Create Account

Winnipeg Jets Draft Day Press Conference

Winnipeg Arena

4:29 A.M. CST

JETS GM:  Thank you very much, everybody.  Please.  I hope it’s not too hot.  But it’s pretty warm.  Thank you.

Interview Today is Draft Day, how are you feeling?

So, we’ve had a big day in the draft market.  Picks are coming back, and they’re coming back very rapidly — a lot sooner than people thought.  People are feeling good about our team.  People are feeling good about defensemen and possible forwards.  But we’re going to go over quite a bit, and maybe at the end, we’ll take some questions if we have time, if it’s not too hot.

Prior to the draftees pouring in from the SMJHL, they were having the worst year, you know, in 67 years.  And I don’t want them to have a bad year; I want them to have a good year, but they were taking advantage of the Vancouver Whalers for many, many years, and that’s stopping.

But then they — then the draftees came in, and the league is a different place.  But we’re now getting back, and one of the reasons the recruiting is doing so — it’s almost at the point that it was at prior to the draft.  Almost.  We’re getting very close.  It’s a great thing.  It’s an amazing thing, what our people have done and what they’ve endured.

And the Draft Trade — Draft Trade is terrible.  That deal is terrible.  And the World Juniors is a terrible deal.  We’ve been very tough on the World Junior Championships, and we’ve been, I guess, as tough as you can get on Team World.  We withdrew our money.  We told them we’re getting out.  It doesn’t mean that someday we won’t go back in.  Maybe we will, when it’s correctly run.  But they made a lot of bad predictions, and they said a lot of bad things about what to do and how to do it.  And they turned out to be wrong, and they were really a puppet of Team Dacha.

Interview What are thoughts on using FHM for the last couple of seasons?

And make no mistake: We hold Hamilton fully responsible for concealing FHM and unleashing it upon the world.  They could’ve stopped it.  They should’ve stopped it.  It would’ve been very easy to do at the source when it happened.

Interview What did you think about New Orleans winning the Challenge Cup, and Joe K announcing his retirement?

In contrast, Kortes’s entire career has been a gift to the Calgary Communist Dragons and to the calamity of — of errors that they’ve made.  They made so many errors.  And it’s been devastating for the Specter players.  New Orleans has taken out hundreds of billions of dollars a year from our league.  And we rebuilt New Orleans.  I give them all the credit in the world.  I don’t give the credit for the people that used to stand here, because they allowed this to happen where hundreds of billions of dollars were taken out of the SHL Treasury in order to rebuild New Orleans.

There’s no team and no team in the league — no team in the league has ever ripped off the SHL like the incredible job that they did on this league and the people that ran it.  Possibly, it’s one of the reasons — certainly, it’s one of the very big reasons — trades and things related to trades — that I got hired in the first place.  I’ve been talking about it for a long time, along with many other subjects, frankly.

Joe K supported New Orleans’s entry into the Simulation Hockey League — one of the greatest geopolitical and economic disasters in world history.  If you look at New Orleans, if you look at the moment they joined the SHL, they were flat lining for years and years and years and decades.  And then, all of a sudden, they joined the SHL, and they went like a rocket ship.  They were given all sorts of advantages.  They were considered a developing team.  As a developing team, they got tremendous advantages over the Winnipeg Jets and other teams.  And they took advantage of those advantages, and — and then some. They took all of the advantage away from us. They took everything away.

So Joe K and Commissioner Eggy freely allowed New Orleans to pillage our prospects, plunder our rosters, and steal our most precious draft picks.  And I’ve stopped it largely, but I’ve stopped it.  And it wasn’t easy, because you talk about a certain power of the telephone and the calls, where they would call and say, “No, we don’t want to do that.”  And other teams would call on behalf of New Orleans.  But I did it.  I did what has to be done.  And you just take a look at what’s gone on.  And take a look at the kind of — at the numbers where they devalued their players in order to pay the contracts.

Interview How excited are you for the upcoming season?

We’ve — we’ve got now, soon — as it — all this equipment comes in, all made in Winnipeg — we’ve got the newest, most incredible sticks anywhere in the world.  We have the best pucks, the best pads, the best skates, gloves.  We have the best of everything.  We have the best fighters — the Brain, the McScruff.  All of these assets are being built.  Updaters — incredible updaters.  Goalies.  Hope we don’t have to use them, but we have the most incredible coaches.

When I came in, the salary cap was totally depleted.  It was — it was at a level that was just absolutely incredible.  And you know the statements.  I made the statements before I told you what general managers told me about our roster.  And I’ll make them again.  If somebody needs them, we’ll give them to you.  Very well documented.

Interview Have you been reading any of the articles about the prospects in this Draft?

And, frankly, if we didn’t draft, you wouldn’t have all the headlines because we’re showing prospects.  And we have just about the lowest draft pick.  But if we did — think of this: If we didn’t do drafting — instead of drafting over 40 million people, if we did half the drafting, we would have half the prospects.  If we did another — you cut that in half, we would have, yet again, half of that.

But the headlines are always prospects.  Now, the drafting is a good thing, but at the same time, it’s — it’s fodder for the fake SHL news to report prospects.  So we’re doing 40 million-plus, going to be very close to 45 million people.  And when I turn on the news, I see, “prospects, prospects, prospects.”  They don’t talk about drafts being cut down to a level that — actually, “tenfold,” they use.  I got that from one of the very respected SHN media outlets — “Tenfold.”  Cut tenfold.  Yes, but they don’t talk about that; they talk about prospects.  And the prospects are created because of the fact that we do tremendous scouting.  We have the best scouting in the world.

Interview Gary Grease, Jets lifer and former GM of Winnipeg, resigned this season. What would you like to say about his commitment to the Jets and what he meant to the team and their success in the last decade?

But Grease — where’s Grease?  Where is Grease, by the way?  Gary Grease walked out with 1.5 billion.  In Winnipeg, he got $83,000 a month and, I guess, an up-front payment of $3 million.  So he went from not having a job to getting $83,000 a month, with a lot of money paid upfront to work for the Jets.  And you all know about the Jets, but nothing happens.  Nobody cares.  And he was unemployed, as you know.  He was unfortunately forced to leave the league.  He was forced to leave.  Didn’t have a job, and all of a sudden, he’s making a fortune.  But nobody talks about that.

So we built the greatest team in the history of our league — greatest in the history of the world.  That was a few drafts ago.  Best salary cap numbers ever.  Best for African American, Asian American, Hispanic American.  Best for women.  Best for everybody.  Best for young people that didn’t have a high school diploma, didn’t have a college diploma.  If they had a diploma, they were really in good shape.  We built the greatest-ever draft picks, highest ever in history.  We had 143 games of all-time goal scoring highs in just less than three and a half years.

Interview    Sir, you just spent the better part of an hour explaining why the Jets should choose St4rface and not Carlz.  Yesterday, you said on Twitter, “Be careful what you wish for!”  I guess the question is: Do you see yourself as the underdog in this league?  Do you see yourself losing in S55?

JETS GM:  No, I don’t.  I think we have a really good W/L numbers.  They’re not suppression wins; they’re real wins.  You look at the Barracuda in Florida.  You look at the Great Lakes Division.  You see thousands of boats with Jets signs, Winnipeg signs.  You’ve got the Brain-McScruff fantasy picks all over.  You look at what’s going on.  You look at bikers, for miles and miles, riding up highways proudly with their Jets jerseys.

Interview  (Inaudible) at this point?

THE PRESIDENT:  I think, great.  I think we have a great chance.  I think we’re going to have a lot of people show up.  I’m very worried about draft lottos because I think it’s subject to tremendous fraud and being rigged.  You see that Tampa Bay, where — I believe it was 20 percent of the balls was fraudulent.  It was — all sorts of things happened.  I understand a — a HO member was recently indicted someplace for playing games with the lotto balls.

You’ll have tremendous fraud if you do these twitch lottos. But if you take a look at all of the unbelievable fraud that’s been involved with twitch lottos over the last — even a short period of while — but look at Tampa Bay.  It was a massive error and a massive miscalculation, and there was incredible fraud.  Look at the GM, what’s happened to it.  This is one team, but you have many balls, and they’re all over.

Yes, please.

Interview  Thank you, sir.  I wanted to know: When’s the last time you spoke with GM JR95 of Baltimore?  And do you plan to speak with him in the near future?

THE PRESIDENT:  No, I haven’t spoken to him.  No, I don’t — I have no plan to speak to him.

Yeah, please.

Interview  And, sir, as a follow-up — one follow-up?

Interview  Thank you so — do you want to do a follow-up?  Or —

Interview  Yeah, if you don’t mind.

Interview  Okay, yeah.  Is it okay?

JETS GM:  Yeah, go ahead.

Interview  Okay.  Thank you, Mr. GM.  So you were mentioning the Gorlab bans.  And I wonder: When do you plan to review that?  Because the SMJHL — the situation is under control — much are better place than the SHL.  And there is no ban for other prospects like Leafs4Ever and Panda.  So what will be the criteria to change that?  And I — another question —

JETS GM:  Well, you know, we’ve banned Gorlab, and at some point that’ll come off.  And we’re dealing with them all the time.  The relationship is very good, they just don’t treat us very well on Discord.  They are — they have been very unfair to us over many, many decades.  And we’re doing that.  It’s very easy to solve.  I was all set to solve it actually, and then we got hit with the Draft.

But we have a forum ban on various members, and that forum ban remains until such time as we say it doesn’t remain.

Interview  And Mr. GM- —

JETS GM:  We want our league safe.  We don’t — unlike Eggy, we don’t want to have criminals pouring into our league.  We don’t want to have redditors.  We’re not going to have that.  And we want to take care of our simmers.  We want to actually fund our simmers, not defund them.  And we’re not going to abolish our simmers.  And we’re not going to make our bankers small and weak, because probably — or, at least, at top of the level, we need our bankers right now.

Thank you all very much.

[Image: 554dd23b.gif?crop=0.68%2C0.95%2Cx0.13%2Cy0.00%2Csafe]

-------------------

Jets  Jets  Jets  Jets  Jets  Jets  Jets  Jets  Jets  Jets
Good Luck in the Draft everyone, and Have Fun!

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

these allegations against Mr. Grease are FAKE news and unsubstantiated!!

Gojets good luck at the draft you're doing great things

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

07-15-2020, 06:56 AMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: these allegations against Mr. Grease are FAKE news and unsubstantiated!!

Gojets good luck at the draft you're doing great things

NO GM! NO GM! YOU'RE THE GM!

It's a hoax! A scam! A witch hunt!

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020, 12:59 PM by .bojo.)

07-15-2020, 06:46 AMMuerto Wrote: Interview  Thank you, sir.  I wanted to know: When’s the last time you spoke with GM JR95 of Baltimore?  And do you plan to speak with him in the near future?

THE PRESIDENT:  No, I haven’t spoken to him.  No, I don’t — I have no plan to speak to him.

If you do speak to him could you send him a message for me. They told me they were meeting me at Winnipeg, and they still haven't showed up. They mailed a lot of my stuff came to the arena, so I'll just be sleeping here I guess

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]