Create Account

S55 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far?  What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required!

Not really any, will need a bit of backup as I am more used to traditional manager games (I came from the Hockey Dynasty push).  Looking forward to trying it though!

2)Our locker room where we discuss all things SHL and otherwise is hosted on Discord, is that something you currently use? If yes, what is your Discord name? If not, would you be interested in trying it out? Yes DaedalusJames#5652

3) FHM gives you the freedom to build towards a specific player type, is there a type of player that you are looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons.  A center who wins important faceoffs and reads things well backchecking.  Chipping in a few goals as well but more of a passer offensively.

4) What is your favorite dinosaur?  Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?

Brontosaurus - They are huge and are passive unless you piss them off then they will trample you!  I would cheer for the leafs if they were the last Canadian team in the playoffs.... thankfully have not needed to worry about that too much Smile

5) This question is designed to be open ended because filling these out is lame and time consuming. Tell us a bit more about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so it's important for us to try to get to know you a little more!

Played soccer my whole life, more of a scrum hockey player playing on the pond is the greatest.  Coach my daughters soccer currently still trying to find time for gaming and sports when I can.  Work in an office so on lots during the week but weekends only a few times as my girls take up lots of time.

[Image: 8F99koM.png]

Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Falcons

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far? What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required!
Muford told me I had to join.

2)Our locker room where we discuss all things SHL and otherwise is hosted on Discord, is that something you currently use? If yes, what is your Discord name? If not, would you be interested in trying it out?
Bayley#9423

3) FHM gives you the freedom to build towards a specific player type, is there a type of player that you are looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons.
Defensive defenseman

4) What is your favorite dinosaur? Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?
I was a former dinosaur, so sure. I hate the Maple Leafs.

5) This question is designed to be open ended because filling these out is lame and time consuming. Tell us a bit more about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so it's important for us to try to get to know you a little more!
I will second the fuck UEFA, I like soccer, I am old and have a little puppy. You will get puppy pics.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far? What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required!
PBE, SBA, ISFL, SBL, & a couple others. I started at the end of this past May & have absolutely loved them! Right now I am currently in the Timbers LR and I have had a lot of fun in there. The guys are great and Krash is a teammate of mine over in PBE so i was thankful he brought me in for a little bit! A lot of the PBE guys brought me over to SHL.

2)Our locker room where we discuss all things SHL and otherwise is hosted on Discord, is that something you currently use? If yes, what is your Discord name? If not, would you be interested in trying it out?
Yes i love discord! You can find me at bigbluex02#0118!

3) FHM gives you the freedom to build towards a specific player type, is there a type of player that you are looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons.
Looking to build a playmaking-sniper build almost. One that can shoot goals but has high level passing abilities; basically be able to feed myself, but also get my teammates involved as well. Basically like Connor McDavid!

4) What is your favorite dinosaur? Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?
Of course I like the Raptor, but honestly I love the Brachiosaurus just because they are always on some super casual chill vibes. They are one of the biggest dinos ever, could probably squish all the others like bugs, but they just mind their business and keep it moving. Always staying to themselves and just want to eat some trees and chill out.

Well I am a recent college grad and I really enjoy playing in my adult softball league with my brother and our friends, we have a really good team and it is awesome to get together with them 3 days a week. I also enjoy working out and going to the beach (when there isn't a pandemic) and just hanging out with friends. Typical early twenties kind of things. I am a big subscription tv watcher, from netflix all the way to youtube TV. I honestly just recently got into Hockey a couple years ago, my girlfriends family are big into it so I started rooting for Philly. But I am a huge NY Giants and Yankees fan so sometimes sports tend to disappoint me LOL . I also love to play video games, just recently got OOTP 21 and have been loving it, but usually i play 2k19 with my friends or I am trying to get through Saints Row 3 again and occasionally go back to old maddens and NCAA.

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 09:31 AM by bigbluex02.)

Accidentally double posted

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]

Very little, of course. Site's okay.

Yes, ztevans#7818

S P E E D Y B O I

My favorite dinosaur is David Ayres, THE 42-YEAR-OLD ZAMBONI DRIVER WHO WORKED FOR THE TEAM and beat the Toronto Maple Leafs. I think that covers it.

I fail miserably at sim racing in my spare time, mostly iRacing. Big racing fan, also enjoy other sports but hockey is my favorite.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far?  What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required!

I am a gfx grader in the NSFL, it took a day or two but I've gotten the hang of this site, and I was brought in because a few of my NSFL teammates and I decided to make the Petrov Family.

I use discord, Lim Jahey#2518

I am working on either a goon or enforcer, but I am open to all position changes

4) What is your favorite dinosaur?  Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?

Therizinosaur, Sure why not, I hate the Maple Leafs, fuck em.

I am the liquor.

[Image: boriscontestsubmission.jpg][Image: bashbros.jpg]

Fight Record: 39 Fights, 28 Wins, 2 Losses, 9 Ties/Breakups

Hits Tracker

SMJHL S55: 326 Hits (Record)
SMJHL S56: 164 Hits
SMJHL S57: 30 Hits

Total Hits: 520

I'm new to SHL, but have experience in ISFL and PBE. Slothfacekilla brought me to SHL. The site is decent. Easy enough to navigate. 

@drectors cut#9644

I want to score goals.

The Mosasaurus from Jurassic World. I'd love to be a part of the Dino Gang. I'm a fan of the Carolina Hurricanes. The Maple Leafs can suck it.

Weird Hobby? - I read lots of comic books. Is that weird? I also spend many hours every week doing stuff for simulation sports. Is that weird? I play lots of video games and board games. For video games I mostly stick to single player experiences. Football is my favorite sport. 

[Image: Ugn5gZg.jpg]

It's been a while since I was here but I had a decent player many seasons ago. I play on a few other sim leagues.

I have Discord. My username is enigmatic#3472

I would like a good (nothing is more uncertain though) offensive defenseman.

I like the triceratop. I don't care about being part of a gang and while "hate" might be too strong of a word, the Leafs are definitely my least favourite NHL team.

Tennis is the sport I enjoy the most watching, even moreso than hockey. I like videogames, traveling and music and I'm open to discussing those things to discover new stuff.

[Image: engishl.gif]
FranceMonarchsCitadellesMonarchsScarecrowsCitadellesMonarchsScarecrowsCitadellesMonarchsScarecrowsFrance

b]1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far? What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required![/b]
I have zero sim league experience prior to SHL. The site is alright, but it’s gonna take a while to get used to navigating it. I was introduced to the SHL by Rotticus Scott.

Yes, I use Discord very frequently. My discord ID is bdu754#3704, and I would absolutely join the locker room.

Vasili Podkolzin, or a generic power forward type build.

Uhh..... Gigantosaurus or T-Rex. I’d love to be a part of the Dino Gang! I do not like the Maple Leafs, as I am a Canucks fan.

I’m a highschool student currently. I recklessly spend money on hockey cards for the thrill of the pull, despite my greatest pull to date being a Quinn Hughes Young Guns. I play a ton of Xbox 360 and PS4, with EA Sports NHL being one of the more common series that I play. Besides hockey, I enjoy baseball, having played three seasons myself.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

shl vet

Sleepy#4618

Smash

brontosaurus

I am Sleepy. I enjoy sleeping and taking naps.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

I was really active in the SHL and VHL, holding multiple jobs and creating strong players. I was in the SBA, NSFL and others before too.

2)Our locker room where we discuss all things SHL and otherwise is hosted on Discord, is that something you currently use? If yes, what is your Discord name? If not, would you be interested in trying it out? I have it, I don't really use it currently. Jala#5530

3) FHM gives you the freedom to build towards a specific player type, is there a type of player that you are looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons. Looking to make a playmaking defense.

4) What is your favorite dinosaur? Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs? Raptors. I've been a part of Colorado's franchise with my last player and I hate the Leafs.

5) This question is designed to be open ended because filling these out is lame and time consuming. Tell us a bit more about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so it's important for us to try to get to know you a little more! I don't really game, I'll play here and there on GT Sport or WoW but that's only an hour or two a week. Just work a lot, hang out with my girlfriend and cats.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

Been here since S36, has been co-GM of the Raiders, then Chiefs, then GM of the Chiefs. so I got maybe a bit of experience

2)Our locker room where we discuss all things SHL and otherwise is hosted on Discord, is that something you currently use? If yes, what is your Discord name? If not, would you be interested in trying it out?yup, name's the same as here

3) FHM gives you the freedom to build towards a specific player type, is there a type of player that you are looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons.I wanna be the best screener of the SHL

Probably the plesiosauria, long boy of the sea. And fuck Toronto, all versions of it (except the Blue Jays until the Expos come back)

5) This question is designed to be open ended because filling these out is lame and time consuming. Tell us a bit more about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so it's important for us to try to get to know you a little more!I'm playing in a SHL blood bowl league right now. Don't really play real sports myself right now cause of covid but I like nearly all sports. Other than that, I pass time by listening to parody of all stars. I have nothing to do. Help me! They don't stop comming and they don't stop comming and they don't stop comming and they don't stop ...

2nd player so far. Johannes Leitner was my first player.

Yes I use it often.

Playmaker and two-way forward sort of build

Stegosaurus. Yes. HATE. I am a Bruins fan.

I am a big gamer on Xbox but mainly sports games. I am a big fan of baseball, basketball, and football but enjoy most sports. I was born in Massachusetts so I am a big Bruins fan but that is the only Boston team I like. I lived also in Utah and now in Georgia so I have been around. I am in like every sim league and even run my own which just started!

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

I don't have much experience in sim leagues at all, but it seems pretty cool so far and I'm definitely enjoying it! I found the SHL through google, I was looking to try a sim league out and I'm a big hockey fan so it seemed like the perfect fit!

Yes, my discord name is captainteach#8006

I want to be the ultimate shutdown goalie who's clutch in the playoffs and is a key part to any team. I'd be cool riding the bench for a little bit if it means getting that sim league experience and improving my character!

I've got to go with the T-Rex on this one, short arms and all. I'm indifferent on the Leafs, part of me is feels bad for their championship drought and another part of me thinks it's hilarious. 

I'm a big hockey and baseball fan! Football is pretty cool as well, although I don't find myself getting as invested in the season because there's just so few games compared to other sports.

I don't have any experiences with SIM leagues, but so far I'm enjoying the sense of community around it! I got in from a Reddit thread.

Yes, my discord handle is HydroRaven#1609

I'm looking to make a position and rebound control goalie. Thanks for the offer, I'll take you up on that if Marcel is recruited!

Perhaps the pterodactyl, love the idea of a flying menace. Sure, Dino Gang sounds cool. And I hate the Leafs, they cant even spell the plural of "leaf" correctly!

Love hockey, but besides that I enjoy cycling, hiking, camping. I also like boardgames, I play weekly (now sadly only on the computer). I'm an expat living in Tokyo, so I'll be on at odd hours for the people living in North America.

[Image: XbtwzDW.png]

Signature courtesy of Lord Jumbo.