Create Account

Claiming Old PTs

I mean Updaters choose to take the job. They can quit if its too much. I agree that there is a cap that probably needs to be put in place but like 4 or so seasons isn't that long imo.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 12:50 PM by Blastmeaway.)

06-30-2020, 12:38 PMBasedMinkus Wrote: I mean Updaters choose to take the job. They can quit if its too much. I agree that there is a cap that probably needs to be put in place but like 4 or so seasons isn't that long imo.

There currently is a cap/rule in place for how far back a user may claim.
Code:
II.F.5 - Claiming Old PTs
TPE must be claimed no later than the end of the season after it is earned. So, an S34 PT must be claimed no later than the end of S35 - once HO announces that users can retire their players and keep them for S36, TPE earned in S34 can no longer be claimed.
So as of right now a user may claim TPE Earned as far back as the beginning of the S53 Season.

To tag on to this 4 seasons of back dated tpe, is 8 months worth.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

06-30-2020, 12:38 PMBasedMinkus Wrote: I mean Updaters choose to take the job. They can quit if its too much. I agree that there is a cap that probably needs to be put in place but like 4 or so seasons isn't that long imo.

Argar chose not to apply the tpe. He can leave the site again if its too much.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 12:52 PM by .bojo.)

I'd see if it's possible to get a refund on the equipment since it wasn't used. But otherwise I believe it unnecessarily complicates things for something that already gets a lot of flak for not being super perfect.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Yeah, updaters can just quit, we don't need them. /s

4 seasons is like 32 update posts. Imagine you'd have to go through 32 posts to check wheter a player has at some point claimed a random season's PT#3. If you let that happen, it will at some point.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

06-30-2020, 12:36 PMjfisherr Wrote: I don’t get how this is even an issue. By making TPE elgible to be claimed forever do you not understand how many more issues this would cause updaters?

What’s to stop somebody from re-claiming tpe they claimed 8 months ago? 18 months ago?

You would be asking updaters to go check every single update that person has made all the way back to the date they’re trying to claim TPE from in order to ensure that they haven’t claimed it already. That’s absurd.

I’m sorry you lost out on TPE but there’s a reason this rule is in place.

this

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

You actually, genuinely believe this?

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

06-30-2020, 12:50 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:

Argar chose not to apply the tpe.  He can leave the site again if its too much.

Not quite sure either of these responses are necessary tbh

[Image: Wally.png]

06-30-2020, 01:10 PMWally Wrote:
06-30-2020, 12:50 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Argar chose not to apply the tpe.  He can leave the site again if its too much.

Not quite sure either of these responses are necessary tbh

You can rest easy knowing that I don't actually believe that argar should leave the site, but I was merely miming the post to point out how absurd it was.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

06-30-2020, 12:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

You actually, genuinely believe this?

Which part?

I definitely believe that a longer cap for claiming TPE isn't difficult. Yes I understand you have to look over someones updates to see if they did in fact just miss claiming that specific PT but if we enforced a strict way of doing the updates (ie having which season and what # the point task is (S54 PT 1)) it would allow something like this to happen.

The #1 thing all rules and regulations should be based on is user retention. I can understand why ArGar left the site in the past. The forum discussion is non-existent and everyone stays in their own discord bubbles. So if the SHL can look at ways that while yes they may make an updaters job a little bit harder but helps older users come back and be retained then it is to the benefit of the league as a whole.

In regards to the "They can quit if it is too hard", I think if something being implemented like this is seen as too hard, then yes they can just quit but I also don't want their job to be that much worse. Ive updated in the past and it is a tough job for sure.

You can claim up to 2 seasons ago worth of tpe iirc

Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

06-30-2020, 01:32 PMluketd Wrote: You can claim up to 2 seasons ago worth of tpe iirc

this is correct

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

06-30-2020, 01:31 PMBasedMinkus Wrote:
06-30-2020, 12:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: You actually, genuinely believe this?

Which part?

I definitely believe that a longer cap for claiming TPE isn't difficult. Yes I understand you have to look over someones updates to see if they did in fact just miss claiming that specific PT but if we enforced a strict way of doing the updates (ie having which season and what # the point task is (S54 PT 1)) it would allow something like this to happen.

The #1 thing all rules and regulations should be based on is user retention. I can understand why ArGar left the site in the past. The forum discussion is non-existent and everyone stays in their own discord bubbles. So if the SHL can look at ways that while yes they may make an updaters job a little bit harder but helps older users come back and be retained then it is to the benefit of the league as a whole.

In regards to the "They can quit if it is too hard", I think if something being implemented like this is seen as too hard, then yes they can just quit but I also don't want their job to be that much worse. Ive updated in the past and it is a tough job for sure.

Sorry but you're wrong. Let's say the cap is 4 seasons of updates, and there's 8 weeks of updating per season. That's 32 possible updates as Segi said above. Let's say there's 5 things claimable per week (AC, Training, PT, WFT, 3on3). That's up to 160 links that an Updater would have to check in order to make sure that the PT task a user is trying to claim from 4 seasons prior hasn't been claimed before.

You say if we enforce requiring the season and point task in each claim itl'l ease this issue as it'll promote veteran user retention, but how about for all the new creates that consistently have their updates rejected over simple errors such as linking the wrong PT?

What about for the people who have been updating consistently? Do you expect the Updating team to go back and edit everyone's previous updates to ensure they have the proper titles or are we back to square one where the updaters have to go through up to 160 links in order to make sure the new rule is being followed? (I get this is ridiculous but raising the cap from 2 to 4 seasons is also ridiculous).

I get what you're saying but 8 weeks, which is the current cap, is more than enough to post one update in order to not lose out on TPE lol.

There is no need to to extend this cap any further.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

06-30-2020, 11:18 AMKatth Wrote: If you can find the time to do things for TPE you can find the time to claim them once a season.

This ^

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

06-30-2020, 01:54 PMjfisherr Wrote:
06-30-2020, 01:31 PMBasedMinkus Wrote: Which part?

Sorry but you're wrong. Let's say the cap is 4 seasons of updates, and there's 8 weeks of updating per season. That's 32 possible updates as Segi said above. Let's say there's 5 things claimable per week (AC, Training, PT, WFT, 3on3). That's up to 160 links that an Updater would have to check in order to make sure that the PT task a user is trying to claim from 4 seasons prior hasn't been claimed before.

You say if we enforce requiring the season and point task in each claim itl'l ease this issue as it'll promote veteran user retention, but how about for all the new creates that consistently have their updates rejected over simple errors such as linking the wrong PT?

What about for the people who have been updating consistently? Do you expect the Updating team to go back and edit everyone's previous updates to ensure they have the proper titles or are we back to square one where the updaters have to go through up to 160 links in order to make sure the new rule is being followed? (I get this is ridiculous but raising the cap from 2 to 4 seasons is also ridiculous).

I get what you're saying but 8 weeks, which is the current cap, is more than enough to post one update in order to not lose out on TPE lol.

There is no need to to extend this cap any further.

I mean I am not wrong because there isn't a right or wrong answer for this.

In regards to the people who have been updating consistently. My argument to implement this would be for the future and not retroactively allow this to happen before the rule was in place. So if the rule was set in S56, then it really wouldn't become a thing until S59.

You could even put a cap on things you can claim that are outdated.

My whole thing is retention or getting people back so the league can alway improve.