Create Account

Scouting the defence and goalies of S55 (x2 draft media)
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 02:08 AM by Mazatt.)

I was looking over the draft class and decided to take a look at the depth of top end, defensive talent as well as the talent in net ahead of this draft. There might be a report on the forwards for this class, but there are 23 goalies and defensemen, while there are 35 forwards and going through this was a bit of work. Regardless, as always these rankings are subjective and shouldn't be taken as gospel as they are super influenced by TPE. Enjoy!

DEFENSE

1. Rikard Bjerg
Through limited interactions with Agentsmith it is clear that he is dedicated to the site in a massive way. He’s taken upon the role of updater, and he is constantly putting crafting fantastic media. I haven’t heard a single bad thing about him. After joining Maine at the end of last season as a DFA it was clear that he made an impact big enough to be drafted 2nd overall as a recreate. A defensive stalwart, he posted a 64 DGR and still put up 11 points. While that may not reach the heights of other rookies, on a weak offense in Maine those are good numbers. He also is in contention for top TPE in the draft class (fuck fantasy). With a strong bank account, and more media on the way, commitment to the SHL, great personality, and high TPE, I have a hard time seeing Bjerg fall out of the top two or three draft spots. Any team looking for a defensive presence would be remiss not to draft him. If someone from the future told me he was a HoF’er I wouldn’t be at all surprised.

2. Colin Lambert
A recreate with a massive bank account, Rum_Ham is set for the foreseeable future when it comes to training, coaching, anything. He makes fantastic sigs and still makes good media despite not needing money. That shows a dedication to the site that’s hard to ignore. With 2 challenge cups already under his belt, Rum_Ham shouldn’t even be drafted. He said it himself. As for Lambert, he put up 25 points with great defence (70 DGR), played both the powerplay and penalty kill, and put up 6 points in 7 games against Carolina before his team was eliminated. Those 25 points were second among all rookies in points, and that’s as a defensemen! Leading the class in TPE (Yay fantasy) it’s hard not to look at a veteran of the site and have him outside of the top 2 as well.

3. Johnny Shuffleboard
First generation player #2 coming in here. Mee has made 9 articles in his tenure on the SHL, however he is sitting at a ten million dollar bank balance. Not making any detractions there just making note. Reading through the articles they are good reads and more than just money grabs. He’s everywhere with comments and is another top tier TPE earner for this draft class. As far as Shuffleboard the player is concerned, he is a great offensive producer. He had a solid 21 points on a Vancouver team that missed the playoffs, however his defensive game rating is a lot weaker than Lambert’s which is why he is sitting below him on my rankings. Regardless, the rookie averaged close to 20 minutes a night and played both on the penalty kill and on the powerplay, the latter of which he amassed 3 of his points playing on. With more work into his defensive game he will be a premier defensemen. If he continues to be active, and earns at a rate close to what he is now there should be nothing holding him back from greatness.

4. Connor Hutton
Hutton has catapulted himself into the top of the class for TPE after amassing a whopping 17 TPE in his season predictions. As a teammate of Overdoo’s I couldn’t help but put him this high. He is interested into the site, is great to talk to, is always looking to do media, and earns TPE real good. While his bank balance of five million may be off putting, I have heard from unnamed sources that articles are on the way that will push him to affording the big training and coaching prices in the SHL. Hutton the player was great on Carolina’s back end. He potted 14 points in the regular season, but showed up with 9 points in the playoffs. That includes 8 assists and the cup clinching goal as his only tally. He has shown the ability to produce in the clutch, and has good offensive facets to his game. Defensively he is above average most nights but could be better.

5. Terrence "Big Terry" Smith
Another first generation player making this list, Big Terry, is, well, big. He’s tied for second in TPE for the entire S55 class at the time of writing. Puljujarvi Fan is looking good as far as bank account goes--he is in a similar spot to Bjerg in that he writes good media and has a twenty million dollar balance. The marked difference between them is that Bjerg is taking jobs on the site and commenting on media and such, where as Puljujarvi Fan is more player focused. However, I don’t know the locker room dynamic in Colorado. As a first gen player his dedication to the site is useful. The biggest drawback for Terrence Smith isn’t his dedication, it’s more so in his build. Despite being in the top 3 for TPE for the class he put up 6 points on a highly offensive team in Colorado and wasn’t able to capitalize on anything in the playoffs, but against Anaheim no one really got points. With that in mind teams might be wary of his build. While he did have a 62 DGR, compared to Lambert and Bjerg the lack of production is concerning, but if he is willing listen on advice to get better offensive results he is another elite defensive prospect.

6. Axel Foley
Mazatt is a recreate on the site, the second defencemen on this list who’s recreating, and his player Foley had a solid season as the other rookie blue liner in Carolina. He has a sizeable bank account at around the forty million mark before the writing of this post, as a x2 media prospect report is bound to get some traction as far as money is concerned. After falling inactive in S43 Mazatt has made it further than last time and is hoping to carry that success forward in playing an SHL game this time around. Despite being one of the top TPE defensemen this draft, going inactive with his last player makes it hard to put him in the top 5 compared to other successful players. Foley the player was the leading rookie point scorer on Carolina with 15 points and four goals. In the playoffs he started his tenure off with 4 points in 4 games before dropping off until the start of the four star cup, where he picked up another goal and 2 more assists before eventually winning the four star cup in his inaugural season. He was sharp in the playoffs with his defensive game with a 62 DGR, but his offensive rating of 49 kept him from being able to claim a title of “good two-way”, and is instead “good in own end”. Those ratings were similar to the regular season as he had slightly better numbers across the board. I’d expect him to be a mid-late first.

7. Teddy Park
First gen player Trashae is another active defensemen on the site, and he produced at a high level in his first SMJHL season. Much like Overdoo, Trashae themselves have a somewhat dangerous bank balance at sub ten million, however he is a frequent media creator and is one of the few, if not the only S55 player to have a podcast thus far. If that continues there’s no reason to expect his funds to dry up. Back to his high level performance, Park put up a 69 DGR (NICE) with a positive giveaway/takeaway differential, backed up by 19 points which is 15th in a solid rookie crop. He is like many prospects in this years draft in that his future predicts a solid two-way defenseman that is D-first, but can still put the puck in the net. As one of the two great rookie d-men out of Kelowna, he is another player that could be looking at being picked in the mid/late 1st round of the draft.

8. Kolja Kekkonen
This is a hard player to place. WannabeFinn is legitimately everywhere on the site with his comments. He’s witty, has a seventy one million dollar bank balance, and is the serving GM of Buffalo. It’s that last part that makes it hard to rank him. We know when he’s getting picked. He literally doesn't have to be picked. He's just a free add to the Buffalo roster. But there's no way to ignore Kekkonen even if he won't be drafted. Despite that, Kekkonen is a high earning defenceman who played 15 minutes a night behind a crowded Detroit defence. In the Falcons down year he produced 10 points with 5 more takeaways than giveaways, which is always good. He funneled quite a few shots to the net but didn’t end up getting lucky with goals on more than 3% of them. He’s another player projecting into the “two-way threat” defenseman level. There’s no concern for activity with Finn’s track record, Buffalo will be getting a great player in the second round this season. With a 10 TPE lead on the next best d-man it’s impossible to put him lower.

9. Adrik Baranov
Maine had a lot of rookies and he is the second defencemen on this list for them. He actually put up better numbers than Bjerg, but AgentSmith’s presence on the site is hard to ignore. Plus the TPE difference is big which as a rookie might not be worth as much as I believe. Either way, Jorec is a long-time member of the site who is returning after a 4 year hiatus. That twenty one million bank account will hold him up for awhile but more media/jobs are needed to support Baranov’s training. Speaking of Baranov, having less TPE did not hurt his build. A 61 game rating on a team that missed the playoffs in the J, that’s with a 65 DGR and 21 points. He is up there in terms of production for two-way defensemen, especially with his usefulness to Maine moving forward. He averaged over 3 minutes on the power play per game, but didn’t play the PK, but also played 20 minutes a night. That’s a lot to ask of a youngster like him. But he was up for the task. He has the makings of a great second round pick, or even a late first on a D-hungry team. Sleeper pick that could be a steal.

10. Lonnie O’Donoghue
This section is filled with veteran members of the site that are a few good fantasy seasons from the top of the leader boards. Kimmy is below Baranov because he has a Fortnite Guy Fieri as his profile pic. Just gross man. Nasty shit. Regardless the ten million balance in his account needs work. A media piece on the draft or World Juniors would be a big boost in his draft stock as being able to afford SHL training and coaching will be very useful in this upcoming season. However he has made graphics which are good sources of income if done consistently. O’Donoghue had a rough season in Vancouver as far as scoring is concerned. No goals and eight assists, but his defensive game was great with a 63 DGR, and a +12 takeaway giveaway ratio he was a solid option out the back. If he keeps that up he will be a great shutdown option in the SHL, and if he can develop his offensive game he will be a premier two-way player. Crazy that someone with such good defense is ranked 10. I see O’Donoghue as a 2nd rounder.

11. Joorgustraad DuBolk
MCP_, by all rights, should be respected and go to Tampa. At least that’s how I see it. Was the GM for the team and was expecting to go there, I see no reason not to give him the chance to stay with the team he built. If he doesn’t the rest of the teams have aa recreate from an active member of the community to look forward to. A solid bank account with a quarter hunned million dollars available to be spent. More media could help but he is still an active member and having 5 less TPE than the competition doesn’t take away from that. As far as DuBolk’s production, he was 2 games off of the four star cup in his rookie season. Before that though was the regular season, and in that marathon he potted 12 points in twenty minutes a night with a 65 defensive game rating. A great option to support two 425 goalies in Anaheim, he had solid regular season stats and stayed consistent into the playoffs with 5 points in 16 games without his ratings changing much at all. Again, teams will be happy to get a player like him in the 2nd.

12. Igor Victory
Wearingabear is the first first-gen in a while on the defensive side of things, and has the distinct honor of hosting the HoF ceremony this past week. That, alongside his in-depth pieces on depth through TPE on WJC teams, and really just a ton of great articles, are going to bolster his nearly ten million dollar bank account to last him a few seasons of relaxing if he so chooses. Igor Victory put up good numbers in his first season with the Armada who sold at the deadline, which bodes well for a good future. 11 points with a 63 DGR, which feels familiar to prospects further up the list, it’s just he doesn’t have as much TPE as the guys ahead of him which cuts into getting drafted in the top round. He also had a massively high defensive game rating in the playoffs for a team that lost in the playoffs, with a 74 rating. Which is really good for any player, let alone a defensemen. Because of that he is easily a second round talent.

13. Chris Goodname
This far down the list and we’re just getting to the third highest rookie scorer? Hot damn, this class for d-men is strong as fuck. Kikish is a veteran of the site and clearly knows how to make an effective player, as Goodname was a big part of Kelowna’s defence. The individual behind the player has thirty million in the bank and has what appears to be a monthly media piece which should keep that number steady or growing which spells good fortune for an SHL career for Goodname. Chris put up 23 points backing the Knights offense, but as he was an offense first defensemen (57/56 OGR/DGR) his impact is hard to nail down. That combined with not as much TPE keeps him out of the upper echelon of draftable d-men. Plus his playoff stats left a lot to be desired with just 3 assists in 12 games on Kelowna’s path to the western conference finals. Either way, another great defender available in the second round that doesn’t fit the mold the rest of these players do.

14. Leonidas Balzams
After a considerable drop off we’re down to the home stretch of defensemen. Cyanide joined the site in 2012 and boasts a fourteen million dollar bank account. With more media being done that should last him a bit into the season but they definitely need to look for more money ahead of the upcoming season. Balzams season is a mini version of Goodname’s season in many ways. Comparable DGR and OGR, and a good amount of points. It’s just those numbers are 52, 53, and 14 respectively compared to the better numbers all around this class. However slow burn players are still good players so I’d still expect Balzams to be drafted as he still updates.

15. Fleetway Super-Sonic
This UDFA add towards the end of the season for the Knights is gaining TPE at a good rate. It’s hard to judge UDFA’s because they are considerably behind some other players and have limited ways of making that TPE up, so it’s hard to put anyone high up. However, Taxman has been more active than some of the names that will be called before them, which is rough, but should lead to more motivation to show them up with solid earning. In 29 games they put up 5 points but are still waiting on their first goal. They were slightly above average defensively, and 1 point below average offensively. I have no guesses on where they end up though. Too hard with UDFA’s

16. Hennessey-Ghallchobar O’McGuinness
After going inactive with updates for a hot minute, Paytonium is back on the scene. With 3 million in the bank account, but a knack for sigs, they look to be toeing the line of enough money for training and the like. I don’t believe they’re a UDFA but it’s hard to figure this kinda stuff out personally. Regardless, O’McGuinness put up 2 points in 27 games with the Timber, so they have some accomplishments to their name but will have to prove they’re in it for the long run to push their way to signing or getting drafted to an SHL team.

17. Jed Mosley Jr.
Another player I can’t find a lot on. I can’t find them accepting a UDFA signing, but these low TPE counts are hard to overcome. Unfortunately I don’t have much to say. Either way, Mosley Jr. made it into 25 games and picked up 4 points, and is a similar position to O’McGuinness.

18. Nathan Thomas
Thomas was drafted by the Timber and picked up 10 points in 30 games and KaleSalad has been on the site recently, but are really low in TPE counts for a drafted player. Regardless, being active is all you need to find a way onto the roster.

GOALIES

1. Peter Ramsey
I got to share a locker room with Hoov, which affirms to me that it’s right to put them first. They have a solid bank account with 30 mil, and have the most TPE for a tender thus far which. The biggest thing beyond that going for Ramsey is the fact that they have the highest game rating and Sv% for any goalie this season, however that was in 11 games compared to other goalie(s) that stole the starting job. Ramsey has a chance to be a goalie taken in the first round, which is a very good look for a goalie. Especially when a team like Tampa has a ton of picks. Either that or an early second.

2. Nicolae Antonescu
It was really hard to decide between Ramsey or Antonescu for first. Both are recreates, having around 30 mil in the bank account, and had great stats in the regular season. The biggest difference is Antonescu started the majority of St. Louis’ games and was the playoff starter. Really, the only thing setting these two apart is 3 TPE and the fact I haven’t interacted with Budgie. Honestly, I considered having a shared 1A/1B slot, but there are so many defensemen that would apply to. I couldn’t do it. Regardless, a rookie starter taking their team to game 7 against the eventual cup champs is another potential 1st rounder.

3. Blunt Man
There is a big gap between Blunt Man and the other two tendies. I believe that apart of this is the fact that Obsidian compiles a ton of his updates into one big one which means that he has TPE that isn’t accounted for, which makes sense as a back up he wouldn’t need to really have those stats ready in the playoffs. Being in the locker room with Obsidian I can confidently say that he takes part in the locker room and is active. With 7 million in his bank account some media or other ways to bolster his account would be nice. It’s hard to predict where he’ll go. He has good numbers, has been on the site for a 8 years before, and is a goalie which means he might get overdrafted due to position, or left for the wealth of forward talent. Either way, I have confidence he will make an impact in the SHL, and will succeed as the Kraken starter into next year.

4. Junior Gaurda
Loco has a 10 mil bank account, but haven’t updated since the 10th of last month, and have mostly done the rocket league tournaments without much done in terms of updating. They are considered active, and maybe with Adumnsen getting called up eventually they could get active, and could be worth a late pick for a team that needs a goalie.

5. Keisuke Suzuki
Suzuki is in a similar spot to Gaurda. Infrequent updates, mostly Activity Checks, and little PT’s done. Another tender who could be picked up in the late rounds by a goalie hungry team. He is active and could end up being a good back up at this rate, and a good team could push Rieksts to do more with their bank account, and to earn a bigger back account.

Code:
3569 words, ready for grading

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Kraken

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 02:10 AM by AgentSmith630.)

Ilike

Also, fuck fantasy

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

yay fantasy!
Also to all the GMs reading, don't sleep on my boy Antonescu  Scarecrows

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Stellar piece of work here mazatt

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Nicely done. Smile

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

Ya darn tootin' I'm back. Ya boi had finals but now I'm here to stayy.
Go Maine!  Timber

[Image: Screenshot_2020-05-18_at_9.24.57_PM.png?...height=942]
[Image: HenneyIL-GBsig2.png]
~ Sigs made by yours truly ~

[Image: vokU6Ra.png] | [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Great piece, looking forward to the draft!

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Once more for the people in the back; fuck fantasy

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]