Create Account

Ranking the WJC teams by TPE

Ranking the WJC Teams by TPE:
*disclaimer* all TPE totals were calculated on 7/3/20. This took me wayyy longer than I thought it would. 2x for WJC media

I thought it'd be interesting to rank this year's WJC teams by their average TPE per person. To accomplish all of this I transcribed each team's roster, and then using Player Analyze and the forum's player searches I compiled the players TPE. In addition, and for fun I included the breakdown of SMJHL teams as well. I decided to leave in player's full TPE, instead of the max 425, to give a better overall representation of the teams. I've ranked the teams by the average TPE per team, instead of the total TPE. I feel this gave a better read to the entire team and treated it more like NHL20. The spreadsheet I created that lists the teams and their TPE can be found here. For the team representation, I counted IA, and FA under the "SHL" category.

1. TEAM DACH  Austria Switzerland Germany
[Image: xojWTUo.jpg]

Team DACH has the highest average TPE and the 3rd highest total TPE out of the 8 teams in this season's WJC. This is an extremely strong roster that the GM's have put together, if they're not in contention for the Gold this year, it'll shock everybody.

Highest TPE on the roster:
Cal Labovitch 850 TPE Falcons
Jack Kanoff 680 TPE Falcons
Steve Harrington 680 TPE Knights
Jimmy Wagner 664 TPE  Kraken

2. TEAM WORLD [Image: world.png]
[Image: 5goqEzM.jpg]
While Team World may boast the most international squad at this year's WJC, they're also 2nd in average TPE and 4th in total TPE. They've put themselves in a good spot to contend in the medal rounds. They're also one of the only teams that has a player from each SMJHL team and no IA/FA players this year.

Adam Scianna 844 TPE Knights
Cillian Kavangh 761 TPE Knights
Ryuuji Minamino 664 TPE  Berserkers
Axel Meszaros 632 TPE Scarecrows

3. TEAM USA Usa
[Image: gQo1fmv.jpg]
Team USA is another team that will be a force to reckon with during the medal rounds as their looking to put America first this year. They lead the WJC teams in total TPE, and are only 30 TPE behind the top two in average TPE. The Americans positioned themselves to be a top contender by relying on a solidly built roster this year. No players have below 235 TPE, and only 5 players breaking the 600 mark. Team USA has put themselves in a position to contend for some years to come. They relied heavily on Anaheim's and St. Louis's rosters, taking 5 players from each team.

Strom Chamber 811 TPE Outlaws
Danny Marston 752 Scarecrows
Ethan Duncan 649 TPE Knights
Eric Hudson 641 TPE Scarecrows

4. TEAM SWEDEN :Sweden:
[Image: 0xWyJIP.jpg]
Sweden comes into the tournament with the 2nd highest Total TPE and 4th highest average TPE. The Swedish GM's had a bit of a tough time trying to fill out this year's roster. They have 4 players who are IA/FA and 2 players on loan for the tournament. So they'll be relying heavy on their top players to carry the team for them. Luckily the team they've built is a strong one and still in the top 4.

Sven Yxskaft 864 TPE Kraken
Reid Sutherland 670 TPE Falcons
Magnus Liljestrom 665 TPE Falcons
Sven Svenson 629 TPE Raptors

5. TEAM FINLAND Finland
[Image: 1EKjY4T.jpg]
The Finns are coming in this year in the bottom half rankings in both total TPE and average TPE. A few selections from IA/FA lists, including JURT's brother RART, and only borrowing Scoochie Stratton this year. They've got one player, Igor Victory, playing as a RW this year, while his normal position is D. They're expecting next year to fill in some of those forward positions with a strong draft class coming in this year.

Slatt Potts 738 TPE Berserkers
Jukka Timonen 662 TPE Berserkers
Jaska Seppala 657 TPE Knights
Bradley Barkov 615 TPE Raptors

6. TEAM BRITISH ISLES :Uk: Ireland
[Image: nUUPmRw.jpg]
The Isle's are the most consistent team ranking 6th in both total TPE and average TPE. They made some considerable changes from last year's roster, where they finished 1st in the season and could not progress in the playoffs. They have a handful of seasoned vets who are looking to win the gold this year before making the jump.

Rhys Pritchard 840 TPE Outlaws
Keith Lee 830 TPE Kraken
Guy O'Shea 662 TPE Falcons
Edward Williams 655 TPE Falcons

7. TEAM UCORCAL :RUSSIA: :CZECHIA: :LATVIA:
[Image: CSgUVzk.jpg]
With players from 9/10 SMJHL teams, UCORCAL has the 5th highest total TPE and 7th highest TPE Average. UCORCAL has set themselves up for a run in the future, they may be this year's underdog. They only have a few players above the 600 TPE mark, and a vast majority are in their 1-3 years playing. Who doesn't love a good underdog story? Maybe they'll pull through in the playoffs and make a strong run. You never know in the WJC.

Highest TPE on the team:
Ambacas Cuddles 655 TPE Kraken
Samat Beibtzhanov 614 TPE Raptors
Velntin Kalashnikov 611 TPE Timber
Simothy Drunkebird 536 TPE Raptors

8. TEAM CANADA :CANADA:
[Image: wXmcjZo.jpg]
Team Canada is coming in at the very bottom of both total TPE and average TPE. They built their roster from 9/10 teams in the 'J and the overwhelming majority are players that are young in the careers and will be staples on team Canada in the long run. This year's roster has an astounding 10 rookie's on it. While they were able to harness that underdog spirit last year, it's unlikely that they'll be able to compete with the likes of Team USA, Sweden, DACH, or World.

Highest TPE on the team:
Frans Eller 661 TPE Kraken
Carlos Brown 472 TPE Raptors
Daniel LaForest 468 TPE Knights
Rotticus Scott 459 TPE Knights

That's a breakdown of this year's WJC teams. The WJC are a tournament that is full of surprises, so we could see Canada or UCORCAL make a run this year. Nobody really knows until the medal rounds come around the goal horns start going off.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

World

World

Great article, though it would be cool to see team's averages of what TPE is actually spent
The top 3 teams all average more that 425, which is above the TPE cap

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

07-08-2020, 04:38 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote: World

Great article, though it would be cool to see team's averages of what TPE is actually spent
I thought about doing that, but tbh, this was already a lot of work and going through how much tpe each player has spent was going to be way too much for me. Especially after I fucked up the excel formatting like 3 times.

render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Armada  Forge  Finland

STL and ANA, America's team Usa

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Switzerland

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

I think you should re-run this with the 425 cap - and you'll see this shaking out differently as there are some very high TPE players skewing the results.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

07-08-2020, 04:58 PMWearingabear Wrote:
07-08-2020, 04:38 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote: World

I thought about doing that, but tbh, this was already a lot of work and going through how much tpe each player has spent was going to be way too much for me. Especially after I fucked up the excel formatting like 3 times.
Send me a copy of the excel file and ill do it if you want

Canada Gonna shock the word yet again.

[Image: rotti.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2020, 06:27 PM by RedCapeDiver.)

07-08-2020, 05:15 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote:
07-08-2020, 04:58 PMWearingabear Wrote: I thought about doing that, but tbh, this was already a lot of work and going through how much tpe each player has spent was going to be way too much for me. Especially after I fucked up the excel formatting like 3 times.
Send me a copy of the excel file and ill do it if you want
actually didnt see that you linked the sheet, so i went ahead and made a copy and dropped people to the caps
here is the average TPE, as total would be off as teams have different amount of players
@roastpuff ill tag you as well as you wanted to see this

[Image: KB0MOie.jpg]

07-08-2020, 06:24 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote:
07-08-2020, 05:15 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote: Send me a copy of the excel file and ill do it if you want
actually didnt see that you linked the sheet, so i went ahead and made a copy and dropped people to the caps
here is the average TPE, as total would be off as teams have different amount of players

Nicee World

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

DACH

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

07-08-2020, 06:47 PMDextaria Wrote:
07-08-2020, 06:24 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote: actually didnt see that you linked the sheet, so i went ahead and made a copy and dropped people to the caps

Nicee World

Thanks for doing that @RedCapeDiver

Not too far off from the original in terms of ranking

Armada  Forge  Finland

Ilike

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

World

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]