Create Account

Hockey Dynasty

Hello SHL,

I’m coming to you today to talk about our newest affiliation, Hockey Dynasty, which you can find at hockeydynasty.com. Before we get started I want to give a big thank you to @SDCore and the entire HO for allowing this partnership to go through and to @TheDangaZone and @Katth for their help in setting up this post!

So what is Hockey Dynasty? Hockey Dynasty (or HD in short) is a classic hockey manager game which falls into the “easy to learn, hard to master” category. It has all the things that you want from a manager game, trades and contract negotiations, finances and the draft as well as detailed player stats and tactical options. On top of that, it also has real-time games that you can follow live. But unlike many other manager games, especially in the hockey world, it is also incredibly polished and super easy to get into.

HD doesn’t rely on a forum structure, like we have to in the SHL, or has to use crutches like STHS, EHM or FHM which can make things rather complicated, but has its own unique engine and website. All of it has been developed specifically for this game by an incredibly committed developer by the name of archanian, who is running the site as a non-profit one-man project right now, paying for the servers out of his own pocket and all that even though the league already has hundreds of managers.

Another plus to this league is that it has a multi-tier system. So unlike many other manager leagues, it is not limited to 30 teams, but it can support hundreds or even thousands of managers who are trying to work their way up to the very top. And on a personal note, I can’t emphasize enough how impressed I am by the work archanian has done over there and how professional the game looks and feels even though it is completely free, especially if you compare it to a league like the SHL which is very complex but also quite hard to navigate due to the forum restraints.

I hope as many of you as possible check out HD and give it a chance. It is very low maintenance and perfect as a chill side league to a more complex player sim like the SHL. It’s easy to figure out and you don’t have to invest more than a few minutes a week to keep your team running, but if you want you can also spend hours upon hours in the game while talking trade with other managers or trying to figure out the ideal line combinations for the next match-up against your big rival, who might very well be someone that joined with you from the SHL. The league is currently in the off-season, with the draft being on Saturday, July 4th, and the new season starting on July 12th, so now is the perfect time to join.

A similar recruitment post will be made over on their site, so hopefully a bunch of people from Hockey Dynasty will join the SHL as well and we can make this an awesome, mutually beneficial process! The first person from HD has already joined us for the last junior draft and me and a couple of other SHLers have been playing HD for a few months now, so we hope that this partnership can grow further with an official recruitment affiliation!

Thank you for your time and we hope to see you over on hockeydynasty.com! You can also join our Discord here: https://discord.gg/rmyGuma

Cheers,
RED and Katth for archanian and hockeydynasty.com

actually looks pretty fun

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I'll give it a shot.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Ok but you guys have to explain where my time is going to my girlfriend this time

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Well, this very much interests me.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

4 month seasons? Kekw

Gl hf

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

How do you know what teams already exist so you don't end up creating the same team as someone else?

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Hmmmm

interesting

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Interesting... so kinda like FHM's standard game...

[Image: hudson.png]

You're telling me I can make the Quebec Kekws happen for real?

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

I've been playing this since it came back. Just finished up Season 2.

It's definitely not similar to this. Much slower pace but once you get used to it, you appreciate being able to take some time away from the game and not get screwed. Has a more realistic schedule.

Everything being built right into the browser makes it very easy and intuitive. I'm II.1, Halifax Citadels.

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

07-02-2020, 02:21 PMZaitsev Wrote: I've been playing this since it came back. Just finished up Season 2.

It's definitely not similar to this. Much slower pace but once you get used to it, you appreciate being able to take some time away from the game and not get screwed. Has a more realistic schedule.

Everything being built right into the browser makes it very easy and intuitive. I'm II.1, Halifax Citadels.

II.1 hardest of all the tier II leagues. i just finished last in the III.2 (i tried hard to get last, i want that 6* prospect)

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

07-02-2020, 02:52 PMMP7 Wrote:
07-02-2020, 02:21 PMZaitsev Wrote: I've been playing this since it came back. Just finished up Season 2.

II.1 hardest of all the tier II leagues. i just finished last in the III.2 (i tried hard to get last, i want that 6* prospect)

I decided to join as well. I'm starting out in III.9 Portland Pirates.  Seems like there's not a lot I can do until after the draft on Saturday. I can't sign free agents and i can't even scout people.  I saw the preferences you can set for drafting, I assume it autodrafts?

[Image: hudson.png]

07-02-2020, 02:57 PMEricNCSU Wrote:
07-02-2020, 02:52 PMMP7 Wrote: II.1 hardest of all the tier II leagues. i just finished last in the III.2 (i tried hard to get last, i want that 6* prospect)

I decided to join as well. I'm starting out in III.9 Portland Pirates.  Seems like there's not a lot I can do until after the draft on Saturday. I can't sign free agents and i can't even scout people.  I saw the preferences you can set for drafting, I assume it autodrafts?

ayy im III.9 same with Kimmy and tommy

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]