Create Account

Claiming Old PTs

I think it is dumb that players who are not under regression can't claim PTs from more than a couple seasons ago.

There is no advantage for someone not under regression not claiming TPE immediately, so I do not see the point in punishing people for not claiming the TPE until later.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

06-30-2020, 10:22 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: I think it is dumb that players who are not under regression can't claim PTs from more than a couple seasons ago.

There is no advantage for someone not under regression not claiming TPE immediately, so I do not see the point in punishing people for not claiming the TPE until later.

Think of the updaters, won't somebody please think of the updaters! (That's the only reason I think there could be)

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

If you can find the time to do things for TPE you can find the time to claim them once a season.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

06-30-2020, 11:18 AMKatth Wrote: If you can find the time to do things for TPE you can find the time to claim them once a season.
So the rationale is "fuck you."

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

you could avoid claiming TPE to keep yourself under a TPE tier.. that's the reasoning behind it I recall being told.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

06-30-2020, 11:43 AMGrapehead Wrote: you could avoid claiming TPE to keep yourself under a TPE tier.. that's the reasoning behind it I recall being told.

So not claiming a bunch of TPE over the course of multiple seasons to save a million dollars on a contract?

Was this a problem before?

06-30-2020, 11:33 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
06-30-2020, 11:18 AMKatth Wrote: If you can find the time to do things for TPE you can find the time to claim them once a season.
So the rationale is "fuck you."

The rationale is probably to make updaters, who already have a shit job, lives a little easier, in combination with preventing salary cap circumvention

Both are sound reasons, and like what Katth said, if you can find the time to do TPE tasks you can find time to do a claim once a season lol

This really is a non issue.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

06-30-2020, 11:56 AMjfisherr Wrote:
06-30-2020, 11:33 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: So the rationale is "fuck you."

The rationale is probably to make updaters, who already have a shit job, lives a little easier, in combination with preventing salary cap circumvention

Both are sound reasons, and like what Katth said, if you can find the time to do TPE tasks you can find time to do a claim once a season lol

I never asserted it was because I never had time. My lack of updating isn't because I don't have time, it is because I lost interest in the site. I thought to come back and remembered that I had done some stuff, but then was told I can't claim that now. So I'm annoyed I lost out on TPE for a PBP that I had done and equipment that I spent money for.

06-30-2020, 11:47 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
06-30-2020, 11:43 AMGrapehead Wrote: you could avoid claiming TPE to keep yourself under a TPE tier.. that's the reasoning behind it I recall being told.

So not claiming a bunch of TPE over the course of multiple seasons to save a million dollars on a contract?

Honest question with no sarcasm intended... does it matter if there was a problem before?

[Image: Wally.png]

06-30-2020, 12:03 PMWally Wrote:
06-30-2020, 11:47 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: So not claiming a bunch of TPE over the course of multiple seasons to save a million dollars on a contract?

Honest question with no sarcasm intended... does it matter if there was a problem before?

Precedent is a significant reason why rules are changed or amended.

06-30-2020, 12:05 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
06-30-2020, 12:03 PMWally Wrote: Honest question with no sarcasm intended... does it matter if there was a problem before?

Precedent is a significant reason why rules are changed or amended.

Precedent isn’t a reason rules are changes or amended. It’s at the discretion of when it is chosen to be applied by those who can and can’t call it legal.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

06-30-2020, 12:14 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
06-30-2020, 12:05 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Precedent is a significant reason why rules are changed or amended.

Precedent isn’t a reason rules are changes or amended. It’s at the discretion of when it is chosen to be applied by those who can and can’t call it legal.

Good to know this is still happening.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

I agree with my former Co-GM on this one. The counter argument to if you had time to do the TPE, you have time to claim it is that, if you had time to do the PT you have the right to claim it when you can/remember because you put in the effort to do it.

And in regards to things like equipment purchases or weekly training, if we aren't going to allow players to claim them as if they expired then that money should go back to the player.

06-30-2020, 12:02 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
06-30-2020, 11:56 AMjfisherr Wrote: The rationale is probably to make updaters, who already have a shit job, lives a little easier, in combination with preventing salary cap circumvention

I never asserted it was because I never had time. My lack of updating isn't because I don't have time, it is because I lost interest in the site. I thought to come back and remembered that I had done some stuff, but then was told I can't claim that now. So I'm annoyed I lost out on TPE for a PBP that I had done and equipment that I spent money for.

I understand that you’re annoyed, but it takes maybe 15 seconds to post an update, and about 99% of people that buy equipment claim it right away? So you’re saying you lost interest immediately after purchasing equipment in S51? I’m not trying to be a dink here but I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t claim it immediately after buying it lol

I don’t get how this is even an issue. By making TPE elgible to be claimed forever do you not understand how many more issues this would cause updaters?

What’s to stop somebody from re-claiming tpe they claimed 8 months ago? 18 months ago?

You would be asking updaters to go check every single update that person has made all the way back to the date they’re trying to claim TPE from in order to ensure that they haven’t claimed it already. That’s absurd.

I’m sorry you lost out on TPE but there’s a reason this rule is in place.