Create Account

Joe K Rides Off Into The Sunset

It’s been almost 4 real life years to the day that I first came into the SHL with Joe Kurczewski, who would end up becoming a much easier to spell “Joe K”. I never once thought when I first showed up here just how ingrained this league would be in my life. I’m beyond honored and humbled by the amount of strictly great people who have become family just from our little site here.

It’s time to do maybe the only thing I haven’t done yet. It’s time for Joe K to retire. Next season will officially be his last.

And what a run it’s been. I started out as part of an AMAZING S31 class that is 100% the best of all time. It brought us Joe K, Visser, Metzler, LKS, Evans, Tomen, Pris, and I’m going to stop there because there’s too many to list.

Currently, Joe K is 6th all time in SHL Scoring with 917 points. He’s won Five Challenge Cups, (3 with Calgary, 1 with Edmonton, 1 with New Orleans), was an MVP, won the Dar, and is the all time playoff points leader, probably. He’s also the only player in SHL history with 6 Gold Medals. I think it’s safe to say that the next stop is the Hall of Fame.

There’s so many people I want to thank. It’ll be impossible to nail them all, so I’ll just quickly mention @Steelhead77 , @TheDangaZone , @ztevans , and @Nictox .

But I love all of you.

This was the best, being Joe K. It truly made my life better, especially when a lot of things were falling apart. I’m blessed and I’m lucky.

Thank you, SHL.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

_/ _/ _/

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Congrats on the amazing career Joe!

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Wow. End of an era.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

helluva career

_/ _/ _/

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

No mention smh

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

o :(

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Love you

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Bout time you old bag of bones.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Congrats on an incredible career!

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Last of the S31s. Legit amazing how long you held on to him. Looking forward to your recreate!

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

RIP to a SHL legend, good luck with the recreate Joe

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

That's it. Turn out the lights, S31. It's been real.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

_/ _/ _/

Great career, Joe. On to the next adventure?

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!