Create Account

Tylar Checks out Teams Ahead of Draft (x2 Draft Media)
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020, 09:06 PM by Tylar.)

Tylar Checks out Teams Ahead of Draft
Code:
Ready for Grading - **x2 Draft Media Bonus**

My goal with Slate is ultimately win and have some fun along the way. I really enjoy an active locker room filled with nice people. I have no real interest in losing, although I know many teams are rebuilding. I will give every team a chance but if the team is a loser, I may not show them loyalty when it comes to re-signing. I do not really want to waste time spending multiple seasons losing since It feels like I have done that for a large portion of my time on SHL. Another thing I kind of want is a new experience and to make some new friends outside of my normal friend group. Not that my normal friend group is bad but there are so many new people on SHL to explore and since i was basically inactive the last few seasons it would be nice to be more involved.

PSA: I wrote this early, and made edits so info may be weird. I genuinely would play pretty much anywhere though, is the TL;DR of this.

[Image: platoonbanner.png]
I was once a member of the Platoon for a very short period of time with Rufus Reinhart, after being drafted, then I was traded, but that is the only real time I have been on the Platoon. The Platoon are definitely interesting mostly because of Bojo. I do not recall ever being on a team with Bojo before so that is one thing that could be good. Looking at their roster, I do not know anyone other than the General Managers. I honestly do not know if they would even consider drafting me anyways because I do not think they are fans of me, at least I think. They are also not doing that hot this season, at the time I was writing this (6th in the East). I would definitely consider the Platoon, but I think it is unlikely they draft me, but I could be wrong. They fit my desire to try somewhere new and meet some new people, although right now it does not seem like they are winners, but maybe in the future they are. They have basically no picks in this draft (a 4th and 5th) at the time of writing, so I doubt I will be selected by the Platoon anyways.
Pro: Somewhere fairly new to me.
Con: Doubt GM would draft me.
Update: They have a pick but they will not take me for sure.

[Image: Buffalo.png]
I actually am really interested in the Stampede. I do not recall being on a team with WannabeFinn and would like to be since he seems like a lovely individual. I know a few people on their roster like Evok and Bird along with some of their prospects like Lime. Their team is obviously really good and it would be great to be drafted to a team that performs well in the sim already. They are currently at the top of the standings and it seems to me like they have a great future in the pipeline as well. I also happen to have played for the other Expansion team in the Admirals, so being able to play on Buffalo would be cool. I do not really see any downsides to being drafted by Buffalo other than maybe in the future not having spots available due to being stacked? All things considered Buffalo is definitely a team I would want to be on. Buffalo fits both of my wants in being somewhere new and also being on a good team. They have second rounders that could possibly be me, so I think it may be reasonable, but maybe not that I end up a Stampede.

Pro: Winning, somewhere new, WBF
Con: None

[Image: Chicago-Banner.png]
I am very familiar with the Syndicate with both my junior General Managers being from Chicago. I enjoy JNH, Corey, Ham, Patty, Justice, and BBP. O4L the General Manager of Chicago is also an old friend on mine. I was also briefly on Chicago as an inactive with Owens. I feel like I would have a lot of fun on Chicago as I would know a lot of the people there, and a lot of them would be similar with me. They have a lot of prospects from Newfoundland too which is another bonus. They are performing extremely well in the sim from what I can tell (3rd in the East) and seem to be that un and coming type of team that took a huge step forward earlier than some may have thought. The one downside to being on Chicago would be the fact that I kind of want the feeling of something new since I have technically been on Chicago and desire to some new people, but familiarity is also not a bad thing sometimes. They do fit the want of winning which is good. They have a second rounder, so it is plausible I could end up in Chicago.
Pro: Winning and know a lot of people there.
Con: Not somewhere new and different.

[Image: Hamilton.png]
The Steelhawks are a team have I been on for quite a long time with Owens and was in their discord for a long time, even when I was not playing on their team. I am super familiar with them. They are Definitely a nice group of people who I enjoyed being around when I was in their discord. The Steelhawks have always been a good team which is good, but I feel like I do not want to be on the Steelhawks again. I doubt they would even be able to draft me, but I would still put them close to the do not want category.

Pro: Winning
Con: Been there to long before and want a new experience.
Update: They traded the farm so they are out anyways.

[Image: Rage-Banner.png]
Jaywhy is another oldtime friend of mine and I am kind of surprised he is still around especially as a General Manager, haha. I have briefly played on Manhattan, but not for very long, but still have played there in some capacity. Looking at their roster a know a few people which is always nice, most I have not talked to in probably years honestly. It seems like the Rage are performing fairly decently (4th in the East) which is nice. I know they have Jukes in their pipeline as a prospect which is exciting since I know he is an excellent forum member and teammate. I feel like I would like to go to the Rage but also kind of also want that new team experience, but I would not be mad to go to Manhattan at all. I feel like they probably have a chance to win. The Rage have made some big trade which would be exciting to be apart of. The sad part is now their picks are gone so the Rage are not really a possibility anymore.

Pro: Old friends, potential winning and Juke.
Cons: Played their before, know the GM well, no picks now.

[Image: newwolfpack.png]
I have been on New England very briefly once before with Owens. I know Ace kind of barely, mostly from Animal Crossing Discord really. Not too sure if he likes me or not. The Wolfpack seem to be a middle of the pack team who many thought would be better, Looking at their current SHL roster I do not recognize really anyone I would know. Their prospects look pretty good though. I think I would be okay going to New England, although it would probably not be a top choice, but I am sure I would probably like it. I barely remember being a Wolfpack so it would be a new experience, and I believe they will eventually turn it back around next season if they do not this season. I did have them winning the like top points award for predictions and picked their goalies for fantasy which turned out to be kind of meh. New England have their first, making them a possibility. Since writing this New England has gone into a full-rebuild mode which is interesting.
Update: They also traded for hluesfan and Clean which is rather exciting and it seems like they have fully embraced a rebuild but they seem to be on a good path. I have a feeling management does not like me.

Pro: A relatively new experience for me, new people and a newer rebuild. Some good people.
Con: I do not know where I stand with management and does their rebuild flop?

[Image: barracuda-banner.png]
Honestly, when MCP was General Manager, I would have been a hundred percent happy going there but with all the changes I am not so sure but still willing. I have been apart of a couple SHL tear-down rebuilds and none of them have worked. I have zero interest in being part of a tanking team with Slate in the future. For me, the Barracuda kind of stand in the I would be okay with it, but I would not show them extreme loyalty. If they are still bad by the time I am one season into my SHL career I would leave via free agency or ask out.The only person I have really interacted with on their roster is Bromanov who I personal messaged for fantasy, that is about it. In terms of prospects, they will obviously have a lot of them as they basically control a lot of the draft, and they do have Matty who is a wonderful teammate of mine on Newfoundland. Tampa has basically like 5 first rounders and 3 seconds, but I have no interest in going there but would not like refuse it either in the short term. I believe they now have the 2nd and 4th overall picks in the draft which could be a spot where Slate lands, but we will see.

Pro: Matty, Lots of rookies coming in, a couple good players on their roster and Potentially a good team in like 5 seasons maybe?
Con: A lot

[Image: Toronto.png]
Toronto is an interesting one to me. Based on the standings they seem pretty bad, but from what I have been told they are progressing in their rebuild. Most of the people I kind of bounced ideas off said they are a few players away from contending. I know Carpet is great because I have talked to him in Newfoundland Discord and he is great goalie. I have history with Rich from Kelowna days as well. Their prospect pool looks really good, and I know honkers who seems like a nice fellow and Jeffie since he has visited my island on Animal Crossing before. I do not know their general managers, but as I am writing this, I am becoming intrigued by Toronto. I kind of wrote myself into wanting to go there. I think it could be an exciting team to be a part of in a few seasons. They have their first and second which means I could potentially go there. Now that we know they have third overall, maybe Slate could end up there?
Update: Yeah no to third overall most likely, but maybe their second rounder?

Pro: Prospects, potentially contending, a new team and mostly new people.
Con: Possibly flopping?

[Image: SHL-Dragons-Banner.png]
Calgary is where I won my first SHL Challenge Cup back in S9, and that is the las t time I was a member of the Dragons. I have always liked Calgary. I know Esa is pretty well known around the forum and Izzy as well. I do not remember ever really having any interact with either of them over the years so it would definitely be a new experience for me since it has been awhile since I was on the Dragons. By the looks of it they are having a bit of a medicore season. I know a few of their players on their roster and I know a few prospects. Fellow Berserker’s Mats Marner and Cale Admundsen are there so that would be cool to be on the same SHL team as them. Calgary has picks in this draft, so I could see a realistic scenario where I could end up going there. I am indifferent to Calgary really.

Pro: Storied franchise, fellow teammates on roster.
Con: Potentially trending downward?

[Image: Edmonton.png]
Edmonton the original team I was a part of on SHL, well the Comets but still. I do know Keygan sort of from back in the gaming discords and PUBG briefly even though I was garbage at it. I know some other people like Karlssens and I have talked to Dylanj via animal crossing discord. I know they have two of the best players in the league this season in Pepperoni and Tokolosh which is kind of cool.
I actually really enjoy the new Blizzard look at colors compared to the old Blizzard I am used to. It looks like they have a couple good prospects and they have Guy who is a teammate of mine in Newfoundland. The Blizzard have later first round picks so I believe they could potentially pick me. I think I would be okay going to Edmonton as they look like a strong team that has a good future as well considering they have two firsts in this strong draft class. I am kind of indifferent to Edmonton and believe they will go elsewhere anyways.

Pro: Strong team, I like the Blizzard in general.
Con: Do they continue to be good or regress by the time I am ready?

[Image: Minnesota.png]
The Chiefs are a team I have been on with Rufus Reinhart. I know their General Manager Gibbles because of animal crossing and have sold turnips on each other’s islands before. The Chiefs are obviously in a rebuild which finished third last this season and they do not have their first round pick but they have someone else’s. On their roster I know Kluster pretty well from Newfoundland discord who is a very nice man and very good goalie. I know fever from way back as well. So there are some familiar faces who I would like to talk to if I was to go there. There prospect pool if full of names I recognize from the forums which is kind of nice for potential new friends. They have like half of Newfoundland’s defense in Toast, Soup and Snu. These guys are already good friends of mine it would be kind of cool to join the Newfoundland to Minnesota pipeline that seems to have emerged from last draft. I believe they possibly have 5th overall depending on trade conditions so it is possible but otherwise unlikely.
Update: They have a first now, not sure what they plan to do with it, seems unlikely for me at this point though.

Pro: Good people
Con: been there before.

[Image: Winnipeg.png]
Winnipeg is kind of a weird one for me. As someone who lives in Winnipeg, I feel like no interest in going there for some weird reason, but I also kind of hate the fact they’re the Jets as well but yeah. I would still go here though if they were to draft me. They have messaged me and I do not think they will draft me since their needs seem different but anyway. I know Muerto from way back in old SHL days. I do not recognize anyone on their roster or prospect pool. Their prospect pool looks pretty good though with some names I recognize around the forum. They had kind of a rough season and are looking to bounce back and I know they’re calling up their prospects this upcoming season so. From the outside, I am kind of unsure what they’re going for but I do believe they will pick a defenseman in the draft which means I am likely not a target. It turns out they do not have a pick, so Winnipeg seems unlikely?

Pro: New friends
Con: Hate the branding, not sure where they’re going with their team.

[Image: specters-banner.png]
New Orleans is an interesting one for me. I have kind of heard about a few people on their roster/their locker room but I am willing to give it a chance and form my own opinion. Their General Managers I am familiar with who they are but have never really chatted with them before. Their roster has a few old friend from my only Four Star Cup in Jenny, but also has SMJHL commissioner badwolf. Another person on their roster is bluefan who is the only member of the Sami Owens fan club and he seems like a nice boy and I do not think I have ever really been on a team with before. I feel like being on a team with him would be nice. The Spectors made the Challenge Cup Finals  which means they are winning which is something that appeals to me. They have Minnesota’s first which is a lottery pick which means the rich are getting richer. Their prospect pool likes decent but kind of shallow, but they are in win now mode which is good. I would be seriously interested in going to New Orleans based on the fact they’re winning now and also bluesfan is there who I would like to befriend. They could be an option as they have Minnesota’s first which is a high lottery pick.
Update:They traded bluesfan and won the cup.
Pro: Winning
Con: Have heard things of locker room.

[Image: Texas.png]
Texas feels like it has been a forever home for me on SHL.I have been there for so long with different players and I am still currently in their discord server in a different channel. I know Dankoa very well and he is a good friend. I know some of their rosters and prospects as well. Texas is probably the team I am most familiar with on the site. Dankoa has built up a good team and they are going out of their rebuild now which makes for a good situation for Slate like four seasons down the line. I would definitely go to Texas is they were to draft me, although having been there so much kind of makes me not want to go, but I have such good relationships there, saying no seems not good. They almost unexpectedly made the playoffs this season and have more prospects in the wings to add to their already young line-up. It would be kind of exciting to be a part of a potential SHL powerhouse. They got their first round pick which means I could go to Texas.
Update: Seems unlikely now.
Pro: Dankoa, Friends, Good prospects, Good young team
Con: Have been there for many seasons with multiple players.

[Image: sfpride-banner.png]
The Pride are another team that I kind of do not like the branding, but I can get over that. They kind of had a mediocre season but were still pretty close to the playoffs all things considered points wise. I recognize their general manager Grapehead from the forums. They have a few former Kelowna Knights that I recognize in Ej, Tweedle and Bilbo. Their prospect pool is rather small but they got some good prospects especially Svensson who is someone I would be interested in getting to know better from my conversations heading into the SMJHL Draft last season. I would be interested in going to the Pride with all things considered. They got their picks which makes them a realistic option for me. The Pride won the draft lottery meaning they have the first overall pick. I am not sure Slate will be the first overall pick, but I guess it it possible, but I would put the Pride as a unlikely destination right now based on that.

Pro: Solid Team, Good people
Con: Are they just mediocre team?

[Image: LosAngeles.png]
The Panthers are doing pretty well, and I do know their General Manager. I do not think the Panthers are a realistic option for me just based on the fact I do not think they would pick me for reasons. I mean they do have sweg who is an excellent boy. They also have Buster, Winter, Argar who are decent peoples too. Other than not not really much to say since It won’t happen anyways.

Pro: Good Team
Con: Lots of things.

Code:
3300 Words or so

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2020, 12:23 AM by Nhamlet.)

Tylar Wrote:Stars
I kind of wrote myself into wanting to go there. I think it could be an exciting team to be a part of in a few seasons. They have their first and second which means I could potentially go there. Now that we know they have third overall, maybe Slate could end up there?
Update: Yeah no to third overall most likely, but maybe their second rounder?

Oh bb

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Real good read
+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria