Create Account

S54 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2020, 09:44 PM by Gooney.)

Task ## - 3 TPE
As we all know Jason Desrouelx of the Vancouver Whalers hockey club is a very charitable man. We all know this but incase you do not, I will now go into further detail so i can earn tpe. Jason Desroulx helps out a ton with Sick kids charity. He donates so much of his money towards kids hospitals. He spends a lot of his free time visiting the hospital and trying to cheer up some of the kids. another one of his chairties he likes to donate to is black lives matter. love to see all the work they are doing. really great stuff. Also breast cancer awareness. I love big boobies so i like to donate my time and money towards saving all big boobies and small bobbies. All of my spare time is towards charities. I love giving money away to my charities. I encourager my other fellow players to do the same, it is very fulfilling. I feel very full.

Task #5 - 3 TPE
This is a very interesting discussion to be had here and i will delve deep into with full force and brain power. If detriot were to play lets say carolina instead of new found land and Labrador perhaps they move on to the next round of the smjhl season 54 playoffs. They had some diffculties in the match up against newfoundland and it showed when they lost to the newfoundland berserkers in 7 games in the playoffs. Now, I think they beat carolina if they matched up against them. Which could have drastically changed the outcome of the s54 playoffs. I just think that the Detriot Falcons have a far stronger roster to beat down on Carolina compared to Newfoundland. Newfoundland have so many big strong bodies who are good at hockey and really hard to knock off the hockey puck. Detriot just can not match up against all those massive men. They just cant. Meanwhile, Carolina are not as big and strong and I feel like Detriot could straitigize their skill in a much more efficient way in this matchup.

Task #7 - 3 TPE
Oh man you know what, Jason Desrouilex had himself a very fine rookie year all things considered. After a long season big man Jason the big man Desrouelax likes to kick back and reflect back onto the past season with open eyes. He logs it all into his brain and looks for ways to improve himself both as a hockey player but also as a human. you know you gotta grow as a person and be bettrer and desorulex is looking to do just that. Jason Desroulex does not worry himself about the upcoming shl entry draft. There is no time for that. He will go to a team and he will play hockey for the dream that drafts him. It is what it is, you know? there is no need to stress. Desrtoulex will take a nice long vacation and forget about hockey for the next little while. He will begin trraining after returnig from a long vacation and get prepared for his second season for the vancouver whalers.

Task #10 - 3 TPE
verification: bigtittiygothegg

done

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2020, 08:07 PM by the_paytonium.)

Code:
Task #1 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.
[Image: OutlawsHat.png?width=1039&height=1039]Official Anaheim Outlaws Rally Caps! Get 'em while they're still in stock!

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the Outlaws and Kraken, and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos
LW                              C                                      RW
Vitek Vitacek    Rikard Hammarberg            Jimmy Wagner
Dwight Knight          Keith Lee                        Ethan Price
Ziggy Tambo        Taylor Johansson                C.T. Carragher
Ryu Jones                Bobby Bergen                Linus Grimstad

LD                                  RD
          Ambacas Cuddles            Emilia Bergman
          Adam Friedland              Ulrik Bergstrom
            Harry Walker                  Ben van Dijk

G
                                  Frans Eller
                            Strom Chamberlain

Code:
Task #6 - 2 TPE
Who would win in a fight between an actual real group of Outlaws (I guess bandit-types based on their logo) and the fabled Kraken? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.
Requirements: 100+ words.
Well I mean it would depend on who had the proverbial "home field advantage" a group of outlaws would likely fight on land, unless they are Somali pirates, and therefore a Kraken would be thoroughly out of its element and greatly weakened. However, if they fought in water a Kraken would easily topple any boat they may be on and drown the outlaws. Unless of course the outlaws somehow got their hands upon a Ticonderoga-class Destroyer with below-the-surface weaponry and anti-submarine capabilities. Again, so many variables, but I would have to say the Outlaws pull off the upset here as they have a higher likelihood of the advantage, and many opportunities to gather materials that would sway the fight in their favor.

Words: 122

Code:
Task #7 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
Requirements: 150+ words.
Henney O'McGuiness is on the grind. At the moment he basically lives on the ice and in the weight room, adding speed, stamina, and strength He's been sharpening his defensive skills both with the stick and his beefy Irish shoulders so that next season he can help fill in for the colossal loss of defenseman Valentin Kalashnikov, or @suavemente. Also joining the Team GB locker room chat has inspired Henney to work hard not only for success with Maine and whichever SHL team picks him, but also to prove to the heads at Team GB he's worthy of international ice-time. He's also been patiently looking forward to his tongue-twister albatross of a name being called on the SHL draft day and it happy to play for any team that takes him, as his loyalty is like that of a dog's, man's very best friend. He has also started to settle into loving in Maine and enjoy the local scenery, visiting many national parks and marveling at the natural beauty of the state. Lastly, he has also indulged in enough lobster and other fresh-caught fish this offseason that when OTA's start up again he might be looking more like a bowling ball than a Semi-pro defenseman!

Words: 204

Code:
Task #10 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE DOES round up, contrary to what the post first said following feedback lol.

Post that you did the trivia, plus your verification word from the form, in your reply in this thread
Key Word: keanuchungus

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: 7 full days after the Four-Star Cup finals are over, so July 18th at 11:59 PM Eastern

[Image: Screenshot_2020-05-18_at_9.24.57_PM.png?...height=942]
[Image: HenneyIL-GBsig2.png]
~ Sigs made by yours truly ~

[Image: vokU6Ra.png] | [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Task #7: 3TPE
Coming out of his rookie Simulation Major Junior Hockey League season, Lonnie O'Donoghue is more focused on his next season and his next steps more than ever. If we take a look back we can see that Lonnie O'Donoghue didn't do very well. He played all 50 games only scoring 8 points total with none of those points being goals. He also had an absurdly low plus minus rating, ending the season with minus 19. Overall, this season wasn't great for him but it lined up with the expectations put on him with his draft position, he was drafted 52nd overall in the junior draft. With all that said, the things that Lonnie has been doing this off season are simple, work on his play. He simply did not play the way he wanted to and 8 points, even on the worst team in the league, is just not going to cut it. Another thing that Lonnie hopes to work on is getting drafted higher in the draft, 52nd was too low and he feels that he should have gone much higher. (182 words)

Task #10: 3 TPE
I did trivia, verification word nutter butter.

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2020, 11:41 PM by WannabeFinn.)

Task 3:

Kolja Kekkonen spent a good portion of his offtime this season volunteering for Habitat for Humanity. It is well known that the area around Detroit is impoverished, and Kolja wanted to do what he could to help. "These people need to have safe, reliable housing. They deserve to have a place of their own, to live with dignity. With a roof over their heads." Kolja Kekkonen was a rookie for the Detroit Falcons last season, but he says that it was easy for him to deal with the pressure. "Being a rookie, that's not tough. I play a game. These people are the ones experiencing something tough. They aren't always sure that they'll have somewhere to go at night. It takes a lot of guts to carry on and live life like that. I'm happy to do my part in improving their lives." To date, Kekkonen has helped in the construction of 17 houses in the area.

Task 5:

The first round was about as evenly matched as it can be, with 3 of the series going to Game 7. In an alternate reality, the Kraken play the Armada, the Knights play the Scarecrows, the Outlaws play the Berserkers and the Falcons play the Raptors. I think in the first series mentioned, the Kraken would be able to knock the Armada in 6 games. I believe that the Knights would be able to to also knockout their opponent, St. Louis, in 6. Anaheim and Newfoundland would certainly be the series most likely to be pushed to a Game 7. On the other hand, I believe that the Falcons would have made quick work of the Raptors, potentially ending Colorado's season with a sweep. Across the board, this alternate reality is similarly matched to our own reality. We should be grateful that our reality rejected the notion of Detroit completing the repeat. The league might have burned down.

Task 7:

Kolja Kekkonen is spending his time this offseason working on his offensive abilities. Last season, the Falcons struggled to replicate the kind of high octane offense that they had enjoyed in Season 53. Kolja is working to help bring back that kind of firepower to the Falcons in Season 55. Kolja hasn't worried too much about the SHL draft, noting that he has family in the Buffalo Stampede organization. "Yeah, I kind of already know that I'm gonna be heading that way. I think the manager will do everything he can to make sure that I end up in the Green and Gold. We are family after all". Aside from training for next season, Kolja says he has spent a lot of time on and around a local lake. He enjoys going out on the boat during the day for fun and fishing, and dining along the lake's shores in the evenings.

Task #10 - Poopie

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]