Create Account

S54 Championship Week

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2020, 11:57 PM by Chevy.)

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Stromboli

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?
This season was Strom's senior year in the junior leagues.  It was meant to be a pure paragon of play.  It started out exactly as he had intended, however at certain points whenever his team struggled, he struggled.  Despite being locked in as the best earning goalie in his class, and the 6th overall earner of his draft class, he always seemed to be overlooked...more mediocre in play by comparison to others around the league despite trying to match his Season 52 feat of becoming a 4-star cup champion.  His one main goal (other than a cup) was to try and make the All-Star team...which he failed to do so.  Despite now looking like he might be at that point of possibly repeating and becoming a multi 4-star cup champion...overall the season was again a bust.  His next best hope for fame and immortality lies in the hands of his SHL team, the Winnipeg Jets.

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
It has been publicized a decent amount on this site but Hamilton prospect Andrei Kostitsyn's brother Sergei appears to be missing. Does anybody know where Sergei? What have you done/what can you do to help Andrei track down his brother?
Losing a brother is detrimental not only to a family, but also as a player due in part that it prohibit's Andrei from being able to focus 100% on performing well for his team.  It is unknown still where Sergei may be as there have been no leads leading to him.  Despite this, hope is not all lost.  In order to help my fellow SMJHL player, I have requested Sergei's image to be placed in all Wal-Mart locations around my hometown of St. Louis, MO and have also placed his likeness, the old fashioned way, on milk cartons with the phrase "Have you seen me?".  

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
S54 IIHF Predictions - with one FHM IIHF season under our belt, we've got a bit more of a sense of how the tournament might play out in the new sim engine. What are your predictions for the S54 IIHF or WJC tournament - how do you think your team will fare this season? Who do you think are the biggest contenders to take home the hardware and why?
I predict that for S54 Team USA will once again bring home the gold.  Just as regular teams eventually hit a rebuilding period, Team USA hasn't hit that yet, even with some of the star players teetering on the edge of regression.  The coaching and leadership staff there have an excellent grasp of matching individual talents inside of a winning system, and have a deep enough continued prospect pool to fill the gaps when needed.  Aside from them, I would consider team Canada as another main candidate to win.  They have shown in the past a similar grasp of the game mechanics and are developing their own well rounded depth pool to fill the main roster and gaps from as needed.  When the time comes that Team USA does start regressing many of their superstars, in this league it wouldn't surprise me then to see some underdogs jumping up into the limelight.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or Specters has a great chance to make the Hall of Fame when their playing days are up? Make the case for that player's HOF bid.
Two words:  Aleister Cain.  Alester is not only the highest grossing goalie that I've ever known, but possibly that the SHL has ever known.  He's lightning on his skates and in the crease, and while he may not have multiple Challenge Cups under his belt, he more than makes up for it on the world's stage with a multitude of gold medals strewn around his neck for Team USA.  This season he could very well add a challenge cup to that resume, and also due to his high experience earning...the longevity he has in the league will mean that he runs at or near peak performance for several seasons to come, possibly to the tune of several more gold medals & Challenge cups.

Code:
8. Written (150 words min.) or Graphic, 3 TPE
With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means the other 26 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Written option: give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they can keep fans' optimism high. Graphic option: the team has rented a billboard in town with an inspiring message to fans to keep optimism high; show the billboard (must include team logo and whatever the optimistic message is).

[Image: uKDpqON.png]

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or your HS English (or equivalent any-language Writing teacher) will track you down and give you a failing grade.
The world of fantasy hockey
is as diverse as the sky is blue
you can even be a radio jockey
with a podcast of a different hue

From forwards to goalies and more
legends here are waiting to be born
Though TPE earning is a chore
Its worth it at the sound of the horn

Come play with us some would say
You could be drafted at number one or two
Its up to you at the end of the day
Writing the legacy is up to you.

Oh, and one more thing by the way
It is imperative that we find Sergei!

TPE 19/16
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 04:58 PM by boom.)

Task 1: (3 TPE) It's a mixed bag, honestly. In S53, while I had an offensive breakout year, breaking out with a 27-point season and physically with 72 hits, I was, to put it mildly, atrocious defensively, blocking only 22 shots, having 19 giveaways to only 9 takeaways and being -17. This was clearly unacceptable, so I pumped a lot of my 350 -> 425 TPE additions into defense. The result was almost a complete pendulum shift in the other direction for S54. Buoyed by a very strong defensive game where I had 28 takeaways to 22 giveaways, 36 hits and 48 blocked shots along with two shorthanded goals, I was a borderline top-five defensive forward in the league. Unfortunately, my offensive game dropped off heavily, even with extra ice time from being on the first line. Only 10 goals as opposed to 13 last season (including a goalless and near-pointless run of around 10-15 games), fewer shots and a decreased shooting percentage. I did get more points after the Stracimir Petrovic trade and the line reshuffle and ultimately finished with 24 points to almost equal last season, but it was well below my expectations. Next season should hopefully be a big improvement - the Whalers are projecting to have the best offense they've iced since before I joined the league, which takes pressure off me.

Task 4:  (3 TPE) For the WJC, I expect that Team DACH will be peaking this season. The team has an impressive seven 425-capped forwards, meaning that goals will not be in short supply. The defense, which struggled last season to the point where forwards took turns playing back, has been significantly bolstered with the addition of Jack Kanoff as a transfer, as well as newcomers like Elias Kierkegaard to the blueline. Around the tournament, there are some pretty interesting teams. The USA isn't as deep with only four 425 forwards and no 425 defensemen, but they have the Jobin/Chamberlain duo to keep pucks out of the net. The British Isles are utterly stacked down the middle with three 425 centres and essentially have three 425 wingers, but don't quite have the defensive depth of other teams with only Guy O'Shea at 425 TPE and neither goalie above 300. Looking at Team World who is always a hodgepodge, they have a pretty young but well-rounded team led by Jmac NCheese and Ryuuji Minamino up front, and veteran players like Adam Scianna, Axel Meszaros and Cillian Kavanagh leading the way for the defense. Sweden boasts an incredibly strong defense and goaltending team with five 425-capped players in the group, and Sven Svenson, Reid Sutherland, Taylor Johansson and Rikard Hammarberg will be expected to lead an inexperienced offense to victory. Next door in Finland, there is some good depth on forward but only four 425-capped players up front. Finishing up the tour in Canada, they also have a 425/425 goalie duo in Eller and Borro, but overall this is a very young team. Every single skater except for Carlos Brown is a S54 or S55 player, so they'll have a big challenge ahead of them. Personally, my favourites to take home gold in this year's WJC are Team DACH or the British Isles for their offensive depth, or Team Sweden for their strong defense and goaltending.

Task 5: (2 TPE) I think the obvious Hall of Famer for the Specters in this series has to be one man: Joe Kurczewski. The veteran winger played 12 seasons for the Calgary Dragons and one for the Edmonton Blizzard before joining the expansion New Orleans Specters, where he has played ever since. In 1100 games in the SHL, Kurczewski has recorded 392 goals and 525 assists for a total of 917 points. Kurczewski's trophy case is extremely impressive too, with five Challenge Cups, three IIHF gold medals, a Ron Mexico Trophy, a Sarmad Khan Trophy, a Jeff Dar Trophy, and an Anton Razov Trophy. He'll be an absolute lock for the Hall of Fame, and his longevity is some of the best ever among SHL players.

Task 8: (3 TPE)

[Image: 2pzglM1.png]

Task 13: (2 TPE)

1. Kryyst, during the regular season, although he did play behind a stronger Steelhawks side, was simply better in every way during the regular season. Facing slightly fewer shots, he put up a GAA of about 0.5 points lower than Cain, a save percentage of 0.01 points higher, and had eight shutouts to Cain's two. The veteran Kryyst looks to have the edge going into the Challenge Cup Finals.

4. I think I'd have to pick New Orleans. I'm sure Hamilton is a nice city with lots to do, but the main lifeblood of the city is manufacturing and industry, which isn't as appealing for tourism. New Orleans has a ton of culture and history which can be easily explored, and there are plenty of places to visit. I'd love to check out Carnival or Jazz Fest during the trip if the vacation happened to fall during those weeks.

Trivia word (1 + answers TPE): rewind

TPE: 16/16

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2020, 01:29 AM by 5ympathies.)

1. I was pretty disappointed with the way my season ended up going this year. Not necessarily on an individual level; I did get about 10 points less than last season, which wasn't great, but more so on a team level. New England missed the playoffs just after winning the Presidents' Trophy last season. This marks the fourth time in six seasons that we have failed to make it to the post season. After 8 seasons on New England, we have managed to make it to the post season only twice, once losing to EDM in the cup finals in S49, and most recently losing to the eventual cup winners last season. It will be interesting to see what moves end up getting made after the finals conclude this season, as I only have one year left on my contract with New England. All I can really do is focus on my player and keep grinding for this TPE.

2. These finals are definitely going to be the ones to watch. Yea it sucks that my team didn't make the playoffs again, but it's going to be very interesting to see if Hamilton goes for the back to back, or if NOLA clutches victory from the cup favourites. Hopefully these finals go quickly, because I don't know if I can handle waiting for another series to go to game 7. We have definitely had enough of those this post season. Also hopefully one team wins in 5 games because that will earn me more TPE in my finals predictions. I don't think any of the boys here are rooting for any particular team, we just more so want to get them over with. I do know that many of us had Buffalo winning, so we for sure would have preferred if Hamilton lost last night, but what's done is done. All I know is that it's going to be a very exciting time whenever the season is finally done.

4. Gabe has left his position of GM and with that departure, WT has come back onto the roster, his beef with Gabe now a thing of the past. With hopefully a more competent GM (love you gabe) and the addition of a 1900+ TPE player, Canada must be looking like a favourite in this tourney. Despite having a strong history of success, as of late we have only won one silver medal in the past 10 or so seasons: not ideal. My predictions for the next IIHF are Canada, USA, and Great Britain being strong contenders/finding a lot of success. My prediction for WJC is Canada winning gold, but I haven't been keeping track of any part of that since like maybe S48? and I don't really care about it either so it's just pure homerism. The good and bad thing about Canada is that there is always an overabundance of players and for me it worked out well, because I made it on to the team initially when the core group retired so I got the spot, and then every season after I continued to make it onto the roster, and now my place on the team is secured.

5. Gabriel "Gonewild" Johnson is for sure a future first ballot hall of famer. This man not only has secured two challenge cups but has a chance to win his third (potentially second as a GM) before he even makes it close to regression. He just scored the series winner in game 7 overtime against Buffalo and he has a long career still ahead of him. He's a dman and he gets hella points so thats good for the stats, and he has the draft pedigree (idk if that matters). If the Hamilton dynasty continues to run rampant on the league, I could see him getting in as a builder as well, for making some interesting trades, some of which we will see soon. 

6. If we are going to be bringing in some active players to give analysis and colour commentary it only makes sense for it to be me and fellow teammate Guy Zheng. After all our podcast (which is not inactive, maybe we'll release an episode every 3 seasons, maybe less, but not inactive) was the catalyst for what brought us into this new age of podcasts. Before we started ours, nobody was doing podcasts, all of the interest had dried up. But we started recording pods and what do you know? Every two weeks someone else would start doing podcasts again. Additionally, as teammates, playing two different positions, we have a unique insight into how our team plays and can provide some very interesting commentary that viewers would love to hear. Zheng provides the more serious outlook, while I would focus more on the colour commentary aspect and keep the viewers engaged and listening. To be completely honest, you could throw anyone into the role and the difference each individual analyst would bring to the table would be negligible.

16. Clapper

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2020, 03:56 PM by BadWolf.)

Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?
Mika over all was very disappointing. Overall she had a huge number of giveaways, I believe at 48 for the season. That number is way to large. She also hit her peek for TPE, which proved to be useless. In a sim engine that has upped scoring, my player has yet to do so. Not hitting career highs. Mika has yet to hit a 50 point season. I attribute that largely to my ice time not getting over 20 and being stuck on the 2nd line. As well on my people in the top PP. can not score if your not on the ice. I guess I didn’t have an awful season, just no where close to what I expected with 1700 TPE and 19 in offensive read. So maybe it’s the time, maybe it’s my build, overall I’m not sure. We will see how she plays post Her first regression.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or your HS English (or equivalent any-language Writing teacher) will track you down and give you a failing grade.
Oh how Mika is great.
Today is the big day.
Good thing she already ate.
Hopefully she will stay.

Game one is upon us.
Will she get the goal?
Hopefully she won’t take the bus.
Or will she hit the pole?

Who will win?
Who will raise the cup?
Who gets the final pin...
Will Nola lift it up?

Mika will come out on top
And celebrate with a pop

Trivia - 3 TPE
Verification- potatoes

Total - 9 TPE

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2020, 03:49 PM by Bruins10.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Last season was a very big disappointment for Kaspars Claude. The easiest tell I had was comparing the amount of milestone points this season compared to last season. This season I was able to collect the max of 4 and last season I was only able to collect 1 or 2 tpe from the milestones. Also, Kaspars Claude is currently leading the playoffs in points from a defenseman and has done nothing but be a surprise for how dominant he can be. It came out of nowhere, he was not a point per game player during the regular season. Kaspars is also averaging the 3rd highest Game Rating and the 6th highest Defensive Game Rating in the playoffs. Not to mention, he has a game rating average of 76 and the next best player on the Specters is only at 69 and that is Lil Manius, who is leading the playoffs in points. Seems as though Kaspars has really stepped into his own and has become a dominant Defenseman that people thought he would become when he was drafted 1st overall all the way back in Season 48.
Playing with someone like Lyle Odelein helps so much for production in Kaspars game. Whether it is the offensive zone or the defensive zone, the pairing works so well together just because of the chemistry and the complimentary play styles. Lyle is a little more two way focused whereas Kaspars is more of an offensive defenseman. Even at that, they have their heads up and look for eachother when they are on the ice. The friendship they have makes it a lot better on the ice, as they are more willing to share the puck rather than keep it for themselves.

Quote:3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
It has been publicized a decent amount on this site but Hamilton prospect Andrei Kostitsyn's brother Sergei appears to be missing. Does anybody know where Sergei? What have you done/what can you do to help Andrei track down his brother?
Damn, sucks to be Hamilton because that is not a situation you want to be dealing with when you are in the finals of the playoffs. But from what I hear, in order to find Sergei, you need to do 2 different things. Maybe doing both at the same time will help, but let me just state them at first.
The first thing I would do is get a bunch of bottle of vodka and start an easter egg hunt around the city. I have heard from many people in the Hamilton association that Sergei is a die hard vodka fan and loves it straight on the rocks. If we leave some geo locations for people to go and find them, but we only send the locations to Sergei. We will be able to know when he finds them and what his route would be from one bottle to the other.
The second idea is forget about backchecking on the ice. If you tell him that you only have to play offense, he will come to practice right away and forget about the social distancing rules. If you mention defense, he might not show up or back check to the arena. How much checking does his player even have in FHM? I am guessing not a lot.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
S54 IIHF Predictions - with one FHM IIHF season under our belt, we've got a bit more of a sense of how the tournament might play out in the new sim engine. What are your predictions for the S54 IIHF or WJC tournament - how do you think your team will fare this season? Who do you think are the biggest contenders to take home the hardware and why?
If FHM has taught me one thing, is that the good teams stay good and the bad teams stay bad. It is very tough to get out of the rut and really have any surprises. STHS and Simon were a little bit more sporadic with their results and was tougher to say who would win. Canada is my vote again for winning the tournament, I always go with them. They have such a deep roster and will always be able to replace their top players with young guns going in. Their organization and lockerroom have always been very active with the tournament and that helps the team compete at higher levels when everyone is on the same page.
For Latvia, well we are always the dark horse going into the tournament. Boris Poroshenko has put in a decent amount of work for us to be a little bit more competitive every year and our top players are coming into their prime while our legends are still at the stage where they can be seriously effective on our roster. Last season, goaltending hurt us more than any other team in my honest opinion and having another season of growth, Mike Hroch should be effective and more of a game changer in this seasons IIHF.

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or Specters has a great chance to make the Hall of Fame when their playing days are up? Make the case for that player's HOF bid.
I dont know too much about the SHL pre-Season 46ish so I do not know the type of impact players like Tig Murphy had or JoeK had. But, for the seasons that I have been active and for what I have seen with my own eyes, Flacko Lagerfield will end up having his name retired in the rafters and will make the Hall of Fame with the other greats that played in the Simulation Hockey League. Always at the top of the stats leaderboard and having many awards under his belt, it is hard to pass up on a player with that much of a presence in the league awards and stat leaderboards. There is a reason he has still been able to be effective and be a Season 41, fighting regression and also playing with another great like Robert Phelps.

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Occasionally, broadcast networks will bring an active player into the TV coverage of ongoing finals if their team has been eliminated, and that player is often to give unique insights from a current player's perspective. During this NOLA-HAM finals, which SHL player or prospect would be a good addition to the Challenge Cup TV coverage? Why would that player be a good addition to the broadcast team?
Looking around the league, it would be very tough to just single out one player to come out and help the coverage of the SHL TV. Personally, it would be tough for me to accept the position to cover the finals if I was eliminted this season by one of these teams or even any team for that manner. It would hurt me to be at the games and not on the ice, so I would look at the teams that unfortunately did not make the playoffs but were able to be apart of the draft lottery that just happened. Someone that has been around the league long enough like Liam O'Callahan would have great knowledge of the game and also great knowledge of the players. He would have some stories of various players that he played against or even played with if they are in the same nation or past team. He has been in situations like this before so he would have some relation to the situation that these teams are in aswell as understanding the pressure or the cost that one mistake in this game can cause the team, the city and the organization. Being someone who can get into someone elses shoes or even someone elses skates is always a great member to have in broadcast. And not to forget, that some people at home who do not understand the sport or have been following the SHL for a while will get a great idea and true understanding of the sport and the importance.

Quote:16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Kleenex

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 06:45 PM by thedangazone.)

Code:

For Keith Lee the season has been an up and down affair. There have been a lot of good parts to it and some not as great ones for me but overall it went fairly well. I definitely think I came up short on some of my individual player goals as I would have really loved to be one of the top 2 to 3 scorers in the SMJHL this past season but ultimately fell a little short of that only scoring 41 points, 13 off the leaders. However, I did have some other stats that made me quite happy so the season wasn't a total wash. I led the league in corsi and in faceoff percentage and was top 5 in a lot of other stats overall that weren't the points totals. Also Carolina is in the cup finals so I can't not be happy as I'm playing for what we all lace up the skates for, the 4 star cup.
162 words

Code:

I think like last season IIHF will go much of the same and the top teams are going to dominate overall. With the switch to FHM the top teams are just so much more powerful than the lower TPE teams so those that are small nations or just in the middle of a retool are going to get stomped most of the time. Now there is a small randomness to it sometimes it feels like but for the most part I expect it to go pretty routine. USA, Canada, Czechia should be the top 3 teams as well as Great Britain being in there at some point. I think Czechia might actually pull it all off this season and get gold after so long of struggling to get over that hump but it very well could be a lower medal for them yet again. As far as WJC I think it's more of a toss up with probables of Team world, USA, or Canada winning it all but anyone could sneak that one out with the lower TPE.
178 words

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. These are absolutely two of the best goaltenders in the league in Cain and Kryyst - which team has the advantage in net in this series?
b. There are two Johnsons in this series - Gabriel (HAM) and Darnell (NOLA). In fact, the two used to host the Johnson & Johnson Podcast together, but they're now on the ice as bitter rivals. Which team has the better Johnson?
c. The Specters won both regular season matchups, but Hamilton finished with better team stats overall. Do regular season head-to-heads provide an accurate forecast for a playoff series? (answer predictively if it hasn't happened yet; reactively if it has.)
d. If SDCore offered you an all-expenses paid week-long vacation to either New Orleans or Hamilton, which city would you choose to go to? (tough choice I know lol.) How would you spend your time there?

1. Well as the season is over now it's pretty obvious Cain had the advantage. I think Kryyst benefited from playing in a weaker overall eastern conference all season which padded his overall stats all season. While he definitely shined in the playoffs he wasn't able to get it done in the finals as his defense left him out to dry too many times. 63 words

2. Again, since the finals are over and one of those Johnsons had 4 wins to the other having 0 I'm going to go with Darnell. Both are excellent players and had great postseasons for their teams with their respective roles. But I think DJ has the advantage here because he gets down in the gritty areas and battles for the puck doing the dirty stuff no one else wants to do to protect our goalie. 75 words

3. It definitely ended up being pretty predictive of the series outcome with NOLA completing the sweep. I think it probably depends on how those games in the regular season go though as some OT or shootout games would be more of a coin flip and not as much as a prediction. Also if the series was close to even overall it probably means less for predictions as well and 2 games isn't a lot but it turned out to be accurate. 81 words

4. This one is actually tough for me since I've never been to Canada and it would be cool to see. I live within a 4 hour drive to New Orleans so I have been there a lot over my years and I do very much enjoy going there. The food is phenomenal as well as the atmosphere. It's hot as all hell though, just like their food. Overall since it's a paid for vacation I'd choose NOLA just because there's probably a lot more to do and I don't know if choosing Hamilton would allow me to go to Toronto (which would make this a different choice) 107 words

Code:
12. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S54 season (on or off the ice)
- S54 playoff round-up
- S54 Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals Breakdown
- S55 predictions

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

https://anchor.fm/slothfacekilla/episode...-CW-eghgav

10 minutes

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: Limitless

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

simmer claim

[Image: dtboXtN.png]

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2020, 05:09 PM by Tate.)

When it comes to my thoughts on my season I have to admit I am disappointed. I truly thought this would be a break out year for me both in the regular season and the playoffs, and in both contests I came up woefully short. First of all I had a rocky regular season where I saw my backup outperform me during stretches, so much so that we ended up trading starts back to back. This was overall a very frustrating experience where I contemplated leaving the team. Fortunately we were able to work it out internally and my backup has decided to stay, even though he knows he will get significant less starts. The playoffs were much of the same, the only differences is that I got to play every game but at the end of the day I was still left frustrated. It's confusing to me how other goalies can have much less TPE than I do and yet be much better performers. I have to find a way to crack the code next season.

177 words

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the finals even though you're not in it? If so, what are your watch parties like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything) instead of following along? (if you're on Hamilton or New Orleans, or either of the 2 SMJHL teams that soon will be playing in the finals - congrats and sorry :p this one isn't for you!)

We were damn close to making the finals and had I been able to shut the door, we would have. It was a heartbreaking loss and yes there are many positives to take away from it but I still can't help but feel like we got cheated. I don't understand the fire rating, I won back to back, and yet for game 7 I was still cold? What's up with that FHM? My teammates are literally the best though and all they do is pick you up, not put you down. I have really found a home in Los Angeles which is why I decided to sign a lifetime contract and end my career there. I was telling them that I wish we could all go out and get drunk together, and while I don't actually drink in real life I would love for us to be able to meet and share some laughs in person. You can bet your ass I'll be watching the finals, and strangely enough I hope New Orleans wins. I know they beat us, but they deserve it.

183 words

I'm terribly sorry to hear about this, as anyone who goes missing is a tragic ordeal. I've been watching the new season of Unsolved Mysteries and I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a love member and not know where they are. Fear not, my character Knox Booth has become an expert in detective work as he has had to track down his parent's killer and we can put him on the case. Knox is willing to go above the law and do the dirty work that it takes to get things done so consider him on the case. Be prepared for some action, and hopefully in the end we can find him.

116 words

In terms of IIHF predictions I have only one choice for the winner and that's Czechia. Clearly we are a dominant team full of absolute competitors who are about to wreck this tournament and claim our gold. We got damn close last time and went as far as winning silver, which is the highest the team has ever medaled. However, second place is not enough and we will continue to compete until we claim the ultimate victory. Standing in our way is a multitude of teams but I fully expect a rematch in facing off against the United States in the final. I truly believe we are good enough to defeat them and what I need to do is hold up my end of the bargain and stay steady and consistent in net. We have the firepower and the defense required to take first place and there is no reason it shouldn't all come together for us. Let's do this Czechia!

161 words

The Hall of Fame is a true honor and there are many players on both the Specters and Steelhawks that should be considered. When it comes to my choice I can't help but think of the best goaltender in the SHL currently and that is Aleister Cain of New Orleans. When us Panthers discussed our challenge in facing the Specters in the playoffs there wasn't one of us who didn't mention Cain. He's a winner, and a force in this game by the time the dust has settled I fully expect to see him inducted into the SHL Hall of Fame. The guy is a beast.

106 words

8. Written (150 words min.) or Graphic, 3 TPE
With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means the other 26 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Written option: give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they can keep fans' optimism high. Graphic option: the team has rented a billboard in town with an inspiring message to fans to keep optimism high; show the billboard (must include team logo and whatever the optimistic message is).

Excerpt from the owner of Los Angeles Panther's press conference:

"How did you think the Panthers did in the regular season?"

Owner: "I'm proud of the group, and the coaching staff. I think we've done an excellent job of building a dominant team who's strength lies in its defense. We know how to smother other teams and stifle their offense and it leads to an exciting game whenever the Panthers are on the ice."

"What sort of improvements would you like to see made?"

Owner: "We've managed to re-sign a few key players but I see one player in particular that I'm anxious to put pen to paper and that's Toivo. He's a dangerous weapon for us, a pure goal scorer, and there has been talk that he's going to explore free agency. We appreciate all that he has done for us but I don't want out relationship to end now that the postseason is over for us. I want to see him in a Panthers uniform for many seasons to come."

"Speaking of the postseason, how did the Panthers do in the playoffs?"

Owner: "I'm proud of what we accomplished but we came up short. We have a great tandem in Booth and McMahon and I expect both of them to continue to put in the work this summer so that they can come back even better next season."

230 words

Total = 16 TPE

[Image: f7IGJw3.png]
[Image: UFYQyLU.png]

Code:

For S54 with the Edmonton  Blizzard i saw my production take a step back from the S53 season as I produced 39 points in comparison to the year before where I got 43 points. I got the same amount of assists but scored four less goals. My +/- went down from 16 to 12 as well. My individual player goals is to produce at least 40 points and be at least +15 so that I can claim the SHL milestone. During some parts of the season I felt worn out and being physically handled by opposing players. I need to work on my stamina and strength as I have been playing a larger role on the team and will need to have the endurance if I want to my team have a deep playoff run and capture the CC. For S55 I want to be a point per game player, work on my stamina and strength and to see the  Blizzard not get eliminated in the first round like we did this year to the  Specters 

175 words

Code:
Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the finals even though you're not in it? If so, what are your watch parties like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything) instead of following along? (if you're on Hamilton or New Orleans, or either of the 2 SMJHL teams that soon will be playing in the finals - congrats and sorry :p this one isn't for you!)

My teammates and I have already cleaned out our locker rooms and have gone our different ways for the Summer. It was a tough finish for us as we believed we outplayed the  Specters and blew many leads during our series. The fact that they have made it to the finals pains us as we do not want to see them playing when it should have been us in the finals. Some of us have already booked a vacation in a tropical island, gone back to your home city or have begun training for next season. We keep in touch through our locker room chat in Discord to check up on each other every now and then. I can say that some people on the team are still bitter by how our series went, but I can sense their hunger to have a ferocious comeback next season and tear through the SHL (and hopefully get our revenge against the  Specters ). 

160 words

Code:

Team  Canada played extremely in the round robin having no regulation losses and only losing once in overtime. However we couldn't carry over our dominance into the medal rounds as we only captured a bronze medal against the British. During our time Team  Canada was led in offensive production by the likes of Jeff Brogen, Matt Kholin, Robert Phelps and Dick Clapper. For S54 I believe that Team  Canada will have a dominant round robin once again, but we hope to capture the Gold medal this time, as in Canada hockey is our national sport and we have to prove it to the rest of the world that we are the best! Some of the biggest contenders would have to be last season's gold medal winner the  Usa silver medal  Czechia  and the team we defeated to win the bronze which was the  Uk In the old sim engine, teams that were dominant in a season prior performed considerably worse, however with the switch to FHM I am hoping there is going to be consistency in performance of teams. 

179 words

Code:

The player I believe that has a phenomenal chance at making it into the SHL Hall of Fame when they hang up the skates would have to be Robert Phelps 
@DrunkenTeddy Ever since he joined the Hamilton  Steelhawks in S37 he has proven himself to be a dominant player and having had to face him twice so far in my career in the CC finals, It has been tough containing him. Robert averages around 45 points every season even in his early years in the league! He still continues to be a problem for teams in present day and for the S54 playoffs he has 10 points in 11 playoff games. I can foresee Robert being inducted into the HOF whenever he decides to call it a career. 

128 words

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. These are absolutely two of the best goaltenders in the league in Cain and Kryyst - which team has the advantage in net in this series?
b. There are two Johnsons in this series - Gabriel (HAM) and Darnell (NOLA). In fact, the two used to host the Johnson & Johnson Podcast together, but they're now on the ice as bitter rivals. Which team has the better Johnson?
c. The Specters won both regular season matchups, but Hamilton finished with better team stats overall. Do regular season head-to-heads provide an accurate forecast for a playoff series? (answer predictively if it hasn't happened yet; reactively if it has.)
d. If SDCore offered you an all-expenses paid week-long vacation to either New Orleans or Hamilton, which city would you choose to go to? (tough choice I know lol.) How would you spend your time there?

a. Cain has to have the advantage in goal this series, because the Edmonton  Blizzard heavily outshot the  Specters in our series but it was nearly impossible to get anything past him in the first round. If it wasn't for Cain's performance I believe that the  Specters would not be in the finals against the Hamilton  Steelhawks

56 words

b. The team that has the better Johnson would have to be Hamilton's Gabriel Johnson. Gabriel is an offensive quarterback for the  Steelhawks  and during the regular season produced 44 points whereas Darnell only produced 7 points. Gabriel also gets power play time as well, averages more minutes for his team and shots compared to Darnell. Darnell just hits more than Gabriel, but most teams would rather have offensive production than a few more hits. These are my reasons as why Hamilton has the better Johnson. 

85 words

c. I predict that the regular season battles between the Hamilton  Steelhawks and New Orleans  Specters do not provide an accurate forecast for their playoff series. The playoffs are a completely different season, there are always unsung heroes who step up, star players are heavily focused upon more and goaltender is paramount more than ever during the playoffs. 

57 words

d. Between the cities of New Orleans or Hamilton for a week-long vacation I would have to choose New Orleans. I would have to make sure I am incognito though as many  Specters fans don't like the  Blizzard but I have always wanted to experience Mardi Gras and from what I have seen on TV and movies I hope it lives up the hype! 

63 words

Code:

Verification: Thanos

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2020, 04:45 PM by Fitted2106.)

1. Fitted had a bittersweet season, tampa went 0-50 but he led the team in scoring with 25 points. It was a rough one to take on the chin but fitted knows better days are coming. Trying to keep the team engaged fitted on the daily tryed to rev his squad up with passionate speeches and extreme effort. Day in day out work ethic and charcter where his calling cards, after each game he would speak to media and try to keep his chin up during such trying times. Between the losses and the more aggressive media interactions fitted kept his resolve and treated them the same no matter how frustrating it was. Keeping a cool head is going to be what he and tamp needs to get the ship righted and fitted is excited about the next 2 drafts where tampa has a plethora of picks waiting to be used. Gonna see what the future brings he said I'm excited.

2. Well being on the barracuda me and tom fiddler havent had much postseason time si we decided to have some fun with our good ole friend phineas gold. He always knows the best party spots and where to score the best illegal substances. After his team was eliminated he hit us up to start partying down by the river before we watched the finals. He brought a couple hookers and an 8 ball of manhattans finest coke for us to sample. We didnt sample the hookers however that did not matter as phineas was more then enough for the 3 of them. Once that was all over with we took to the nearest strip club that had tvs so that we could view Hamilton vs nola in peace without being distracted. We were however distracted as phineas just cant stop constantly needing drugs and woman, I personally thought he would grow out of this but I see he still hasnt.

Trivia verification word= fitted

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

This was, without a doubt, the best season of Jax's career so far. It may end up being his peak, I can't tell the future so I don't know. However, he has never surpassed the 50 point threshold prior to this and now has managed to just get by to 51 points and set his new record. While typically, he was more a sniper, he has adjusted and become a playmaker in his older age and produced one of the highest assist seasons in Manhattan Rage history as well. He is a steady two-way player who managed to control the puck more often than not, and hopefully will continue to succeed with new teammates in Wagstrom and Moore after the somewhat rebirth of playstyles for his previous linemates in Kastrba and Winters.

This season was easily the best of Jax's career, and with an intensified focus on skating and passing, Jax will continue to be a driving force for the Rage and hopefully can surpass the 40 assist threshold next season.

Quote:Word Count: 171

For one, we don't do much together right now. There is, in fact, a pandemic going on if you haven't noticed. I am sure my teammates are watching the finals, and personally I have a theatre room in my basement that I like to put the game on and use the opportunity to study my opponents, see what innovative moves they may pull out and see how I may be able to build on my own game. My dad is a stickler for watching the games, and I guess it's just gotten to me at this point. I'll pull them on any time, and when it's the highest level of competition, there's just no reason not to tune in and see what happens. While you want to be the one there, it's the greatest sport in the world for a reason and the greatest league in the world for a reason.

Quote:Word Count: 151

Well, I will be entirely honest that I did not follow very closely last season. However, I am always one-hundred-percent confident that Finland is going to pull out the gold. Why? Because we have great goaltending, great defense, great offense. We are a total package that cannot be stopped. It's Newton's Law, right? An object in motion stays in motion, and Finland always wins. That's a true quote from the man himself. So I am telling you now, go ahead and place a bet on it, Finland is going to win Gold. And if we don't, it's because the league is rigged and everything is wrong and nothing is the fault of Finland. Obviously.

What I do know is, Jax did well last season in IIHF and I hope for that to continue in this season. What I don't know is how the teams themselves will do, but here's hoping for a medal around my neck.

Quote:Word Count: 156

I feel like this is easy, let's look down the line and see. We have Robert Phelps, who while he hasn't gotten the accolades, has been consistently a top end producer. He has been an absolute superstar from day one, and in my not very humble opinion, I'm confident he'll be a first ballot guy.

Then there's Geezus Kryyst, who has also been top of the line, won a ton of games, won awards, and has been a key part of two Challenge Cup winning teams going for his third now. Basically, Hamilton has a triumvirate, and I say that because the most obvious answer to this question is:

Flacko Lagerfield! He has been a man possessed in the last couple of seasons, and as he continues to launch off the page, he has become the superstar everybody expected. There is no way, and I mean zero, zilch, nada way for him to not go into the Hall of Fame the moment he becomes eligible.

On New Orleans there are good answers as well, with the most obvious being Joe Kortesi, but that feels even more obvious. In Hamilton, they've been ostracized at times but they have the makings of some true hall of fame superstars.

Quote:Word Count: 206

B. This is so incredibly obvious. New Orleans has by far the better Johnson. Gabe is unable to get any credit, at all, ever. We cannot allow for anybody to say he's better than other people. This is an SHL Law, as we know it. Therefore, Darnell is the Johnson of all Johnsons, and will guide his team to the promised land. (61 words)

D. The hell kind of question is this? Oh sure, let me just go to Hamilton, the home of ... something? What even do you do in Hamilton? What is there that's fun? Let me go to Hamilton so I can get the hell out of Hamilton and go somewhere cool like Toronto. In case the sarcasm wasn't clear enough, I am choosing New Orleans like any sane person would. THAT is the correct answer. (73 words)

Verification Word: Lazy Sunday

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

152 words
Going into this season, I didn't really look at our roster too much. I wasn't really aware of just how bad we were, so I was more or less expecting to be the worst team, but not by this margin. So in that context, I did expect more than 11 points and 1 goal. However, I was a sub-1000 1C playing against the best players in the league, so in that regard I cant expect much. I was very satisfied with the amount of give-aways being low and the take-aways being fairly high. Obviously its easier to take-away when you dont have the puck. For awhile I had very good defensive rating, and among some stats I'm among the league leaders by circumstance of never having the puck. Being well rounded might not let me stand out, but I'm more interested in winning than i am being top of any leader boards.

159 words
Tampa Bay never expected to be in the playoff race, so we have no real interest in it. I have some friends who are playing in it, but other than that I'm just too busy to watch. Tampa is too busy being locked in a bunker drawing up plans for the draft. It's a classic smoke filled room, dimly lit and still. Tension hands in the air as we await the results of the draft, not too eager to displease our king Trella with bad news, and drawing lots to determine who would be the messenger. Dwight walks into the room, "2...and 6". "2 and , 6", Trella repeats back, "not great, not terrible". Eyes around the table lift from their sullen views to gaze upon Trella, at the sheer audacity of this statement. Who is he fooling? Not great? not terrible? 400 km away, the readings on a reference-o-meter go off the charts. Someone has made a Chernobyl reference.

115 words
It is said among the people of Russia that Babushka Kostitsyn makes the greatest chicken paprikash in all the land. Whispers among the people speak of it, for to speak too loudly is to invite investigation. Do you know how to get some? Do you know the secret ingredient? Well folks, I know the secret ingredient. I had traveled across the wide acreage of mother russia in search of such things and I have found that it requires the faintest kiss of vodka. That is where the flavor is. And as there is a faint kiss of vodka in that paprikash, so too is there the faintest kiss of knowledge of where Sergei is: Russia.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
165 words
For my money, if you want a good TV personality on the air, and not some dumb athlete who cant speak to media, you want Michael J Fitted on the air. Not only does he have deep insights into the FHM sim, but also a ruthless alcohol addiction and a pittsburgh accent denser than a cajun swamp dweller. Fitted can come on the air, half drunk, like most NHL personalities, and spout of nonsense that upon second thought is actually rather profound. From the mouth of babes, they say. "Well fitted, do you have an early pridiction for the finals between NOLA and hamilton?". [Translated] "Well, the one thing you want to be able to do is take those championship rounds, to endure the bloody onslaught of blows that game 7s provide, the relentless pounding of competition night after night. Any fool can start to climb a mountain, the true champions are the ones are made in the fiery crucible of difficulty at the top."

7. Written, 3 TPE
oh and fifty, like a breeze
started hard with naught a win
losing every game with ease
reaching for a glass of gin

in drunken stupor we do wallow
looking upon the face of sun
dear not let the others follow
forgetting all the games not won

But Hark! Look upon the morrow
bushes, baskets, barrels of picks
Not again to face such sorrow
telling the SHL to suck our dicks

See you all in season sixty nine
kissing cup rings, taste so fine.

16 - 3TPE
butts

total: 16

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2020, 08:54 PM by dankoa.)

Code:

There’s certainly a lot to reflect on this season for Kaarlo Kekkonen. Having finally played his rookie season in the SHL after being drafted back in S51, Kaarlo was a part of a Renegades team that saw a lot of growth from the previous season, and was cruelly denied a playoff spot by way of a tiebreaker. Kaarlo had a solid first showing in the SHL if all things are considered. He looked to help well with his linemates on the team’s second line, showed some sparks of what made him such a success in the SHL as he put up respectable rookie numbers (4th out of all rookies, not amazing but decent enough), and played a role on a team that enjoyed a lot of success. It was a good building block for a successful career in the SHL for Kaarlo, and hopefully it will mean that big things lie ahead.

152 words

Code:

If there’s one thing I’ve learned in all my seasons in the league, it’s that predicting IIHF tournaments is basically impossible. I have no idea who’s going to win this time around. I would have thought that given how stacked their roster is, Canada would be a serious threat to do well. But then again, with the strength of teams like the USA too, there are definitely a couple of contenders who have the ability to win it all. With regard to my own team, I’m hoping for some improvement from Finland. This is going to be my first sim playing without my SMJHL build, so it’d be good to see Kaarlo pitch in and make some contribution. I know the young Finnish team probably isn’t ready to step in and win a medal this tournament, but if we can at least show that we’re on the right track and improving, that’ll be a big morale boost for me when it comes to IIHF.

164 words

Code:

The clearest choice for me as a Hall of Fame player out of the current two teams is probably Geezus Kryyst, the goaltender of the Hamilton Steelhawks. Having won two cups already, Kryyst is within touching distance of his third. This alone sets him up as a Hall of Fame worthy player, but the way in which he has helped his team to this success means that it is very hard to deny him. Kryyst has been an absolute brick wall in the playoffs for the Steelhawks, and has been vital for them winning what they have. With a Honcho trophy and two Razov trophies, the success really is there for a Hall of Fame career.

116 words

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Occasionally, broadcast networks will bring an active player into the TV coverage of ongoing finals if their team has been eliminated, and that player is often to give unique insights from a current player's perspective. During this NOLA-HAM finals, which SHL player or prospect would be a good addition to the Challenge Cup TV coverage? Why would that player be a good addition to the broadcast team?

I think that a great addition to any broadcast team would be one of the SHL’s biggest names, Texas Renegades defenseman Jean-Pierre Gay. Gay is a veteran of the league, having been drafted by the Hamilton Steelhawks back in S44 and having spent time with two different organisations in the SHL. His years in the league and experience with a variety of locker room cultures will give him a good level of insight when it comes to the technical aspects of the game. Additionally, JP Gay is known for his sharp wit, humorous style of conversation and incredible charisma, which in combination would mean that he would be ideally suited for a role in front of the camera. Obviously I may be biased because I have spent a lot of time with JP Gay, but I believe his deep knowledge of the league, the game and his personal abilities make him the ideal locker room correspondent for the TV coverage of the cup.

163 words

Code:

a. These are two of the best goalies in the league based on TPE, so anything can happen in a head to head series between the two. However, based on past performances it’s hard to look past Kryyst. His level of past playoff success makes him probably the most intimidating goalie in the league to go up against in a finals series.

61 words

d. I grew up pretty near to Hamilton and have never been to New Orleans so would probably have to go with NOLA as the place I’d rather visit. I would probably like to go and watch Zion play and maybe go to Mardi Gras or some shit but I don’t know, it depends on how far SDCore’s expenses will go.

60 words

Code:

Verification word: dutty

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 02:53 PM by Z0REM.)

This season was interesting for my player. The Rage decided to switch me between first line and second line for the entire season trying to find the optimal pairing and line strategy. I think Phineas is in an interesting place where his offensive skills have hit a plateau for a tiny bit as I spent this season working on defense. I think if I look back I did not pass my expectations of consistent improvement and actually took a step back even though my abilities went up. I would have liked to have all 4 milestones but at least my hitting is getting up there. I think what I was disappointed in and what I am going improve is my presence in front of the net. I'm already getting shots on net but I need to really start getting them in. If I increase my agility and acceleration I plan to be even more deadly as no one in this game is playing garbage collector quite like I do.

Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the finals even though you're not in it? If so, what are your watch parties like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything) instead of following along?

Immediately after MANs round one exit there were several moves made to the roster as the GMs decided that they wanted to go all in for the next season. After the trades we're announced the team was immediately excited to get back in the ice with the new members to try and get that synergy going. Having lost in the first round twice in a row, the Rage are not excited to watch the finals. Since we have tasted the cup recently we know what it's like to be there so we are not about to be the dreamers who watch the game with glazed over eyes. All we care about are the results. Who do we have to beat next year? We lost out on the prize this year with a strong team that just didn't have the final push. Always look forward and never behind. New York state of mind.

Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

If anyone could have beaten the USA they would have done it by now. All of our dominant players are still in the system and the backups are ready to go at any time. People have tried poaching our guys but we remain dedicated to the red white and blue. We won last season and it looks like we are shaping up to be just a strong. Unfortunately this does not transition to the much more chaotic WJC where the playing field is more even. Even though we have strong prospects we will just have to see how they fare vs a very powerful diversity of nation's. Canada is right behind us though and seems to always lead from the other packs. If I wanted to choose a team that could be a sleeper it would be Great Britain. With some sneaky line strats they could find a niche that will get them into that final game. USA still wins though.

Cain is an absolute beast in the net as he has proven over the past few seasons to be the highest earning goalie in the league. This has led him to Stonewall a few excellent teams if he gets his game going. With the NOLA defense leading the way against an aging HAM core I am looking at Cain to be the deciding factor between victory and defeat.

I think I am going to give the edge to Gabriel here as he has just performed so consistently for HAM in the fantasy leagues and on the ice.  If you compare the two it's really a no brainier as Darnell has fallen off quite a bit on his game and now posts numbers that look like he is going to replaced in the lineup soon. Lookout NOLA as this baby power isn't going your way.

I think it has a pretty strong indication of particular matchups. It shows the overall strength of the two teams and sample size as to what lines work where. It's a starting point that NOLA just needs to capitalize on while HAM has to strategize around.  I think NOLA takes these games, while not a 4-0 victory, it's going to be a bit more decisive and end before game 7.

I would go to New Orleans because it is probably one of the most exciting cities in the US. There is a certain panache to it because of the age of the city gives it a unique history. Combine with delicious food, excellent music, and pretty cool architecture I would probably forget that there is a hockey game being played.

16. Chill

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]