Create Account

All Obtainable TPE Should Be Posted In Player Development Section

The suggestion stems from this post. A lot of people clearly didn't know about this. I'm excluding myself as it was shared in my LR, I just didn't pay attention. I'm also not sure if the reward was approved before or after voting based on that post and looking at what was shared in the LR it just said it might get you TPE.

I know sometimes there will be a bonus claim in announcements (I think there was a Christmas one) and then something like the link above pops up. 93 people earned that where 270 earned a point for a survey.

Yes I know this instance involved one tiny TPE which isn't a big deal in the grand scheme, and hhh81 was just trying to do something nice and encourage participation which we all appreciate.

I'm not including recruitment in this as that seems to be its own entity but almost all other means of gaining TPE (bank, AC, TTC, PTs) are under the Player Development section.

This suggestion has nothing to do with the actual award vote either. If people have an issue with SHL players being rewarded for voting on something in the SMJHL, or being rewarded for voting in what is essentially a popularity contest anyway, that's not what this is about.

Basically, if TPE is up for grabs, it should be in player development and not the announcements or history section.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Yeah. Didn’t know that this thing existed.

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

I know I'm 100% biased here, as I did the task and got my TPE, but I do feel like everything about this issue is completely fair. Didn't pay enough attention to the J or the voting for the Lindsay? Then you don't get the TPE. Many people in the original claim thread were arguing that they didn't pay enough attention to the minor league season so they didn't vote, but isn't that the entire point of the task? To reward people (as small as the reward is) who voted/feel that they paid enough attention to vote for the MVP.

[Image: rotti.gif]

The TPE was approved in the middle of voting, after I put up the thread and people started voting. I thought conversations happened in the last season that ended up not happening. Once I figured out that, I reached out to both Commissioners and the PT teams to see how we wanted to handle doing TPE for Khan/Lindsay voting. I couldn't wait for an answer to get voting started, so we could have an on time awards show, so we made it work with what we had.

Next season will be clearer.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Telling me not one person on your team noticed this? And that person didn't share it with his teammates?

Damn, things are ruthless out here

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

07-19-2020, 04:54 PMRotticusScott Wrote: I know I'm 100% biased here, as I did the task and got my TPE, but I do feel like everything about this issue is completely fair. Didn't pay enough attention to the J or the voting for the Lindsay? Then you don't get the TPE. Many people in the original claim thread were arguing that they didn't pay enough attention to the minor league season so they didn't vote, but isn't that the entire point of the task? To reward people (as small as the reward is) who voted/feel that they paid enough attention to vote for the MVP.

Fair.

Again, my suggestion isn't really about the vote the vote or having to pay attention to a league I'm not in.  It's about tasks that help with player development be listed in the player development section.  If someone decided to give free TPE for voting on my favorite pizza topping I'd have the same suggestion.

hhh81 Wrote:The TPE was approved in the middle of voting, after I put up the thread and people started voting. I thought conversations happened in the last season that ended up not happening. Once I figured out that, I reached out to both Commissioners and the PT teams to see how we wanted to handle doing TPE for Khan/Lindsay voting. I couldn't wait for an answer to get voting started, so we could have an on time awards show, so we made it work with what we had.

Next season will be clearer.

Makes sense and that's what I assumed happened reading everything.  Sorry you got flak for doing something good.

Whalers

07-19-2020, 05:11 PMMook Wrote: Telling me not one person on your team noticed this? And that person didn't share it with his teammates?

Actually no, I'm not saying that at all.

Quote:I'm excluding myself as it was shared in my LR, I just didn't pay attention. I'm also not sure if the reward was approved before or after voting based on that post and looking at what was shared in the LR it just said it might get you TPE.

Whalers

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2020, 05:45 PM by hhh81.)

07-19-2020, 05:11 PMMook Wrote: Telling me not one person on your team noticed this? And that person didn't share it with his teammates?

Leoben has been quite reasonable in all this.

There are other people who have been weird little goblin children today, and it's their nonsense that is unwelcome and unwarranted.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

The site needs a higher TPEA% REL

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I voted before it was changed to a google poll no TEEPEES :pepehands:

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

07-19-2020, 06:08 PMスウェグキング Wrote: The site needs a higher TPEA% REL

Quit having a meltdown.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2020, 06:18 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

07-19-2020, 06:14 PMJNH Wrote:
07-19-2020, 06:08 PMスウェグキング Wrote: The site needs a higher TPEA% REL

Quit having a meltdown.

shut the hell up or i'll mass-neg your butthole

And then i'll eat it

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

07-19-2020, 05:45 PMhhh81 Wrote:

Leoben has been quite reasonable in all this.

There are other people who have been weird little goblin children today, and it's their nonsense that is unwelcome and unwarranted.

It's all this damn purple on the site

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

just because something can be done a difficult way doesn't mean we shouldnt make it easier and more noticeable. If this is the argument we're taking, why not just put everything in one giant forum with no distinction? You have friends don't you? you can scroll the list, see the threads?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]