Create Account

Kaljus FA ride

[Image: tenor.gif] [Image: 628c896c23a60a0b640b59763096b6ad.gif] [Image: 27593.gif]

It's been a long time since I have played a game in the SHL, has to be around month soon already, maybe even more? During that time my contract ended and I have been a free agent. A lucky break came when Team Finland called me up into the IIHF roster, I have been able to practice towards something and now even play again, but games have not gone too well in the IIHF, after two games all three individual categories are on the red I believe, perhaps not a surprise after such a long break, but I know I should have played better. Even more so now when scouts and teams could be watching, after all - I need to find a team to play in for the upcoming season, which is also going to be my last in the SHL.

A lot of players have been free agents in SHL, for me this is the first time ever. Not maybe in a typical fashion, but I´m a free agent still. I have to say that this whole free agency thing is not as exciting as you would think and I realize that I´m an old retiring player coming into this experience after a suspension, both are big factors and I realize that not every team in the league even has room for a defender, but the offers so far have not been over the top exciting. Sure, it would be cool to play again and no denying the fact that the 4 million dollars would help my recreate a lot, but for last season in the league I would like to have a chance to win one more cup, not necessarily a favorite odds to win, but even some odds, you know playoffs would be nice.

I got 1250 TPE and above-average defensive defender build going on, at very least I could get the job done in the third pairing. I hope the next couple IIHF sims go better and I´m able to showcase some of my skills to the scouts who are watching. In the first sim I was rusty, I know I can play better.

Meanwhile still interested in hearing more offers. I maybe made it sound like I have said no to multiple offers, but that is not the case, all options are still open and I´m ready to sign as soon as the ´right´ team knocks on the door.

(400)

Still got some gas left in the tank!

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

07-17-2020, 03:24 PMSerpe x 13 Wrote: Still got some gas left in the tank!
Cool Second IIHF sim was better, even got a point in one of the games, that is something.