Create Account

S55 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread

Dragonite Ahh Dragonite Ahh Dragonite

Buy all metrics the Calgary Dragons are the most successful and consistent franchise in SHL history. We won our 8th Challenge Cup in season 50 and have made the playoffs in 29 of the last 31 seasons! We play in the league's most exciting arena, The BIG-Parm, which has become the hardest place for opposing teams to play in the league!  

Calgary is also the first franchise to own its very own television network called Dragons.tv! so if you are drafted to Calgary be ready for the media blitz! to check out Dragons.tv, click **HERE**

As you learn more about our team, feel free to check out our rich history HERE and our Team Profile HERE  We're a hard working team and a top notch organization. We're always looking for motivated young players to enhance the Dragons experience! We have a  great atmosphere, strong leadership, we support each other and have a lot of fun. If you're a prospect for the S55 SHL Entry Draft and are interested in joining the Dragons family, please help us get to know you better!

[Image: SHL-Dragons-Banner.png]

Please link us your Player Page: Example

Code:
1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?

4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?  

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us!

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?

9. What is your favorite NHL team?

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have about the team, pm @Steelhead77 @Mike Izzy

Maybe we'll call your name on Draft Day and set the league on Fire Together!!!

[Image: source.gif]

Thanks for your Time!

Dragonite Dragonite

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Ryu Jones - Left Wing

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?
10, I don't know much about many of the SHL teams yet, but the dragons have my favorite logo. 

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?
A facilitator, one that boosts his team's scoring by distributing the puck well.  I'm very open to any advice willing to bre shared. 

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?
I would be lying if I didn't say winning, but also a fun group of people who make the site more enjoyable.  

I liked seeing the different ways people were applying the TPE to their characters to achieve certain roles.

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)
I don't see anything in the near future affecting my activity level. 

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).
Over 30 club. 

Media Piece
Graphics Piece

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?
I expected to be in the SMJHL for 3-4 seasons, so this would fit with my timeline. 

Washington Capitals

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

Ryu is Japanese for dragon.

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/wiqZK8C.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/6QlU4ci.png[/img]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 11:22 AM by Wearingabear.)

Player Page

8.54 I know this team is a championship built team and knows how to keep a core group engaged.

I'm looking to build a physical, QB d-man, in the likes of Pronger or Burns. I would love any and all advice.

I'm looking for a supportive, winning and fun locker room. People can be serious about the league, but still chirp and not be overly sensitive

the individual contributions that people make. I like seeing the super nerdy, the incredible graphics, the ms paint, and the sarcastic

I'm probably at my most free time i've ever enjoyed. Opening a new restaurant in the next 2 months, so i'll be getting busy pretty quick

young 30's

Rookie Review
91633 Miles Traveled by the Boat Gang

That's fine by me, I need a few more seasons I think

San Jose Sharks

I try to be a quiet star, I want to improve and want to help other's succeed. But i'm not going to be the most outspoken in the LR. I want to be a rock that people can count on

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Teddy Park - Shutdown Dman

I'm a full 10 interested in getting an opportunity from Calgary.  In the interest of transparency though I'm a 10 for any team out there.  As a new guy to the SHL and simulation sports (outside of the EA games ofc) I don't have any history to lean on and steer me a certain way.  I'm enjoying the SHL experience so far and wherever I end up I'll be excited about it.

I'm gearing towards being a true shutdown defenseman.  Offense is nice and all, but success to me is shutting down opposing forwards.  I'm happy with how my build has performed so far (one of the top rookies with a DGR of 69), but with Teddy being my first player in the SHL I'm very open and willing to steer my development in a different direction to achieve team success.

The biggest thing I'm looking for from a new team is going to be mentorship and guidance navigating the league.  Beyond that though I am big into discord and would love to be a part of a LR that is active on discord and willing to shoot the shit from time to time.

I'm still blown away and incredibly impressed with the fact that every role in the league is run by a person.  On a day to day level the sims are a good time and I enjoy catching them when I have the opportunity.

I really don't envision myself missing out on a full week of SHL action to be able to get things like the activity check/ training.  I travel for work (when COVID isn't a thing), but even then I'm always tethered to some device with an internet connection so while I'm sure I will be gone for a couple days here and there I do not think I will miss out on and TPE opportunities.

I'm 27

Hockey Players on Couches Playing Games
    The goal is to do a weekly series of podcasts with my fellow S55 Draftee Hubert Andrews but they've been more of a biweekly situation.  (Also you should look into Hubert too, we joined the league together and if we can end up on the same team that would be awesome.)
    I am 100% fine with staying down in the J for another couple seasons.  This is one of those situations where since I don't know what I'm missing I have no sense of urgency.  I really enjoy being in the Knights' LR and all of the guys we've got.

C A P S Caps Caps Caps!

I really don't have much else to add.  I'm all in on the SHL and will continue to be active.  If y'all are interested in giving me an opportunity please also do some due diligence on Hubert, if we're on different teams it won't be a deal breaker for either of us.  We would just rather play together.

10. They are a bunch of meat eaters.

A sieve. To know when to hold em... and know when to fold em.

A team that loves parm eating trash birds.

Definitely the Wonderdome.

Negative... outside of my GMs suspending me for drinking and typing.

69... upside down tho.

How dare you ask... OnlyFans please.

Are you saying I'm above average?

Calgary Dragons, of course.

Give me your poker winnings, please.

[Image: Wally.png]

RW - Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind

10 because I like teams that stays with the same franchise for years. I also haven't had a chance to play in Dragons before.

I want to build a sniper. I would really appreciate advice about my player build.

I like active locker rooms. I also would like to play in a team that is competitive every season.

I love that games are streamed live now.

I think I will have a time for SHL. I don't something will change for me in the next year.

I'm 18.

I have done GFX to get some money. They are not really good so I better won't link them. Smile

I like playing in SMJHL so it's not a problem for me.

Columbus Blue Jackets

I will do every task and I won't miss opportunities to get extra TPEs. None of my players have had a good career in SHL but a lot of has changed in my life during last years (since I left site). I feel more grown up as a person and I'm more motivated to have a long and successful career with Flitterwind.

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2020, 04:31 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: qOyBT1A.png]

Some great IP’s thus far!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 03:29 PM by DELIRIVM.)

10. Esa is a Broncos fan and that is all I need to know. Plus who doesn't like Chicken Parm?

High scoring center with a good defensive game. Kinda want my cake and to eat it too. I am always open to advice. I knew STHS very well but brand new with FHM. So always open. 

Just a chill place with chill people that like to do chill things. I am definitely in the older group of this site (33 years old now) and it's nice to just have a grown up atmosphere in the locker room. 

Meeting cool people and being part of multiple teams. I think running the Mammoths/Raptors was my favorite time. But I also adore my old goalie's career and winning an MVP and getting into the HOF. 

I have figured it all out. I know how to do my updates and not take things too seriously while still maximizing my TPE gain. As for distractions, I just got into a Computer Science program and that will be a priority for me but it shouldn't affect my updating!

Over 30. Feel old here. Lol. 

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2836128

Always happy to take my time and enjoy my years in the SMJHL. I think a couple seasons at 425 would be hot. Not too worried about my speed of getting up to the big league. I will have plenty of time to collect those MVP and Challenge Cups when Nikiforov is leading the league in points. 

Colorado Avalanche. I miss them sooooo much. I hope games start up soon - safely. 

I am extremely driven on this player. I have built a HOF player before in Timo Haas (my old account was @InciteHysteria) and I think that there is no reason why I can't hit 2K TPE and be the biggest star from my class. I have some good competition but it's not going to stop me from being the best. Time to add another HOF player to my SHL resume and collect some hardware. Why not have it be with you all? Wink
Any team that passes on me will regret it someday! But honestly just looking to go to a good home.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 02:32 PM by the_paytonium.)

Right Defense - Hennesey-Gallchobhar O'McGuiness

I mean, who wouldn't want to play for Calgary, a team with so much success is sure to be a blast to be a part of! So, in a shellnut, probably an 8 or a 9!

Speedy, smart, two-way defenseman. Of course, I am open to advice, this is my first player and I would love the guidance of more experienced players.

I enjoy an active, friendly locker room. I love to chat, talk about sports, nerd stuff, etc. 

Graphics, I love to make 'em so getting "paid" to do them and getting practice and being able to hone and improve my skills is great!

I see myself always having decent time to devote, at least a little bit each week to the site itself, but on discord and in the locker room I am very active. I am still a student but I work hard to have enough "me:" time each day.

Would prefer not to share this publicly, thanks.

GFX, yes. Several members of the Timber, including myself, sport graphics made by me, and some other SMJHL players who have sadly gone inactive as well. Hopefully, with the upcoming drafts, I can also make more for incoming players and grow my recognition!

8. Currently, the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?
Completely on board with that, Maine is awesome!

Caps all the way baby (DC Sports is a struggle so thank goodness for Ovi)

I can fit 18 grapes into my mouth and love to learn and grow my knowledge!

[Image: Screenshot_2020-05-18_at_9.24.57_PM.png?...height=942]
[Image: HenneyIL-GBsig2.png]
~ Sigs made by yours truly ~

[Image: vokU6Ra.png] | [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]