by Carolina in game 7 it is either tied or they have the lead, and going into overtime it is anyones game. Either that or Eller doesn't pop of in game 5 and they take a 3-2 lead, but no one won back to back games that series so that's not reasonable to me. For Kelowna to be in the finals it would be a much harder sell. It comes down to them needing to defend the net better and to make smarter decisions with the puck to control the momentum of the game. Either that or Strom Chamberlain has to be human, which could get them a few more wins. Kavanagh showed that he could steal a game so more performances like that would help.

Code:
150 words

D. Well, seeing as both of these teams have MVP candidates on their rosters it's hard not to look to them for why they're in the playoffs. From Carolina there would be Keith Lee and Jimmy Wagner, both are possession monsters with poor luck keeping Lee out of the scoring title race, while Wagner tied with Ryuuji Minamino of the Berserkers which is a big reason for the teams success. Out of Anaheim it would be Taylor Johansson or Rikard Hammarberg, both players score a lot and produce offensively and without them they would be in big trouble.

Code:
100 words

Code:
Verification words: Foley

Just participating gets me to 12 TPE but if any of the 2 TPE prompts don't go through those should come in handy.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Task #5 - 3 TPE
I'll shake it up with some strong, strong hypothetical scenarios. Now, the Kraken had a point streak of 11 games to finish off the season, including 9 wins. They were well behind the Berserkers due to their start, but got within 2 points after all 50 games were played. While that was going on, Maine was still just slightly holding on. They ended up letting go, but this is where the speculation starts. Maine pops off, including wins against Newfoundland which in turn lets Carolina clinch first in the east if they pulled off what they did. With the extra points against Newfoundland, and other teams, the Timber are able to make the last spot in playoffs, and will face-off against the Kraken. Despite both teams coming in very hot, the Kraken would absolutely rag-doll the Timber. It would be 4-5 games, just based on some of those dear regular season games, giving the Kraken rest going into the second round. After the memes of Detroit not making playoffs, focus would be shifted to another new series, Newfoundland against St. Louis. I'm taking Newfoundland here, which creates an identical second round match up to what we have. With the extra rest, we'll say the Kraken are able to take it in one less game, leaving them better off in the finals than they currently are. 225 words

Task #6 - 2 TPE

Let's just start off with saying something, both a Kraken and an Outlaw are predators in their own sense. I could say that because hockey is 5 on 5 (or 6 on 6 for those technical people), it could be a single Kraken against a single Outlaw. But that is unfair. Now like I said, both are predators in their own sense, but Outlaws are known for some questionably aggressive, sometimes stupid actions. Usually it ends up fine for them, but when we are talking about fighting a Kraken, this could easily end up in a boat of Outlaws going out and trying to hunt a Kraken down. It is an easy win for the Kraken there, pull the ship under, drown a few, done. For some odd reason though, let's say a Kraken is just plopped in the middle of a desert. It's still gonna win, just let it whip it's tentacles around for a little bit and that's enough to kill a human. It would die in the end from a lack of oxygen, but it still won the fight. 182 words

Task #8 - 1-4 TPE

In my opinion, Vitek Vitecek has the best name in the series. It was close with Dwight Knight as well, because both names work well with each other, and roll of the tongue, but Vitek Vitecek just seems better to me. As for the Anaheim Outlaws, I really like Ryu Jones. It's simple, not fancy at all, but for some reason I can't explain it is just great. 68 words
In the first round, Antonescu had select games where he was absolutely lights out. But we were able to figure him out, and won that series in game 7. For the Berserkers, the main problem we had throughout the year was facing Amundsen. We figured him out, and won in a game 7 as well. We were beating those teams on our offense alone, and I think if we throw enough at Chamberlain we can wear him down just like we did with other goalies. 85 words
To put it simply, Kavanagh either stole games, or Kelowna figured out how to score on Chamberlain. Anaheim had an easy series because they had everything going their way. For Newfoundland, they held Carolina to few goals. Both teams had no problems getting the puck in the net, but had Amundsen played this series like he had some regular season games against them, there would be no question they are in the finals. 73 words
Gotta go with Jimmy Wagner. One of the better candidates for MVP, he was tied with Minamino for the league lead in scoring. He was a massive part of the Kraken's success on the offensive side of the game, and when we take into consideration his somewhat rough start, it goes to show how good he was in the later section of the season. Plus as the captain, there were times when he needed to step up, and he didn't disappoint. 81 words

Completed, verification word is Fruit

Equals exactly 12TPE to reach the cap for these tasks.