Create Account

An Apology from the Commissioner

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to come here and address some issues I have been hearing about with me and my Head Office. I first off want to say, that I think I try to be fair, reasonable, and honest with anyone who comes to me or has an issue with me. It appears that not everyone is seeing that from me so I wanted to post something to clear things up.

I have been your commissioner for the last 3 season and I was co before that and working with Eggy in Head Office for over a year now. In that time the site has seen many changes, challenges, and both good and bad times. I like to think the league is in a good place, but there is some unrest happening right now I want to address. It seems like the league, maybe not at a whole, but at least parts think that Head Office has been biased or not even about the way they are applying rules and/or punishments. I want to address these concerns and any other concerns the league has.

I myself, may not be the most communicative person with the site as a whole. I'm not a huge forum guy as it feels very impersonal to me, but I try to be available via discord or pms. If you don't feel that way, I am sorry, but please let me know how I can change that. My Head Office has been a positive experience for me, as they are all active members of the community, but the problems start there. Everyone has different interpersonal interactions and feels one way or another about everyone. My hope is that we can have an open dialogue going forward on how to fix communication issues. I don't want anyone to feel bias against them or towards them. That being said, I know it happens, will continue to happen, and is pretty unavoidable.

Now, let's address some of the most current issues. First off let's talk about the EDM line allocation thing. Edmonton had put 2 mins into the 4th line and 2 mins into the 4th pairing with no players on that line. This was shown to HO and was a red flag for us. We decided that it was not breaking a current rule, or at least one that was not explicitly stated to GMs. Now, the confusion comes from the NOLA ruling last season, where they placed a player on the 4th line to break the rules of having only players on the top 3 lines and they must all be unique. While these two infractions are meaning to do the same idea, they were actually deemed different in HOs eyes as putting minutes into the 4th line was not the same as breaking the rule for not having a 4th line. Again, this is a unique part of FHM that we should have come up with a set of rules before the switch, but the switch happened quickly and HO is still behind coming up with those specifics. I understand the anger and frustration from NOLA as they see these two things as identical. In the Head Office we did not, again this will be added into the rules and GMs are not allowed to put minutes into the 4th line or 4th pair. I know this doesn't help quell the anger, but I'm trying to be honest about why we made the decision we made.

Next up, this season we saw Edmonton only have 5 goalies starts. Before explaining this one, I will admit this is 100% on me. I made a decision outside of HO and Owners, for which I will explain in a bit, first the facts. During one of the sims this season, Edmonton went through all correct steps in posting for a back up start and the procedures we have in place. During the stream, it was brought to the attention of JR, the simmer, that he missed the back up goalie start. Well, Edmonton reached out to me about this and I checked to see if they followed procedure, they had, so I made the decision outside of HO that we could "waive" a goalie start. I didn't think anything of it, I wanted an easy win and I was like, "oh this seems obvious, they missed their start due to a small simmer mistake, no harm no foul, This should count as a back up start for EDM". This was very incorrect. I see the error of my ways now, as I broke precedent and 100% favored a team. When bringing this to my HO and Owners, they both agreed in my mistake and that it should have been handled different. I want to apologize to the site and to the GMs for this. I am taking fault and blame for not posting about this sooner and for not following the letter of the law aka the rules.

Going forward we are going to be releasing a new rule book and new pieces of the rule book. I am going to be a bit harsher on rules and making sure everything is correct. I am not perfect, my HO is not perfect, but we need to be better in small matters and more transparent. If you lack confidence in my administration and my going forward as Commissioner, I will understand. In my short time as your Commissioner, we have transitioned from STHS to FHM, gotten a FHM affiliation, done some wonderful things with donations, and have had an uptick in participation and overall numbers, but there have also been some big and little mistakes, which I will take ownership for. My nature is to be lenient and try to remember this is a game and a site for fun. These last few days have shown that I need to be harder and more strict in my position at times.

I hope this helps a little bit and doesn't raise any more concerns. If you want to chat please let me know. I am deeply sorry for everyone who has felt wronged or biased against with my Head Office or with me. I take responbility for my job and my team, we will do better. I am sorry for the tension going on right now.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Love ya Corey

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Cheers

I can't believe how different the SHL is now (in a good way). Looking forward to seeing how the league continues to develop. A corrected/new rule book seems to be a good step forward.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 02:07 PM by Grapehead.)

#keyganout

edit: /s

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

gib new rulebook please. Still has old update stuff. Appreciate what you do

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

06-30-2020, 01:40 PMGrapehead Wrote: #keyganout

Any Edmonton hate can come down on me. I accidentally left the time in the 4th lines when I was playing around with lines and I'm the one who reached out about our backup game.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

No one is perfect. As long as everyone can learn from their mistakes and doesn't repeat them, we can move forward as a league. That goes for GMs, HO and everyone else doing some sort of job.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 01:52 PM by Blastmeaway.)

Cheers
[Image: Ohk.gif]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Corey is good. Yay Corey

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I'm writing this quickly from work, but I wanted to say that I appreciate the apology, but I also want to say that personally I don't think it's good enough.

I was the one who fucked up in NOLA last year, an honest mistake, and through my apology thread and BOTH of the NOLA punishment threads, I was given massive, massive amounts of shit. Not just from the community at large, but also literally from Nour, who implicitly endorsed the abuse I was receiving by way of telling me to "shut up and take my lumps."

I've reached out to two members of HO about some of the targeted abuse I took in the aftermath of that event and despite it being months down the road have not heard a word about it from anyone.

It's clear to me that there are two different standards in this league. There are absolutely favorites. You can say whatever you want about what we did and how it differs from what Edmonton did, but as far as the sim is concerned the end results were the same, both teams played with a 4th line. The only difference was my team used 1 position in that line, EDM used 5.

To me it seems like having integrity and owning your mistakes is a bad thing in this league. I got shit on for what I did, and I just sat there and took it. Didn't raise a fuss. I didn't want to make shit worse for Joe and TDZ, who later retired anyway because of the stress the fallout from that event put on him. I still get shit to this day about that. Look at the thread where I got hired for DACH, and I've got my own players jokingly linking me the rule book. I'm not saying that's abusive or anything, but the affects of that stupid mistake still follow me.

Sorry this is pretty incoherent, just rambling at work, but I felt like I had to get it out.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

No fun allowed!

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

06-30-2020, 01:45 PMTommySalami Wrote:
06-30-2020, 01:40 PMGrapehead Wrote: #keyganout

Any Edmonton hate can come down on me. I accidentally left the time in the 4th lines when I was playing around with lines and I'm the one who reached out about our backup game.

but keygan is smelly

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

It’s ok

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

I love you Corey

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

06-30-2020, 02:00 PMfrithjofr Wrote: I'm writing this quickly from work, but I wanted to say that I appreciate the apology, but I also want to say that personally I don't think it's good enough.

I was the one who fucked up in NOLA last year, an honest mistake, and through my apology thread and BOTH of the NOLA punishment threads, I was given massive, massive amounts of shit. Not just from the community at large, but also literally from Nour, who implicitly endorsed the abuse I was receiving by way of telling me to "shut up and take my lumps."

I've reached out to two members of HO about some of the targeted abuse I took in the aftermath of that event and despite it being months down the road have not heard a word about it from anyone.

It's clear to me that there are two different standards in this league. There are absolutely favorites. You can say whatever you want about what we did and how it differs from what Edmonton did, but as far as the sim is concerned the end results were the same, both teams played with a 4th line. The only difference was my team used 1 position in that line, EDM used 5.

To me it seems like having integrity and owning your mistakes is a bad thing in this league. I got shit on for what I did, and I just sat there and took it. Didn't raise a fuss. I didn't want to make shit worse for Joe and TDZ, who later retired anyway because of the stress the fallout from that event put on him. I still get shit to this day about that. Look at the thread where I got hired for DACH, and I've got my own players jokingly linking me the rule book. I'm not saying that's abusive or anything, but the affects of that stupid mistake still follow me.

Sorry this is pretty incoherent, just rambling at work, but I felt like I had to get it out.
The difference is that NOLA did something very explicitly against the rules and EDM did something that was technically legal but that we did not believe was in the spirit of the rule and thus disallowed. It really does not get any more clear cut than that.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]