Create Account

Minor Improvement to Bank Amount Fields

Imagine caring this much about something that won’t even affect you

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

This is an incredible change and anyone that can't appreciate it is a heathen.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

07-14-2020, 11:22 AMTheHockeyist Wrote:
07-14-2020, 11:15 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: if you're wondering why people are mad at you, it's because downplayed the effort people put in to make this site better JUST so you could brag about how you can count zeroes, which is asinine because you can more easily count commas. You're pretending you're smarter than everyone because you choose to do things the hard way for no reason. Even if you can count zeroes easily, you shouldn't have to count them. This is like if someone tied your shoes and you were like "um excuse me, i was doing just fine before! I can keep my shoes on my feet easily enough using my toes and walking in a specific way! Things are easy if you just try!". uhhh, good job I guess. Leave UX to the experts.
I mean, I get there was code involved. I just... we've gone over this. It is true that you can more easily count commas. I was not intended to argue that I prefer to do things the hard way "for no reason". I'm just saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". The method worked before at least. And I get it. Improvements for the rest of us. I'm not even... what am I doing. I'm here arguing over whether or not having commas in a number is even necessary to read it when all you need to know is that six zeros pressed is a million and nine is a billion, checking the screen to make sure all six or nine or whatever zeros are there as you type. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine. 000000000. Done. How hard is it?

sigh

I get it. I just... argh. As someone who's dealt with commaless numbers in the past and people complaining about zeros, why not just type everything in scientific notation? Instead of 10 million dollars, type 1e+7 dollars. It would make things easier. No more zeros.

Not continuing any arguments, but I prefer engineering notation (1e0, 10e0, 100e0, 1e3, 10e3, 100e3, 1e6, 10e6, 100e6, ...). It's like turning the "thousand" or "million" into scientific notation so it's easier to discern if a number is 1,000,000 or 10,000,000, for example.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

07-14-2020, 12:03 PMJustice Wrote: Don't get me wrong, it's pretty cool to be on TV
So all the folks back home can see me
And that I'm livin' it out
All the things I used to dream about
Yeah, it's pretty great, the playin' on a stage
Proud 'cause there ain't an empty seat in the place
But, girl, ever since I met you
I got a whole new perspective
If I'm gonna be famous for somethin'
I wanna be famous for lovin' you
If I'm gonna be known around the world
I wanna because of you, girl
Nothin' wrong with the center of attention
Long as I'm with you, I don't mind the pictures
Girl, I wanna be famous for lovin' you
Famous for lovin' you
Yeah, I hope the first question people ask me
Is "how's your girl and how's your family?"
I could go on and on and on
Talkin' 'bout you for days
You can bet when I hear, "congratulations"
Want it to be because we made it
Another five years
Best thing I got is right here
Nothin' wrong with the center of attention
Long as I'm with you, I don't mind the pictures
Ooh, famous for lovin' you, ooh
And if I'm gonna go down in history
I hope it's all 'cause of you and me
Famous for lovin' you
Famous for lovin' you

mason ramsey the goat this is an unironic banger

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

My IQ is in the trillions and I don’t even need commas to read it.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

07-14-2020, 12:04 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: you guys ever heard of science? pretty crazy stuff

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 01:06 PM by teztify.)

/r/iamverysmart

Great job, kenvald!

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

07-14-2020, 12:48 PMbbjygm Wrote:
07-14-2020, 11:22 AMTheHockeyist Wrote: I mean, I get there was code involved. I just... we've gone over this. It is true that you can more easily count commas. I was not intended to argue that I prefer to do things the hard way "for no reason". I'm just saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". The method worked before at least. And I get it. Improvements for the rest of us. I'm not even... what am I doing. I'm here arguing over whether or not having commas in a number is even necessary to read it when all you need to know is that six zeros pressed is a million and nine is a billion, checking the screen to make sure all six or nine or whatever zeros are there as you type. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine. 000000000. Done. How hard is it?

sigh

I get it. I just... argh. As someone who's dealt with commaless numbers in the past and people complaining about zeros, why not just type everything in scientific notation? Instead of 10 million dollars, type 1e+7 dollars. It would make things easier. No more zeros.

Not continuing any arguments, but I prefer engineering notation (1e0, 10e0, 100e0, 1e3, 10e3, 100e3, 1e6, 10e6, 100e6, ...). It's like turning the "thousand" or "million" into scientific notation so it's easier to discern if a number is 1,000,000 or 10,000,000, for example.
isnt that what k, m, b are for?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

07-14-2020, 01:06 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
07-14-2020, 12:48 PMbbjygm Wrote: Not continuing any arguments, but I prefer engineering notation (1e0, 10e0, 100e0, 1e3, 10e3, 100e3, 1e6, 10e6, 100e6, ...). It's like turning the "thousand" or "million" into scientific notation so it's easier to discern if a number is 1,000,000 or 10,000,000, for example.
isnt that what k, m, b are for?
There's also t for trillion and then the system fails. 1 quadrillion and quintillion are never "1q". Hence why I prefer 1e+15 and 1e+18.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

As someone who deposits multiple things a season and has screwed it up. Thanks for adding commas.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

07-14-2020, 12:48 PMbbjygm Wrote:
07-14-2020, 11:22 AMTheHockeyist Wrote: I mean, I get there was code involved. I just... we've gone over this. It is true that you can more easily count commas. I was not intended to argue that I prefer to do things the hard way "for no reason". I'm just saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". The method worked before at least. And I get it. Improvements for the rest of us. I'm not even... what am I doing. I'm here arguing over whether or not having commas in a number is even necessary to read it when all you need to know is that six zeros pressed is a million and nine is a billion, checking the screen to make sure all six or nine or whatever zeros are there as you type. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine. 000000000. Done. How hard is it?

sigh

and I prefer the printing notation 1M = 1,000 because that's what I work in daily. We all can't get what we want.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

07-14-2020, 01:25 PMSDCore Wrote:
07-14-2020, 12:48 PMbbjygm Wrote: Not continuing any arguments, but I prefer engineering notation (1e0, 10e0, 100e0, 1e3, 10e3, 100e3, 1e6, 10e6, 100e6, ...). It's like turning the "thousand" or "million" into scientific notation so it's easier to discern if a number is 1,000,000 or 10,000,000, for example.

and I prefer the printing notation 1M = 1,000 because that's what I work in daily. We all can't get what we want.
THANK YOU. God so many financial statements that I look at saying "in 000s" and my concept of numbers is messed up

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Can we all agree that in English, 1M for 1000 is dumb?

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

07-14-2020, 01:25 PMSDCore Wrote:

No I agree with you, I mean I prefer engineering notation to scientific notation, but in this case the printing notation or the full number with commas is the most readable.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

07-14-2020, 12:03 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
07-14-2020, 11:55 AM.bojo Wrote: It's not about math/science. It's about readability.

Base 10 is universally used because we have 10 fingers. Much like commas, we use a visual reference like fingers to help us.

I learned in high school that Germany has commas and periods reversed when it comes to numbers and it blew my mind

https://language-boutique.com/lost-in-tr...ommas.html
Not just Germany. We (The Netherlands) use commas for decimals, and periods for thousands as well.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty