Create Account

SFP Unveil New Record Book And Team Awards
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2020, 01:26 PM by Grapehead.)

[Image: FYxp7s8.png]

S54 was the 30th season for our franchise, and I always like to mark these occasions by shining light on our history. We’ve maintained an all-time scoring sheet that was updated seasonally, but with the switch to FHM, and the need to adjust the formulas on the existing spreadsheet, I set out to build a new sheet. I wanted to take the opportunity to create a sheet that would be easier to update each season, and one that would highlight franchise records in addition to career scoring totals. This deep dive into the scoring records of our team uncovered lots of interesting details, and I thought it might be nice to share some of our initial record holders.

Most Goals In A Season:

Piotr Czerkawski set a franchise record with 33 goals in S53, and broke Chernika Banananov’s previous record of 30 which had stood since S33. Czerkawski is the only player to reach the 30 goal mark since the team moved from Portland to San Francisco.

Most Assists In A Season:

Charlie Schieck’s 42 assists in S52 is the current best, and the only time a player has posted 40+ assists for the franchise. Charlie is also tied with Geronimo Otto for the 2nd most assists in a season, with 36.

Most Points In A Season:

This record is shared by Chernika Banananov and Geronimo Otto, who both posted 59 point seasons, in S33 and S40 respectively. Geronimo Otto holds 4 of the top 10 single season point totals for the franchise.

Most Powerplay Goals In A Season:

Leopold Lockhart potted 12 goals on the powerplay during S52, which beat out Buster Killington’s former record of 11 set back in S27. A long time between the only two seasons in which a player hit double digits in this category.

Most Powerplay Assists In A Season:

Jack Tanner’s held this record since S41, when he had 14 assists on the man advantage. Several players have recently come close, but have ultimately fallen short of this mark.

Most Powerplay Points In A Season:

Jack Tanner also holds this record, with 22 powerplay points in S41. Leopold Lockhart only added 6 assists in S52 to his record 12 goals, leaving him short of Tanner’s total. Tanner’s 8 goals in S41 is tied with 4 other players for 4th most.

Most Shorthanded Goals In A Season:

Geronimo Otto scored 3 shorties in S41, and that still stands as the most in team history. Interesting to note that Otto’s S41 total is the most recent in the top 5 for this category.

Most Shorthanded Assists In A Season:

Viktor Svensson assisted on 4 shorthanded goals back in S30, which beat the previous best of 3. Like with the previous category, the top 5 here has no representation from the most recent seasons.

Most Shorthanded Points In A Season:

Svensson’s 4 assists also give him the most shorthanded points recorded in a season. Again no representation from recent seasons, which indicates that the team may be using different penalty killing tactics now. Geronimo Otto did hit 3 shorthanded points twice in his career though.

Best +/- In A Season:

Geronimo Otto posted a +27 rating in S38 during SFP’s President’s Trophy winning season. Marc-Andre Malkin is a close 2nd with a +25 rating in S34, and the closest recently was when linemates Czerkawski and Brogen both posted a +23 in S53.

Most SOG In A Season:

Chernika Banananov’s 250 shots on goal in S33 might be one of the safer records on this list. Recently Czerkawski posted 226 SOG, but given the defensive orientation of the team I think it’s safe to say Banananov will continue to hold this record.

Best SHT% In A Season:

To qualify for this record a player must have taken at least 100 SOG. When taking that into consideration, Jeff Brogen’s 17.54% in S46 is astounding. Brogen appears twice more in the top 10 for this category, including S54 season with 15.30%.

Most Shots Blocked In A Season:

Mattias Holmberg put himself in front of 128 shots during S31, the most in team history, and 10 more than Jack Tanner’s 2nd best 118 in S44. Ray Bork’s 110 in S54 is the only recent season, suggesting the team either doesn’t block shots as much anymore, or they’ve spread the duty around more.

Most Takeaways In A Season:

This stat has only been tracked in FHM, so the record is of course skewed, but nonetheless Charlie Schieck is the current record holder with 41 in S54. Will be a more interesting record to watch when we have more than 2 seasons of data.

Most Hits In A Season:

Jacob Renninger set the record in S42 with a whopping 197 hits dished out on the opposition. Renninger was always such an energetic player so I'm not surprised to see him here. Also no surprise to see Kelly Rivet in the #2 spot.

Most Giveaways In A Season:

Like Takeaways, this stat only began being tracked in S53. Jeff Brogen had a whopping 61 giveaways in S54, the next highest total being Ray Bork with 37 also in S54.

Most PIM In A Season:

Here’s a record with little recent representation which I’m pleased about. Andris Bukss reached 101 PIM in S29, and hopefully that record is never broken. I would’ve expected Dakota Reid to be higher, but her highest PIM total was 89 in S44 which ranks 8th.

Most Fights Won In A Season:

Jack Tanner and Richard Metcalf Jr have both posted 3 wins in a season, in S46 and S51 respectively. Another record list I’d expect to see Reid on, but she doesn’t appear in the top 10.

Most Wins In A Season:

Onto the goalie records. Jeff Kirkstone’s 30 wins in S38 still stands as the record, despite the team winning two President’s Trophies since then. Partridge posted 29 wins in the first of those trophies in S50, and in S52 young Patrice Nadeau earned some extra starts which ate into Partridge’s win total.

Best GAA In A Season:

To qualify for this record a goalie must have at least 10 GP. S35 was a coming out party for Kyle Wahlgren, and the 2.21 GAA he posted is the franchise record by a mile. This is also coincidentally the only goalie record with 5 unique players in the top 5 ranking (Wahlgren, Kirkstone, Partridge, Venables, and Harter).

Best SV% In A Season:

To qualify for this record a goalie must have faced at least 200 SHA. Jeff Kirkstone posted an identical 0.923 SV% in S37 and S38, which tops this category. This is a much more tightly contested record than the GAA, and I expect it will be broken before that record is.

Most Minutes Played In A Season:

This franchise has always tended to lean on one goalie, but they never leaned quite as much as their inaugural season. Nikita Nevzorov manned the goal for a total of 2,737 minutes that season.

Most Shots Against In A Season:

Chris Partridge holds the record here with 1,662 shots faced in S44, and he has the 2nd spot with 1,617 SHA. The team appears to have gotten better at suppressing shots, with S44 being the most recent season on this top 5.

Most Shutouts In A Season:

Jeff Kirkstone, Kyle Wahlgren, and Chris Partridge share this record, all having recorded 4 shutouts in a single season. Kirkstone and Partridge round out the top 5 with 3 shutouts a piece.

Most Losses In A Season:

S32 was a franchise low as far as total points go, and that was a cause or result of Tyler No Nerves posting a franchise worst 33 losses that season.

Most Overtime Losses In A Season:

Nikita Nevzorov and Chris Partridge share this record with 8 overtime losses. Not the worst record to have because those extra points can make the difference.

Most Goals Against In A Season:

Chris Partridge allowed 168 goals in S41, his first season as the starting goalie. It’s no shock to see Partridge all over these records, even the negative ones, because he played in more games than the next 3 goalies after him combined (522 GP vs 512 GP = Kirkstone 215 GP, Nevzorov 162 GP, Nadeau 135 GP).

Now onto my next announcement: new team awards! It’s been a topic of several internal management discussions over the seasons, but for one reason or another hasn’t come to fruition until now. 

Kelly Rivet Trophy - This trophy will be awarded to the player who earns the most points in our internal daily 3 Star list over the course of a season. The trophy is named after long-time captain Kelly Rivet, and is meant to honour players who continually step up their game to help drive the team to victory. Kelly was known to do just about a little of everything when he stepped onto the ice, but he was also known for answering the bell when the Pride needed him most. In San Francisco the name Rivet inspires confidence, in fans and players alike, and we know that this trophy will be a special honour players look forward to.

Chris Partridge Trophy - This trophy will be awarded to the player selected by their teammates via a vote. We’re expecting that the players will use this award to honour one of their colleagues who best exemplify the spirit of comradery. Chris Partridge was one of the most loyal teammates we’ve had the pleasure of playing with in San Francisco, and while he wasn’t the most outspoken person he always represented the Pride with class and composure. Winners of this trophy will know emphatically that they’ve earned the respect and admiration of their team.

Tweedledunn Trophy - This trophy will be awarded to the player who the GMs deem to have had the best contributions to the multimedia aspects of the league and/or team. Our only trophy named for a user, and that’s for a couple of reasons. First of all, tweedle has two of the top 10 point scorers in franchise history, and how do you pick just one? Secondly, tweedle has done so much to help in the promotion of the team and that is what this trophy is about. With this trophy we’ll be looking to honour users on our team who have made great contributions to the team or league, through their written or graphic skills, or a user who has stood out as a champion for the team in another way.

Jack Tanner Trophy - This trophy will be awarded to the player who the GMs deem to have had the best on-ice contributions to the team. Whether it’s offense or defense, Jack Tanner has always been capable of handling the situation. Our only trophy named for an active player, and that’s because I really don’t know if Jack will ever stop playing. Recently Tanner took the franchise lead in points, and that’s impressive for a defenseman indeed. We’ve always been able to count on Jack to bring his A game, and with this trophy will be looking to honour a player who has a standout season on the ice as the team MVP.

These trophies will be awarded for the first time at the conclusion of S55! That’s all of our announcements for now, but stay tuned for our next historic milestone when we celebrate our 20th season in San Francisco in S56!

Shoutout to all those with players mentioned in the article. In no particular order: @majesiu @Beaver @tweedledunn @Snuffalupagus @PeanutButter @ej27 @hockeyis87 @MyLittleHexx @Flowseidon @Lazyeye @Wally @GCool @Mackkz @JumpierPegasus

Code:
Ready to grade - word count: 1900

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Wow shocked not to see Nevzorov with most losses in a season. Guess he was the GOAT

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

06-26-2020, 01:20 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: Wow shocked not to see Nevzorov with most losses in a season. Guess he was the GOAT

I only realized today that Nevzorov was your player smh

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

06-26-2020, 01:22 PMGrapehead Wrote:
06-26-2020, 01:20 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: Wow shocked not to see Nevzorov with most losses in a season. Guess he was the GOAT

I only realized today that Nevzorov was your player smh
I try not to advertise his... Career...

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

i miss snuffs a lot, good to see his legacy for the admirals/pride franchise is being rewarded
@tweedledunn getting that award too is pretty sweet and beaver is the man as well

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Great stuff!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2020, 02:35 PM by takethehorizon.)

Awesome job! I'm coming for some of those records  Cool

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

wow hi @Beaver

Dakota Reid trophy for being a goon

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

This is great!

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

wowza proud to be included with all these goats

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Honestly, I'm more proud of my 128 block season that Holmberg got over the two cups he won

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

[Image: EJZajUx.gif]

06-26-2020, 03:46 PMteztify Wrote: wow hi @Beaver
:o

hi @teztify

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab