Create Account

S55 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far? What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required!
Some around 40 seasons of GMing in the SHL

2)Our locker room where we discuss all things SHL and otherwise is hosted on Discord, is that something you currently use? If yes, what is your Discord name? If not, would you be interested in trying it out?
Yep

3) FHM gives you the freedom to build towards a specific player type, is there a type of player that you are looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons.
Shutdown defenseman, allergic to offense

4) What is your favorite dinosaur? Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?
I like the Utahraptor, uh sure? and yes.

5) This question is designed to be open ended because filling these out is lame and time consuming. Tell us a bit more about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so it's important for us to try to get to know you a little more!
Old ass dad, smokes too much weed, I play video games on youtube and I like to do sigs.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far? What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required!
This is my first sim league and I'm loving it so far! It's been a really awesome time, even if I'm mostly just consuming info and not engaging as much as I'd like haha.

2)Our locker room where we discuss all things SHL and otherwise is hosted on Discord, is that something you currently use? If yes, what is your Discord name? If not, would you be interested in trying it out?
I love the locker room idea! My discord is maxmiles#1773 and I love the platform so would be totally down to chill in a LR.

3) FHM gives you the freedom to build towards a specific player type, is there a type of player that you are looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons.
I'm trying to make a quick puck moving defenseman. Not a shooter, but just the type of guy who can set up goal scoring opportunities with ease.

4) What is your favorite dinosaur? Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?
Allosaurus, I've always thought it was such a cool dino. Dino gang sounds sick. I'm a Flames fan eek

5) This question is designed to be open ended because filling these out is lame and time consuming. Tell us a bit more about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so it's important for us to try to get to know you a little more!
I love hockey, but my true passion was football back in high school. I played some receiver, db, and even threw some pigskin during my four years. I love the sport, would have loved to keep going with it.

[Image: 62048_s.gif]

[Image: quebeccity.png]
[Image: kcP9WEd.png][Image: DNLeeu0.png]

alot, hate it here

same#2022

im fast and goal

idk
what
yeah fuck those guys

im bad at league and csgo but play them, i like gaming, currently doing hollow knight
i like coding hockey stuff but dont really have anything significant
i like basketball and soccer

I have been in NSFL (now ISFL) for 3 years, and I have a somewhat active in the past here in Yannick Berger. I've been around SHL/NSFL/PBE and have had a lot of impact in NSFL and helped build PBE.

I am always on discord, my tag is To1#9515

I want to block shots, stop people, and win titles. I have no need to score, my desire is to keep the other team from scoring and having scoring opportunities on our goalie.

All dinos good, but if i had to pick one give me a triceratops. The Maple Leafs suck, Capitals or bust

My weird hobby is sim leagues. I enjoy baseball and football, and play a good bit of games including old school runescape, and other things on ps4. I am really looking forward to ghosts of tsushima on friday as well. I also work for a school system so I am currently on summer break, and I am going to college currently.

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far?  What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required!
I have literally no experience with the SHL. I made a player because a lot of my friends in other sim leagues have players over here and recommend me try it. That being said, I have a player in the NSFL and am currently a minor league GM over there as well. I also have a player in PBE. Both are max earning, but both completely suck in the sim - especially my NSFL player. 

The SHL site is probably the best of the three I'm in. The banking portal is literally revolutionary. 

Yep! iStegosauruz#1669

I know literally nothing about hockey. I'm from Alabama, so like we don't have ice. I can't even skate personally. The town I live in has a skating rink around Christmas that we open up and I used to take girls there in college just to act a fool and trip over myself because they found it cute and endearing. So basically, I'll do whatever a team needs because I have no clue whats going on. When I made my player I told Ace I wanted to score goals because that does sound cool and he helped me tailor my build to do that, but I'm willing to change it or pivot if a team needs. Just let me know what I need to do and I'll do it. 

4) What is your favorite dinosaur?  Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?
My username is literally a dinosaur. I was made to be in Colorado. Bring me home!

As I said in #3 I know nothing about hockey so google tells me the Toronto Maple Leafs are an NHL team. If I'm supposed to like them now is your chance to influence my opinion. If I'm supposed to hate them, once again nows the chance to influence my opinion. 

Oh lordy y'all did not know what you were doing with this question. I love talking about myself. Its a SERIOUS problem. 

I'm a recent college graduate who started in sim leagues back in February because I was looking for something to do because of COVID. I joined the NSFL and fell in love with it because of my great minor league locker room - shoutout to the Dallas Birddogs. I stuck around, ended up becoming a GM, joined PBE, joined here, and it just keeps growing. To some people this is my weird hobby, but who gives a fuck I love it. 

In my little remaining free time when I'm not sim testing in the NSFL I enjoy playing league of legends. Once upon a time I was pretty good but now I'm absolute trash. Its still fun though, but fun in the way that having a 12 year old tell me I'm toxic and that he's going to sleep with my mom is. I'm not sure why, but you can't tear yourself away. 

In real like I'm a scrawny git and was never particularly athletic. I played soccer and basketball in high school. Our soccer team was alright, our basketball team one won game a year. We were god awful. I'm 5'11" and was our starting center. That should tell you everything you need to know. In an attempt to keep my shapely figure in college I run a lot - I average around 5 miles day. used to be more but I got lazy. It keeps me in shape, if being a literal string bean was a shape. 

I eat way too many PB&Js. They're cheap and delicious. I make a mean pan of brownies but burn cookies every time. My go to meal to cook for someone so they think I'm sophisticated is chicken parmesan. I can't really make anything else fancy, so if you hang out with me more than once expecting a great meal we're in trouble. 

I hate horror movies. All those people in high school who told you to take the cute girl to a scary movie because you could put your arm around her and comfort her were wrong - it doesn't work. Not when I literally piss myself in fear and run out of the movie theater. My standards for what is a horror movie is incredibly low too. When I was like 6 I saw ET in theaters and had to leave. The thing is fucking creepy looking - don't judge me. I refuse to watch it still. 
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020, 01:34 PM by iStegosauruz.)

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far?  What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required!
I have literally no experience with the SHL. I made a player because a lot of my friends in other sim leagues have players over here and recommend me try it. That being said, I have a player in the NSFL and am currently a minor league GM over there as well. I also have a player in PBE. Both are max earning, but both completely suck in the sim - especially my NSFL player. 

The SHL site is probably the best of the three I'm in. The banking portal is literally revolutionary. 

Yep! iStegosauruz#1669

I know literally nothing about hockey. I'm from Alabama, so like we don't have ice. I can't even skate personally. The town I live in has a skating rink around Christmas that we open up and I used to take girls there in college just to act a fool and trip over myself because they found it cute and endearing. So basically, I'll do whatever a team needs because I have no clue whats going on. When I made my player I told Ace I wanted to score goals because that does sound cool and he helped me tailor my build to do that, but I'm willing to change it or pivot if a team needs. Just let me know what I need to do and I'll do it. 

4) What is your favorite dinosaur?  Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?
My username is literally a dinosaur. I was made to be in Colorado. Bring me home!

As I said in #3 I know nothing about hockey so google tells me the Toronto Maple Leafs are an NHL team. If I'm supposed to like them now is your chance to influence my opinion. If I'm supposed to hate them, once again nows the chance to influence my opinion. 

Oh lordy y'all did not know what you were doing with this question. I love talking about myself. Its a SERIOUS problem. 

I'm a recent college graduate who started in sim leagues back in February because I was looking for something to do because of COVID. I joined the NSFL and fell in love with it because of my great minor league locker room - shoutout to the Dallas Birddogs. I stuck around, ended up becoming a GM, joined PBE, joined here, and it just keeps growing. To some people this is my weird hobby, but who gives a fuck I love it. 

In my little remaining free time when I'm not sim testing in the NSFL I enjoy playing league of legends. Once upon a time I was pretty good but now I'm absolute trash. Its still fun though, but fun in the way that having a 12 year old tell me I'm toxic and that he's going to sleep with my mom is. I'm not sure why, but you can't tear yourself away. 

In real life I'm a scrawny git and was never particularly athletic. I played soccer and basketball in high school. Our soccer team was alright, our basketball team one won game a year. We were god awful. I'm 5'11" and was our starting center. That should tell you everything you need to know. In an attempt to keep my shapely figure in college I run a lot - I average around 5 miles day. used to be more but I got lazy. It keeps me in shape, if being a literal string bean was a shape. 

I eat way too many PB&Js. They're cheap and delicious. I make a mean pan of brownies but burn cookies every time. My go to meal to cook for someone so they think I'm sophisticated is chicken parmesan. I can't really make anything else fancy, so if you hang out with me more than once expecting a great meal we're in trouble. 

I hate horror movies. All those people in high school who told you to take the cute girl to a scary movie because you could put your arm around her and comfort her were wrong - it doesn't work. Not when I literally piss myself in fear and run out of the movie theater. My standards for what is a horror movie is incredibly low too. When I was like 6 I saw ET in theaters and had to leave. The thing is fucking creepy looking - don't judge me. I refuse to watch it still. 

I have no experience with simulated sports leagues, although it does seem similar to classic RPG games. I love the site. I saw a post on r/hockey and was intrigued.

2)Our locker room where we discuss all things SHL and otherwise is hosted on Discord, is that something you currently use? If yes, what is your Discord name? If not, would you be interested in trying it out? Kraagenskul#3302

I am looking to build a defensive stalwart with a speciality in PK.

I've always been partial to the ankylosaurus, he seems pretty bad ass. Sure! As a die hard Bruins fan, I LOVE the Maple Leafs. 

I am diehard hockey fan (I played, reffed, and even coached), but I enjoy sports of all types. Hell, I even watch cricket sometimes!  I enjoy video games of all types, and board games as well.

i am recreate

yes, dylanjj37#9691

no

bj, sure, idk

idk i hate questions and have been told i have no opinions

I have no previous experience, and I heard about this league through a reddit post. It seems like it has the potential to be really fun for someone who likes hockey like me.

DomBear#2998

I'm looking to have William Hunt be a center along the lines of a Jonathan Toews or an Anze Kopitar.

Probably the Spinosauras. I can dig the Dino gang, idk what it is though. I'm not a fan of the Leafs.

I'm mid-20's male living in midwest USA. Pretty good variety of hobbies, I like staying in and gaming as well as getting outside and camping/exploring. I'm a huge sports guy, I spend a lot of time watching and talking about the big 4 North American sports leagues. Football has always been my favorite as it was the one I played the most growing up, but hockey, basketball, baseball and even golf are sports that I love.

Im Joe K. Come on.

JKortesi81#7672

I'll do whatever the team needs, idc

it's @iStegosauruz

Yikes boys. I'm old. I play sports and try to avoid surgeries. I failed at this goal recently.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far? What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required! This will be my fourth player woo! I am excited to get back

2)Our locker room where we discuss all things SHL and otherwise is hosted on Discord, is that something you currently use? If yes, what is your Discord name? If not, would you be interested in trying it out? I use both! and my name is andybj#4875

I am looking to build an offensive defenseman

I'd be down! Triceratops used to by my favorite

So for me I have been around SHL for five year. I have never really held jobs here and made money from media and being a GM and kind of just gaining money from regressing players. Honestly I am open book with a wide range of interests and the best way to get to know me better is just to reach out and ask questions

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

I am very experienced with sim leagues and the forums. I am in a shit load of them like over 10. I like the SHL site, it's is very clean. NSFL homies brought me here.

AL_GR1NG0#8406 hit me up on discord.

I don't really know much about hockey at all but I am a LW sniper.

My favorite dinosaur would have to be those little tiny raptors from jurrasic park. Like one of them you could mess up but not as a team. kinda like a team sport. I don't know shit about hockey but i will assume the Maple Leafs and in the NHL. I have no opinion one way or the other.

I am a very active person on discord. I like to interact with people and enjoy the social part of sim leagues. I like to stream me playing ultimate fishing simulator with all my sim homies.

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

No experience at all.
The site seems good, a bit confusing, but sure it'll all come together soon enough

Yes, krazko#6377

A playmaking center, win the draw, control the play

Velociraptor
the Dino Gang?
Can I have no opinion?

I'm a 30 year old Swede, currently working in the finance sector but considering changing career.
I play hockey actively IRL.
I have always liked gaming and having a good time with friends.

What should I say here, I stated you as my recruiter. I want to try another sim league next to ISFL (was my first experience there, joined in February)

sakrosankt#9873

I created as Point Shooter, but I'm not set on that. I take any advice on player build I can get.

I guess Triceratops. Don't really have a feeling about them, but in doubt I hate them.

I'm from Austria, so Europe gang. I love Football, that's why I joined ISFL (formerly known as NSFL). I'm a firefighter, guess that's my weirdest hobby, as I do it voluntarily. I'm full time working, but due to Covid in home office. I like to play many different kind of games, latest I played were Skyrim and Civ.

I have no experience with shl, but I'm a member of a few online fhm leagues, this site is a little over whelming at first but seems like everyone is super friendly and helpful, and came to the shl from a reddit advertisement and also heard of it from a shl gm who is also in one of the fhm leagues I'm apart of

Yes discord is w19eaver#1145

I'm looking to build a goaltender that works hard, doesn't tire easily, doesn't get phased from letting in a soft goal and a goalie that has his rebound control dialed in

My favorite dinosaur would have to gallimimus, hell yeah I would and I have a strong dislike for the leafs

I also enjoy football big detroit fan wings and lions, I enjoy gaming lately have been into games like stardew valley, fhm6, eu4, ck2, stellaris, bannerlord. Outside of that stuff I enjoy fishing, hiking.

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]