Create Account

S55 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread

Hi there and welcome to the site!

I'm Tig, the GM of the Detroit Falcons. My co-GM Nour and I are coming off a disappointing season, but are looking to make up for the loss of many of our players to call-ups with a strong draft. Our remaining core is slowly aging but we’re looking to remain competitive this coming season, and we wanna keep that momentum by injecting some youth into our already talented roster!

To help us find the best fits for the Detroit Falcons, both on and off the simulated ice, we’d love to get a chance to know you better. Below are some questions for you to answer that’ll help us get a feel if you’d be a good fit here! If you have any questions about the team, our experience as members of the Falcons organization, or are just looking for a little advice about the site, always feel free to PM me or my co-GM, @nour! Simple copy the code text below and reply to this thread with your answers!

Code:
[b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]

[b]How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?[/b]/size]

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?[/b]

[b]You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? [/b]

[b]Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?[/b]

[b]If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?[/b]

[b]Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?[/b]

[b]Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?[/b]

[b]Share your best joke or meme[/b]

Thanks for answering and all the best in the S55 SMJHL Draft!

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Do you have any previous sim league experience?
Yes, currently playing in NSFL. First time SHLer.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?

Probably a few hours.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?

Gaming, sim leagues, etc. Currently playing Bioshock, Subnautica, and Rim World. I like most chips honestly, but one of my favs is Lays BBQ. When it comes to NHL, I'm all about the Edmonton Oilers.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?

As much time as I need to spend in the juniors - honestly I'm fairly indifferent as long as I get some good ice time and get to be part of a good locker room. 

Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?

Yes, I can and will use discord - Kyamprac#1695

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?

Just looking for a LR with minimal drama and teammates/management that are willing to help me learn the league and such. People with a decent sense of humor helps too.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?

Don't think so - I'm fairly quiet around here but active.

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?

Want to play, haven't yet. Would probably main Yoshi though.

Share your best joke or meme

Definitely not my best but you're puttin' me on the spot here so

[Image: OCD46bV.jpg]

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

Hockey Dynasty, if that is applicable.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?

Absolutely more than enough. School's out, and I don't have a job either, so...

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?

I mostly play video games or just chat on Discord with friends.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?

Anywhere from 1-3. I've always been an ambitious kind of guy, and I haven't really decided how long I'd like to spend playing in the SMJHL.

Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?

I do indeed use Discord. python#7936

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?

Enjoyable, non-toxic environment where we can all get to know each other and build cup-winning chemistry.

Nope.

I don't really main anyone in particular, but the characters I play the most are probably Mario and Joker.

[Image: 20200622_020751.jpg]

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

coming up on 3 years on here

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]

hard to say, enough to have a good player though

lately i've just been watching lots of movies and going on lots of walks. My favourite chips are plain, and I'm a Winnipeg Jets fan.

probably 2-3, I'll go up whenever my SHL team wants me

yes

sure i'm open to playing anywhere

can't think of anything

not applicable, don't have a switch

what did the clock do when it was hungry? It went back for seconds.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

I have all the experience.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]

I always make time.

Spending time on my computer, playing video games, reading.

I assume I'll be down for at least 2 seasons, especially with the change to FHM.

Yes, I'm active on discord.

I have no problems with the Falcons. One of my past players was a Falcon, we had a killer season, just couldn't finish the job.

I won't be a wasted pick.

Kirby.

What did the five fingers say to the face?
[Image: Oh4z2fo.gif]

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

I do not, this is my first sim league.

Probably a few hours a day if need be.

Playing hockey and video games. Dragon age and witcher 3 are my favourites, play a lot of chel offline modes and fifa. Sweet chili heat are my favourite chips, the Jets are my favourite team!

3-4 years if I like my teammates!

I do use discord.

Positive environment, tight knit and fun group

Not really, but I'm hoping I go high!

Don't play much smash bros, but when I do, Bowser.

[Image: 6206e1c8f099b30a58683152f018d89b.png]

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Yes, third player here starting and been in other leagues for couple years.

I don´t know, should be able to do the point tasks just fine and maybe write some media here and there.

I listen to music and podcasts, maybe play some games on PS4. No favorite games or chips at the moment, Kingdome Come was pretty nice though. I don´t support any NHL teams that closely, mainly I try to keep up with the Finnish NHL players and see how they are doing.

Depends of course, but would like to go up as fast as possible. If whatever team drafts me does not have room then I could be interested in playing more junior hockey, but right now the goal is to make it into big show asap.

I use it sometimes, not actively, but I do check the main channels and messages at least once a day.

If you pick me - nothing against playing for Falcons.

Might not have enough money for equipment.

Luigi, a man with a mustache is always good with me.

Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. – I gave him a glass of water.

Do you have any previous sim league experience? been in them all but this league is my true love.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis? too much. I'm always on

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? Lately lots of gaming and cooking until I start school in the fall. Been playing a lot of Escape From Tarkov lately

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? I'd like to do at least 3 seasons

Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? I live on discord pretty much. I'm almost always accessible

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon? I have no strong feelings one way or the other

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? nope!

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)? Toon Link

Plenty

Enough

This is what I do on a daily basis, sim leagues. As far as non-league stuff, I like to play video games. Mostly MLB The Show & OOTP right now. Big fan of the LA Kings ever since Quick made the jump from my hometown team in Reading.

My first player spent 3 season in juniors, so that's about what I'm expecting again.

Telegrams or bust.

I suppose I could be a Falcon, but that might take some time to let the talons grow in.

You'd much rather have Petrovs on your side than against it.

N/A

[Image: derpcat-win-streak-meme.png]
credit my boy KoltClassic from ISFL for that one

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

1. No
2. Not enough
3. Idk.
4. 6 seasons.
5. What's discord?
6. Mayb.
7. e
8. Little Mac
9. No thanks

[Image: 3.png]

Fuckin ton

Ultimately 3 minutes

Cumming

Kill me if I spend more than 1

Ya, never gonna use discord sry m8

Obviously I'll play anywhere... but Detroit

Ultra high TPE earner -- That's me

Toon Link

I don't have one

Good luck in the draft!

(read the first letter of each reply)

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

yes

infinite. time is a mere construct in this brave new world

sitting around in my house because my city banned us from going anywhere. chutes and ladders. carrot. california golden seals

as long as my SHL team wants me to

i will answer this question in detroit discord

yup

yeah you should remove a bunch of the bullshit questions i put in here two years ago lmfao

crazy hand

jss

Yes. Loads.

6-8 hours potentially.

Working, mostly. Avalanche is the team I am into.

I dunno. 3?

Yes. I use Discord.

Muford#9925

I don't not have interest. I am open to anywhere.

Petrov Scor Gol.

N/A

N/A

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 02:38 PM by littleb.)

Not like this, played football manager a long while back but that is all.

Weekdays are more free than my weekends.  I pop on frequently and am usually always on discord.  Weekends are family time so pop in when I can.

I am a financial controller for a small optical chain.  RPG and sport games electronically, play soccer for my hometown club, rec hockey and curling.  BBQ is the only real Potato chip to talk about and I was a Whaler's fan up until their ultimate demise then half heartedly followed Carolina until the Jets came back!

Honestly going to rely on help with this.  At some point moving up when ready would be ok but with a good core in a team I am having fun with there is no reason to move before i have too.  Will depend on the fit with the locker room.

Use it, on it constantly there is no issue here.

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon? Guys who will have a good time and lend advice when needed.

I am very green... but very coachable.

I can't even remember to be honest.  Haven't played a lot of it

[Image: 8F99koM.png]

Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Falcons

Do you have any previous sim league experience? ISFL for 5 months

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis? A couple of hours a week, enough for PT's and AC's every week but extra stuff may vary depending on how into this league I get

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? I know very little about NHL so I dont have a team. I enjoy a lot of different PC games, sports, NFL, football(soccer) and drinking life's problems away

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?  I'm happy to stay down as long as I'm needed, with discussions between SHL and SMJHL GM's. It's a development league so if I'm needed to go up I would but I'm happy to stay down

Our team typically uses Discord to communicate, do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? Yes Mooney#0110

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon? Just a friendly and positive atmosphere is the only real requirement for me

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? Probably not quite going to be max earning  but I'll see how it goes

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)? I haven't played smash in a good number of years now. I enjoyed Meta knight and Marth last time I remember