Create Account

S54 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2020, 04:26 PM by crutch.)

Task #1 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

For the Maine Timber, they are planning on releasing an inflatable axe for their home opener next year. It symbolizes cutting down trees, and that is exactly what the Timber are going to do to every single team in the next season. I personally would hang that shit on my wall forever. An inflatable axe? Hell yeah. It also goes super well with the Timber’s branding and probably wouldn’t be that expensive to produce. Having a cheap product to boost the morale of the fans after a maybe disappointing season would be really good in my opinion. Other than that, maybe a wood themed mug for the first 100 fans to the building or something.

Task #7 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
Requirements: 150+ words.

For Jesse Seppanen, the offseason came quick as the Maine Timber were eliminated from the SMJHL Four Star Cup Playoffs before they even began. For Seppanen, he flew back to Finland to continue his training for the SHL Entry Draft. This includes virtual scouting meetings for teams looking to draft Seppanen. Otherwise, he is enjoying the Finnish wildlife and the Finnish countryside. Before the draft, he will return to Maine and continue training for the SHL Entry Draft and showcasing his skills to all the scouts.

For Seppanen, becoming a player that is sought after in the SHL draft is important, as both himself and his player agent know that he possesses the skill to be an elite player in the SHL. With that, both Seppanen and his agent know that there is a lot to prove after the failures of the agent’s previous players. Will Seppanen be a good player in the SHL? Only time will tell.

Task #8 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50 words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).

To me, Keith Lee is probably the dopest name. Especially because he is a great wrestler. Even though Velveteen Dream is kind of under some fire for being a not great person and kinda creepy, respect to TDZ for spending the $$ to change his name to get away from that brand.

B. Strom Chamberlain has been lights out during these playoffs for Anaheim, but Carolina has had no problems lighting up goalies standing in their way these playoffs. Will hot goaltending or hot offense win out these finals?

Honestly, like any playoff series, great goaltending and great offense are both keys to winning the Four Star Cup finals. I’m from the school where defense wins Championships, so I’m going to give the edge to hot goaltending, as a solid defense core can strengthen a solid goalie and help them put on an elite performance.

C. You're in another timeline where Kelowna and Newfoundland are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?

For Newfoundland, they would need their goaltending to be better. The Berserkers are an absolutely stacked team from head to toe, but they underperformed in their series. For Kelowna, they kind of got dismantled in the playoffs but sometimes playoff nerves come, even with an experienced roster. But losing in 5 games is hard to pinpoint on a specific aspect, and rather the entire team needs to be better there.

D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped even get our finalists into the playoffs here. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

The key player for the Kraken would be their goaltender in Frans Eller. He’s a super solid player and TPE earner, and even though the Kraken have had a solid performance from all of their players, I think he’s the key player that puts him over the top. A solid goaltender means everything in playoffs, someone who can keep their composure and lead their team to a Championship win.

69 (nice).

Task #10 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE does NOT round up.

Post that you did the trivia, plus your verification word from the form, in your reply in this thread

verification word: butt

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2020, 09:52 PM by Tylar.)

Tasks Done - 12/12 TPE (3 + 2 + 4 +3)

Code:
Task #7 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

For Slate, offseason is going to have to wait a little bit as he has to prepare for the World Junior Championships. Slate was selected to play for the British Isles. Slate has to report to training camp this week and will be attending practices with his fellow Brits and Irishmen. Slate is going to be looking to build on his impressive playoff showing by helping British Isles win the World Juniors. Slate is looking to hopefully sneak his way into the top six but will likely be playing a third line role for the team. Back to on and off ice training for Slate for a bit.
After the World Juniors Since it will be officially offseason, Liam Slate is going to head back home to Sudbury to hang out with his family. Slate is going to enjoy laying around in the sun and hanging out by his parent’s pool. Slate will also spend a lot of time with his family’s dog Skye a toy-sized miniature Schnauzer. Another thing Slate will be doing is heading out to his family’s cabin in Lake of The Woods. The Slate’s own the cabin and do a lot of tubbing, swimming and fishing on the lakes there.

204 Words

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the Outlaws and Kraken, and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.

Goalie
Strom Chamberlain Outlaws This is the easy pick in net for my dream team as he has a Brodie Witzel Award in S52 under his belt and is a major reason why the Outlaws are in the finals.

Defense
Sven Yxskaft Kraken
Ambacas Cuddles Kraken

I went with two Carolina Krakken for my defense as I believe they are the best defenseman between the two rosters. Cuddles has an impressive 28 shots blocked and 6 pts while Yxskaft came over at trade deadline from the Whalers and has 7 assists in these playoffs.

Forwards
RW - Rhys Pritchard Outlaws– Pritchard has 9 points in 10 games in these playoffs and a 62 offensive game rating and 61 defensive game rating which is pretty impressive.
C – Keith Lee Kraken Lee is probably one of the best players in the entire SMJHL and he should be as he is a former top pick as well as one of the highest TPE earners. He is going up to the SHL this season and his 12 points in 14 games shows he is dominant as well as his 65 offensive game rating.
LW - Kwame Dakari Kraken -Dakari is a point per game player in these playoffs with 14 points in 14 games. He plays behind a star studded first line and has done well for himself.

More Than 100 Words

Code:
Task #8 - 1-4 TPE

A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
Vítek Víteček is my personal favorite name in the championship series. I just like the way it is spelt and the way it sounds. It is kind of almost alliteration but not really. I also like the special C in the name. Overll is it just a cool sounding Czech name that sounds like a hockey player. 
~55 Words

B. Strom Chamberlain has been lights out during these playoffs for Anaheim, but Carolina has had no problems lighting up goalies standing in their way these playoffs. Will hot goaltending or hot offense win out these finals?
I honestly believe Chamberlain can stop the Kraken. Chamberlain has been lights out and also has a past of good player with his Witzel Trophy from S52. He is a winner. Carolina had trouble keeping the puck out of their net, and Frans Eller has struggled especially in rounds 1 and 2 where he let in 9 goals against in a game against Newfoundland. If Chamberlain continues to play the way he is, I think Anaheim’s offense overpowers Eller.
~79 Words

C. You're in another timeline where Kelowna and Newfoundland are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?
For Newfoundland, if they won game 1 which they were unlucky to lose they likely would have made it to the Finals. Newfoundland losing that firs game really put them behind the ball. Newfoundland in this timeline would have more scoring at the right times rather than that one outburst.
For Kelowna, they would have played more offensive and Chamberlain would have had to been cold which is hard to think would happen. The Knights ran into a hot goalie and their defensive game was not in tact, and in this time line they would have their offense back up and running like in the regular season.
~107 Words

D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped even get our finalists into the playoffs here. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?
Jimmy Wagner – The Carolina winger was over a point per game with 53 points which was tied for first in points in the lead, but ultimately he did not have enough goals to win the trophy which instead went to Minamino. Wagner had a offensive game rating of 70 in the regular season which was tied for 2nd highest in the league. Wagner’s offensive prowess has led his team to the playoffs and these finals.

Rikard Hammarberg – The Outlaws center led the team in points with 44 point and an impressive 127 shots on goal. Hammarberg like Wagner had an impressive offense game rating of 67 but had a better defensive game rating of 71 which is one of the best for forwards in the league. Hammarberg could arguably be the best two way forward in the league which is how he led his team into the playoffs and these finals.
~145 Words

Code:
Task #10 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE does NOT round up.
- I did Trivia
Vertification Word: Sad

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Task #6 - 2 TPE
Who would win in a fight between an actual real group of Outlaws (I guess bandit-types based on their logo) and the fabled Kraken? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.
Requirements: 100+ words.

Probably a Kraken. Have you seen the size of those damn things? Not to mention all those arms they have, there would be no possible chance for a gang of Outlaws to defeat a Kraken on normal terms. But I guess it all depends on where the battle is taking place and what exactly do both sides have to offer in terms of fight. Like if we're talking like a battle on water, that would definitely go to the Kraken because of the amount of space and overall area the thing can move around to destroy this gang. If we're talking land, then maybe and I say, just maybe there might be a chance the Outlaws could win, but even then, that would require a good amount of work and planning to take this thing down. Because assuming all these Outlaws have are probably guns and melee weapons, it's probably gonna take a bit before the thing bites the dust, ergo you'd wear it down via traps, obstacles, and other things. So in conclusion, i'd say that in the case it's a water battle and the Kraken is of big and/or mythical size, those bandits are fucked, but it's a land battle with a bit of future planning, the Outlaws could definitely get there and fuck it up.

Task #7 - 3 TPE

Super Sonic is gonna spend his time in the offseason learning how to utilize the angry side inside of him and bringing it to the ice, along with that he's gonna be training certain aspects of his game, It's gonna be a tough road as he needs to grind and work slowly and steadily over this long period of time. The road to fulfillment is long and winding and with SS figuring out who he is, he has a dream that's directed in the ways of settling down with something like this rather than constantly wandering for his new home. Perseverance is something SS truly has and that's what sets him apart from the average viator, no matter what, he's going reach out for the truth and find his way through all of this hockey business. But the real question comes in with how long can he contain his bad side and how long will chaos energy last throughout this trip of events?

Post that you did the trivia, plus your verification word from the form, in your reply in this thread

Sent.

V-word: Golf

Task #8 - 1-4 TPE

Jöörgüštrâäd DuBølk. It's long ass hell and I can't pronounce it in the slightest. The perfect name for the perfect player. Absolutely beautiful name choice for someone in the this series. It's also one of those names where if you were to put it on a blackboard with 1000s of other names, it stick out the most.

Probably hot goaltending. While flashy scoring offenses get the goals, you can't forget that the goalie is the main factor toward everything and every aspect of the game depends on them. With the way Chamberlain has been constantly firing steam off in these playoff games, the Kraken are gonna need a miracle from their goalie to keep the game under control and give the offense enough time to find a counter in Ahaheim's defense plans.

In the case of Kelowna, The Defense probably don't choke on ice and found a way to counter Chamberlain and the offense got more primed for shots that went in against the goalie thus making them move on. As for Newfoundland, they managed to find the power to stay alive in Game 7 and beat the Kraken in a close game.

Frans Eller was a prominent force in getting the Kraken where they are, there were a good sum of games throughout the regular season and in the playoffs where the lad really showed up for the game and made from nice saves that prevented scores. Hopefully, he gets the respect he deserves in the case The Kraken pulls it out.

TOTAL: 12/12

Task #1 - 2 TPE - Graphic
Fan Appreciation Giveaway
[Image: T9qsYqJl.jpg]

Task #3 - 3 TPE - Graphic
Charitable Event
[Image: S6Iuw0zl.jpg]

Task #8 - 1-4 TPE

Best name would have to be Carolina Goalie Blunt Man (@Obsidian311). Not only is it just a great name but I have seen the Kevin Smith movies, mainly Chasing Amy and the Jay and Silent Bob ones as well. I love those movies and those characters are great. It is a subtle but awesome nod to the series. Love the name. (61 Words)

I think the hot goaltending continues for Strom Chamberlain. It feels like he is very comfortable under pressure and handles it well. He has been in the spotlight before so this is nothing new to him. Chamberlain has gone 8-2 with a ridiculous 1.68 GAA and a .942. That says it all right there. (54 Words)

Well first for Kelowna, they would have been able to shutdown the Anaheim offense. This was a key factor to the Knights success all year given the fact they gave up 99 goals on the year. (Best in the league). They would have shutdown Anaheim's top line and stroll into the finals. 
And for Newfoundland, we knew this would be a slugfest given the top two scoring teams in the league. But Newfoundland would have rode on the back of goaltender Cale Amundsen. He is a great goalie that would have taken over this series and shut the opposing team down.  (101 Words)

For Anaheim it is Strom Chamerlain. He may not have been at the top of his game this year. But he has showed up and produced at the times most needed. He has taken his game to a completely other level in the playoffs.
For Carolina it is right winger Jimmy Wagner. Wagner is tied for the most points in the league with 53. He is 3rd in goals with 24 and has contributed on the powerplay with 20 points. His offensive game rating shows he was a major factor in Carolina's success. (93 words)

Task #10 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE

Completed. Verification word- Jumbo

Extra Task Just in case
Task #6 - 2 TPE
Who would win in a fight between an actual real group of Outlaws (I guess bandit-types based on their logo) and the fabled Kraken? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.

If a fight between Outlaws and a Kraken ever came about, I think a Kraken would easily defeat, destroy, eat( or whatever else you want to call it) the Outlaws. First of all, Outlaws are on the run from the law... On Land. They are not fit for a fight on the water. A Kraken would not survive on land so that is not a realistic fight at all as it would die before even getting into a fight. Also the Outlaws mascot is a bunny.... Something a Kraken probably eats as snack. And as a snack it would have to be a bunch of them. So Kraken wins the battle and war here. (114 words)

Claiming 12 TPE

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 10:35 AM by trashae.)

Code:
Task #1 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

On December 22nd against the St. Louis Scarecrows the Knights reached an incredible milestone. We won our 1,000th game in a 4-2 victory. Unfortunately we were on a road trip at the time so the giveaway didn’t happen for a few games, but on December 27th we were finally back in our own barn against Newfoundland. At that game the Knights organization gave all fans a commemorative bobblehead of Knights legend stud. He was instrumental in the early development of the franchise and as a fan favorite the organization felt it was important to give everyone a reminder of where we started.

Words: 102 

Code:

Code:
Task #7 - 3 TPE

This season ended in a very bittersweet way for me. After achieving regular season success beyond my wildest dreams we were able to claw our way tooth and nail past Anchorage only to get eliminated by Anaheim in 5 games. So with cause to both decompress and celebrate I am taking my agent trashae and some of my friends south of the border from Kelowna down to Lake Chelan in Washington to just drink and eat my body weight in American BBQ. After that the rest of my offseason remains unclear and I think I’ll head back east to be with my family during the upcoming SHL draft. After that brief trip home it’s going to be back into the grind for my second rookie season in a new locker room with <insert team name here>. Individual success is great and all, but I came into this league for one thing and one thing only: cups on cups on cups.

Words: 160

Code:

Code:
Task #8 - 1-4 TPE

A. The season began with Anaheim having my personal favorite named player in the entire league, but sadly he quickly went inactive and has since been bounced around to a few different teams as a secondary asset in trades/ getting cut. That man? Bud Light Lime Bud Light Lime. That being said I’m going to stick with Anaheim for my pick here and it’s Hubert Andrews just because I know him personally and that name is stupid. @hughesab
Words: 60

B. After what Strom Chamberlain has done through the first two rounds I really do not see his dominance slowing down let alone stopping. He was instrumental to the complete dismantling that Anaheim handed my Knights and honestly I’m still bitter about it. With all that there is also the defense in front of him blocking shots on shots on shots. Put all three of those factors together and I really don’t see Strom allowing more than 2 GAA this series.
Words: 80

C.For both teams I think a finals appearance needs to start with the momentum both of them lost down the stretch of the regular season. The Laurifer was up for grabs, but both teams spend the last 5-10 games refusing to take the lead and earn it. That lost momentum resulted in both #1 seeds needing 7 games to win their series against 2 teams with losing records. Beyond that for Kelowna it’s a really simple answer: score on Strom and we’re in the finals. Newfoundland’s second round was a little closer so I really can’t pick out one area they got totally shut down, but for both teams the writing was on the wall after they limped across the finish line.
Words: 122

D.For Carolina the answer seems obvious in their trade deadline acquisition of Hanson. After that trade the team found a whole new gear and was able to have a strong second half continuing into the playoffs. Anaheim to me is an equally easy choice if we’re going to highlight one player from the regular season. MVP candidate Hammarberg was able to thrive in his role and the fact that he’s in MVP talks shows just how important he’s been to Anaheim.
Words: 81

Code:

Code:

Verification word: Shaggy

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020, 07:31 PM by Cyanide.)

Task #1 - 2 TPE
Requirements:

For the home game of the season, the Saint Louis Scarecrows front office decided to hand out a team bobblehead to the first 1000 fans. The bobbleheads were a replica of the team photo taken during the preseason. The top bench had the returning crows, while the bottom bench had all of the rookies. What the players didn't realize was that the manufacturer made a slight error. The bobbleheads were missing an eye if they were a centre, a left hand for the wingers, and both legs for the defensemen. At the bottom of the box, the team found a letter saying "This is for not winning last season".

109 Words

Task #7 - 3 TPE

Saint Louis was eliminated in the first round in game 7. After that heartbreaking defeat, Balzams decided that he would go to his hometown of Ape in Latvia to relax. The loss weighted heavily on Balzams. So after finding some comfort in being back home after a long season in the SMJHL, Balzams took to relaxing. Once again he would help his parents on their farm to close out the farming season. Despite it being even more physical labour than hockey, Leonids found some peace in the work he used to do with his family. After that, he would once again practice his skills in hockey with his father. Despite being much better than his father, he always loved to compete against him. When he was not doing either of those, he went to the local junior team to help train and coach the kids. With his newfound experience, he hoped that he would be training the next generation of great hockey players.

163 words

Task #8 - 1-4 TPE

A: Jöörgüštrâäd DuBølk has to be the greatest name by far. I mean look how long this behemoth is. Throw in the fact that it has some sort of accent atop just about every letter in the first name, and you get a name that is able to give just about any teacher a heart attack on the first day of school.

62 words

B: As the crows were eliminated in 7 by Anaheim, I can tell you first hand that hot goaltending will carry. Despite a one game blowout, Chamberlain was unstoppable. The ability to stop just about anything thrown in their general direction is what makes a goaltender elite, and Chamberlain is doing just that.

52 words

C: For Kelowna and Newfoundland to both make it to the finals, I believe that what both teams needed was their goaltender to be perfection, as both Anaheim and Carolina had excellent goaltending. On the other hand if both teams had their offense figure out the opposing goaltender, both teams would have made the finals.

54 words

D: For Carolina to make it to the final they relied on 2 major things. These being their hot goaltender and an offensive onslaught. The Kranken managed to outshoot many of their opponents, allowing them to keep up the pressure on the opposing team. On the other half of the rink, their goaltender stonewalled the opposing teams offense, applying more pressure. These two elements paved the way for their route to the finals.

72 words

Task #10 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE DOES round up, contrary to what the post first said following feedback lol.

Did it. Verification word: qwertyuiop

12/12

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

Task #1 - 2 TPE 101 Words (100+)

The Whalers are holding a fan appreciation day outside of the Pacific Coliseum this coming weekend at our game versus Kelowna and are handing out navy and green rubber whales! These adorable bathtub/pool rubber whales have a white stomach, lined with green and a navy body, with the Whalers crest on its back. It acts just like a rubber duck in launches water out its back. Along with the rubber whale, the Whalers are planning on handing out some navy and green bandanas, some pucks with the Whalers crest, and raffling some Whalers t-shirts, some jerseys and our Vancouver scarves. 

Task #3 - 3 TPE 153 Words (150+)

This year, the Vancouver Whalers banded together and were able to spend a chunk of time advocating and supporting local and global black LGBTQ+ focused charities and small businesses. We raised money for all sorts of charities like the LGBTQ+ Freedom Fund, Equal Justice Initiatives, and Reclaim the Block. Community funds were acquired through raffles, giveaways, or just straight donations to Black Lives Matter Vancouver. This way fans get the satisfaction of being apart of a change in history as well as rep their favourite team. It’s important for us to stand up to systemic racism and be the change. Our next goal is to work with the Black Women Connect Vancouver and black youth groups to supply hockey supplies to low-income families and or sporting facilities. Hockey can be an expensive sport to start, so providing equipment to low-income areas allows more opportunities for those who aren’t able to acquire the equipment.

Task #6 - 2 TPE 137 Words (100+)

Immediately I think the fabled Kraken would absolutely stomp a fight between a group of human bandit-type individuals. The Kraken is simply too mighty, as legend has it, destroying multiple fleets of voyagers, scavengers and merchants across the seas. That is if the fight is at sea. The closer to land the Kraken is, it simply could not stay out of water for too long since its an aquatic creature that depends on water to breathe. If the Outlaws attempting to take down the mighty Kraken were able to essentially beach the beast, they’d have a significant advantage. If they are able to avoid the strong crushing tentacles, with a bit of time, they could beach the Kraken. The fight becomes ten times funnier if you picture a bunch of big chungus taking town a giant octopus.

Task #7 - 3 TPE 154 Words (150+)

This offseason, much like the last one before my SMJHL draft, I will be focusing on training and mentally preparing for the SHL draft. Being a top pick in my last draft, I want to uphold that standard I set for myself and my fellow players. Not only do I want to uphold that standard, but also want to surpass it and be the best I can be. It’s important to balance the hard work, and taking time for yourself to relax and recuperate. Relaxing and destressing for me looks like art, design, anything that is a creative outlet. Creativity has always been a good release in contrast to how intense training and games are. For me to be in the optimal form I need a clear mind in order to do the best I can. I want to be going into this draft with my head held high and ready to kick ass.

Task #8 - 2 TPE 56 Words and 62 Words (50+)

Ambacas Cuddles has the best name of the Carolina Kraken and the Anaheim Outlaws. The contrast of how soft Cuddles is in comparison to the mighty beast, the Kraken is just really humorous to me. A really excited commentator yelling CUDDLES is also way too funny. All around fun and puts everyone in a good mood.

Kwame Dakari of the Carolina Kraken was a key player to the Krakens this season. According to his stats, He got a total of 31 points, kept a +/- of +24, had a relatively low PIM and had the highest shooting percentage of the team’s players. He’ll continue to shine in juniors until he is built up enough for the New Orleans Specters.

Should be a full 12/12 TPE :D

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Task #1: The Colorado Raptors celebrate Fan Appreciation day by giving out a special commemorative Raptor Cup. Originally it looks like the DNA storage device for dinosaur DNA, but when a hot drink is poured into the cup, images of the players pop up inside each of the DNS containers! Fans will love this novelty item, and it even comes with a drink at the snack bar during game. You better be careful though! There is only a limited supply of these cups so arrive early if you want a chance to get this one of a kind item! (Limited one cup per attendee, no purchasing of cup available in the shop)
(110 words)

Task #6: That's an interesting discussion. I had something like this happen in an RPG game recently except it was people with swords instead of possibly guns and I would assume horses. The biggest problem would be depending on the field of battle. Most Bandits would not really be comfortable on water assuming they're the wild west style and outlaws depicted in the logo. If they were to fight the Kraken on water they would have to do with the fact that they couldn't attack the main body. If they could somehow Jack Sparrow a way to blow up the Krakens arms and get it to show its head then they might stand a chance. Otherwise the Kraken will just take down the boat that they're in Dragon Davy Jones Locker. The only way I can see the bandits winning this fight realistically would be if they had some way to trap in a net and drag it into a bay or partially Beach it maybe using a giant net and winches. Which isn't really something you can find in the wild west so I guess I'll have to give this battle to the Kraken either way
(195 words)

Task #7: I'm spending this entire offseason training. I don't expect to play with an SHL team next year so this entire offseason I can dedicate towards training. My first plan is to actually try cross sport training.  I've read a lot about this recently and I believe that plane and training with other professional sports teams like a baseball team or football team would be a good way to train my body. however that won't really help me when it comes to on the field play so I'm hoping I will be able to find time to get together with some of my fellow rookies and we can play some practice drills or something or just mess around. If I can't do that then I suppose I'll focus on my skating and fitness that way.Besides that I plan on watching the game footage of every game that I played this season. Hopefully I can find some time to sit down with some analysts on the team and learn what I really was doing wrong and what I can do to improve. the brain is a muscle just like any other part of the body and must be trained as well.
(200 Words)

Task #8:
  1. Axel Foley
  2. I think hot goaltending is going to be the key factor in who wins this match. Strom has been monster in the goal and I think the Outlaws are going to live or die off of him. They will be able to score just fine against Carolina and my opinion but it's going to come down to the Anaheim goalies able to stop I think is a Powerhouse offense in Carolina.
(71 words)

Task #10: Verification word -> Kappa

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2020, 02:22 PM by TheSparkyDee.)

Task #5 - +3 TPE

- The Detroit Falcons and The Newfoundland Berserkers played in the first round of the SMJHL Playoffs and it was a barn burner. Some games were not close but the rest were back and forth each games. Detroit and Newfoundland should of meet later in the Playoffs, Detroit Falcons forced a Game 7, and couldn’t capitalize after having a lead. Detroit would of meet with the Carolina Kraken who are currently trying to win the Cup. I think Detroit would of beat them out in a best of 7 series. Detroit was one of the hottest teams out there going into the playoffs, and got matched up with I think the best team in the SMJHL. Newfoundland would of matched up with the St. Louis Scarecrows. They wouldn’t of been anywhere near the level of play that Detroit gave the Berserkers. So Detroit would of meet Newfoundland in the semifinals and this is where we should of saw them going head to head. I believe Detroit would of got the best of them 
this time.  

Task #6 - +2 TPE

- So. A Kraken is a legendary cephalopod-like sea monster of gigantic size. According to the Norse sagas, the kraken dwells off the coasts of Norway and Greenland and terrorizes nearby sailors. Authors over the years have postulated that the legend may have originated from sightings of a giant squid that may grow to 40–50 feet in length. That beast sounds terrifying, I do not know how a bunch of Outlaws would matchup against up a giant squid that would grab these outlaws with its many tentacles. Outlaws would have weapons to fight it. You would need rocket launchers, but that technology wasn’t around during the age of the outlaws. 

Task #7 - +3 TPE

- Zakkira Diporov has been enjoying first offseason, he would of enjoyed more playing time with his amazing team. But the Detroit Falcons were eliminated after a heartbreaking Game 7 against the Newfoundland Berserkers. After the game he was going to eat at a local bar and he saw some fans and they told him how much he’s became a great addition to the team. He was drafted in the 6th round so he wasn’t suppose to make a impact at all on this team. He’s happy with his performance throughout the year. But Zakkira Diporov is back home in Russia for a little bit visiting with his family members. He’s been working on his farm where he was asked to leave just a season ago around this time. He will be so happy to go back and play hockey again next season. Lookout for Zakkira Diporov and the Detroit Falcons next year they look to go farther in the playoffs and try to win another Cup! 

Task #10 - +3 TPE 
I did it! Verification code: TheSparkyDee 

TPE Total = +11 TPE

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 03:12 PM by DELIRIVM.)

Task #1 - 2 TPE

WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

Many sailors have spent decades on their respective ships. One of the best ways to pass the time, when not working, was to drown their sorrows in beautiful alcohol. Sailors of old would load casks of alcohol onto their boats. So as an appreciation for the fans of the Whalers sticking with a team going through some growing pain and struggles with a young team. We have decided to surprise them with a somewhat expensive promotional item. The first 2000 visitors to the inaugural game of the S55 season will receive a specially designed vacuum sealed waterbottle - the HYDROCASK! This item will be designed to look like an old alcohol cask that would be loaded onto a whaler's ship. The logo of the Vancouver Whalers will be tastefully displayed on this cask bottle. 

[133 Words]

Task #7 - 3 TPE

What a rough season for the Vancouver Whalers. Daniel Nikiforov saw some great growth, especially near the end of the season, and now has been spending his summer practicing. There is no rest for those that want to be the best. The week after the final game Daniil Nikiforov took a week off to visit some of the more touristy parts of Vancouver he had not gotten to see with his busy schedule. Stanley Island and the Museum of Anthropology stood out most to Nikiforov (he is a bit of a museum nerd). After that week it was right back to work for the young Whalers center. Skating and shooting for two hours a day, lifting for another hour, and going over film with some of the other go-getters on the squad. Nikiforov has realize the SHL draft is on the horizon and will be coming sooner than later, but he has pushed it out of his mind and focused on becoming a better player. Focusing solely on the draft and your future in the SHL will only become a distraction and hurt the growth of a player like Daniil. 

[190 Words]

Task #8 - 1-4 TPE

A. I am quite partial to Linus Grimstad. I think Norwegian names are pretty damn great and Grimstad seems like one of those Might Duck villain names. Maybe we could make Mighty Ducks 4 and have Linus Grimstad be the ultimate villain of the movie. Either way I think that Grimstad has a pretty badass name and would strike fear into the heart of opposing players. 

B. I think it's a pretty hard argument to make either way. I will always err on the side of hot offense taking the win in championship series. A hot goalie can keep you in a game but if you're getting lit up over and over again with shots it's going to be very difficult to keep your team in the game. I think the series really depends on the defensive play of the Anaheim Outlaws. If they can play well it swings it in their favor slightly. 

C. I am much happier with this finals than what could have been simply because it gets an ex-Vancouver player a shot at a cup, but I would say that it would have to be more likely that the Beserkers and Knights offense didn't dry up at the worst time for them. Nothing really would have helped them more than being able to score more goals but we have two teams in Anaheim and Carolina that score a lot and have very solid goaltending.

D. For Anaheim that was surely Ethan Price, Taylor Johansson, and Strom Chamberlain. Without the solid play, and 38 points, of the forwards the team would not have been in the cup today. Chamberlain has been their rock in net all year long. As for the Carolina Kraken, we can point at Jimmy Wagner but when it comes down to it that entire team was red hot all year offensively and their offensive chemistry and gameplan worked to perfection. An absolutely frightening team. 

[Each over 50 words]

Finished the Trivia. Verification word is Niki.

Total TPE: 12/12

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 08:04 PM by Jorec.)

Task #1 - 2 TPE

We can’t tell you just how much we appreciate our fans for sticking with us through these last couple of years but we’re going to try and show you with a one game exclusive collectable to start the season off right. That’s why on the first game of the upcoming season, we will be giving out plushy axes. At just under a foot long, lovingly hand knit and made exclusively in America, every fan in attendance will be able to hold their axes high as we cut our opponents down to size on our way to the play-offs next season.

100 words.

Task #3 - 3 TPE

Coming in from Russia just before the start of the season to join the Timber, Adrik hasn’t had much time to get out into the community and mingle with the people who would be his new fans. With the season now over, he wanted to give back though and show the people of Maine that he is thankful for the chance to play hockey in front of their cheering crowds. What better way to do that then bring over and event that he loved? So, he brought over a charity he had when he lived in Moscow. Borscht for Babies is an annual event he was always looking forward to back home. A full dinner, each course incorporating beets in some way with the main course being borcht. At $250 a plate, all of the proceeds went to charities in the Maine community that benefited orphans and the local services that support them.

151 words.

Task #6 - 2 TPE

This wouldn’t really be much of a contest, as the mighty kraken of legend would easily grab up a majority of the team within seconds and drag them down into a watery grave. Really there isn’t much going for the Outlaws at all. The small caliber guns that bandits would usually carry wouldn’t be effective at all against the thick exoskeleton of the beast and their horses would only provide it with that much more food for him to eat. A fully grown kraken can rip apart a large ship, what is a couple of dozen men on horseback going to do to it?

105 words

Task #7 - 3 TPE

This season wasn’t bad for Adrik Baranov. Being in the top ten in rookie scoring and playing on the first pairing of the Timber was about as good as it was going to get, save for one thing. They didn’t make the play-offs and that means that there is absolutely no chill in him. Adrik knows that he has to get better; he knows that they need to make the play-offs next season. To that end, he’s spending every extra moment he has in the local rink training. With the Timber filled to the brim with more defencively minded players, he knows he’s going to be relied upon to carry a lot of the offence for the team. This means that almost all of his training is to improve his offence. His speed, puck handling, acceleration are all getting better week by week. When he can, he drags in any members of his fellow Timbers in to work on their plays together.

162 words.

Task #8 - 1-4 TPE

Panda Panico of Carolina Kraken has the best name in the final series. In a sea of reasonable sounding, if mostly alliterative names, his evokes a certain image. That image being that of a panicking panda on skates he doesn’t really know how to use, sliding and wobbling around the rink.

51 words

Time and again throughout the history of hockey, it’s been hot goaltending that wins the series. I know I often thing it’s the opposite, that the person with the most effective goal scoring will win out over it. But when some goalies are in the zone, they are simply impossible to beat.

52 words

12 TPE

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Task 1: 2 TPE

Game 3 of the 1st round of the SMJHL playoffs, that saw the St. Louis Scarecrows enter their home stadium tied 1-1 with the Carolina Kraken. That night was selected to be a bobblehead night, and for the first home playoff game it was chosen to be a St. Louis star from this season: Mega Tron. This was no ordinary bobblehead, however, as the figure of Mega Tron had rotating nd moving parts that could fold and bend, opening up the figure to make… a truck? Or a plane? No one in St. Louis is quite sure of the reference they bobblehead creators are making here, but it sure was a hit with the younger St. Louis fans, as well as some of the more nostalgic 90’s kids attending the game. - 131 words

Task 2: 3 TPE

Matchup - the St. Louis Scarecrows vs. the Carolina Kraken, round 1.

Going into this series, many predicted that Carolina would come out cleanly on top. While the regular season series was split, St. Louis had taken most of the first half of the matchups, while Carolina closed out the season much stronger, especially after being buyers at the deadline and bringing in guys like Sven Yxskaft, bolstering their roster. A breakdown of each position further illustrates the point -

Defense: Especially after adding Yxskaft, Carolina had 4 defenseman over 350 TPE, as well as two solid rookie blueline earners in Connor Hutton and Axel Foley. By comparison, St. Louis had 3 defenseman over the 425 cap, but after that it fell off sharply. The Scarecrows boasted one of the top rookies and arguably best rookie defenseman of the S55 draft class, Colin Lambert, but fell far short on TPE afterwards. The edge went to Carolina here.

Goaltending: A clear edge to Carolina. Frans Eller was one of the best goaltenders in the league, and has long been past the 425 TPE cap. In St. Louis, goaltender Nicolae Antonescu was the only rookie from this draft class to earn the starting job this season, and that didn’t come until halfway through the year. Eller has the clear edge in experience and TPE.

Forwards: This is the position where things are a little more comparable, as both teams had a great mix of a stacked top 2 lines and active and high-performing rookies. If any comparison was close to equal for St. Louis, this one was it.

In hindsight, it is at least a positive to take away that ST. Louis pushed the Kraken to a game 7, as Carolina had the clear advantage in terms of raw TPE players. - 286 words

Task 6: 2 TPE

Unfortunately for Anaheim, there aren’t many variables that let a group of bandits take on the mythological Kraken. Completely removing it from the sea, given the assumption that a kraken cannot breathe in air and can only be partially out of the water, would give it the edge here. But in any realistic scenario (a real as it gets when theorizing about a kraken), there is no feasible way to get the kraken out of the ocean, and the outlaws would have to go to it. The ragtag and formidable group of would-be-pirates could commandeer a fleet of ships, but even with the most sophisticated technology we have today (seeing as outlaws probably won’t get their hands on nukes), they will be hopelessly outmatched as the kraken simply destroys or submerges the ships as they come, picking off the outliers as they come across the open water. The only way I could see outlaws beating a kraken is if this is in the DnD universe, and the outlaws have sufficient members with high class levels, to take on a CR 15+ magical beast, depending on the edition. - 187 words

Task 9: 2 TPE
I know this is the latecomer special, but even without a winner yet, I want to make the case for Etan Price. Hey, Giguere won it for Anaheim when they lost, so even if Anaheim comes away without a 4-star cup, unless things seriously change over the next couple of games, Price has put together a top-calibre showing. Tied for the lead in points for these playoffs with Ryuuji Minamino of Newfoundland, Price has played two less games than the Japanese winger. Price also has 4 fewer games than the Kraken’s leading playoff scorer, Kwame Dakari, who has one fewer point, as well as Price being a overall +8 to Dakari’s even 0. The Outlaws have had a more dominant run, and have been offensively ld by Price, who has 6 points on the next highest Outlaws player (Johansson). - 139 words

Task 10: Trivia form complete - 3 TPE(?)
Verification word: Crows

Total TPE claimed: 2+ 3 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 12 TPE
CW Cap: 12/12

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 05:41 PM by sulovilen.)

Task #2 - 3 TPE

Frans Eller or Strom Chamberlain - Who will be victorious?

There are no questions about these two being amongst the very elite of goaltending in the league. But what there are questions about is their commitment to scoring a goal. And frankly, neither of them have really showed up unless they are getting scored on. We here at The Maine Herald are truly disappointed in the lack of effort to the league, and to us getting our fair share of entertainment.

With that being said, neither of them will show up in the offensive end with some clutch goals. How does it look like in their own end, and stopping goals from happening? If we just look at the regular season we can easily see a difference. Strom Chamberlain saved a total of 852 shots. Meanwhile his counterpart in the Carolina goal saved 1044 shots from going in. So clearly Frans is the better goalie. Or is he?

While Frans let 105 pucks past him (pfft, only 105) Strom only let 92 go past him. So where does this leave us? One had more saves. One had less goals scored on. To be honest with you, we don’t know. The games will show who will stand victorious lifting the cup over their head, and who will limp away with tears in their eyes after failing to score a single goal in the postseason.
(223 words)

Task #3 - 3 TPE
[Image: o8q7vHx.png]

Task #5 - 3 TPE

A different world

What if round 1 would in the Eastern conference would have instead been St. Louis facing Detroit? All the match-ups so far on that side of the bracket has ended in 4-3 wins. It goes to show just how close these teams have been. So what if St. Louis, who lost 4-3 to the Kraken, would play Detroit who lost with the same score against Newfoundland in the 1st round of the playoffs?

Just looking at the regular season, Detroit really had their number in this match-up. 6-2 in favour of the Michigan team. But, what is curious about it is the Goal Difference over those games. Only a +6 in GD over 8 games where you win 6 of them shows that the games were put pretty close. 

It’s really hard to say who would stand victorious. But it isn’t a huge upset to say that Detroit would’ve been at least a step closer to defending their title.
(159 words)

Verification word: abuse

12/12 TPE

[Image: sulov.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2020, 10:37 AM by kikish18.)

Task #1 - 2 TPE
Requirements:

Well I handed my idea to head office but they turned it down because of health hazards and risk and cost! The little tin shields (inside few construction elements out of wood or something as a carcass) and steel sword (metal cane a like). Main idea is that when fans want make a noise they could hit that sword against shield. Tin shit should be loud only I haven’t figured out the the sword thing to absolutely safe! If that thing would be given out at the start of playoffs I can bet that we would have won the championship this season!

Task #7 - 3 TPE

Kelowna Knights have finished the season bit earlier than we thought so I got spare week before driving home. (Had idea to hire construction workers to fix my apartment in Calgary. Since I though we will play in finals I added that to workers schedule. I wanted to drive to US and A to find few restaurants where to fill my hungry belly but things around covid made to change my mind. I can’t just sit and do nothing or play games all day. I have to put out my energy out. Same amount of hard work I do every day on ice  - training days or game days. My nana was professional sewer and we had really good communication. She said I look like grandpa and that I’m even better than him on ice but that’s rather else story. She taught me how to sew and that’s why I suggested to volunteer work in Kelowna local sewing manufacture to make different kind of face masks to overcome this hard period in our lives.

Task #8 - 1-4 TPE

(Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn – I don’t know but I find ridiculously funny his name. The Andrei or Kostitsyn isn’t very funny but his (first name?) “clean” is absolutely a marvel. Every time I read it I do a little giggle. His personality is marvel too. I imagine his “clean” Russian accent too.

Haha! Tricky question. Thing is hot goaltender can shut down offense while hot offense can shut down goaltender. In my opinion none of them won’t be deciding game for real. Of course when offense burns out it is not so huge tragedy when goalie would burn out. I think games will be decided by Ambacas Cuddles or James LeBlond. These are key defensemans. Their game could switch thing all over the place.

Bringing brooms for first 4 games against Armada. Outlaws saw that we can lose. We were not so feared than in season when we were killing machine. Problem started few games before regular season end when we lost consistency. Probably we felt that sea is just our knee-deep. Dominance all time long is important. Then mental does the rest.

Strom Chamberlain is definitively reason why Anaheimn has gone so far. He is hot prospect and winner type person. Kelowns goalie line is similar. He could be perfect fit. He is similar to Civian and Peter. Kraken is good overall but goalie line is not so confident. I’d like to say good words for Knight and Dakari. They have great chemistry between themselves and usually it works in regular season but they are plowing Play Off too.

Verification word: I<3U

12/12 TPE

Code:
Task #1 - 2 TPE

During game 7 of the finals, the Kraken will be handing out Kraken bobbleheads, with bobbleheads of the opposing team! Wait, promoting the other team? NO! The Kraken will be holding the opposing team's players' severed heads in each tentacle! The model will be a life-like Kraken that holds a head of four different Kraken players. How'd we decide on these players to feature? Well, whoever cost the Outlaws the game gets memorialized forever in this unique bobblehead. (Bobblehead 4 attachment will be picked up at a later date after we figure out who screwed up the most during game 7).

Why game 7? Well duh, the Kraken are amazing at them. We know what it takes to win, and damnit we're going to!

Code:
Task #3 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.

It's not often that we have money, time, and exposure to make sure that our favorite charities get put into the spotlight.

This season we're taking an in-depth look and supporting the charity ADAA, or the Anxiety and Depression Association of America.

So many individuals including myself battle with anxiety and depression and it's often thrown to the wayside as there are no outward symptoms. No one can look at a person and deem them okay or not.

So, what we're doing is holding charity events that are full of information, with people to talk to! Come talk to people that are currently suffering from anxiety and depression, individuals that are experts in the fields of therapy and medicine, and people who have overcome their mental barriers.

Superstar Vincent Wolfe will be sharing his experiences and what has worked for him, his own personal emergence from feeling down despite his outward successes!

Code:
Task #7 - 3 TPE

The off-season is always a tough time, and this season is even tougher for me. Right now we're in the midst of the finals and it looks like we're headed into yet another game seven. That will be a total of 21 games played in the postseason, on top of the 50 we've played in the regular season. As much as I love hockey, that's a lot of energy spent.

I plan on recuperating with the cup by my side, as all the pain leaves your body when you get to touch it. Then I plan on getting ready for the SHL draft interviews. I'm a bit nervous because I came in a bit late, but my agent has been trying to make sure that everyone knows I'm available.

I'm ready to head anywhere and help out, but I know I'll be here with the Krakens for a bit. And that's great because this team is amazing.

Code:
Task #8 - 1-4 TPE

It's hard to say if offense or defense will be better, but I think in the end it all comes down to team play. Carolina has played more games this season and will take it to Strom. Knight and Dakari are going to hoist the world on their shoulders, and then the cup.

Code:
Task #10 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE DOES round up, contrary to what the post first said following feedback lol.

Pencil

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**