Create Account

S54 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 12:17 AM by NorwegianDemon.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

This last season would be best described as disappointing both from a team and an individual perspective. Let’s start with the Wolfpack, we finish the season 53 regular season at first place before we lost in the Eastern Conference final against Hamilton. At the beginning of season 54, we expected to be challenging for the title again this season and try to get our revenge against the Steelhawks. Unfortunately, this season ended up being a disaster when we couldn’t even qualify for the post-season playoffs and missed our preseason objectives by a mile in the end. From a personal level, I saw a significant decrease in most of my stats which ended up with me only getting two milestones TPE at the end of the season. I did expect a small decrease in stats because of reduced ice-time, but I ended up with 13 points less than the previous season which a bigger decrease than I expected.
157 words

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the finals even though you're not in it? If so, what are your watch parties like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything) instead of following along? (if you're on Hamilton or New Orleans, or either of the 2 SMJHL teams that soon will be playing in the finals - congrats and sorry :p this one isn't for you!)

After I am disappointing season, I decided to go back home in Norway and shut off everything SHL related because it made me angry since I knew we should still have been playing. I decide to take the first few weeks relaxing where I basically catch-up on some TV Shows and did a little yoga here and there. Then, I started my off-season training for the next two weeks without stepping on ice once during this time. I did a lot of hills running in the trails that are in my hometown. During these two weeks, I got my call from the Norwegian Hockey Federation who said that I had been selected to represent the country in the upcoming IIHF tournament. I contact some of my country teammates who did not make it far into the SHL playoffs and we all decided to meet up in Oslo where we start skating together again to get ready for the upcoming tournament.
160 words

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or Specters has a great chance to make the Hall of Fame when their playing days are up? Make the case for that player's HOF bid.

I think the most likely player to make it in the hall of fame from the two teams in the finals is Flacko Lagerfield. He has multiple seasons with over a point per game, including a season with over 30 goals. He also has more than 500 career points after last season. He already won once Challenge Cup and could add another one this season. Finally, the main reason he should be in is because of all the individual trophies he’s won. He has three MVP trophies, two from the players and one from the award committees and he also won the Aidan Richan Trophy once and the Sarmad Khan Trophy twice.
112 words

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Code:
a. These are absolutely two of the best goaltenders in the league in Cain and Kryyst - which team has the advantage in net in this series?

Looking at this season, I think the Steelhawks have the advantage in front of the net going into the final of the S54 playoffs. Kryyst has outperformed Cain in the two main stats for goalies during both the regular season and the playoffs up to the point, since he has a better GAA and a better save percentage.
58 words

Code:
b. There are two Johnsons in this series - Gabriel (HAM) and Darnell (NOLA). In fact, the two used to host the Johnson & Johnson Podcast together, but they're now on the ice as bitter rivals. Which team has the better Johnson?

Johnson is a boring last name, but to answer the question, the Hamilton Steelhawks clearly have the best of the two in Gabriel Johnson. Even if Darnell is a season younger, Gabriel outperformed Darnell so much during the regular season with 44 points against nine, that this is not a debate that is worth having.
55 words

Code:
d. If SDCore offered you an all-expenses paid week-long vacation to either New Orleans or Hamilton, which city would you choose to go to? (tough choice I know lol.) How would you spend your time there?

This is obviously a really easy question to answer and I would predictably choose to visit New Orleans on this all paid vacation, because I could eat all the variety of the food this city has to offer. Unfortunately for Hamilton, the best part about it for tourists is that it’s close to Toronto and Niagara Falls.
57 words

Code:
14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

With the way the final when between Hamilton and New Orleans, it is a no-brainer that the MVP should be from the Specters. My personal choice ended up being right winger Lil' Manius. Manius ended the playoff as the goal leader for the Specters with 9 and he was also the sole point leader with 21 points. He also led the league with a differential of +16 during the S54 playoffs which means he also had a really good defensive performance. Manius also finish the playoffs with 71 hits, 16 more than the second best in the league. Increasing you physicality during the playoffs is a good way to help your team make it farther.
115 words

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

norway

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2020, 04:31 PM by Rindiee.)

13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. These are absolutely two of the best goaltenders in the league in Cain and Kryyst - which team has the advantage in net in this series?

There's no doubt both of these net minders provide that extra level of support needed to excel themselves to a challenge cup championship. However, based on challenge cup experience and performance in the regular season I'm gonna give the nod to Kryyst. His record, save percentage and goals against average were among some of the best of all starting goaltenders in the SHL. For that reason, I'm giving the advantage to Kryyst and Hamilton.

b. There are two Johnsons in this series - Gabriel (HAM) and Darnell (NOLA). In fact, the two used to host the Johnson & Johnson Podcast together, but they're now on the ice as bitter rivals. Which team has the better Johnson?

This question is a total joke m8. Besides the fact that both Darnell and Gabriel have the same last name, it's not even a competition as to who is a better defensemen. Not only does Gabriel have about 600 TPE more than Darnell, but he also posted over 40 points this season as a defenseman, while Darnell didn't even eclipse 10 total points. For me there's no question in every aspect that Hamilton has the better Johnson.

c. The Specters won both regular season matchups, but Hamilton finished with better team stats overall. Do regular season head-to-heads provide an accurate forecast for a playoff series? (answer predictively if it hasn't happened yet; reactively if it has.)

I'd say in most cases regular season matchups to provide a decently accurate forecast (most cases as in, in real life) but in our case and with the randomness that is FHM I'm unsure if regular season head-to-heads provide anything other than a form of scouting your opponents, assuming they were to stick to their strategies. Taking out all of these variables and knowing this is a simulation hockey league, I'm gonna go with no, it doesn't provide an accurate forecast.

d. If SDCore offered you an all-expenses paid week-long vacation to either New Orleans or Hamilton, which city would you choose to go to? (tough choice I know lol.) How would you spend your time there?

You really think Corey would be nice enough to offer us an all-expenses paid week long vacation, ANYWHERE? Good joke. However, the obvious choice for me is New Orleans, why would I want to go to Hamilton is my literal only reasoning against picking it. However I would preferably go to NOLA during Mardi Gras and just party my ass off for a full week straight and not remember anything. Sounds like a normal weekend to me.

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

keyword: banana

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed -
what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season
For 3 TPE
This season i make best build i have ever have. Then @SD sabotage andrei again. He put line 3. I say SD put line 1 please. He put line 1 two game then say you bad. But then i spend average 13 minute with little PP and finish good. 31 PTS for 34 place best in league. wow. Imagine 20 TOI with big PP and elite player same line. I make 80 point minumum. I also finish +15 and make 72 hit. If i was music album S54 was not Greatest Hits. I make more before. Why? maybe need more brave. But they tell me is use less. They lie. Anyway. Next season i try to improve Bravery and OFR and also POS and SCH. Exept if league have stupid system where i not can invest TPE at all for whole season.

Look
[Image: s5410.png]

(152 word)

Code:
Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the finals even though you're not in it?
If so, what are your watch parties like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything)
instead of following along? (if you're on Hamilton or New Orleans, or either of the 2 SMJHL teams that soon will be playing in the finals - congrats and sorry :p this one isn't for you!)
FOR 3 TPE
Today we have be eliminate from Carolina Karens. I can not watch rest of shmnhl playoff because i have important mission for go help hamelton metalbirds win cup. They call me up today. My first SHL game tonight. wow. Am exited. Other Brezerk they not watch game. Jukka is go drink, is 4pm and he pass out now. Rindo is leave for SHL. he leave a message in nice card on table. ''haha bye losers''. JNH is invent reason why we are better next year. SD is .. where is SD ? I think he learn guitart now. Ty is crying. Tez is watch TV. he like injury theater. He watch people roll in grass. weird. Tez is try to catch fly in appartment. Darian is write article. Toast is get unclean. Patty is sit in cold shower. nham is look for everyone to ask for vote him trophy. anyway good luck karens i like octopus they good animal.
(157 word)

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
It has been publicized a decent amount on this site but Hamilton prospect Andrei Kostitsyn's brother Sergei appears to be missing. Does anybody know where Sergei?
What have you done/what can you do to help Andrei track down his brother?
For 2 TPE :
My brother, where he is? I have make lot effort for find brother Sergei. Each day i go print brother face and i put on street pole, bar pole, and hockey rink board. All place he is much often. I use twitter for ask help. Follow me @AndreiKostitsyn i have most follower in league. Thank. Anyway. I have call Putin. I have call Bettman. I have call SD. They not know. Where he can be? I know he have to pay mafia for powpow but they say they not have him. Someone have tell me. I not know mafia. Am clean.
(101 word)

Code:
Which player from the Steelhawks or Specters has a great chance to make the Hall of Fame when their playing days are up? Make the case for that player's HOF bid.
For 2 TPE
So i think most probable player make hall for fame will be (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn. Other player are good but no is good like andrei is and will is. I tell you why. Is simple : if all retire now, andrei already make HOF. Andrei have big hit, big shoot, and big strenth. He make SHL debut tonight and you will see how good he make team win. When he retire andrei will have 99 in all stat. Best player all time. more then Wayne Greatski. Like Mario witout helth problem. All league will remember andrei, like they remember sergei. watch.
(100 word)

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or your HS English (or equivalent any-language Writing teacher)
will track you down and give you a failing grade.
For 3 TPE

when i join i look for brother
then i get draft by corey
so i become a breserker
but still, no sign of sergei

i want pass player on line 1
SD say no you go to bench
who know if we would have won
next season we look for revenge

still no cup but still have a blast
hockey is fun but try skribbl.io
i even start andrei podcast
so we put on a good show

apology if we look mean
but we are the dancing clean

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers
correctly or you will not get credit.
Post your verification word in your CW post.
For 3 TPE
word : clean

[Image: cleanandrei.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 10:20 AM by CB2212.)

Code:

Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this
season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you
come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you
attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?
3 TPE

As far as this season, Carlos didn't really accomplish as much as he had hoped, especially in the offensive area of his game. but he instead evolved into a much stronger two way player than he was last season, being worth his place on the roster both on offense and on defense. That can probably be attributed to his new role, focusing more on being a power forward on a line designed to go against other team's first lines.

He rose to the occasion though and made it to the Juniors all-star game which he didn't expect. So despite not being quite the player he envisioned earlier in the season, Carlos ended up having quite a good season and is looking to build on his work this season when he comes back to Colorado next year for what will most likely be his last time out on the ice as a Raptor before he starts in the bigs.

Code:
Code:

Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my
condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the
finals even though you're not in it? If so, what are your watch parties
like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it
completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything)
instead of following along? (if you're on Hamilton or New Orleans, or
either of the 2 SMJHL teams that soon will be playing in the finals -
congrats and sorry :p this one isn't for you!)
3 TPE

Carlos doesn't do watch parties, if he's not playing in the finals it means there's work to be done so you can probably find him and any teammate that can stomach hanging around with such a killjoy working out at the gym, getting ready for the next season coming up. Ever since he joined the pros, Carlos kinda stopped caring about the rest of the league, if his team isn't in it, he's not interested. He focuses all his time, effort and attention to his own hockey career so that one day he can actually play in a championship game rather than sit at home. Some may think it's admirable, most people around him though find him intolerable. He does act like quite the killjoy around the locker room where some players may or may not be signed to the SHL teams in the finals. These guys are happy and cheering and Carlos is quick to remind them they ain't there yet, they're in the J and they did not make the finals. so why are they so happy?

Code:
Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

S54 IIHF Predictions - with one FHM IIHF season under our belt, we've
got a bit more of a sense of how the tournament might play out in the
new sim engine. What are your predictions for the S54 IIHF or WJC
tournament - how do you think your team will fare this season? Who do
you think are the biggest contenders to take home the hardware and why?
3 TPE

Easy, Carlos is playing in the WJC for team Canada, and unlike last year he started off the exhibition round flying. He gets to take a more offensive role on that team than he did for the raptors this season and he's looking forward to finding the back of the net a lot more this tournament. Thusly, it's almost certain that Canada will repeat in the juniors here this year. With the new leadership of Rotticus Scott and an even better team than last years where most people called it a fluke, they are bound to assert their dominance on the international scene once more.

In the realy IIHF tournament, Carlos predicts Canada will win again, not for any reason other than he is Canadian and one hell of a patriot, it would take a lot for him to root for any other team and that day may never happen.

Code:
Code:
Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write
about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. These are absolutely two of the best goaltenders in the league in
Cain and Kryyst - which team has the advantage in net in this series?

b. There are two Johnsons in this series - Gabriel (HAM) and Darnell
(NOLA). In fact, the two used to host the Johnson & Johnson Podcast
together, but they're now on the ice as bitter rivals. Which team has
the better Johnson?

c. The Specters won both regular season matchups, but Hamilton finished
with better team stats overall. Do regular season head-to-heads provide
an accurate forecast for a playoff series? (answer predictively if it
hasn't happened yet; reactively if it has.)

d. If SDCore offered you an all-expenses paid week-long vacation to
either New Orleans or Hamilton, which city would you choose to go to?
(tough choice I know lol.) How would you spend your time there?
4 TPE

a: Kryyst is the superior player here if we're looking only at stats, and I guess when the question is who's the best goalie the best way of finding that out is to look at their stats so I'm confident Kryyst will come out the better goalie (Spoiler alert: he didn't).

b: I've never heard of Darnell Johnson but I do know Gabriel Johnson a little bit, or at least the name rings a bell, so I guess I gotta go for the Gabe. But really who knows that Darnell fella could be a good egg, how would I know, am I expected to know every single person in this league.

c: Seems like head to head matchup was the way to go cause New Orleans kept the beating going through the playoffs and just swept Hamilton like they weren't Hamilton. It's like they built their team specifically to go after Hamilton and it worked brillantly. Maybe they just got lucky though who knows.

d: New Orleans for sure, seems like a fun place to go party. Hamilton on the other hand is a small Canadian town and no offense to small Canadian towns but once you've seen one you've kinda seen them all am I right? Why is there even an SHL team there does the population really fill up a stadium?

Code:
CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each
correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked
below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get
credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

- WORD : Toblerone (3 TPE)

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

Quote:Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?
Into my second season as a Knight and my personal expectations were set pretty high.   After only picking up a grand total of 11 points in my rookie season playing on a 4th line, I set out to blow those personal stats by a vast margin.  Was really expecting the 30 point plateau and came up short with a measly 22 points.  All around though my game was in better form,  wanted to be better defensively and a little more physical.  Two check marks and that front as I was tossed into a defensive role centering the third line.  Did not hit the 100 hits but getting 70 isn't all that disappointing either.  Next season as I will be capped at 425 to begin the season, I am focusing on my physical strengths mostly and refine my offensive game.

Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the finals even though you're not in it? If so, what are your watch parties like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything) instead of following along? (if you're on Hamilton or New Orleans, or either of the 2 SMJHL teams that soon will be playing in the finals - congrats and sorry :p this one isn't for you!)
Thanks for your condolences and yes we are definitely going to watch and follow attentively the SMJHL finals.  We haven't began planning how the watch parties will proceed.  But knowing my family (Knoots), there will be a large group typing remarks and cheering or booing for any given team.  I'd say an easy 12 members will tune in and watch via the live stream and of coarse our favorite discord channel #drunk_tank!  Personally I will bring to my laptop a cool alcoholic beverage and some crispy Ringolo chips and enjoy the show.  Might also invite the misses to sit down and cheer on with me or simply have a drink together. Cheers!

Verification word- Snoop

c. The Specters won both regular season matchups, but Hamilton finished with better team stats overall. Do regular season head-to-heads provide an accurate forecast for a playoff series? (answer predictively if it hasn't happened yet; reactively if it has.)

A- Two outstanding goaltenders but my choice here lies with the one and only Geezus Kryyst!  Advantage given to Hamilton's netminder after nearly tying his career high wins (35) with 32 wins and posting career high shut outs (8).  Butterflying or standing behind that defense is a no brainer at this point.
B-Well I have a very biased opinion on this one.  First off I never new there were two Johnsons' and secondly I have already chatted with Gabriel (HAM) and has much insight on the game itself.  So therefore it makes him a much better player on the blueline.  Offensively at least. Oh and sorry for that Darnell.
C- I think it does have an impact on the series as this proves that the matchups are in NOLA favor, but with some slight tweaking of the strategies and some good or better team scouting, the better team with the better players will prevail.  Hamilton hands down in a dog fight as this series will go the distance.
D- Hmmm this is crazy, obviously I would choose to go to Hamilton!  Being an outdoorsey fellow, the vast nature parks bordering the Ontario Lake are to die for.  And add to that the numerous water falls to take in to watch and relax or simply go in for a swim.  And if ever i do get bored (not) I can easily go to a nearby golf coarse and take in an 18 hole with family and friends.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Occasionally, broadcast networks will bring an active player into the TV coverage of ongoing finals if their team has been eliminated, and that player is often to give unique insights from a current player's perspective. During this NOLA-HAM finals, which SHL player or prospect would be a good addition to the Challenge Cup TV coverage? Why would that player be a good addition to the broadcast team?
I have two players that quickly come to mind but I'll go with the first one that pooped up immediately to me.  I would think that with all the years of experience this player has, combined with the playoff runs he has gone through and Championships won Mike Izzy would be a great addition to any televised crew.  Very active on forum sites and with great podcasts, he clearly has a knack for television and audiences.  He is straight to the point and always respectful to others.  Also has a knack for making grand entrances into SHL draft days or various forum threads.  I would also like to have an honorable mention to Jimmy Wagner, although not as experienced as Izzy, he definitely has all the information needed to cover any hockey game in the SHL.

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Code:
This season, my individual player goal was to surpass my point totals from last season. It may not be a large feat to surpass as last season I only had 2 goals and 7 assists for 9 points; however, it was a personal goal because being able to surpass it meant that I am progressing forward with my player. To be honest, halfway into the season my chances weren't looking great. The Whalers as a team had like 4 points on the season and Sato wasn't faring all that much better with 2 assists. This meant that he was on track for a total of 4 points. Thankfully though, the Whalers seemed to have magically took a turn for the better after trading away top players like Sven Yxskaft and Ohlsson. The trade of Yxskaft meant Sato would be the new top defenseman on the blueline alongside Slimey Snail. Sato was able to turn up the intensity with 4 goals and 8 assists for the remainder of the season. This met my personal hopes surpassing last year's point totals by 5 points, hitting double digits for the first time! 
189 words

Code:
The Vancouver Whalers rocky start and disappointing ending isn't stopping me nor a couple of my teammates from tuning into the finals. The SMJHL finals is the Carolina Kraken versus the Anaheim Outlaws. The Outlaws have Ohlsson who we traded for a 4th round pick which becomes a 3rd rounder if they made it to the finals. To be honest, now that they have made it, it would be beneficial for Vancouver if the Kraken with Sven win the cup to fulfill the clause. The clause was that if Carolina wins the cup, Vancouver would keep the 4th round pick that we traded to them. And so, between the 2 teams I'm sure Vancouver would be cheering for Carolina so we could keep our pick and our longtime player and captain Sven Yxskaft would be able to win the Four Star Cup before he gets called up to the SHL. Also, I'm helping to write a media piece for the finals with Smalinowski so be sure to check it out!
170 words

Code:
It has been publicized a decent amount on this site but Hamilton prospect Andrei Kostitsyn's brother Sergei appears to be missing. Does anybody know where Sergei? What have you done/what can you do to help Andrei track down his brother?
Oh I can't believe that I didn't hear about this sooner! I've always heard about (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn but I had no clue that his brother Sergei has been missing. I have so many question like how long he has gone missing and when and where was the last time he saw him? Has anyone asked (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn these important questions? Maybe it would help lead us to finding a lead on his brother's whereabouts. I'll be sure to keep a look out for any signs of Sergei and I'm sure with the combined power of the SHL we will be able to help Andrei find his missing brother.
110 words

Code:
S54 IIHF Predictions - with one FHM IIHF season under our belt, we've got a bit more of a sense of how the tournament might play out in the new sim engine. What are your predictions for the S54 IIHF or WJC tournament - how do you think your team will fare this season? Who do you think are the biggest contenders to take home the hardware and why?
Being one of the returning GMs for Team World alongside Nhamlet, I think we are both excited and confident on how our team will perform this WJC. Last season, our WJC saw a lot of new rookies join in their first season. And so, this year with a majority of them returning, our team is better than ever. This is especially true with the extra additions this season such as JMac nCheese on our first forward line and Cillian Kavanagh as our starting goaltender. We also have top scorer Ryuuji Minamino and an elite defenseman in Adam Scianna. Also, the craziest thing to happen was Mikkel Asmus Sondergard being left off of the UCORCAL WJC team! Having talked to Sondergard, he was angered that the UCORCAL GMs left him off the team and vowed to join World to get his revenge. This was an amazing addition for us as defense would be the greatest issue for Team World if it wasn't for Sondergard joining. And so, this is how a powerhouse of a team got put together and the team is excited to be able to fight for the championships after a tough loss last season. I would personally bank on Team World being top 2 in their group and winning a medal this season. However, we shouldn't be too confident as some top teams last season were knocked out early. Regardless, this WJC should be very interesting for Team World.
241 words

Code:
Personally I'd go with New Orleans Specters player Joe Kurczewski on making it to the Hall of Fame. Kurczewski has played a large number of seasons in the SHL, the most from my point of view, and he certainly has had a number of playoff appearances. In addition to his games played, in his entire career playing in the SMJHL, SHL, and IIHF, Kurczewski has gotten himself 524 goals and 653 assists for 1177 points. This isn't even including his playoff numbers which are insane as well due to all his appearances. Even if some people don't believe he is a Hall of Famer, I think he certainly should at least be given some thought because of his fantastic and long career in the SHL.
125 words

Code:
Occasionally, broadcast networks will bring an active player into the TV coverage of ongoing finals if their team has been eliminated, and that player is often to give unique insights from a current player's perspective. During this NOLA-HAM finals, which SHL player or prospect would be a good addition to the Challenge Cup TV coverage? Why would that player be a good addition to the broadcast team?
Not knowing too many people in the SHL, I'd have to pick someone from either the Toronto locker room or the Vancouver locker room. I think if we would like someone with a lot of insight and knowledge to this league, I'd have to go with Luke Thomason. Thomason is well versed in SHL history and I know puts a lot of time and effort into learning about teams and players. Also, having listened to him talk, I think he is able to speak well and provide good insight and commentary. He certainly isn't afraid of cracking a joke here and there either. However, my second pick would be Name Redacted. Redacted has had some great commentary skills in the SMJHL speaking about events such as that time a game between the Carolina Kraken and Anchorage Armada was restarted numerous times. He also showed great commentary recently about how our Vancouver coach had issues seeing over the bench. Overall, I think he'd be a great addition to the Challenge Cup TV coverage as he'd certainly be capable of holding his own there.
182 words

Code:
a. Between the two goaltenders, I think that although Aleister Cain has the advantage of having more seasons under his belt, Kryyst has shown to be the better overall goaltender this season. In the regular season, Kryyst put up a 2.22 goals against average and a 0.913 save percentage. Cain put up a 2.78 goals against average and a 0.903 save percentage. This shows that in the regular season, Kryyst performed better. The playoffs show a similar story but this time both have a 0.927 save percentage at the time I'm writing this.
92 words

b. I can't go against Gabriel Johnson. I may be biased because he helped me in the SMJHL and helped develop Sato, but even without that Gabriel Johnson has 2 more points than Darnell this playoffs so far. Also, Gabriel Johnson is trusted with top line ice time putting up 40+ shots blocked, 20+ hits and a game rating of 68. The numbers don't lie showing Gabriel Johnson to be the better of the two Johnsons.
75 words

c. While regular season matchups can show a part of the story, I don't think that they will provide an entirely accurate forecast for the playoff series. These teams have developed beyond the 2 games they played each other in the regular season. They have 48 other regular season games and all the playoff experience that brought them to the finals. And so, I think that although head to heads provide part of the story, they certainly don't tell the full story on how this series is going to unfold.
89 words

d. Being Canadian, between New Orleans and Hamilton I'd probably go with Hamilton. There may not be much to explore there but I've always wanted to start in Toronto and take the train up the East coast to Montreal with stops on the way in places like Ottawa. It's a simple goal but I feel like there's so much more Canadian places and history for me to see, along with a bunch of people to meet.
75 words

Code:
Dex

16/16 TPE (plus 7 backup TPE just in case I messed up anything)

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

16. Trivia

word: orange

[Image: benoconnor.gif]
[Image: H9wdMVb.png?1]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png]

50 games, 30 points, for me it is not something I can be proud of. Sure, it might be the highest scoring center this season for the Panthers, and I might have gotten my ass on the first line, but it are not numbers to write home about. Maybe it’s just me and scoring is way more even for our team then some others, but I would expect some higher career numbers by now, especially with Atreides moving into the 1100 tpe and higher category. The building of this player is just slow despite doing most of the stuff on the site, this low pace does not excite me at all. I will try to keep doing what i’m doing and hoping to be more involved offensively. With some new upgrades hopefully my player will become better and better, we have moved my first attributes into the 17 category, so lets hope this shows some improvements the upcoming season.

Words: 159

We certainly will not be watching. We deserved to be in the finals but playoff luck for New Orleans once again pushed us out in the conference finals. Last year it was a heartbreak, same thing this year. We want to win this thing, for Los Angeles, for Wasty. But luck just isn’t on our side. But I will definitly not be watching but focussing my time on different things, playing the newly started HockeyDynasty with a lot of other shl members, watching how the draft turns out in the vhl for our team with a 2nd and 6th overall pick and working hard on improving my tight-end in the EFL. All options are more thrilling to follow then a finals you are not playing in. Maybe next year as we certainly will not give up the fight. We may not live to see LA’s glory, but one day our children will tell our story, they will tell how it started tonight.

Words: 162

It has been publicized a decent amount on this site but Hamilton prospect Andrei Kostitsyn's brother Sergei appears to be missing. Does anybody know where Sergei? What have you done/what can you do to help Andrei track down his brother?

Oh I know this story, his teammates searched for him in the bar, they searched for him in the disco, they searched for him in the toilets, , they searched for him in the bar, but no one could find Sergei. So they kept looking and looking around, but nothing to be found. Turns out, he was so wasted from all the alcohol that he passed out in a corner at home in his own vomit… Yep, exactly what you would expect from a Kostitsyn brother. Nothing to worry about, this happens all the time with them and they won’t remember a thing so the next night it will be exactly the same.

Words: 112

S54 IIHF Predictions - with one FHM IIHF season under our belt, we've got a bit more of a sense of how the tournament might play out in the new sim engine. What are your predictions for the S54 IIHF or WJC tournament - how do you think your team will fare this season? Who do you think are the biggest contenders to take home the hardware and why?

As always team Brittain, team Brexit, team United Kingdom, team Island in the sea, I don’t remember what we are called these days, but we will be a competitor for the gold. As last year we had to settle for silver after winning the last STHS era gold medal. So our team should not give up and will only continue to battle for the hardware. I have no idea how regression is hunting us, I really do not pay attention for that, but I trust our management to know how to handle everything and make sure that we will compete. Our biggest rivals will be Canada and the United States, as they usually get the most new members so they have the biggest pool to choose from. But it will just be them battling for the other medals, as gold is the only thing that matters for the brittish. That and getting away from the European Union to screw ourselves over.

Words: 161

It all depends if you want great quality television or if you want something controversial. If the second option, we will make sure GOD McZehrl will join the television broadcast. He can do the commentary on the game with no restrictions on what he will say. We all know people love trashy television and this will be the epitome of this. With McZehrl on your broadcast you are surely entitled to some controversial opinions. We all looked at Jerry Springer when we were kids, imagina that but 10 times worse. McZehrl will provide this for you so you better hire him today for this job!

Incase you want to go for the more analytical approac, I would recommend Mr. Creller, our coach. He will definitly be able to give some insight behind the tactics chosen and explain the game in a way none of you had seen it before. It’s like he is from another world in his analyses. This would be the actual advise if you want quality tv.

Words: 170

OS1

17/16

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

PBE Affiliate +3
1. Reflection+3
I think Bork Lazer did amazing compared to last season. I thought Bork Lazer did great last season as well. This year I was hoping to be too five in hits but I was top 20. Where I was surprised at how fucking awesome Bork Lazer is and better than fools like MAS and Meszaros was the fact Bork Lazer was top 3 in takeaways as well as top 3 in shots blocked. Bork Lazer was practically the Anchorage Armadas third goalie. I would just think being able to gain experience and keep earning tpe I will be well on my way to being the best. Next season I think I will go full Chad mode at the 425 cap I got some plans for big daddy Bork to really fuck the J up good. Bork Lazer coming for defensive player of the year. Gonna make sure it is a lock. No question about it.
2. Didn't Make it +3
Yeah thanks for bringing that bullshit up that we lost to Kelowna knights and we're not able to make it to the finals that's pretty damn rude of you. Well let us talk about an Anchorage Armada watch party. I do not know if you know this or not but we are kind cliquey in Anchorage. Us defense players like to stick with one another. So really Bork Lazer being th e Chad that he is invites all of his fellow defensive Linesmen over to his luxurious cabin in the woods home in Minnesota where Bork resides in the off-season. So Matt Sawful, Pojo Biscuit, Alexi Petrikov, Igor Victory and Oliver Setzinger all get together and make fun of all the simps on the remaining teams in the finals. Yeah they are in finals but they still be massive simps. Plus we are cheering for the homie Mitchell Van der Heijden on New Orleans while pounding brewskis.
13. Challenge cup related +4
A. As a new Orleans Specters prospect I am going to go homer on this that my boy Cain is the better goalie. He may be a bum, but damnit he is our bum and he can be good sometimes. So yeah I think advantage goes to us with Cain in the net.
B. This is the easiest of the questions to answer. Gabe Johnson is a rat so obviously he is not going to be the better Johnson no matter who the other Johnson is. Then you put my boy Darnell Johnson is the one we are comparing it is not even close. Darnell the number one Johnson on this contest.
C. Are we really trying to compare stats to fucking head to head that is just crazy to me. I'm this series the only thing that will matter is if you beat the other team 4 times. So you see how new Orleans was the one who won the series in the regular season that's your winners here.
D. SDCore is giving me the option of an all expense paid vacation to either new Orleans or Hamilton. Well the first thing I am going to do is smack SDCore for these the only two options cause I'd like to go on a real vacation but if I have to chose I'll go new Orleans because of all the things you can do there.
16. Trivia +3
Verification word: Bork>MAS

[Image: lazer2.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2020, 03:10 PM by puolivalmiste.)

As we moved to second season of FHM I started working during offseason to make my new build a better one, in the end I ended up helping most of the team to do the same. Personally my player did turn from two-way to defensive defenseman and that to no surprise effected my personal point totals. For first half of the season I played on second pairing but as I was already Co-GM by then i made some changes to lines moving me to third pairing to play with Gay as we wanted to get bit more equal ice time to take load from top lines and defensive pair. This move ended up being pretty good for Gay as he had solid season which in my books is exactly what I was looking for as he was our teams worst defenseman. As in general team performed way better than season before I feel like Björn did his part well even though not all stats might reflect that at first look. For next season I need to figure if our two defensemen who are called up can handle themselves or if I once again solify the third pair.

I remember when Andrei joined the league and pushed for the issue but I have to say I have not been following these news lately as closely as they would require and have yet to do anything to help Andrei on his search. I hope he finds him but wouldn't be holding my breath as these things tend to stay mysterious, unresolved and unclean. So I really doubt that anyone who cares about their own well being knows where he is or to that matter makes stupid questions about it in championship week, we wouldn't want them to join Sergei wouldn't we?

So last season IIHF did show us that I didn't in the end care too much after we were out. Another thing learned from that was the fact that any SMJHL players are really bad compared to SHL players (from other teams than Tampa) so to surprise no one teams that can have that depth really performed well. So in general I think US and Canada will be dominant for this seasons (and most likely for as long as this site exists) but after them it gets bit more interesting as other than Great Britain being above rest mostly rest of the teams in groups were withing pretty small margin that could be easily decided by luck this upcoming season so I think that teams making playoffs are still pretty open making it an interesting event. Even though Finland finished almost last in our group we had some promising signs and we could be way better in few seasons once our players start moving up from SMJHL.

For perfect coverage and analyzing of the finals I think Jean-Pierre Gay would fit like a glove to these finals. This players was for quite while a member of Steelhawks and knows many players still playing there personally, which might make him bit biased but that hopefully should make his commentary bit more colorful and I'm not really sure if Hamilton wanted to get rid of him as he never developed into superstar they had hoped, so the bias might be to other way, we can't really tell before we have tried. He never reached his full potential and as this will be his last season at SHL I feel like it might be last change for him to be relevant even though I know he has connections around league and seems to be very close to people who are or have been part of different management teams (for example some early Portland GM's) and he seems to have pretty good understanding on how hockey worked just two seasons ago.

13. Written 2 TPE

A. Well even though it seems that goalies and their stats are not too influential to end result of the game I have to give the favor to Cain and New Orleans. Even with super optimized build i doubt you can make a better goalie when you have almost 350 tpe less, team and the defense might be make worse goalie look like he is better though, yet we haven't seen it so far during this final series.

B. So just because I really haven't seen or been in any contact with Darnell it is hard to compare these two when I have been around Gabe since he joined Vancouver management. We also were both part of SMJHL awards committee for while and now he I joined him in GM chat, my experience with him has been good but as general consensus tell's us that Gabe sucks yet Hotdog published media piece saying exactly the opposite I fear that opinion on him might turn around so I take safe route and imagine that he just doesn't exist at all. So cleary the only Johnson, Darnell Johnson is the best.

16. +3 TPE
gottagofast

Total TPE: 16/16

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2020, 08:00 AM by Thor.)

While the Detroit team had a pretty rough season on the whole, resulting in a playoff place but first round loss despite having a very similar team to the record breakers of S53, Thor Odinson found himself having another very good season in every column except the wins. Though last season it could be argued that Odinson's statistics were a product of the strong team he was playing for, this season the situation is reversed - while the Falcons had a tough time while he was playing, Odinson still excelled in the net and made every effort to contribute. With a strong first two seasons under his belt, next year Odinson expects to remain in the Junior leagues with the Falcons and will look to continue that trend, with Jobin moving into his final season of eligibility Odinson expects to share time in the net with him before moving to take the reigns himself in his own last season.

Odinson is from Norway, but with the WJC approaching in the coming weeks, he found himself without a team as Team Norway brought in a new goalie to take the reigns providing Team World with two better options in the net. Thor expected to find himself watching the WJC games at home on the couch, but instead received a call from the GM of Team Sweeden to find a new emergency goalie to fill in as their backup. While he will be excited to play in the tournament, many have questioned how commited he will be to playing for a different nationality - but Thor says he'll put it all on the line for whichever team he's on the ice defending, as he believes he's the keeper of all mankind. While I'm not sure exactly what he means like that, with him on their team I couldn't pick anyone but Sweeden to come away with the win in these upcoming matchups.

breaking

I don't know enough about either of these guys to say for sure, but if I were to go off name basis alone I'd say that Hamilton has the advantage with Kryyst - a fellow member of the community of immortals, Odinson finds himself with a strange connection to this player. One might even say the Steelhawks have god on their side.

In this situation I am going to go against what I hear many say and take Gabriel as the better Johnson. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting or seeing anything of Darnell but I'm sure he's fantastic as well, but I've spoked on many occasions with Gaberiel and find he's top notch.

I think that while regular season head to head games can be a wonderful indicator of what to expect from a seven game series, there are so many more factors that come into play when things shift into playoff mode. I could definitely see either team coming away with it in this one, but think it will end up going to Hamilton for the series.

If offered this opportunity I would end up going to New Orleans, even though I've been there once before I'd get back there again because I didn't feel as though I had the time to explore and see everything that I wanted to. I'd be looking to go on a ton of spooky adventures, walking ghost tours and the like.

NSFL Welfare +3 username - Thor

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 07:54 PM by Tayjay.)

Code:
I'm not sure who this person is but I may have seen them on the back of the milk cartoon I use for my Honey Nut Cheerios. Of course I call the number to see what I can do to help this poor chap. I meet a group downtown at the hockey arena and they gave me a stack of flyers to post everywhere and bring me into their Headquarters where they have all of his favorite places attached to people of interest with strings of yarn. Maybe he doesn't want to be found. Maybe he wants to Jason Bourne his way into retirement and live a life away from the bright lights of the SHL.

Code:
PBE Affiliate

Code:
I think Taylor Johansson had a very good year this year. His best statistical season to date but ended in defeat at the hands of Carolina in the SMJHL Finals. He was top 15 in points in the league and top 10 in assists while providing amazing defense for the Outlaws this season. He led the league in in takeaways and had the third highest Defensive Grade out of the entire juniors. Highest Defensive Grade by 6 points to the next forward as well. The increased contribution on the defensive end had a great impact on Taylor's play this season. He lost a little speed this year but he made up for it by the increased presence in the checking and hitting departments. Next season I will be playing up in the majors so I think just working on everything I was working on this past offseason. Being able to read the offense and defense while remaining quick and speedy will benefit myself and Toronto.

Code:
Toronto

Code:
8. Written (150 words min.) or Graphic, 3 TPE
With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means the other 26 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Written option: give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they can keep fans' optimism high. Graphic option: the team has rented a billboard in town with an inspiring message to fans to keep optimism high; show the billboard (must include team logo and whatever the optimistic message is).
It's been a great year Outlaw fans but unfortunately we were unable to close out the series against Carolina. They were a great team and we tip our caps to them and their fans. We are no strangers to retooling and we expect that to be no different next year. We have consistently fielded solid regular season teams and excellent playoff teams. We know where and when the important games take place and we build our teams specifically for those types of games. It's going to hurt to lose guys like Strom who have been staples here for a number of years but I trust Donini and Borro and all of the others that will step up in their place. We will be back and we expect you to come and cheer us on as we look to bring our third championship here to Anaheim. We will not rest until we have another banner hanging from the rafters in the area. Good night and God Bless.

Code:
14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
I would have to give it to the Carolina goaltender, Frans Eller. We came into the series winning in the first and second round in 5 games apiece. We managed to bring it back to even footing at two games to two, but was able to only give up one goal in Game 5 and then pitch a shutout in Game 6. Giving up only 13 goals in 6 games was good enough for just over 2 Goals Against on average. When Carolina needed a stop Frans was able to step up and shutdown an Anaheim team that was known for their offensive prowess. He deserves the series MVP for the Carolina Kraken

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Advice to save your marriage and get your Ex Boyfriend/girlfriend back ,contact me now, for Urgent effective love Spell to get ex lover back or save you marriage fast
My name is Dr Amigo, It is my Destiny to offer my psychic advice and spiritual guidance to serve others. Life is a journey and each one of us deserves to enjoy the ride. Yes there will be highs and lows on this journey but it is how we handle the lows and how we overcome the negatives barriers that define who we are and define our path and destiny. If you use each negative conflict as a tool to grow and learn you will be a very strong and happy person. I might help you overcome your heartache and teach you how to feel and grow and to experience love. Let me help you with your worries and problems and understand what you need to do to achieve the future you desire. I can feel the thoughts and feelings of others. I may use my powers to see the feelings of your loved one. When I do this you will get clarity into your relationship. This is a powerful tool to be used with extreme care send me your problem now through this Email: [email protected]
MY SPELLS AND SERVICES are as follows:
Attract a new lover
Court Case Spells
Spells to dismiss a court case
Remove bad luck
Communicate with the dead
Make your lover commit
Finding a lost item
Find happiness
Heal an addiction
Know the future
Make more money
Get out of debt
Family peace & good fortune
You need a trusted advisory
Cleansing ceremonies
Love Spells
Commitment spells
Attraction spells
Soul mate spells
Marriage spells
Binding love spells
Healing spells
Bad energy,
hex removal spells
Luck spells
Job spells
Success spells

Julio had a phenomenal season, and played far more effectively than in seasons prior. With the free build change, the GM’s advised the high earning cow to put a little extra juice into his offensive abilities, particularly scoring. Previously, a focus had been applied on passing, skating and defensive play, and the metric that Julio liked to best admire was his giveaway/takeaway ratio. Now Julio competes in the point scoring category, and led the league for many weeks with his combination of goals assisted and goals scored.
Next season, Julio is going to continue to his offensive focus, as he comes into his last season before regression. Working with the GMs to make Julio effective in more playing situations is going to be another point of focus. Ideally, Julio will be able to jump to any line or situation and be able to be effective with the linemates that he has been given.
Compared to the first six seasons in the pros, Julio’s performance had a major jump. I expect some more small improvements, but nothing as drastic as this season’s.

In normal seasons, Julio always makes it a point to watch the full duration of the season. This season, though, Julio will be following from afar, cornered away at the beach with his family. With a terrible internet connection, following the challenge cup live will be a challenge.
Last season, the Edmonton Blizzard got together to watch some big non-regular season events. At the start of the government mandated covid quarantine, we all watched from our own homes. Julio purchased an extra monitor for his rig so that he could watch the game on one full screen and video chat with the gang on the other.
A few of Julio’s teammates really enjoy betting on out of league games together. College football rivalries and dog fighting are topics that teammates will typically get together to root for, and throw some money around.
This season, Julio will be rooting for NOLA from afar, even though both teams winning would solidify Edmonton’s legacy.

As a gold receiving member of team USA, I would be foolish to not tout the power and effectiveness of the United States of America. In fact, I believe that USA will take home double gold this season, and I will tell you why. USA varsity (AKA IIHF) has been growing their TPE count, and begun to rotate some of their older players. The younger and newer crop of USA players have been earning well, and the management team has done a good job in the past of getting players where they need to be in order to be successful.
Star goalie, Aleister Cain is reaching the height of his game. With multiple gold medals under his belt already, this season he has the opportunity to flex his game for a challenge cup before the IIHF tournament starts, and I think that would get the boys pretty fired up.
For WJC, star goalies Chamberlain and Jobin have been grinding all off season, and Geekusoid’s management style is very deep and involved, including personalized simming files for all potential situations.

Aleister Cain is the star goalie for the New Orleans Spectors. Cain is effective in both league play, and in IIHF. He is an incredibly committed member of his community and team. His (TPE) gains are massive and his abilities are much higher than any previous player at his position for any team, even with the positional disadvantage of the equipment / off season training / coaching.
Cain’s SHL play has suffered from inconsistent management. I’m writing this without internet, so I can’t really cherry pick facts, but I’m pretty sure he is the active leader for starts, or post season starts. He’s been pulling his team’s weight for a while.
In the IIHF, he regularly wins gold or silver medals, despite the TPE of the active rosters being nearly the same.
For those reasons, I believe that Aleister Cain has the best odds to end up in the hall of fame of the players still competing.

Tony Pepperoni would be the correct choice of guest commentator. He has tons of league insight and really knows the pulse of the other 15 teams. With his unique knowledge of the league, general likeability, and sense of humor, Tony Pepperoni is ready for the big leagues both on the simulated ice and in the broadcast booth.
Additionally, Tony Pepperoni has schemed against both teams and knows their strategies and players well. In the league’s 51st and 53rd season, Pepperoni was the star player and assistant GM of the Edmonton Blizzard, who lost to the Hamilton Steelhawks. He has watched their franchise grow and adapt to the multiple systems and has a very niche knowledge of their franchise.
Furthermore, Tony’s Edmonton Blizzard have a bit of a rivalry with the New Orleans Spectors. The Blizzard were broken up during the expansion draft, and many of the members of the “best team of all time: Blizzard Season 46” ended up in New Orleans. Losing in 6 (or 7?) games in the first round this year picks the scab of the rivalry.

Verification: inactive

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 04:26 PM by Renomitsu.)

I was relatively unhappy with my player’s personal performance this season, but I’m extremely satisfied with my team’s level of success. I didn’t get the number of hits or shot blocks I wanted to, and my overall impact on the ice was greatly reduced relative to my SMJHL rookie season – and that’s in spite of having more TPE! I felt as though I had significantly lower impact on the offensive and defensive ice in spite of improving attributes on both ends, though it may have been because my pair-mate was so prolific throughout the season.

At this point, individual performance is kind of irrelevant for me. We’re in the SMJHL championship and I certainly can’t complain with team success, especially as an assistant captain – I’ll sit and accrue all of the bad +/- or GR I can if it means we’re going to take a Four Star Cup home. We came somewhat close last season and I’d love to make Anaheim proud again. (163)

At this point, most any serious player on Buffalo would probably be able to provide good insight on the finals, but I think a member of the SJHN or SHN would be great choices for the broadcast. As a result, winger Luke Thomason of the Manhattan Rage would be an ideal selection. He’s done great analytic work on the top regular season defensemen and forwards and understands (to an extent) their playing styles, tendencies, and overall builds.

That being said, it’s hard to say how a writer would perform in the broadcast booth relative to a seasoned broadcasting analyst. After all, one of the benefits of writing is that you get to edit and re-write your thoughts, while live broadcasts don’t allow that luxury – in general it makes for a more succinct and well-put-together line of discussion. Regardless, with a little training I think Luke Thomason would be a great addition to the broadcasting booth – but we won’t know ‘til we try! (162)

8. Written (150 words min.) or Graphic, 3 TPE
With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means the other 26 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Written option: give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they can keep fans' optimism high. Graphic option: the team has rented a billboard in town with an inspiring message to fans to keep optimism high; show the billboard (must include team logo and whatever the optimistic message is).
An uncomfortable silence settled on the presser: Buffalo was out of the playoffs, tossed away without so much as a second thought by the Hamilton Steelhawks. The general manager made his way swiftly into the conference room, sat at his chair, and wasted no time.

“Let’s address the elephant in the room,” he began, “we’re out of the playoffs. We came up short against Hamilton.”

“There’s no easy way to say that, and I know it’s disappointing. We were expected to the best in the league – and for the regular season, we certainly held up that end of the bargain. But what matters at the end of the day is the cup – after all, the regular season is just to earn ourselves an advantageous position for the playoffs.”

“But I want our fans to consider what this means,” he continued, “because our team is full of extremely talented veterans, with some great prospects in the pipeline to continue our dominance of the league throughout the season – not just the regular season. We’ll go back to the drawing board and come back stronger, without question. If our team is capable of a fantastic regular season, understand we’ll be back when the next comes.” (202)

When I first came into the league, Aleister Cain was the goalie I knew. Not because I knew the user beforehand or anything like that, but because he was just that good – I didn’t know much if anything else about the league than that. I think Kryyst benefits slightly from the incredible tactics and synergy from his teammates as a member of Hamilton – see the Buffalo series, which puts him a fraction of a notch below Cain. (77)

I’m not sure it’s my place to evaluate other teams’ Johnsons – don’t you think that’s something better saved for a private moment? That being said, Gabriel Johnson has 1515 TPE to Darnell’s 900+, and has vastly better offensive ratings overall. I don’t think it’s much of a stretch to say Gabriel Johnson has a massive advantage over Darnell in this matchup, and I’m honestly not even sure how often they’ll play against each other due to differences in lines. (79)

Absolutely not. Hamilton is good in the regular season; these past two seasons, they’ve shown they’re GREAT in the post-season, indicative of how clever their management has been since the start of S53 (or the switch to FHM, whichever seems to coincide best). I’d also argue that Buffalo should have had a reasonable shot against Hamilton by virtue of great management and extremely high TPE w/ good regular season results – but my hurting heart says otherwise. (76)

Uh, right now? In this environment? No way, Jose. I’m not touching either one of those places, and I’m going to stay put in my little bubble here in the mid-Atlantic. I’m not trying to catch corona by going from one hot spot to another, and I like the comfort of home in these weird times. Plus I’m basically married to the hospital so… (64)

Verification Word - vagabond

Being claimed (username Mysa) in NSFL as a PT Pass for PT #4 - the Butterfly Effect.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!