Create Account

S54 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 10:54 PM by Mook.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

Creller performed well this season, but there is always room for improvement. I expected a little more on the point production front but for the most part I was definitely just focused on getting the best for the Panthers instead of my own player. For improvement I think Crellers next step for improving will be in his puck handling. He really needs some improvement on that front as his giveaways can put him into some troublesome areas. Not only to limit the giveaways, but getting his puckhandling up will open up more options for the tactics he will be useful in as there are quite a few that depend on high puckhandling skill for centers and wingers. The Panthers are in an interesting spot where they are all in very similar spots with TPE, with the majority of the team being around 1300 TPE. S55 will bring big improvements in Crellers game as he surpasses 1000TPE

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the finals even though you're not in it? If so, what are your watch parties like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything) instead of following along? (if you're on Hamilton or New Orleans, or either of the 2 SMJHL teams that soon will be playing in the finals - congrats and sorry :p this one isn't for you!)

Creller and the Panthers are still partying, but it's for different reasons other than the cup. S54 was a successful season apart from not winning the cup. They finished first in the West again beating out some stiff competition in Edmonton and NOLA, despite a poor finish to the season. They pushed through the quarter final round with a smooth 4-1 showing over Calgary then fell down in the Semi's again 3-0 early. They were able to rally back and make NOLA sweat a little before inevitably falling in game 7. With a lot to look forward to in S55, it will truly be a test of the team as they are hit by regression and a small front office change. With Mauldin retiring, it was also a good opportunity to celebrate his career and really focus on the game plan to bring him a cup in his final season. Changes may need to happen, but that will most likely be closer to trade deadline.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Occasionally, broadcast networks will bring an active player into the TV coverage of ongoing finals if their team has been eliminated, and that player is often to give unique insights from a current player's perspective. During this NOLA-HAM finals, which SHL player or prospect would be a good addition to the Challenge Cup TV coverage? Why would that player be a good addition to the broadcast team?

I think a good addition to the broadcast team would be JayWhy. His knowledge of goaltenders is unsurpassed and with the series initially being a goalie battle. Once NOLA started dismantling the Steelhawks, not only did i giggle a little bit, but I started thinking that JayWhy would also be a good fit from a GM perspective because he is very straightforward and would explain different things he observes without sugar coating for either team. He would be a very blunt announcer and I would also enjoy hearing him shit talk the other announcers and call them on their bullshit. While the insights from Manhattan may not be as interesting as other teams, I think specifically JayWhy would add some interesting views that most GMs wouldn't think of. There is a few other choices that could be a fit, but I don't think any other option that would be as good as JayWhy

Code:
8. Written (150 words min.) or Graphic, 3 TPE
With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means the other 26 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Written option: give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they can keep fans' optimism high. Graphic option: the team has rented a billboard in town with an inspiring message to fans to keep optimism high; show the billboard (must include team logo and whatever the optimistic message is).

Los Angeles. We've made it to the semi's twice in 2 seasons in the FHM era. We are one of the 2 teams to make it to this point in S53 and S54, it's a huge accomplishment for us. Yes, we should have made it to the finals in both seasons, but when games come down to over time, single, double and triple, they can end by any means, by any team. It sucks that we weren't able to make it happen, but there are plenty of bright points we can focus on and come back stronger next season with. We have a young developing core to support our older players but even though we may not be the strongest team in the league, we are consistently coming up with victories against those top teams. We won't roll over and take the beating, we are going to stick up and fight and come up with the Challenge Cup in S55

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. These are absolutely two of the best goaltenders in the league in Cain and Kryyst - which team has the advantage in net in this series?

Cain has the advantage by far. While Kryyst may have good stats, his actual attributes are nothing compared to how beefy Cain is. Cain offers the highest TPE as a goaltender in the league currently and could single handedly carry Tampa Bay to the Challenge Cup finals. They would lose every game there, but he could do it.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

MookMook

[Image: creller_dragons.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 10:59 PM by JMacNCheese.)

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) 0+3=3 TPE
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?
Man, after the season I had last, I was truly hoping that it would have been better. Rookie season, fine it was my first and no TPE, but the next season Simon loved me and I had a hell of a season winning The Most Underrated Player and going into the new sim super excited but man I was let down. I chalked that one up to being a new sim and to be fair was not at all that bad. Detroit had won the 4-Star Cup and did alright, but I figure that I could improve on that and go up, but I was way wrong and barely had a season that was better than my rookie season. We struggled as a team and I wish that not only I did better, but the team as a whole! My goals where to have a better season all around but was not even close. It saddens me that it was my last season in Detroit, but now I get to be part of the start that helps Minnesota get better and my goals for next season is to as best as I can win or lose! (196  words)

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) 3+3=6 TPE
Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the finals even though you're not in it? If so, what are your watch parties like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything) instead of following along? (if you're on Hamilton or New Orleans, or either of the 2 SMJHL teams that soon will be playing in the finals - congrats and sorry :p this one isn't for you!)

Unfortunately, the Detroit Falcons did not make the finals, let alone even the conference finals. I know this bummed several teammates out, especially since we were the defending champs and to go out like that in the first round, heartbreaking. It did not seem like my teammates were getting together, whether in a call or just in chat to watch the games. Everyone just seemed to watch it on their own or wait until people talked about it in chat then asked how the games went. Myself personally I was one of the latter half who did really care or follow it and asked when it was talked about in chat. Wasn't that I didn't truly care, I just happened to get busy around the same time and just didn't feel like dedicating time to watching them, and focus on doing IIHF/WJC stuff, or uncapping and making a build, or NSFL stuff, or even just doing the PTs here. (159 words)

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) 6+3=9 TPE
S54 IIHF Predictions - with one FHM IIHF season under our belt, we've got a bit more of a sense of how the tournament might play out in the new sim engine. What are your predictions for the S54 IIHF or WJC tournament - how do you think your team will fare this season? Who do you think are the biggest contenders to take home the hardware and why?

This will be my first season playing up in the IIHF, as well as my last season playing in the WJC. I half paid attention to IIHF last season and really only focused on WJC, since I was playing for Team USA Usa in it, sadly once we were removed in the first round, I just looked to see who won. This season I transferred off Team USA Usa and onto Team Norway norway for IIHF and Team World World for WJC. It will be a new opportunity for Jmac NCheese, but he pumped and ready to go with his new teams and teammates! I am hoping Jmac does roughly the same as his previous WJC seasons but doing better is always the goal and a plus. As for IIHF, I know that it will be a little tougher than WJC but finally get to see the uncapped, revamped, offensive power of Jmac. Like I said though, I know it will be harder, so I am looking for him to just do anything lol. For my predictions on teams, I believe that Team World World  can go all the way and win it, got a stacked team but there is a number of those out there now, so it will not be easy. Team Norway norway is young and talented but I believe they have a shot! (221 words)

13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words. 9+4=13 TPE
a. These are absolutely two of the best goaltenders in the league in Cain and Kryyst - which team has the advantage in net in this series?
If I did not already know the outcome like I do, I would have said that I believe that Geezus Kryyst had the advantage in this one. I say this because like in the previous year he has a star-studded lineup in front on him, and do not get me wrong Nola does too. There is just a number of high TPE star defensemen on Hamilton that is the first layer of protection on an MVP goalie. Not only that they have so much fire power up front to answer whatever Nola throws at them (like I said I know the results already lol). (104 words)
b. There are two Johnsons in this series - Gabriel (HAM) and Darnell (NOLA). In fact, the two used to host the Johnson & Johnson Podcast together, but they're now on the ice as bitter rivals. Which team has the better Johnson?
I know I am going to get looked down upon for say that Gabriel is the better Johnson, but I think he is. I do not really know Darnell, and to be fair don't really know Gabriel well either but I know Gabe takes a lot of shit, is the blunt of everyone's jokes, and is a laughing stock of multiple sim league, but I do know he does a lot for SMJHL and so that is why I think he is the better Johnson. (85 words)
c. The Specters won both regular season matchups, but Hamilton finished with better team stats overall. Do regular season head-to-heads provide an accurate forecast for a playoff series? (answer predictively if it hasn't happened yet; reactively if it has.)
Well like I mention in the first question, I do know the outcome so it will be a reactively answer. It seems to be the case here lol, Nola swept them in the regular season and swept them in the finals. If I did not know what the outcome was, I would say that it does not have an impact on the finals, because the playoffs are a different beast, but in this case, I would be totally wrong... (79 words)
d. If SDCore offered you an all-expenses paid week-long vacation to either New Orleans or Hamilton, which city would you choose to go to? (tough choice I know lol.) How would you spend your time there?
If I got and all-expenses paid week-long vaca between the two, I would choose to go to Hamilton, ON, Canada. One reason is that I have only been to one place in Canada and I would love to go back. Two, it is close to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, in which I have not even been the US side of the falls, but I would love to go see them! It is not too far from Toronto and as a hockey fan that would be one of the place I would love to go see and hit up the Hall of Fame. I also have a buddy who lives in Orillia, ON, Canada and I would see if he would come down to Toronto for a day or two to hang out and chill. (136 words)

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post. 13+3=16 TPE
Sent! Verification word: Jmac

Should be 16 TPE Smile

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Code:

My player did not fare so great this season to be completely and totally honest, and I have to say it was a bummer. I have kind of been struggling to find my footing with the sort of build I'm going for in the juniors ever since the transition to FHM from STHS, and it seems like my play has suffered quite a bit as a consequence. Of course, FHM seems to be a lot more friendly to overall quality of team, and St. Louis has been solid but sort of middle of the pack thus far in the new sim, so my upside was probably somewhat capped to begin with. Still, it was for sure a bummer to put up my worst season, even in terms of per game numbers, in my first season at the 425 cap in juniors. I think I had like 17 points this season after missing the first 7 or so as I was called up for New Orleans. My very first season, before even hitting the 350 cap, I had 25 points. So hopefully at this point the pros just work out better for me when the time comes. (196)

Code:
Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the finals even though you're not in it? If so, what are your watch parties like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything) instead of following along?

Well, for a very brief and fleeting moment I had believed my team won the SHL finals, only to be rather unceremoniously traded for much better players at the end of the season. Disgusting that teams would try to make the most of their window to win titles like that. Also like the 50th time I've been traded as an SHL player. Fun times. Anyway, hell no my St. Louis teammates and I are not planning on watching the finals. Fuck all of the other teams, or something. On a real note, I can't really imagine players eliminated from the playoffs being super invested in the conclusion of those playoffs, but I'm not professional athlete. Just feels like it would dredge up bad memories that haven't really had time to settle in and internalize yet. So I guess if we had a watch party it would be like just a bunch of dudes angrily sitting around a television lamenting how much better they are than the team that beat them even though they, ya know, lost to that team. (179)

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
It has been publicized a decent amount on this site but Hamilton prospect Andrei Kostitsyn's brother Sergei appears to be missing. Does anybody know where Sergei? What have you done/what can you do to help Andrei track down his brother?

Any good brother knows that they need to implant a tracking chip in their sibling as soon as they possibly can. Apparently some crack pot conspiracy theorists believe this is like the whole reason the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has their hands in vaccinations or whatever. I don't know, crazy people are hard to keep up with. Anyway, I would simply use the tracking chip to expertly trace my brother's movements and find him. Easy as pie. If I were a stupid poo poo brained idiot who didn't implant a tracking chip in a family member I guess I'd just call them a bunch or hope they forgot to turn off their find my phone app or something. (119)

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or Specters has a great chance to make the Hall of Fame when their playing days are up? Make the case for that player's HOF bid.

I am going to be completely honest here, I don't think I could name a single player from the Steelhawks or Specters, and I played for one of those teams for a brief period of time this season. I have been in one of those locker rooms for basically my new player's entire career now. I could name plenty of users, but I really don't know what players those names are attached to. Anyway, I guess I picked this question and now I have to live with that and answer it. So I will say Robert Phelps from Hamilton. I believe Teddy - I guess I actually do know one player-user combo - was instrumental in a lot of Hamilton's strategy and player building, so maybe he could make it as some player-coach combo. It seems from what I hear around the league that Hamilton kind lags behind others in TPE but still has a ton of success, so that maximization of talent should be rewarded. Even if it wasn't Phelps behind it, I guess. (173)

Code:
Occasionally, broadcast networks will bring an active player into the TV coverage of ongoing finals if their team has been eliminated, and that player is often to give unique insights from a current player's perspective. During this NOLA-HAM finals, which SHL player or prospect would be a good addition to the Challenge Cup TV coverage? Why would that player be a good addition to the broadcast team?

The player who would be brought on air to provide Challenge Cup TV coverage is none other than former Specters prospect (I guess current Specters prospect at the time), Erben Kasius. And here's why. First of all, I am probably the only player who played for New Orleans this season and remained under the team's umbrella that was also available at the time of the finals. So I would know that team inside and out, as clearly demonstrated by my answer to the previous question. Second of all, I am extremely knowledgeable about hockey. It would definitely not be anything like that Chance the Rapper SNL skit where he says let's go do that hockey or whatever. I would have such great, incredible words that all of the viewers at home would be completely blown away by my great mastery of the English language and tune in every night just to hear me dance a beautiful interpretive dance of linguistics using only my mouth. (164)

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification Word: Sent

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 11:38 PM by Zomp.)

Unfortunately this season for myself did not quite live up to the expectations. This was the season that I was able to go up to a 425 TPE build vs the previous 350 TPE one. I was expecting to get a whole lot more goals as well as assists making myself a more prolific goal scorer. Unfortunately this was not quite the case. Although I led the Anaheim Outlaws in terms of scoring and was top five in the league it still dragged behind what I had for stats last season. I’m going to be talking to the GM’s in Anaheim more this season to try and find a better way to utilize my player and hopefully build upon their scoring capabilities. This will be my final season playing in the juniors and I want it to be a season that I’ll be able to look back on and be proud of. This is also my last opportunity to really pad my career stats.

It has been publicized a decent amount on this site but Hamilton prospect Andrei Kostitsyn's brother Sergei appears to be missing. Does anybody know where Sergei? What have you done/what can you do to help Andrei track down his brother?

Andrei Kostitsyn is a treasure that the Simulation Hockey League must cherish. It’s an absolute shame that his brother Sergei has gone missing. Andrei has recently come to New England in hopes of success with this. It also brought on the hope of him helping find his brother so that he’s able to stay more focused on hockey. I’ve recently contacted numerous Somalian Pirates who are keeping their eyes peeled on cargo ships that are passing off the coast of Somalia in search of him. Hopefully this will prove to be beneficial, if it is not I will go back to the drawing board and think of another idea.

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
S54 IIHF Predictions - with one FHM IIHF season under our belt, we've got a bit more of a sense of how the tournament might play out in the new sim engine. What are your predictions for the S54 IIHF or WJC tournament - how do you think your team will fare this season? Who do you think are the biggest contenders to take home the hardware and why?

The IIHF season is nearly here! I know that I can’t personally wait for it to begin, I’m sure this is also the case for many members of the Simulation Hockey League. I cannot wait! There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that the  United States will be an absolute powerhouse that no team will be able to contain. The amount of high TPE players on there is complete and total bonkers. This is also the case for Canada which could be a very good rival to Canada. I’m definitely predicting that it’ll come down to Canada vs the United States in the finals. I can’t really see any other scenario playing out in which there would be another team there. If my mind is correct, the United States recently got a new General Manager who’s going to work magic almost as if he’s Magic Man. It’ll be a great event to look forward to!

With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means the other 26 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Written option: give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they can keep fans' optimism high. Graphic option: the team has rented a billboard in town with an inspiring message to fans to keep optimism high; show the billboard (must include team logo and whatever the optimistic message is).

Hello friends, it is I, the owner of the New England Wolf Pack. Unfortunately our season did not turn out how we wanted it to. Quite frankly due to lack of better words, we sucked this season. Although this will not hold us back! I swear it to the high heavens above. We have gone ahead and traded more than half of our team for draft picks to bring new, fresh players into our locker rooms as we build into the future. This was a complete and total nosedive from the previous season where we were the number one team in the league. We will be back there! We should have done better, we will do better! Fear not for as the Wolfpack will be back in action soon, smoking everyone who tries to stop them. Once again, this was I. The owner of the New England Wolf Pack doing this press conference, not anyone else.

14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

The Challenge Cups finals, holy moly artichoke it feels as if those were months ago! It’s crazy how fast time flies by. I’m sure time is running in slow motion for one player specifically though, that would be Lil’Manius who without a doubt should be the series MVP. This is someone who can slow down time around him and follow the puck while making plays toward victory! The man was an absolute monster with his passing game, defensive work and sick hair flow. This monster had nine goals, twelve assists totaling for twenty one points! It was almost unfair having to play against him. You take a quick look over those hit statistics, it might blow your mind it certainly blew mine. Seventy one of them, that’s right. Not seven, not one but seventy one! This player without a doubt should be the series MVP.

Zomp

Code:

Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this
season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you
come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you
attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

I was generally pleased with the improvement of Barkov on the defensive end of the ice this season. Over the last off-season i tried to transition my player, who had previously been focused as an offensive defense man, to play a more two way style of game. Last season my plus/minus was pretty deeply negative, despite putting up a decent amount of points. While I did not put up quite as many points as the year prior, I maintained a positive plus/minus rating for most of the year. I lost it in the final stretch of games which were tough for the Raptors. Going into my final season in the SMJHL, i'll be looking to make any adjustments i can to my capped build to help the team win. I'm especially interested in what adjustments could be made to help improve on the offensive end without any significant sacrifices elsewhere on defensive attributes.

Code:

It has been publicized a decent amount on this site but Hamilton
prospect Andrei Kostitsyn's brother Sergei appears to be missing. Does
anybody know where Sergei? What have you done/what can you do to help
Andrei track down his brother?

The search for Sergei has been long and exhaustive. Barkov's effort in the search began at the very beginning of his career when he played on the same team as Andrei during the pre-draft prospects tournament. The night before the final game of the tournament Barkov joined Andrei and a few other on a intensive search for Sergei in all the Bars and clubs in the city. Andrei reasoned that these places were the most likely locations Sergei could be found. While many drinks were consumed, dance floors shredded, and hook-up attempts shot down, Sergei was nowhere to be found. To this day, whenever Barkov goes to a bar with teammates, he keeps a watchful eye out for Sergei, hopeful that one day he will be found.

Code:

S54 IIHF Predictions - with one FHM IIHF season under our belt, we've
got a bit more of a sense of how the tournament might play out in the
new sim engine. What are your predictions for the S54 IIHF or WJC
tournament - how do you think your team will fare this season? Who do
you think are the biggest contenders to take home the hardware and why?

Finland is still in the mid stages of a rebuilding cycle in IIHF. There is however good reason to be optimistic about this years WJC team, and therefore the future of Finland's hockey team. The junior team has been the recipient of alot of major talent in just the past 3 seasons, including new blood as well was recreates. The blue line features 6 active prospects all earning at good rates, including my own player Barkov, and Jukka Timonen, who both should be uncapping their builds after this next season. Both have already seen plenty of ice time on the senior team due to need, and it will be a big boost when they are uncapped. In terms of this years WJC chances, this should be Finlands best opportunity to medal since I joined the site 3 seasons ago thanks to the previously mentioned strong blue line, coupled with good top end forwards.

Code:

With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means
the other 26 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team
owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're
always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Written option:
give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the
end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they
can keep fans' optimism high. Graphic option: the team has rented a
billboard in town with an inspiring message to fans to keep optimism
high; show the billboard (must include team logo and whatever the
optimistic message is).

"We did not achieve our stated goal of winning the 4 star cup this year. I know the fans are disappointed not getting out of the first round of the playoffs and I want to let them know how disappointed I am as well. I however have full faith in the newly hired management team of BoKane and LordBirdman that they are on the right path to getting us back in the finals. We have seen an incredible influx of talent this season that should give all our fans hope for a bright future. I dont think i need to remind you how quickly things change in this league. Tams rise and fall all the time. We want to bring a winner that can be sustained through several generations of players as they make their way into the SHL and the first step is to bring in a highly talented rookie class like we did this year. Take heart Raptors fans: next year is gonna be special."

Code:
c. The Specters won both regular season matchups, but Hamilton
finished with better team stats overall. Do regular season head-to-heads
provide an accurate forecast for a playoff series? (answer predictively
if it hasn't happened yet; reactively if it has.)

d. If SDCore offered you an all-expenses paid week-long vacation to
either New Orleans or Hamilton, which city would you choose to go to?
(tough choice I know lol.) How would you spend your time there?

c. I would say the 4-0 sweep the Specters completed over the Steelhawks provides strong evidence that their is some information that can be gleaned form the regular season head-to-head match ups. However, while I think they should be considered when attempting to predict how a playoff series will play out, I find it unlikely that it is as important as this years results may drive you to conclude. sometimes coincidences happen.

d. I've never been to New Orleans, so while all due respect to Hamilton, I think ill go with New Orleans in a landslide. I've always wanted to experience Mardi Gras, and I can imagine that would be quite an experience. I'd al be interested in touring some of the more historical sites while I was in town.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for
each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked
below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get
credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification word: Marlin

Total: 16/16

[Image: vDWeWJB.png]
Sig By Carpy48
Selected #14 Overall to the Colorado Raptors
Selected #9 Overall to the Calgary Dragons
Finland Dragons Raptors
[Image: zdXC6eb.png][Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

Code:
Welfare
NSFL PT

Code:
(173 words) To be completely honest not just this season but the past several seasons have been disappointing ones for Brady McIntyre. When I came to the SHL you would see players last literally 4 decades and still have great seasons. With the switch to FHM we can't really do that anymore. Now I know that switching to FHM was both necessary and a good thing, but it really sucks that Brady got dinged at the exact time when the switch hurt the most. Just a couple seasons after he started regressing. We're getting closer and closer to Brady's final sunset, I just wish he could break the 45 point mark one last time before it happens. 11 goals and 23 assists isn't bad, not bad at all. He's a killer on the power play. But it's just not quite up to the standard that I've set for Brady. Losing in the first round of the playoffs hurts too. And only 3 points in 6 games, seriously? Dude needs to step it up next season.

Code:
(161 words) Brady and the guys are fed up with not making the finals. Honestly fuck the finals, if you lose you don't watch the winners, go out and get fucked up! We're talking Vegas and week long benders. The off season is only so long right? Can't just loathe around and let it pass before the next season starts, it is the little amount of time that we get as professional athletes to really let loose before the next season comes back in full swing and hits you like a freight train. Bare minimum we're hitting 5 clubs a night and blowing hundreds making sure we don't have to deal with bullshit. VPI lounge everywhere or I'm heading to the next place. Clean Andrei is gonna tag along and be the designated driver cause you know he's reformed and shit. And if he isn't reformed then you know buddy can muck it up, right? Guy can party with the best of them.

Code:
(122 words) Sergei has been missing for so long, I feel so bad for (Clean) Andrei and I'm going to spend the 2nd half of my off season searching for him with (Clean) Andrei if he hasn't been found. I think it's obvious where we need to search. He's going to be in one of either 2 places, Moscow partying it up with none other than Vladimir Poutine or in Vegas partying it up with some Russian mobsters. I'm going to Russia with (Clean) Andrei and I'm recruiting my boys Blastmeaway and Karlssens to check out Vegas. We'll find him (Clean) Andrei, I swear we will. And if we haven't by the start of the next season I'll skip the preseason to find him.

Code:
(207 words) For my money I think I have to go with the classic picks for the IIHF this season. Now that we all know what FHM is like it comes down to TPE and GMs and I think both of those things really favor the classic teams. That means USA, Canada and Czechia. Before someone gets up in arms about Czechia not being a "classic team" I'm not talking IRL classic I'm talking SHL classic, and if you don't consider Czechia a classic team you probably haven't been paying attention to the IIHF for very long. We're not a team that was great in the early seasons, but the contemporary SHL has had Czechia as one of the top teams for a long time now. I'm thinking 1. Czechia 2. Canada 3. USA. Czechia just has that mix of great GMs and great players that absolutely is unmatched by other teams. The defensive group is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to TPE and the top 9 for forwards are all above 1000 TPE with only 2 players on the entire roster below 1000 TPE and those players are above 900. The team is just stacked, and with the acquisition of Conor Tanner this IIHF offseason they're even scarier.

Code:
(160 words) I think that the best person to bring on during the NOLA- HAM finals to help cover the Challenge Cup Finals would be someone who has already won a Challenge Cup and knows what it feels like and takes to win it. I think that would provide a very interesting perspective that not a lot of people have and therefore will create great content for viewers. Based on that I'm going to go with Andrej Doskocil. Doskocil is somebody that I know personally from playing with him in Czechia. He is a hell of a minute muncher and really likes to lay the big hits on opposing players. Everyone wants to bring in somebody like Ola Wagstrom or Luke Thomason, but the grinders and the stay at home guys really play a big part in bringing home cups too and I would like to show the rest of the world a bruiser's viewpoint, and Doskocil is an extremely talented bruiser.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]