Create Account

S55 Nevada Battleborn Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 12:47 PM by Mooney.)

Do you have any previous sim league experience? ISFL for 5 months

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL every week? A couple of hours a week, enough to do PT's and AC  

What is your favorite hobby? Gaming, sports and sim leagues

What sort of player are you looking to build? Patrik Money is a sniper currently, I want to score goals

Most of the site uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? If yes, may we contact you via Discord? Yes and yes Mooney#0110

What sort of things do you want to see from your team's locker room and management staff? A nice chill environment where everyone gets on. Any sort of atmosphere is good with me as long as its positive. Management should be making good decisions, whether that's drafting, encouraging activity or anything management related.

Do you have any interest in becoming part of the Nevada Battleborn? I'm happy to go to any team that would want to spend a draft pick on me, It would be fun to go to an expansion team

Is there anything you want us to know about you before the draft? I know very little about hockey but I like sim leagues

Do you have any burning questions about the site? Nothing burning, I'll send a message somewhere if I do

Is a hotdog a sandwich, yes or no? Why or Why not? Yes but only on a technicality and I'm not really happy with it. It's a filling between bread, which fills the criteria for a sandwich.

1: I've been in the SHL since S25, so I have been here quite awhile, but that's pretty much my entire sim league experience.

2: I think by conducting all my work and research at home now long-term, and by focusing solely on my player and with a job that demands incredible amounts of time and effort like I had to being SMJHL commissioner, I'll be able to remain very active and inspired for many, many seasons to come.

3: Probably sports and gaming. I love all the major sports, so I always enjoy discussing that, and I love PC games, because PC master race, of course.

4: Ideally, a physical, two-way defenseman who also possesses good offensive capabilities. However, I am willing to adapt my player to be whatever is in the best interests of my future SMJHL team.

5: Yes, very much so. It's my primary medium of communication and I am on it just about all the time. My username is WiC#7183

6: I just want to see an effort by management to maintain a healthy and fun locker room. Winning is nice and all, but I care far more about being in a great locker room and adding whatever I can to helping the aforementioned atmosphere stay both active and fun!

7: Yes, it would be a lot of fun joining an SMJHL expansion team. Seems like a fun adventure if it comes to pass. Plus, who can say no to Nevada (Vegas baby!).

8: Just expect a lot of fun Pepe the Frog memes and hopefully sports talk if you do decide to draft me.

9: Nope, I pretty much know my way around the site by now (would be a probably if I didn't after all this time :p).

10: No, it's fucking not. A hot dog is its own unique category, and anyone who fails to see that is either lying or wrong.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Do you have any previous sim league experience?
A little bit, only like 12 years.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL every week?
1-2 hours

What is your favorite hobby?
Playing soccer and writing

What sort of player are you looking to build?
Defensive defenseman

Most of the site uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? If yes, may we contact you via Discord?

Yes you can contact. Bayley#9423

What sort of things do you want to see from your team's locker room and management staff?
Help with build and no drama

Do you have any interest in becoming part of the Nevada Battleborn?
Yes, I do.

Is there anything you want us to know about you before the draft?
Nope, not at all.

Do you have any burning questions about the site?
Nope, I don't.

Is a hotdog a sandwich, yes or no? Why or Why not?
Yes, it's meat between bread.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

PBE, SBA, NSFL, etc. very active in all of my other leagues.

A couple hours in between me doing my other sim leagues. I always go through all of my leagues to make sure I have done everything I can to progress and check discord daily.

I currently play adult league softball with my brother, extremely fun. Also started doing photoshop to get better with gfx.

Looking to build a playmaking-sniper build almost. One that can shoot goals but has high level passing abilities; basically be able to feed myself, but also get my teammates involved as well.

Most of the site uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? If yes, may we contact you via Discord?
Yes! bigbluex02#0118

What sort of things do you want to see from your team's locker room and management staff?
Active teammates and everyone willing to lend a hand in development of my player. I feel like when everyone is being helpful and guiding the young guys, it creates the best kind of LR.

No doubt, anyone willing to take a chance on me, i will not disappoint.

I am very active on discord and in my other sim leagues, also I occasionally crack very bad jokes that make people chuckle a bit. It helps relieve stress of others which in return helps us win. I also love to win games and support my team.

nope!

Only when it is in a bun! A sandwich is anything between two pieces of bread. If it is not in a bun, then it is just a normal glizzy. A naked glizzy, but no longer a sandwich. This is the only right answer btw.

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]

yes in the shl
5-6 hours a week maybe more
american football and gaming
flashy scoring winger
you can hit me on discord every tme Confusion#5423
build an active lr helping if there are questions
i like new things

no
nope
yes

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

Do you have any previous sim league experience? Yes, I am in the NSFL and I am a gfx grader there.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL every week? Enough for all the PTs and stuff like that, should have some to make gfx and media pieces as well.

What is your favorite hobby? Cooking

What sort of player are you looking to build? My current archetype that I am working on is either a Goon or an Enforcer.

Most of the site uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? If yes, may we contact you via Discord? I do use discord, and yes you may.

What sort of things do you want to see from your team's locker room and management staff? Positivity and activity.

Do you have any interest in becoming part of the Nevada Battleborn? As long as some Petrovs get drafted there

Is there anything you want us to know about you before the draft? I am the liquor

Do you have any burning questions about the site? Nope

Is a hotdog a sandwich, yes or no? Why or Why not? I would consider a hotdog a taco, as it is shown here in a picture of the cube rule

[Image: 15_cube_rule.jpg]

[Image: boriscontestsubmission.jpg][Image: bashbros.jpg]

Fight Record: 39 Fights, 28 Wins, 2 Losses, 9 Ties/Breakups

Hits Tracker

SMJHL S55: 326 Hits (Record)
SMJHL S56: 164 Hits
SMJHL S57: 30 Hits

Total Hits: 520

I carry the New Orleans Second Line to victory after our scrub TE Austin McCormick always tries to lose the game.
enough to max earn
this is a tough one. It changes a lot, but lately it's been video games. I'm playing The Last of Us Part 2 right now.
A player that scores lots of goals.
Noka knows how to find me.
A fun place to hang out and argue about random stuff like whether a hot dog is a sandwich.
Yes
I love lamp
Nope

Why is everyone obsessed with this question? No, a hotdog is a fucking hotdog. You put a hotdog in a hotdog bun. You don't put anything else in a hotdog bun but hotdogs. Also, I didn't see this question when I wrote my answer to the previous question.

[Image: Ugn5gZg.jpg]

Q: Do you have any previous sim league experience?
A: No, I do not.

Q: How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL every week?
A: I’ll probably check in on a daily basis. A lot of time it’ll be in a team locker room.

Q: What is your favorite hobby?
A: Watching hockey.

Q: What sort of player are you looking to build?
A: Power forward winger

Q: Most of the site uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? If yes, may we contact you via Discord?
A: I use Discord. A lot of Discord. Please feel free to contact me on Discord, my username and tag is bdu754#3704

Q: What sort of things do you want to see from your team's locker room and management staff?
A: I would love to see a talkative locker room instead of a quiet one.

Q: Do you have any interest in becoming part of the Nevada Battleborn?
A: Absolutely.

Q: Is there anything you want us to know about you before the draft?
A: If you draft me, you’ll be getting a very talkative player who can definitely add to the locker room atmosphere. If I’m not racking up a ton of points, I hope to at least be a positive locker room presence.

Q: Do you have any burning questions about the site?
A: I think I should have the basics covered at the moment. If there’s anything I need, I’ll ask on the Discord.

Q: Is a hotdog a sandwich, yes or no? Why or Why not?
A: Depends on how you eat it, I guess.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

Yes.

Couple of hours I think.

Videogames.

Offensive dman.

I do use Discord. You may contact me if you like.

I want to have fun. Assholes that ruin others' fun is what I hate the most on these leagues. If my team is full of troublemakers, I expect my GMs to look at it and decide if that's what they really want for their team.

I don't know you guys and I like the other expansion team better not gonna lie.

No.

No.

No. It just isn't. I don't have a phD in sandwich but if you ask someone for a sandwich and they give you a hotdog, you'll probably call the police.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Do you have any previous sim league experience? yes

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL every week? very little

What is your favorite hobby? sleepying

What sort of player are you looking to build? boom boom smash

Most of the site uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? If yes, may we contact you via Discord? Sleepy#4618

What sort of things do you want to see from your team's locker room and management staff? memes

Do you have any interest in becoming part of the Nevada Battleborn? idk what a battleborn is

Is there anything you want us to know about you before the draft? no

Do you have any burning questions about the site? why is your ip thread so long

Is a hotdog a sandwich, yes or no? Why or Why not? its a taco https://cuberule.com/

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

SHL, VHL, SBA, GOMHL, NSFL, there's another football league I forget. Been a while since i was around on one but i was successful when I was.

3-4 hours.

Watching sports.

Playmaking D

Yeah, Jala#5530

Being active and on top of things. Frustrating when signings go undone and no guidance for new members.

I have no preference where I go, I just want to be drafted.

Been a productive member before and looking to do that again.

Not really.

No, it's just not.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

Do you have any previous sim league experience? Yes a ton!

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL every week? Enough Tongue

What is your favorite hobby? Gaming probably, mostly sports games!

What sort of player are you looking to build? A playmaking two-way center

Most of the site uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? If yes, may we contact you via Discord? Yes yes yes!

What sort of things do you want to see from your team's locker room and management staff? Nothing in particular, I am here for the ride!

Do you have any interest in becoming part of the Nevada Battleborn? Sure! I have no reservations!

Is there anything you want us to know about you before the draft? I feel like I am a known entity at this point in a lot of places lol

Do you have any burning questions about the site? No

Is a hotdog a sandwich, yes or no? Why or Why not? No. It is a hot dog.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Been here since S36

Either enough or too much.

Right now I'd say video games.

I'd like to build a screener

yes to all

I don't really know, surprise me.

Not my first choiec but why not

Evok is the best <3

When will there be a rule preventing a team full of all the SHL GMs?

It's a tako, meat with only one piece of bread.

Nope, the SHL is my first sim league.

I can put in enough time to consistently upgrade my character.

Is watching sports a hobby?

An aggressive, shut down goalie.

Yes, my user is captainteach#8006

A laid back environment.

Yes!

Not that I can think of.

Nope.

Absolutely not. It's one piece of bread, not two. Also, the dog itself is just one piece of meat that isn't sliced into pieces. If you order a sandwich with cheese, do you expect slices or just a block of cheese?? I rest my case.

Here is Marcel Laflamme's application:

I do not.

A few hours per week, depending on the team's needs.

Hockey of course. Besides that, board games and cycling/hiking.

A goaltender with Price's situational awareness and Hasek's dominance.

Not a problem. My handle is HydroRaven#1609

Guidance and support, really. Helping us new members navigate it all.

Absolutely! I would love to be able to start something new, get my name on the ground floor and hopefully start with a bang (very much like Vegas!)

The team's name is pretty cool! No matter if Marcel gets drafted in Nevada, I hope the team does well in its first season!

Not really.

Of course it is. Meat between two slices of bread, end of story. Sandwiches were popularized with the intention of being finger foods which wouldn't be messy and would let people eat and continue playing cards, so hotdogs definitely check those boxes.

[Image: XbtwzDW.png]

Signature courtesy of Lord Jumbo.