Create Account

S55 SMJHL Earlybird PT

Written option:

Edward Teach (AKA Blackbeard) is an aggressive and flashy goalie who never fails to get the job done. Now that his days of being the scourge of the seven seas are behind him, Teach decided to try his hand at goaltending. With a glove as fast as lightning, Teach will be a brick wall for any team that gives him a shot.

Rikki Petrov is known for being a true two-way center on the ice and showed that talent back in his days of the NSHL as well. Most notably he is known for his pure passing talent as he is one of the true play makers on the ice. What is important also however is he has a tremendous defensive ability on the ice as well as he plays on both ends. While he is not known to be a scorer, his knowledge of the game, passing ability, and willingness to defend make Rikki Petrov a true talent and a future superstar at the center position in the SHL.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Marcel Laflamme grew up in the city that has nurtured some of the best goaltenders the world has ever seen, which has been an inspiration for him ever since he was interested in hockey. He has been focusing on the best aspects of his idols, while trying to work on what he considers himself weak at.

Thus, he has spent a disproportionate amount of time on his positioning and on his rebound control. After all, being at the right place at the right time is half the battle. And he figures if he only has to make a single save instead of multiple ones, then the threat the other team might pose is greatly reduced.

[Image: XbtwzDW.png]

Signature courtesy of Lord Jumbo.

Jimmy Dekens is a pass first two way defenseman, he loves saucing to a streaking forward for a clean crisp breakout. That being said, this isn't his main strength for a team looking to draft him. It's been said in the other junior leagues that Dekens is a big locker room guy stemming from his massive wrench. Swinging it around like a lasso, he loves getting the boys going before a game, shedding pre game jitters with ease. Definitely something to look at and Dekens could go higher in the draft due to this fact.

[Image: dEKENS.png]

3 time Four Star Cup Champion S40-S42
S43 Jesster Trophy Nominee Winner

Scored my first SHL goal in just my second SHL game. 2. Manhattan Rage , James Dekens 1 (Mikael Talo 1, Sigurd Hansen 1) at 18:39

"Long" John Donair is really a jack of all trades at this point of his young career. A careful student of the game, he uses his physical size to position himself well and force the opponent to make a commitment. On the offensive side, Donair might not have the best range with his wrister, but he can screen a goalie and open the way for his teammates with relative ease.

Calvin Hobbes is always looking for the pass to set up a teammate for the open net tap in.
He utilizes his speed and agility to create space for himself and drawing in the opponents prior to delivering the puck.
On top of that his old man always told him to focus on the face-offs, as it is proven, the team with the puck scores more often than the team without it.

If I would have to talk about my strengths as a player I would mention my ability to score and handle the puck. That is what sets me apart from other LWs in the league. Also I am a pretty good cook so I can make carne Asada and other Mexican food for the team.

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

Zebulon Leavitt isn't a guy you want on the ice if you want your team to score goals, he is the guy you want on the ice to stop the other team from scoring goals. Leavitt considers it a personal affront every time he is on the ice and the other team scores.  He thrives on being short handed, loving the thrill of disrupting a power play with a solid hit or stick check.  He likes to use his size to frustrate opposing players trying to plant themselves in front of his goalie. If you want a defensive stalwart to keep the score even while your top offensive players are taking a breather or hold that one goal lead in the waining minutes of a game you cannot go wrong with Zebulon Leavitt.

Xavier Doom has the vision and brain of a player who's seemingly played for 25 seasons in the SHL. He's a tremendous passer, but he's also very responsible in the defensive end as he knows that scoring goals isnt always the most important thing there is. He's not afraid to use his body to hit another player, and he willingly blocks shots too. He's a stud at both ends of the ice and will only get better as time goes on. (86)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

So Tanjiro decided to drop using his sword and pick up the hockey stick. He decided that because he liked chopping off their heads that he would rather shoot the puck. So for Tanjiro he is a shoot first defenseman who wants to put the puck in the neck. Also from his water breathing style he was able to have high stamina hence his ability to stay on the ice with his great stamina.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Phillip Weaver grew up in a small northern farming community so he knows how to put in a days work. This kid has a drive in him to work harder then everyone around him. He's also as brave as can be standing in front of the strongest of slap shots earning him the nickname "Fearless" Phil from his bantam level coach.

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

Michael Withecheck is the definition of a team player. He is noone who needs to be the centerpiece of the team - what may be difficult as defender - but likes to play and shine in a well rounded team. As a player, there is no attribute that stands out, but there's also no real weakness to find. He is a well rounded player, who still needs some time to develop, but will be a solid piece to the defence he gets added to.

My talent that is going to help me be successful in the SMJHL is being a great business man. Once in college I traded a six pack of smirnoff ices for a 7 foot tall teddy bear i named Pablo. Now, for most of the last three years he's sat in the corner of my apartment and is just a nice conversation starter for people who come over, however that isn't the point. The point is that I know a great deal when I see one. How does this relate to hockey? Its obvious - I'll recognize an opening to go score when I see one. Just as I pounced on the opportunity to acquire a gigantic teddy bear that I have legitimately no need for, I'll pounce on the opportunity to go score a goal for my team. Whether or not I'll actually succeed in scoring that goal is to be determined, however I'll definitely notice the opportunity and attempt to take it.

Matty David isn't the most naturally gifted player, but he more than makes up for it with his deep understanding of the game. He's a rink rat that knows how to play the game inside and out. He can read the play on both ends of the ice and understands how to get himself into the right spot on the ice at the right time. He's a team-first player that loves to make his teammates better with his playmaking ability rather than trying to score himself.

Written option: Write about the main strengths of your player in 50 words or more.

The main strengths of my player is simple. Stop the other team from scoring. I don't need to score points, I want to block shots, force the opposing team into offensive turnovers, and keep them out of our zone. Points are great for some but preventing opportunities and keeping the other team out of the net and offensive area helps just as much.

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]