Create Account

SHL Double Media Week(s)
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2020, 08:05 AM by Zoone16.)

UPDATE: SHL Draft Double Media is now expired.

Heya everyone
It's your favourite SHL Media Head coming at you fresh from planet media and boy do I have some good deals for you!

Double Media Week is back right in time for the SHL Draft!

Talk about any upcoming SHL Draft Prospect(s) (sorry smjhl draft prospect, but that's the smjhl media's department not shl media) and your article will be paid out double!
This will be running from July 12 at 00:01am ET until July 19th at 11:59pm ET (ET = Eastern Time in case anyone wasn't sure)

What a deal!

But wait.. some of you noticed the (s) in the thread subject. Good eye for details chaps so here's the deets:

IIHF Double Media Week.

That's right. you're not dreaming. From July 15th (00:01am ET) until July 24th (11:59pm ET) any media done about the CURRENT IIHF Tournament will also get Double Media! (does not apply to wjc as it's smjhl media).

To Recap:
Draft Double Media: July 12 - July 19
IIHF Double Media: July 15 - July 24

Start your typewriters, keyboards, and warm up your fingers. Drink* (or smoke*, or other*, i don't judge) your favourite creative juice enhancers and get typing!

Happy Double Media Week(s)!

Note: Due to @TheHockeyist trying to be a smart guy, I'd like to remind people that Double Medias don't stack. No one is getting paid x4 for an article. Yes I'm a party pooper. Yes. Deal with it. No. Not even if you bribe me.

Double Media Week is an exclusive licensed product held by the SHL Media Team alongside the Simulation Hockey League offices. The SHL logo and it's affiliate teams logos are property of Simulation Hockey League NLC. Please do not drink, smoke, or other (i don't judge) if you suffer from a medical condition and do not do it irresponsibly. The SHL Media Team, the Simulation Hockey League and it's affiliates will not be held responsible should you do any of these. Honestly I just wanted to write a giant wall of text and size it down to as small as possible for the heck of it. Wait... is someone still reading this? Amazing but there is no prize to be had at the end of the wall of text. Just the cold realization that I wasted about thirty (30) seconds of your life or maybe more. But you know what, it took me about five (5) times as long to write this text and I'm not getting paid for it so tough luck. Void where prohibited. Should you have any further questions feel free to contact me via DM on the site, via PM on the site or directly via discord. Like seriously, if you have trouble getting into contact with me you have a particular set of issues that google might not be able to fix.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

disclaimer text not small enough

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

07-11-2020, 03:17 PMNhamlet Wrote: disclaimer text not small enough

Can't go smaller unfortunately. Maybe @DrunkenTeddy can implement xxx-small sizes? I do oh so love disclaimers.

Oh cool. Now I just need to write out the entire lyrics to One Hundred and Ninety-eight Bottles of Beer on the Wall, then relate it somehow to Draft or IIHF, and I can get paid FOUR TIMES AS MUCH than my earlier attempt to just write out Ninety-nine Bottles of Beer on the Wall. Perfect strategy! Thank you!

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

07-11-2020, 03:20 PMTheHockeyist Wrote: Oh cool. Now I just need to write out the entire lyrics to One Hundred and Ninety-eight Bottles of Beer on the Wall, then relate it somehow to Draft or IIHF, and I can get paid FOUR TIMES AS MUCH than my earlier attempt to just write out Ninety-nine Bottles of Beer on the Wall. Perfect strategy! Thank you!

I will find you. And will do unspeakable things to your mind (and or body) and that damned wall if you do that.

07-11-2020, 03:22 PMZoone16 Wrote:
07-11-2020, 03:20 PMTheHockeyist Wrote: Oh cool. Now I just need to write out the entire lyrics to One Hundred and Ninety-eight Bottles of Beer on the Wall, then relate it somehow to Draft or IIHF, and I can get paid FOUR TIMES AS MUCH than my earlier attempt to just write out Ninety-nine Bottles of Beer on the Wall. Perfect strategy! Thank you!

I will find you. And will do unspeakable things to your mind (and or body) and that damned wall if you do that.

There's nothing in the rules against it, right? So technically, it's allowed.

07-11-2020, 03:26 PMTheHockeyist Wrote:
07-11-2020, 03:22 PMZoone16 Wrote: I will find you. And will do unspeakable things to your mind (and or body) and that damned wall if you do that.

There's nothing in the rules against it, right? So technically, it's allowed.

Also Double Medias don't stack.

07-11-2020, 03:32 PMZoone16 Wrote:
07-11-2020, 03:26 PMTheHockeyist Wrote: There's nothing in the rules against it, right? So technically, it's allowed.

Also Double Medias don't stack.

Of course not. The double media is for the 198, not the 99. The double 99 (198) is just so I can get double the money I would have otherwise gotten if I only did 99. So I double 99 to get 198, write the lyrics, get paid normally, then double media that with writing about the Draft or IIHF. Boom. Economics. I am rich. Make sense? Also, there's nothing in the rules against doing this strategy, right? So if I did it, I would technically have to get paid.

Theorem: I get paid 4 times as much to write out 198 Bottles and claim x2 media than if I had written out 99 Bottles.

Proof: 198 is twice 99 (2 times as much).

One hundred ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall,
One hundred ninety-eight bottles of beer,

Blah blah blah blah

Zero bottles of beer on the wall!

This was a song that was performed by Team X at the draft to pass the time. (x2 media)

Original x2 x2 = x4. Therefore I get paid 4 times as much.

Admit it. I'd get paid four times as much by doing this than if I had just written the 99 Bottles lyrics, right?

QED.

Image of Jessica Fletcher on her typewriter

Bumping this. The SHL Draft Double Media is now finished. IIHF Double Media is still active.