Create Account

Knox Booth & Free Agency
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 12:26 PM by Tate.)

Well, here I am, amid a playoff stretch and on the horizon of free agency. I had no intention of creating a post like this but since I have seen others do it and it’s an opportunity for me to earn some money I figured, “Why not?” The world of goaltending is a tough one in any sim league and the SHL is no different. When I created a goalie at the start of my career, I had many tell me not to do it. For one, it’s a tough market in that there is a lot of competition to go against. For two, it’s a stressful gig that has many highs and lows and not a lot last in it. But I’ve made it this far, and the great thing is that I still have plenty to go.

In the SHL I’ve only called one team my home and I’m not going to lie – I’m damn proud of it. I’ve come to love the Panthers so much that I wish I could buy a jersey (we’ve discussed it in the LR) and I’ve gone out of my way to create the team in NHL20 so I can watch myself play in front of me. Such pretty colors centered by a fantastic logo, and the team itself is so wonderful that it makes the brand all the more desirable. But as of this writing, I don’t have a contract for next season, and I also have a backup behind me who is more than capable of stealing my job. So, let’s take a look at the teams that make up the Simulation Hockey League and the likelihood of Knox Booth joining their ranks.

(Note - I’ve decided to list them in the order they appear on the website)

1. Platoon
GM Team: @JR95 @Glyc
Current Tender:Luca Del Vecchio

One of the constant themes you’ll find in my write up today is my lack of communication with general managers of other teams. I’m not a big discord user so it’s not like you’ll find me often online. I prefer doing most of my communicating through forums so when I say that I haven’t chatted with JR95 or Glyc, it’s hardly an exaggeration at all. But this isn’t necessarily about knowing the people who sign you, it’s about opportunity, and I do see some opportunity to step into front of the net of the Platoon. It was a down year in Baltimore, the team finished the season with a win/loss record of 15-33-2 and had one of the highest amounts of goals allowed at 181. That being said Del Vecchio does have a good amount of TPE under his plate (987) and is controlled by none other than Zoone16 – a true veteran when it comes to the league and a person who no doubt has an idea of how to build a winner. Zoone was actually one of the first people who contacted me when I joined because he had interest in drafting Knox Booth in the SMJ, only to be beat to it by the Colorado Raptors. It would appear as though the Platoon have their goalie of today and of the future, but that’s never stopped someone from going in a different direction. I like to consider myself a betting man, and if I had to make a bet today, I don’t think the Platoon make a pitch for Booth’s services.

Probability: Doubtful

2. Stampede
GM Team: @WannabeFinn @Tomen
Current Tender: Elizabeth Doyle

Ever since I’ve been a member of the SHL, I’ve known the Stampede to be a powerhouse. It seems like a team that has the right system in place that keeps it a consistent winner, and it also seems like a team that knows how to build a truly united locker room. There are many proud players in the SHL, but at times I hear Buffalo call out the most. I recently did a podcast where I talked about my good friend Renomitsu and how he ended up being drafted by Buffalo, and how out of all the teams out there I expected Buffalo to take him. They know talent, and they know how to get it. I’ve had some interactions with the general manager, shared a locker room with one of them, and know them to be good people- so it’s of little surprise to see them have the success that they do. Currently, they have an all-star user as their tender in Elizabeth Doyle. Evok has multitudes of accolades and has accomplished a TPE amount of 974 as per Evok’s last update. Not only that but the Stampede were far and away one of the best teams this season and stand poised to go deep in the playoffs, so I can’t see the sense in them switching direction for little ol’ me.

Probability: Highly Unlikely

3. syndicate
GM Team: @Velevra @O4L
Current Tender: Tibuk Soonika

Out of all the brands in the SHL, I tend to hear of the Syndicate’s being one of the least favorite, and that’s not the name- it’s the logo. I always found that odd because for me they are one of my favorite brands by far and it was a team I had interest in joining when I first created. But even back then I knew my odds were slim because they had Tibuk Soonika in net and he is a goalie that I still very much admire. Not only does he have a badass name, but he lives up to his reputation as one of the strongest options the SHL has in net. Chicago has also risen in the ranks and proved themselves to be a dominant force, and with many more seasons of Soonika ahead I can’t see them even giving me a sniff. When it comes to the general managers I see an absolute legend in Velevra, a user I almost got to draft in the VHL (as an AGM, I didn’t have final say) and a person who knows how to build winners wherever he goes. I think the only chance I’ll ever have in becoming a member of the Syndicate is when I re-create, and as any type of player other than a goalie.

Probability: Slim AF

4. Steelhawks
GM Team: @Hallsy @Gwdjohnson
Current Tender: Geezus Kryyst
Well hello there the other most powerhouse team I’ve known since my introduction to the SHL many seasons ago. The Steelhawks are a bit infamous, and pretty much responsible for us switching to FHM. Clearly they are run by very intelligent and cunning general managers, and individuals who will find a way to win. I don’t have a lot of experience with Hallsy but I have gotten to know gwdjohnson (when he recruited me to Canada) and I’ve liked him a whole lot ever since. Hamilton has consistently been a dominant team and they are a team to fear when it comes to the playoffs. This is the first team that I look at and see potential to play for, and I know that seems wild when they have a tender in the form of the lord and saviour Geezus Kryyst, but the user seems to be a bit inactive and the goalie is well into regression. Does Hamilton look for a fresh start in Knox Booth? Possibly. Would Knox Booth look great in blue and white? Always.

Probability: So you’re saying there’s a chance? Lloyd Christmas style.

5. Rage
GM Team: @JayWhy @luketd
Current Tender: Peter Larson

Manhattan is a great team and while I don’t know JayWhy very well, I’ve come to really like luketd. I remember when I first started out that luketd showed a lot of interest in my early media and made me feel welcome on the site. I see him as a leader and a person who I am sure would be great to share a locker room with. I also happen to absolutely love the real-life city of Manhattan, as one of the best vacations I ever took was going to that city. I ended up staying steps away from Times Square and I often have dreams of being back there, living there, and just overall fantasize about New York. With that said, I cannot see a possibility where they go a different direction in net. Peter Larson (Tomasnz) is a fantastic team mate and a person I’ve spent time talking to on Discord. He’s clearly created a great goalie and while he may not update as much as I do, he ain’t going anywhere anytime soon. But hey, this is a sport of competition and maybe the Rage look for an option in net that will still be a force for years to come, and you can find that in me.

Probability: Not Likely

6. Wolfpack
GM Team: @Ace @hotdog
Current Tender: Benjamin Blue

For as much as Ace takes heat on this site, I just cannot relate to it. Ace was one of the first members I talked to and I really, really like him. He’s just been a great ambassador for the site from my perspective and I’d play for him any day. His counterpart in hotdog is equally fantastic. The hot of the dog is a pleasure to chat with and I think it’s members like him who help the SHL succeed in the way that it does. In terms of how New England did this year, I think they fared well and although there was that explosive media down by their former goalie, they made a good move in bringing Benjamin Blue into the fold. Had I not just read the fact that Blue would be retiring next season I would have no thoughts of joining the Wolfpack, but now that has changed. I look at a winning team with fantastic leadership and I can see Knox Booth as a part of it- the only question is, do they? Time will tell come free agency.

Probability: We might have something here

7. Barracuda
GM Team: @MCP_
Current Tender: Johannes Leitner

It’s been a rough season in Tampa and one that went without a win. There’s also been some drama in that the tender they traded for went nuclear and retired. I guess it’s tough when your former team moves you out and you don’t see the kind of success you want to. Unfortunately, I don’t know a whole lot about MCP, but that’s never stopped me before. I look at the team and see potential for greatness, but they’re going to need to make a few moves and making sure that they get a top-notch goalie is one of them. I can absolutely see the Barracuda knocking on my door and I’m not one to snub my nose at anyone. I’m a true team player, and willing to put in the work to help a team succeed. If I was management in Tampa Bay, I’d be jumping at the chance to get a hold of me. So let’s see if that happens, shall we?

Probability: Now we’re talking

8. Stars
GM Team: @ml002 @UrsinZ
Current Tender: Harry Carpet

Hello to the team that drafted me, only to trade me away the very next day. It’s okay, I got to write some good media about it and for a day of my career I got to play for a team that I wanted to when I first arrived. I’m a Toronto fan in real life, and for the most part I try to play for Toronto teams in any sim leagues that have them. But on this team is one of the best tenders in the SHL, and just an all-around wonderful person in Carpy. There is no way in hell they try to bring me back. (Love you Carpy)

Probability: When hell freezes over

9. Dragons
GM Team: @Steelhead77 @Mike Izzy
Current Tender: Kata Vilde

When I first came across this site, Calgary was and still is one of the top teams to be a part of. Much like the Stampede, they have a strong unit and seem to be consistent in building a winning culture. I may not know Steelhead77 all too well but a member that I truly appreciate is Mike Izzy. Just like Ace, he’s a guy I cannot understand the negativity that gets directed at him. Izzy is a wonderful user for this site in that he is passionate and goes out of his way to make others feel welcome. Izzy has been one of the users who regularly comments on my stuff, and I see him as a true captain and leader on this site. I don’t care what anyone says, I’d play for him. Calgary is a great team, and one that the Panthers are currently battling against in the playoffs. They have a good goalie in Vilde and are not likely looking to replace Kata in anyway. But hey, who knows? Anything in this world is possible, and so while I don’t see a chance for me to don the Dragons jersey, I don’t rule it out.

Probability: Doubtful

10. Blizzard
GM Team: @Keygan @TommySalami
Current Tender: Emiko Spector

The Blizzard are a dominant team and when you look at the roster, it’s easy to see why. They put together a respectable season with a win/loss record of 29-18-3 and are poised to go deep in the playoffs yet again. I don’t know Keygan or Tommysalami at all, but I know of them, and haven’t a bad thing to say. One of the users that I do know quite well is their goalie, Emiko Spector, who was my mentor in the PBE and also went out of her way to help guide me when I first arrived in the SHL. Spector is a fantastic goalie and one who the sim seems to like, so I can’t see a scenario where the Blizzard make a push to add Knox Booth. With that being said, I know we’d make a hell of a good tandem if they did.

Probability: Very unlikely

11. Panthers
GM Team: @Wasty @Mook
Current Tender: Knox Booth

Hello, my home, hello my loves. I’m so glad that Wasty made the trade to bring me in and I know that had I told him that I knew the Toronto Stars were going to draft me that he would have moved up to get me. I have a great relationship with the team and one that is likely going to continue for the rest of my career. This is a locker room that goes out of its way to make you feel special and I have a hard time imagining what it would be like to play for another group. The only hitch in the road is that of my backup, Nolan McMahon, a very deserving player who could be a number one for any team and a goalie who outperformed me during stretches this year. I’m a competitive guy, and I can tell you now that if McMahon is back next season- I won’t be. It’s him or I, Panthers, make your choice.

Probability: Match made in heaven

12. Chiefs
GM Team: SpartanGibbles
Current Tender: Markus Tegernako

I haven’t spent a whole lot of time tracking the Minnesota Chiefs this season and it would appear as though it wasn’t an easy road for them. With a win/loss record of 13-34-3, it would appear as though they need some help. Now, I may not have spoken a whole lot to SpartanGibbles but I can tell you that he has a great podcast with one of the coolest names out there. In terms of the goalie they seem to be in a good spot with Tegernako, and so it’s doubtful that they’re looking for a spot to fill in net. I can’t see Knox Booth being a priority for the Chiefs, but stranger things have happened and maybe they take a chance on me?

Probability: Unlikely

13. Specters
GM Team: @JKortesi81 @TheDangaZone
Current Tender: Aleister Cain

Dominant team with the best goalie in the league, hands down. Not a chance I go to New Orleans. Zero of all zero chances. Not even worth a write up other than to say that JKortesi81 makes an effort to reach out to his players and make them feel at home. I know they took a ton of flack last year for the playoffs, but I believe that they have a good thing going on and wish them well.

Probability: Never going to happen

14. pride
GM Team: @Grapehead @DaftRaincloud
Current Tender: Ian Venables & Patrice Nadeau
Much like the Chiefs I haven’t spent a whole lot of time tracking the Pride this season, but what I do see is an up and coming tandem that they’ve decided to build around. Pride looks like a team on the edge of breaking out, and I can’t see them switching gears for a goalie like me.

Probability: Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense

15. Renegades
GM Team: @dankoa @Jearim
Current Tender: White Goodman

Texas had a respectable season with a win/loss record of 26-19-5 and seem to be in a comfortable spot in net with good ol’ White Goodman back there. The question they have to ask themselves is signing a goalie like Knox Booth going to take them to the next level? Like a lot of general managers in this league, I don’t know dankoa or Jearim well, or at all, but that doesn’t stop me from having a conversation with them. Much like the Pride they seem to be on a good trajectory so it’s likely they don’t stray from the course.

Probability: Can’t see it happening

16. Jets
GM Team: @Muerto @StadiumGambler
Current Tender: Vivian Leblanc

So to finish off this extensive media, I see another opportunity in front of me. I don’t know Muerto very well but I do know StadiumGambler from my days as a Raptor and he is a user I really like. SG is very thoughtful, calculated, and a person I would play for any day so it would be of no issue for me to join the team. I look at the Jets season and with a less than stellar win/loss record I could see them searching for a more stable option in net. The only thing is their goalie is Vivian Leblanc and the user for said goalie is the GM, Muerto. I was initially surprised to see that Muerto hasn’t updated Leblanc in sometime, but you don’t need a whole lot of TPE to be truly effective. Does Muerto put aside his own player and sign Knox Booth to take them to the next level? It’s hard to imagine, but again, anything is possible. (Correction - Muerto is not the user for Leblanc, but I feel like I should keep the original write up to give context to comment below)

Probability: Definitely could happen

So, there you have it, my thoughts on the teams and potential chances for landing spots of Knox Booth. I for one can’t wait to see what happens, but for any team thinking of making a move I can tell you one thing- plan on having me long term.

3170 words

[Image: f7IGJw3.png]
[Image: UFYQyLU.png]

Thanks for the kind words Tate

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Cheers man. Good luck w/ whatever path you choose!

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2020, 07:00 PM by Blastmeaway.)

oooohhhh tater thanks for the words. ngl, Booth > Cain suggit USA. Czechia

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

06-29-2020, 07:00 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: oooohhhh tater thanks for the words. ngl, Booth > Cain suggit USA. Czechia

Suck my golds

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2020, 07:07 PM by roastpuff.)

Hey @Tate just wanted to correct you - the Winnipeg Jets Goalie Vivian Leblanc's (who is indeed IA) user is @Psanchez55 not Muerto, whose, player is Goku Muerto.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

06-29-2020, 07:07 PMroastpuff Wrote: Hey @Tate just wanted to correct you - the Winnipeg Jets Goalie Vivian Leblanc's (who is indeed IA) user is @Psanchez55 not Muerto, whose, player is Goku Muerto.

Whoops! My bad... probability now increases Wink

Shutoutkinguuuu!

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Everything you wrote about WInnipeg is wrong

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

challenge accepted pride

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

06-29-2020, 07:38 PMMuerto Wrote: Everything you wrote about WInnipeg is wrong

You gonna make it right?

06-29-2020, 07:38 PMMuerto Wrote: Everything you wrote about WInnipeg is wrong

Hey he got your co right

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

I enjoy reading these kinds of articles.
We already kind of knew from the beginning there was almost no chance for you to stay in Toronto very long (it was an interesting story nevertheless) and I think in general it's really difficult to create a goalie here as a new player and find a permanent home. You probably will have yours in LA, but who knows maybe something else will come up. Thanks for the nice words anyway.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

You are not going anywhere, time to trade that backup :D

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)