Create Account

The Future of a Nation (2X media)
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2020, 07:12 PM by The__Y-man__100.)

With every IIHF team, there comes a time when the next era of players is slowly forming for the nation. Latvia is getting close to having new faces of the franchise. While core star players like @karey Viktor Marius, @NUCK Brock Nuck, @Bruins10 Kaspars Claude, @Jason97  Calogero Crudelli, @Thelastheraclid Nat Emerson , @Gaia Mormont  Ignatius Blunt and Boris Poroshenko still have a lot of hockey left to play for their nation, one can’t help but notice the kids of the team slowly growing up to one day take their place as this nation's leaders.

The first kid on the block is famous Latvian @Wallflower Bale. Bale is a S52 SHL player currently on Winnipeg who was taken 23rd overall in his draft class. This Latvian currently sits at 749 TPE and is Winnipeg's top forward with regards to their other young players on the squad. This will be Bale’s first IIHF where he will hold a significant amount of responsibility as he is being slotted on the team's second line this year along with star winger Brock Nuck. I am very excited to see him grow into his full potential as the years go on

Following Bale, our next young gun in our showcase is one of Latvia’s cleanest prospects, that’s right it’s the fan favourite @CleanAndreiKostitsyn (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn! Clean Andrei was drafted 36th overall by the Hamilton Steelhawks in S53 and was shockingly traded this off season to the New England Wolpack. Clean currently sits at 503 TPE and is opening the tournament on the team's third line. Latvia hopes playing alongside Mats will keep the built Newfoundland chemistry alive in the IIHF. Maybe there is extra motivation to win internationally since they could not win in the juniors

That brings us to our third rising star, @leafsftw1967 Mats Marner! In a shocking mid draft trade, we saw Mats Marner get drafted by Calgary at 6th overall in S54. Mats currently sits with 433 TPE and is showing strong signs of development as a solid two way center. Playing alongside veteran Calogero Crudelli, one can hope the superstar can share some of his wisdom with the newer recruits on how to be successful on the ice.

The next player is not a huge fan of the spotlight, but we are going to put him in it anyways! @lilstifler Krišs Dārziņš is another S53 player who has accumulated 540 TPE so far in his career.Kiss is looking to be another future face of the franchise as the young buck is no stranger to stepping up when it matters most as he is a leader for the St. Louis Scarecrows on the ice.  Kriss will be swapping in and out between the 3rd/4th line as he’ll be competing with Clean for a spot on the third line this season. Nothing a little friendly competition to motivate young wingers.

Our last offensive prospect is a name a few of you might not know of, but that doesn’t matter as he is ready to put it all on the line for his country. The man with a lot of passion, I proudly present our newest forward addition @CaptainCrazy Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind! Asclepius is a S55 winger who was just drafted by the legendary Hamilton Steelhawks at 47th overall. If you ask me I was surprised to see Asclepius go in the late third round. Hamilton is lucky to have landed such a egar player so late in the draft. Currently sitting at 311 TPE, Asclepius is a few years away from reaching his prime, but he is already suiting up for his nation on the 4th line as management wanted to give him a taste of international ice. I have high hopes for Asclepius’ development and Latvia is always happy to give a real Latvian local ice time in the IIHF.

Shifting gears, Latvia did welcome a second new prospect to the roster this year. Many may know him for famous defender Vladimir Bondar, but this time Latvia is excited to welcome the future defensive anchor @Cyanide Leonids Balzams! God what a great name. Balz is currently a S55 player with 241 TPE and was drafted 29th overall yesterday. Balzams has a long way to go on his journey to stardom, but his track record shows his potential should never be questioned. I look forward to seeing my friend grow with the team Cheers

I am so happy to see all these new, younger faces with our glorious nation along with our seasoned members. Latvia is hoping to turn some heads over the next few tournaments and regain our spot as medal round contenders. While there may still be a piece or two still missing for success in S54, one thing is certain, this growing nation will keep on getting better!

Code:
802 words

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

07-16-2020, 02:05 PMThe__Y-man__100 Wrote: With every IIHF team, there comes a time when the next era of players is slowly forming for the nation. Latvia is getting close to having new faces of the franchise. While core star players like @karey Viktor Marius, @NUCK Brock Nuck, @Bruins10 Kaspars Claude, @Jason97  Calogero Crudelli, @Thelastheraclid Nat Emerson , @Gaia Mormont  Ignatius Blunt and Boris Poroshenko still have a lot of hockey left to play for their nation, one can’t help but notice the kids of the team slowly growing up to one day take their place as this nation's leaders.

The first kid on the block is famous Latvian @Wallflower Bale. Bale is a S52 SHL player currently on Winnipeg who was taken 23rd overall in his draft class. This Latvian currently sits at 749 TPE and is Winnipeg's top forward with regards to their other young players on the squad. This will be Bale’s first IIHF where he will hold a significant amount of responsibility as he is being slotted on the team's second line this year along with star winger Brock Nuck. I am very excited to see him grow into his full potential as the years go on

Following Bale, our next young gun in our showcase is one of Latvia’s cleanest prospects, that’s right it’s the fan favourite @CleanAndreiKostitsyn (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn! Clean Andrei was drafted 36th overall by the Hamilton Steelhawks in S53 and was shockingly traded this off season to the New England Wolpack. Clean currently sits at 503 TPE and is opening the tournament on the team's third line. Latvia hopes playing alongside Mats will keep the built Newfoundland chemistry alive in the IIHF.

That brings us to our third rising star, @leafsftw1967 Mats Marner! In a shocking mid draft trade, we saw Mats Marner get drafted by Calgary at 6th overall in S54. Mats currently sits with 433 TPE and is showing strong signs of development as a solid two way center. Playing alongside vetran Calogero Crudelli, one can hope the superstar can share some of his wisdom with the newer recruits on how to be successful on the ice.

The next player is not a huge fan of the spotlight, but we are going to put him in it anyways! @lilstifler Krišs Dārziņš is another S53 player who has accumulated 540 TPE so far in his career.Kiss is looking to be another future face of the franchise as the young buck is no stranger to stepping up when it matters most as he is a leader for the St. Louis Scarecrows on the ice.  Kriss will be swapping in and out between the 3rd/4th line as he’ll be competing with Clean for a spot on the third line this season. Nothing a little friendly competition to motivate young wingers.

Our last offensive prospect is a name a few of you might not know of, but that doesn’t matter as he is ready to put it all on the line for his country. The man with a lot of passion, I proudly present our newest forward addition @CaptainCrazy Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind! Asclepius is a S55 winger who was just drafted by the legendary Hamilton Steelhawks at 47th overall. If you ask me I was surprised to see Asclepius go in the late third round. Hamilton is lucky to have landed such a egar player so late in the draft. Currently sitting at 311 TPE, Asclepius is a few years away from reaching his prime, but he is already suiting up for his nation on the 4th line as management wanted to give him a taste of international ice. I have high hopes for Asclepius’ development and Latvia is always happy to give a real Latvian local ice time in the IIHF.

Shifting gears, Latvia did welcome a second new prospect to the roster this year. Many may know him for famous defender Vladimir Bondar, but this time Latvia is excited to welcome the future defensive anchor @Cyanide Leonids Balzams! God what a great name. Balz is currently a S55 player with 241 TPE and was drafted 29th overall yesterday. Balzams has a long way to go on his journey to stardom, but his track record shows his potential should never be questioned. I look forward to seeing my friend grow with the team Cheers

I am so happy to see all these new, younger faces with our glorious nation along with our seasoned members. Latvia is hoping to turn some heads over the next few tournaments and regain our spot as medal round contenders. While there may still be a piece or two still missing for success in S54, one thing is certain, this growing nation will keep on getting better!

Code:
786 words

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Latvia

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

WOOO

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig