Create Account

S54 SMJHL PT #6 - MVPs

Historically, some of the most exciting teams to watch have been led by dynamic duos. Noteworthy pairings like Kobe and Shaq, Jordan and Pippen, Ovi and Backstrom, and for the Anaheim Outlaws, Ethan Price and C.T Carragher played of one another’ strengths to make history. By the end of the season Price and Carragher had accumulated a combined 68 points. Many of these were generated off of Carragher takeaways, giving Price the space he needed to break out his silky mitts. These two also shared defensive responsibilities, each ending the season with 50 blocked shots apiece and a combined 40 takeaways. Lines that have players with different playing styles are a necessity, and finding the right combinations is an art but it is clear that Anaheim’s top line is doing something right. No doubt their transition game has given opposing goalies nightmares during the regular season and we’ll see if this duo can continue this high level of play into the postseason.

The best line I've seen play this season in the SMJHL is actually one from my own team. The second line of the Newfoundland Berserkers has been incredible, and in the few instances I've had to play alongside any of those guys on a line change, it's been a privilege and a great measuring stick. Sure they play easier matchups as a second line than a first line comparable might, but make no mistake, these guys aren't simply riding that benefit. You don't dominate the way they did on matchups alone - these guys were the most dangerous line in the SMJHL this season. Led by Ryuuji Minamino, who topped the league with 53 points in 50 games, the second line delivered on many nights for Newfoundland. With Matthew Forrester, an unbelievably talented set-up man who recorded 38 assists this season in the middle, and Patric Twist on the other wing, the Berserkers second line would be a top line on nearly every team in the league, and you could argue they should be on Newfoundland, as well.

Code:
Words: 177

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.