Create Account

An Apology from the Commissioner

corey i appreciate u

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

06-30-2020, 04:32 PMMook Wrote:
06-30-2020, 04:15 PMJNH Wrote: It wouldn't be right to punish them at this point because they were told by the commissioner that they were in compliance with the rules.  If they were told that they had to make more starts, I'm sure they would have done so.

It makes sense when you put it like that, but I just bought this pitchfork and I want to use it

Come on over to the Ruutu thread

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

06-30-2020, 02:37 PMMack Wrote:
06-30-2020, 02:00 PMfrithjofr Wrote: I'm writing this quickly from work, but I wanted to say that I appreciate the apology, but I also want to say that personally I don't think it's good enough.

I was the one who fucked up in NOLA last year, an honest mistake, and through my apology thread and BOTH of the NOLA punishment threads, I was given massive, massive amounts of shit. Not just from the community at large, but also literally from Nour, who implicitly endorsed the abuse I was receiving by way of telling me to "shut up and take my lumps."

I've reached out to two members of HO about some of the targeted abuse I took in the aftermath of that event and despite it being months down the road have not heard a word about it from anyone.

It's clear to me that there are two different standards in this league. There are absolutely favorites. You can say whatever you want about what we did and how it differs from what Edmonton did, but as far as the sim is concerned the end results were the same, both teams played with a 4th line. The only difference was my team used 1 position in that line, EDM used 5.

To me it seems like having integrity and owning your mistakes is a bad thing in this league. I got shit on for what I did, and I just sat there and took it. Didn't raise a fuss. I didn't want to make shit worse for Joe and TDZ, who later retired anyway because of the stress the fallout from that event put on him. I still get shit to this day about that. Look at the thread where I got hired for DACH, and I've got my own players jokingly linking me the rule book. I'm not saying that's abusive or anything, but the affects of that stupid mistake still follow me.

Sorry this is pretty incoherent, just rambling at work, but I felt like I had to get it out.

This league has a cool kids club and they play by different rules than the rest.

Brother Mack, one was in the rule books and broken, one wasn’t. How is it favouring a team if they didn’t break a rule to be punished for.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

06-30-2020, 04:57 PMKeygan Wrote:
06-30-2020, 02:37 PMMack Wrote: This league has a cool kids club and they play by different rules than the rest.

Brother Mack, one was in the rule books and broken, one wasn’t. How is it favouring a team if they didn’t break a rule to be punished for.

cause ur stinky

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Imagine complaining a team didn't get ex post facto'd

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

[Image: 015e1b05e917be8ce53071ba8a2a1662.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

I hereby renounce my support for HO until they acknowledge its pork roll. Fuck you @SDCore

06-30-2020, 05:21 PMwumaduce Wrote: I hereby renounce my support for HO until they acknowledge its pork roll. Fuck you @SDCore

Whose pork roll?

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

u a cute one corey and i love and respect u deeply

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

06-30-2020, 05:21 PMwumaduce Wrote: I hereby renounce my support for HO until they acknowledge its pork roll. Fuck you @SDCore

Excuse you, it's Taylor ham. We will forever be at odds about this.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

06-30-2020, 05:56 PMSDCore Wrote:

Excuse you, it's Taylor ham. We will forever be at odds about this.

Only because you're wrong. It's pork roll.

06-30-2020, 04:40 PMKeygan Wrote:
06-30-2020, 03:23 PMZombiewolf Wrote: EDM getting a pass on the 6 back up games is kind of fucked. Especially if you take in precedents

But I’d also like to point out that I think Corey has been an excelled commish and I’m glad he acknowledged his screw up

We were prepared to make the sixth start and were told we didn’t have to, so why would we?

No reason for you to. That isn’t on you at all

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

06-30-2020, 06:59 PMZombiewolf Wrote:
06-30-2020, 04:40 PMKeygan Wrote: We were prepared to make the sixth start and were told we didn’t have to, so why would we?

No reason for you to. That isn’t on you at all

Ah, apologies then.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

06-30-2020, 02:37 PMMack Wrote:
06-30-2020, 02:00 PMfrithjofr Wrote: I'm writing this quickly from work, but I wanted to say that I appreciate the apology, but I also want to say that personally I don't think it's good enough.

I was the one who fucked up in NOLA last year, an honest mistake, and through my apology thread and BOTH of the NOLA punishment threads, I was given massive, massive amounts of shit. Not just from the community at large, but also literally from Nour, who implicitly endorsed the abuse I was receiving by way of telling me to "shut up and take my lumps."

I've reached out to two members of HO about some of the targeted abuse I took in the aftermath of that event and despite it being months down the road have not heard a word about it from anyone.

It's clear to me that there are two different standards in this league. There are absolutely favorites. You can say whatever you want about what we did and how it differs from what Edmonton did, but as far as the sim is concerned the end results were the same, both teams played with a 4th line. The only difference was my team used 1 position in that line, EDM used 5.

To me it seems like having integrity and owning your mistakes is a bad thing in this league. I got shit on for what I did, and I just sat there and took it. Didn't raise a fuss. I didn't want to make shit worse for Joe and TDZ, who later retired anyway because of the stress the fallout from that event put on him. I still get shit to this day about that. Look at the thread where I got hired for DACH, and I've got my own players jokingly linking me the rule book. I'm not saying that's abusive or anything, but the affects of that stupid mistake still follow me.

Sorry this is pretty incoherent, just rambling at work, but I felt like I had to get it out.

This league has a cool kids club and they play by different rules than the rest.

You can't join the cool kids club when you delete somebody's Ziggurat that's all I know.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

06-30-2020, 09:03 PMErM Wrote:
06-30-2020, 02:37 PMMack Wrote: This league has a cool kids club and they play by different rules than the rest.

You can't join the cool kids club when you delete somebody's Ziggurat that's all I know.

Hold up, do you actually think Edmonton is the cool kids club? If Mack is talking about us he's sorely mistaken lol

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]