Create Account

Poll: Do you want song requests to come back for future seasons?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, every day of the week
51.35%
19 51.35%
Yes, but only once a week
24.32%
9 24.32%
Indifferent
8.11%
3 8.11%
No
16.22%
6 16.22%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

S54 SMJHL Review and Feedback

Hey guys, with S54 coming to an end, I wanted to make a thread to review the past season's sim/stream and have this thread used as feedback for the future seasons. I don't want to make a giant wall of text, so let's get right into it.

The main change this season was the addition of song requests.

Pros:

Viewers get to request songs
Different songs every day, making sims not too repetitive

Cons:
Some songs were requested every day
Troll songs
Some genres might not be for everyone

I can't think of anything else. Poll above to see if you guys would like to bring the requests back next season, if not, I could play my own playlists during games, or we could do requests on a specific day during the week so it makes them a bit more special, we could do genre themes on certain days. Let me know what you guys think.

As of the beginning of the season, I also started posting boxscores, is that something that you guys found helpful? Should I keep doing it in the future? I did see the views rising as I posted them throughout the season, so some people definitely enjoy them.

If there's anything I can do differently, or add during the streams, please post below, I want you guys to have the best viewing experience possible.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

i love everything you do Kal

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

I say everyday, but to delete troll songs or songs that are repeated alot

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

I really enjoy the concept of Song Requests, but there needs to be an option to skip a song if enough people request it. Hearing songs that are bad on purpose make me want to turn off the stream or mute it, and that's no fun.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

On the subject of troll songs, when I was a moderator for a friend on Twitch, Nightbot had a separate Mod permissions tab. Perhaps some of the in-stream mods could be given playlist powers to skip songs or remove them from the playlist. I think there might also be a vote-skip feature as well, if putting requests in the chat's hands is the better option.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

What if there was one big collaborative playlist where people could request a couple songs each?

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

I need more dancing queen.

dancing clean

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

People want THE MUSIC gone :(
Don't let that happen Kal, please.

Doing a podcast, ask me any question: HERE
[Image: unknown.png][Image: sig.png][Image: viticek.png]
Thanks to @caltroit_red_flames and @sve7en for these amazing sigs!

07-12-2020, 03:18 PMAgentSmith630 Wrote: I really enjoy the concept of Song Requests, but there needs to be an option to skip a song if enough people request it. Hearing songs that are bad on purpose make me want to turn off the stream or mute it, and that's no fun.

This.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

I don't personally find the boxscores that useful. Maybe it makes it easier for people to look, rather than scrolling through the index that's fine. 

When you were going to start posting the box scores I thought that was going to be the player stats section, which is what most people want to see. With that said, it is easy enough for me to do that myself and I post it in my LR. 

I assume most everyone knows how, but just incase, if you hit printscreen from FHM, it copies it and you can paste it directly into discord without saving the image.  If I hadn't seen someone say that I would have been trying to save the image, re-name it, and then upload it onto discord which would take forever.

[Image: hudson.png]

fewer pauses for events so games sim a little faster

Falcons Canada

07-13-2020, 07:56 AMEricNCSU Wrote: I don't personally find the boxscores that useful. Maybe it makes it easier for people to look, rather than scrolling through the index that's fine. 

When you were going to start posting the box scores I thought that was going to be the player stats section, which is what most people want to see. With that said, it is easy enough for me to do that myself and I post it in my LR. 

I assume most everyone knows how, but just incase, if you hit printscreen from FHM, it copies it and you can paste it directly into discord without saving the image.  If I hadn't seen someone say that I would have been trying to save the image, re-name it, and then upload it onto discord which would take forever.

It was my assumption that most teams had at least one person watching the stream and available to screen grab their team's player stats section. I could potentially do it at the same time, but it'll slow down the stream every time I have to upload stats.

07-13-2020, 08:46 AMNONAME Wrote: fewer pauses for events so games sim a little faster

What do you mean by this? The speed of play by play text? How often it shows up? I can make it one notch faster, but we're already at the lowest setting for PbPs.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

07-13-2020, 04:20 PMKalakar Wrote:
07-13-2020, 07:56 AMEricNCSU Wrote: I don't personally find the boxscores that useful. Maybe it makes it easier for people to look, rather than scrolling through the index that's fine. 

It was my assumption that most teams had at least one person watching the stream and available to screen grab their team's player stats section. I could potentially do it at the same time, but it'll slow down the stream every time I have to upload stats.

07-13-2020, 08:46 AMNONAME Wrote: fewer pauses for events so games sim a little faster

What do you mean by this? The speed of play by play text? How often it shows up? I can make it one notch faster, but we're already at the lowest setting for PbPs.

It seems like the SHL games sim a little faster. Maybe I'm on crack though.

Falcons Canada

07-14-2020, 02:47 PMNONAME Wrote:
07-13-2020, 04:20 PMKalakar Wrote: It was my assumption that most teams had at least one person watching the stream and available to screen grab their team's player stats section. I could potentially do it at the same time, but it'll slow down the stream every time I have to upload stats.

It seems like the SHL games sim a little faster. Maybe I'm on crack though.

JR does sim on a faster setting, but at the same time he simmed more games so he had to to keep it at a reasonable length for him

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]